24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84648 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »
Remember, nobody eh saying they NOT coming back, just not right now. I believe the country is in a mess, a big one.

But I give myself 6/7 more years in the US and I am heading back.

you think it going and be better by then?

Cosign

stop that shit nuh..

Make meh yuh name man
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »

You eh paying no bills because nobody daring to come up dey to cut your lights or phone. If yuh is T&TEC and try that, men waiting for yuh at the bottom of the pole.
:D :D

[/quote]
Its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country.
[/quote]

aaah boy yuh get yankee-ized..remember yuh hadda type dem quote with ah high brow boston/new england accent eh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »
Returning home and reinvesting in the country was a topic of discussion when I was in primary school in the 70s, people were not doing it then for whatever reasons. Today the reasons may be the same or different but bottomline it is nothing new. I think all the complaints being stated is so easy for people abroad tuh find all kinds of reasons not tuh return home and I am sure some are based on, people settled and have families and all that; For me it would be easier because I can just pick up and go wherever whenever; right opportunity presents itself and I am right back in the mix. I happy tuh bath in cold water inside or outside; it have people building showers in this country so they can bath outside.

But that said if we have something to offer that will help make a difference in our birthplace then we should try because it is after all where we got the foundation tuh come up here and make it. And it rell easy tuh say this and dat but how is the negative attitude helping?  To many times it seems people come here and adopt all the ways of Americans and forget their values and get caught up in this damn rat race that you have tuh be a part of tuh survive. I have friend who all she dos do is bad talk Trinidad like Trinidad do something tuh she, please! Like people in this country doh consider she an outsider!

I have a friend dey in d UK her sis eh want 2 c TNT. Their mudder over 70 and senality kickin in she would not come home 2 c d woman. She just come from goin 2 d UK. I waitin 4 she 2 c if when dey lady dies if she comin 2 d funeral. Dey betta buy 2 casket because like if she come she go dead
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
Wha d hell wrong with some ah Allyuh...

Allyuh crying down we blasted country....

Dont be Brainwashed by others SO CALLED TRINI's who wouldnt set foot on we home soil but quick to point out how bad d country is

I have travelled and lived in many areas of this world and I will tell you from personal experiences we have such a RICH CULTURE at home that others wish they had it as good as we...

Aye lots of good things happening in TNT....Free education, free health care, social development programs, awarding of scholarships, more housing for people....

Our downfalls may be lackadaisical attitudes, procrastination, doe study it mentality....but at d end of d day...it goe get done... TOO MUCH IRRESPONSIBLE MEDIA COVERAGE..from so called journalist who hone there skills in A levels in GP and calling demself journalist....

Omarldinho....great post.... Ask NOT what your country can do for you...but what you can do to make it better....

Speak proudly of TNT.....or else hold on to your new FAKED IDENTITY....but remember at d end of d day...yuh still ah TRINI at heart....doe left dem people change yuh......

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 07:33:01 PM »

You eh paying no bills because nobody daring to come up dey to cut your lights or phone. If yuh is T&TEC and try that, men waiting for yuh at the bottom of the pole.
:D :D

Its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country.
[/quote]

aaah boy yuh get yankee-ized..remember yuh hadda type dem quote with ah high brow boston/new england accent eh
[/quote]hope nobody get ah bullet in de brain. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
How about alyuh live in alyuh foreign country, adopted homeland, whatever alyuh want to call it and leave we with we piece of shyte for a country how about that. Just f*@K off and live in the paradise that is the US of A.

With all the bad things alyuh spewing I does be so much more comfortable when I go home than up here. There is a natural stress to living in the states. You can't rest yuh mind for a minute up here, is alaways ah tightness in your chest. You have everything thing yuh want and you can see how to get it, but......that but does cause real stress.

For me I rather have a latrine and relaxed, than have 3 and a 1/2 bath and stressed.
Yuh sure yuh not related tuh archie bunker? yuh have habbit of over simplifying life way too often bro.

that's why there are banana republics, and develope countries. develope countries work hard towards progress , whlie banana republics sit back and lounge in ah hamok. i could appreciate hard work, ah wish T&T could adopt that moto, we would be 100 times better off for it!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »
How about alyuh live in alyuh foreign country, adopted homeland, whatever alyuh want to call it and leave we with we piece of shyte for a country how about that. Just f*@K off and live in the paradise that is the US of A.

With all the bad things alyuh spewing I does be so much more comfortable when I go home than up here. There is a natural stress to living in the states. You can't rest yuh mind for a minute up here, is alaways ah tightness in your chest. You have everything thing yuh want and you can see how to get it, but......that but does cause real stress.

For me I rather have a latrine and relaxed, than have 3 and a 1/2 bath and stressed.
Yuh sure yuh not related tuh archie bunker? yuh have habbit of over simplifying life way too often bro.

that's why there are banana republics, and develope countries. develope countries work hard towards progress , whlie banana republics sit back and lounge in ah hamok. i could appreciate hard work, ah wish T&T could adopt that moto, we would be 100 times better off for it!

