24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84724 times)

truetrini

Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #420 on: March 16, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
see I disagree.  You cannot sell what people doh want!  So why dey use drugs in the hood?  Many drug useres out the hood too, I understand, but In the hood...sprangers abound.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:26 AM »
Imagine, meh boy in Arima get catch with a joint (one joint) two months ago and he get 1 year in jail.

What kinda rule is that, no law at all, de people have no rights.

This was his first offence.

Now tell me if that right and killers running de streets and police passing them straight.

Meh boy don't do no wrong except for burning he lil grass after work...

I eh saying he should get away all de time, but one joint man...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:57:30 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #422 on: March 16, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
its economic, play a blind eye in the ghetto to crime and deteriorating family structures bc of the value of the land, eventually people will leave, die out or get killed, recalim the land and build the metropolis. it happened in new york and is happening

truetrini

« Reply #423 on: March 16, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »
Sam, any amount of drugs for personal consumption should not even lead to an arrest.  Real criminals out there and the police after a joint...steups/

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 16, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
The moral of the story when yah get ah joint smoke it doh f**king keep it .
My partner get ah 4000 fine ,for ah half ah quarter . He say it medicinal .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:09:36 PM by Quags »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 16, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
see I disagree.  You cannot sell what people doh want!  So why dey use drugs in the hood?  Many drug useres out the hood too, I understand, but In the hood...sprangers abound.
Breds, man sprngin every where! in the hood, out the hood, it's just that poor ppl does put their business on the streets.

i remember when i went home in 2002 , my brethren told me nappy died of ah heart attack BC he was sprangin and went and played lawn tennis. everyone who knows, knew that nappy was ah well brought up fella who didn't live in the hood.

as ah matter of fact, he was kinda bouisgy. my point iz, crack is not only ah poor mans game. the rich and the wealthy does defainitly smoke crack, but in the comfort of their living rooms.

i don't think that ah was well thought out statement if you don't mind me saying so.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #426 on: March 16, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »
it was a very well thought out response.  You can find a multitude of sparngers in the hood, and everyone knows that you can find an abundance of the stuff right there too.

My point is using is a choice, and it costly one too.  Yuh eh have food but yuh could sparang.

Yuh cyar mind yuh child but yuh could mind yuh spranging habit?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 16, 2010, 03:28:15 PM »
it was a very well thought out response.  You can find a multitude of sparngers in the hood, and everyone knows that you can find an abundance of the stuff right there too.

My point is using is a choice, and it costly one too.  Yuh eh have food but yuh could sparang.

Breds yuh getting simply subjective on me, plus yuh all over the place, lets just stay on the topic @ hand. first off i not excusing the sprangers in the hood, but it seems that ppl spend most their time on the fire, and not the cause of the fire it self.

like i said before, i believe man spranging in ah big way all over the island, the only difference iz they the well tuh do might have what it takes tuh maintain their habit without spilling their secret, while the hood rat have tuh steal and committ lewd acts tuh maintain theirs, so one stands out more than the other.

as for ppl smokin and can't feed their family? come on breds, shame on you! when ah person iz ah junky, nothing else matters than to get the next high by any mean nessesary.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »
NJAC was the only party that did anything for black ppl , after the black power up rising , poor less educated black ppl started tuh get better jobs, but before that, poor black was relegated tuh menial jobs.

iz old ppl i used tuh hang with when i was home and i learned a lot of what the island was like before, so if i lying, then is after them, BC i got it directly from the horses mouth.

All yuh must remember that 1970 was 8yrs after the Brits left. Eric in charge tried to bring this "all a we is one society" without rocking the status quo. As a lil boy in st Joseph everything appeared to be normal. My world was from Wasa where I lived to St. Joseph RC. Blacks, Whites, Spanish, Fr. Creole, Portuguese, Indians, Chinese, Douglas(plent, plenty) all coexisting happily. All of us young boys playing together. Going theatre, swimming in the river. Go up the mountain for mango. Any time the trade winds carry the tassa drums. INDIAn WEDDING!!!! we find it. Happiness. The adults, drinking and talking and occasionally partying(carnival, parang, football, cricket, sportsday, harvest day). But the tides of change was taking places all along. Lil children like us did not see that, because adults protecting we from the realities.

The society in term of business/economic was still as pre-independence. The bank have all the whites and fair-skinned ppeople(no malice,please), East Indian always had businesses(supermarket, rumshopss galore and probably 90% of the agriculture. So were chinese and some Portuguese. Blacks had very few business. Seamstress, Tailor,shoemaker, market vendor and any kind ah wuk in the government.

But economically TT was in the doldrums. JA was better off than TT. Tourism and bauxite was king and queen. Most of the oil in TT was depleted. Trouble in the making. BP, Shell and Texaco wanted out. They did not want to invest in off shore. Now,  where the gov't getting money to pay civil servants and sugar and farmers. Al that time black conciousness evolving in a militant form. NJAC with Geddes and them challenge the status quo. We want, black tellers, black carnival queen, black miss TT, etc,etc and BOOM. TT explode.

People on the whole were migrating to US much more, but the event caused many whites to migrate faster.  For me the events in itself were bitter sweet. The black conciousness of the 70s was enlightening for me and many of the people around, but it made some whites, even close friends very uneasy. I did not show them any malice because they and their parents never, never shown me or our friends any malice. Those whites who remained live thru the 70's and adjusted to the new "world order". Some of their children had the biggest afros in town. imagine me an Afro can't even grow an afro as big as them. i jealous too bad.  But what I go do. I grew to accept my picky head and moved on.

This new f---king generation is uncontrollable. I honestly want to know if they understand black conciousness. to me them doh care about that. That is old people thing. The number 1 priority for them is a gun and fast money. I don not have a solution for them.

truetrini

« Reply #429 on: March 16, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »

Breds yuh getting simply subjective on me, plus yuh all over the place, lets just stay on the topic @ hand. first off i not excusing the sprangers in the hood, but it seems that ppl spend most their time on the fire, and not the cause of the fire it self.

like i said before, i believe man spranging in ah big way all over the island, the only difference iz they the well tuh do might have what it takes tuh maintain their habit without spilling their secret, while the hood rat have tuh steal and committ lewd acts tuh maintain theirs, so one stands out more than the other.

as for ppl smokin and can't feed their family? come on breds, shame on you! when ah person iz ah junky, nothing else matters than to get the next high by any mean nessesary.

You seeing what you want to see!  Spranging is one thing, supplying the sprangers is another.  All the pushers in the hood.
  My treatise was that crime was causing poverty. 
And not the other way around, you seem to disagree with that.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 16, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »

You seeing what you want to see!  Spranging is one thing, supplying the sprangers is another.  All the pushers in the hood.
  My treatise was that crime was causing poverty. 
And not the other way around, you seem to disagree with that.
I agree, but i still maintain, poverty for some, and excess wealth for other. but for the most part i eh have no problem wid yuh statement, that crime breads poverty.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:32:02 PM by just cool »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2010, 07:01:43 AM »

All yuh must remember that 1970 was 8yrs after the Brits left. Eric in charge tried to bring this "all a we is one society" without rocking the status quo. As a lil boy in st Joseph everything appeared to be normal. My world was from Wasa where I lived to St. Joseph RC. Blacks, Whites, Spanish, Fr. Creole, Portuguese, Indians, Chinese, Douglas(plent, plenty) all coexisting happily. All of us young boys playing together. Going theatre, swimming in the river. Go up the mountain for mango. Any time the trade winds carry the tassa drums. INDIAn WEDDING!!!! we find it. Happiness. The adults, drinking and talking and occasionally partying(carnival, parang, football, cricket, sportsday, harvest day). But the tides of change was taking places all along. Lil children like us did not see that, because adults protecting we from the realities.

This new f---king generation is uncontrollable. I honestly want to know if they understand black conciousness. to me them doh care about that. That is old people thing. The number 1 priority for them is a gun and fast money. I don not have a solution for them.

nice synopsis . .exactly my memories of growing up in Trini.  I left in '72 and for a long time I dreamed of returning Home.  But what I remember is not the reality today. The likelihood of me returning to live is next to nil.  To visit, yes, but not to live.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »

Pardner taking a morning walk up Chancellor this morning by himself get cuff up and rob , other people doing the same thing (walking and running) simply move around them and continue on they merry way.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
Yeah it grimy down here...

Say yuh prayers and give them whatever material possession they want.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:48 AM »
NJAC was the only party that did anything for black ppl , after the black power up rising , poor less educated black ppl started tuh get better jobs, but before that, poor black was relegated tuh menial jobs.

iz old ppl i used tuh hang with when i was home and i learned a lot of what the island was like before, so if i lying, then is after them, BC i got it directly from the horses mouth.

The society in term of business/economic was still as pre-independence. The bank have all the whites and fair-skinned ppeople(no malice,please), East Indian always had businesses(supermarket, rumshopss galore and probably 90% of the agriculture. So were chinese and some Portuguese. Blacks had very few business. Seamstress, Tailor,shoemaker, market vendor and any kind ah wuk in the government.

But economically TT was in the doldrums. JA was better off than TT. Tourism and bauxite was king and queen. Most of the oil in TT was depleted. Trouble in the making. BP, Shell and Texaco wanted out. They did not want to invest in off shore. Now,  where the gov't getting money to pay civil servants and sugar and farmers. Al that time black conciousness evolving in a militant form. NJAC with Geddes and them challenge the status quo. We want, black tellers, black carnival queen, black miss TT, etc,etc and BOOM. TT explode.

People on the whole were migrating to US much more, but the event caused many whites to migrate faster.  For me the events in itself were bitter sweet. The black conciousness of the 70s was enlightening for me and many of the people around, but it made some whites, even close friends very uneasy. I did not show them any malice because they and their parents never, never shown me or our friends any malice. Those whites who remained live thru the 70's and adjusted to the new "world order". Some of their children had the biggest afros in town. imagine me an Afro can't even grow an afro as big as them. i jealous too bad.  But what I go do. I grew to accept my picky head and moved on.

Who's to blame for that?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 17, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

Pardner taking a morning walk up Chancellor this morning by himself get cuff up and rob , other people doing the same thing (walking and running) simply move around them and continue on they merry way.

The part about ppl gettin rob up Chancellor is not new.
Was it at gun point?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
1 word.. responsibility.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »

The part about ppl gettin rob up Chancellor is not new.
Was it at gun point?

He did not see a gun but the place was busy with people exercising and some even saw the thing happen and walk/run pass.
That is how bad it is now, in the middle of town in broad daylight with hundreds of people around man get murdered, them fellas have no inhibitions now is a kinda dark dark lawlessness that taking over the country.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 17, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
I was wonderin if ppl might have thought it was just a fight, not a robbery.
Anyway, ppl does be scared to intervene. I can't blame them, if I see a man gettin distressed I doubt I would do much.
The bandits know they have ample time to get away so they could do ting in broad daylight.
It sad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 17, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
Anyway, ppl does be scared to intervene. I can't blame them, if I see a man gettin distressed I doubt I would do much.
The bandits know they have ample time to get away so they could do ting in broad daylight.
It sad.
Yeh , i feel yuh on not getting involved, but the point i think fish iz making, is how brazen these battyh@les have become! yes is yrs man getting rob up chancellor, but they didn't do it so bold and brazen.

ah bet if we had ah good lawman on the island like marshall dillon and the flying squad, who used tuh take night and make day tuh katch and bring the lawless tuh justice, them boy woulda been a lot more vigilant in their doings!

the shyte is getting out of hand now, some body have tuh start setting ah serious example!! it's almost like we have no police force!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:11:23 PM by just cool »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #440 on: January 13, 2011, 06:34:54 AM »
4,000 students ‘missing’
By ANNA-LISA PAUL Thursday, January 13 2011

FAST on the heel of shocking revelations earlier this week that dozens of school teachers are facing sex charges for molestation, buggery and for sending pornographic texts to students, came another bombshell yesterday by Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh who disclosed that 4,000 registered secondary students have gone, “missing”.

Speaking at an impromptu press conference in the lobby of Police Administration Building in Port-of-Spain, shortly after meeting with Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs, Gopeesingh said of the 86,000 registered secondary students, 4,000 are presently unaccounted for.

As a result, he said memos will be sent to principals of these schools asking them to account for their students. Gopeesingh said he wants to know the whereabouts of these 4,000 missing students especially as he believes that in some instances, “this is where the crime might he emanating from.”

“Some students are not going to school. Some students have gone their devious pathway and it is incumbent on us to trace the pathway for these 4,000 to determine where they are,” Gopeesingh said.

Describing yesterday’s hour-long meeting with Gibbs as “fruitful”, Gopeesingh said he requested the assistance of the Police Commissioner to prevent violence and indiscipline among some students when classes are dismissed.

Identifying 38 high-risk schools and promising that measures would have been implemented with immediate effect from yesterday, Gopeesingh said Gibbs assured him that mobile police patrols will be introduced around these schools when classes end.

Warning gang leaders that their actions to “infiltrate the school system” and entice students will no longer be tolerated, the minister added, “They will be dealt with by the police service quite shortly.”

President of the National Parent Teacher Association, Zena Ramatali echoed the minister’s concern regarding the 4,000 “missing” students and added: “We must not only look at secondary schools but primary schools as well.”

Claiming that more often than not, it was these missing students that ended up in gangs and with female students getting pregnant and/or contracting diseases, Ramatali said the NPTA is seeking a meeting with Gopeesingh to discuss these and other issues.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
bess women, food and lime is in trinidad. nowhere else have that PERIOD.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »
It sad.
Yeh , i feel yuh on not getting involved, but the point i think fish iz making, is how brazen these battyh@les have become! yes is yrs man getting rob up chancellor, but they didn't do it do bold and brazen.

ah bet if we had ah good lawman on the island like marshall dillon and the flying squad, who used tuh take night and make day tuh katch and bring the lawless tuh justice, them boy woulda been a lot more vigilant in their doings!

the shyte is getting out of hand now, some body have tuh start setting ah serious example!! it's almost like we have no police force!

what i have been hearing is a portion of the force in tt don't like the current govt and neglecting their duties bc of it. hence the crime is getting worse, to me they just spiting the nation and themselves.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »
It sad.
Yeh , i feel yuh on not getting involved, but the point i think fish iz making, is how brazen these battyh@les have become! yes is yrs man getting rob up chancellor, but they didn't do it do bold and brazen.

what i have been hearing is a portion of the force in tt don't like the current govt and neglecting their duties bc of it. hence the crime is getting worse, to me they just spiting the nation and themselves.
Then they should be fired or quit!! no mo fackin excuses! i sure it have young fellas who just come out ah high school and lookin something tuh do, so i suggest firing all who don't want tuh perform and hire young new blood! it's that fackin simple! >:(

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
That portion of the force is the group that in bobol...they must want him out.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »
I wanted to but ah change meh mind since my children want to stay in the U.S finished college and earn a bigger income. Well.. you all know the living standards. Retirement, i'll have to rethink and put that decision on hold for a very long time. In the mean time I will travel back and forth, no big thing. Anyways, I live on an aircraft.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:21:54 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
It sad.

The crime is not getting worse, it has maintained its steady flow.  To infer that some portion of the police force is shirking responsibilities becasue they dislike the government is just plain iresponsible.

Were those same police not working becasue they disliked the PNM?    Becasue everyday I awoke to headlines about the crime situation, and how poor the past government were at getting a grip on it.

Now we have exchange, the police suddenly saboteurs?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
It sad.

The crime is not getting worse, it has maintained its steady flow.  To infer that some portion of the police force is shirking responsibilities becasue they dislike the government is just plain iresponsible.

Were those same police not working becasue they disliked the PNM?    Becasue everyday I awoke to headlines about the crime situation, and how poor the past government were at getting a grip on it.

Now we have exchange, the police suddenly saboteurs?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:22 AM »
Hell No !!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 03, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »
Heaven Yes!!!!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>