Men does work hard home, not by the American standard, but men does work hard. I do every wulk up here imaginable, things I dear not dream to do back home all so I could do what I have to. I remember going on a job with two wjite men. They were roofing ah house and I had to clean the yard with allthe thrash from remodelling. After a couple hours they look down and half the yard was spick and span. You know what they tell me, that "i will make them look bad, slow down".

Don't tell me about hard wuk and back home and up here. It very difficult to work hard and live at the same time up here, unless you is the boss or you have your own business. You have to wait until you retire and could hardly walk to vacation  or travel, or is a once ah year vacation thing that planning way in advance. Home every weekend is ah vacation.

Look at the game in Nashville, how many people just ups and fly up here and fly back down. I was shocked that people actually had the opportunity and resources to do that.

Sam post he list you never accuse him about over simplyfing, when I reply in a simple manner against what Sam write you telling me I'm being trivial. Nah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »

Men does work hard home, not by the American standard, but men does work hard. I do every wulk up here imaginable, things I dear not dream to do back home all so I could do what I have to. I remember going on a job with two wjite men. They were roofing ah house and I had to clean the yard with allthe thrash from remodelling. After a couple hours they look down and half the yard was spick and span. You know what they tell me, that "i will make them look bad, slow down".

Don't tell me about hard wuk and back home and up here. It very difficult to work hard and live at the same time up here, unless you is the boss or you have your own business. You have to wait until you retire and could hardly walk to vacation  or travel, or is a once ah year vacation thing that planning way in advance. Home every weekend is ah vacation.

Look at the game in Nashville, how many people just ups and fly up here and fly back down. I was shocked that people actually had the opportunity and resources to do that.

Sam post he list you never accuse him about over simplyfing, when I reply in a simple manner against what Sam write you telling me I'm being trivial. Nah.

As my sis does say we doh tink bout all yuh in TNT because all yuh happy. We tell she come home and b happy. B4 d downturn she was not doin 2bad now tings tight like a tight jeans.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »

convenience..........................
I pity the fool....

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »
Often times when I talk to peo and I tell them I from trini..they like why you leave?..gov't killing your peo?(Tamil), your country is dirt poor?(the list to long)..aids rampant?(long list)..one child policy?(China)..religious oppression?(long list)...War and ethnic cleansing(Iraq,Europe)...uh should hear these peo horror stories.....we have it nice...(if uh ask me is the very countries they run to that causing Trinidad's "destruction"...BET.MTV,50 CENT,Paris Hilton,doh even talk about their political and economic policies) .it does really get me vex when "trinis" in foreign whine about conditions back home when they have know idea the privileged position they in..... they don't even entertain the idea of going back and contributing to the land of their birth..the same land they "big up" occasionally when the situations suits them...stueps
:timeout: Yuh talking outa timin! MOST of the ppl who left trini and migrated, especially to the U.S. was underprivileged, underachieving ppl who didn't have ah prayer, so hence the reason they dashed out.

most settled in NYC BKLYN to be exact. the more ambitious left the safety and convenience of NYC and ventured to the less explored south, (FL) (TX) (GA) DC, but most stayed in BKLYN, and they lived through NYC when it was out of controll and violent.

now today the place is clean , far more safe than 25 yrs ago and peaceful, yuh think anyone mad enough after experiencing all that madness a generation ago finally tuh find peace and quality of life, tuh fall back into another unsafe mismanaged violent out of control situation simply in the name of patriotism! loud fackin stuuueeepppsss! who the hell want to be tortured all their lives!

when ppl come home to retire they want quality of life, not be a prisoner in their own home.  :shameonyou:

i know quite ah few ppl who worked hard all their young lives, they bought land and built houses in anticipation of moving  home, when they finally did, they had tuh run right back tuh foreign BC of the crime situation! some stayed and is dealing wid it to their dismay. now tell me , who the fack wants tuh deal wid dat stress in their golden ages. stuueeepppsss!

in the first place,T&T had no right to be in this condition, we barely have 2 million ppl with a lot of economic stability under our belt tuh be underachieving.

it all comes down to missmanagement and complaisance! there's no reason for all this crime wid the minuscule land mass and tiny population we have.

T&T let down their ppl in the worst of ways, now with the crime and inflation, and the mid 80ies with unemployment and lack of opportunity, hence the reason for the mass exodus and brain drain the country suffered in the 80ies.

if yuh ask most expats if they would like tuh settle in trini, they would say most emphatically, yes! but not in the condition it's in now. and who in their right mind would want too!!!! i'm afraid sam was right.

crime is everywhere...right now I watching CNN and they highlighting that 36 school kids got killed already for the year and in an area within the space of Trinidad..36!!!..

just this Thursday ah man pull a gun out in York University(where I go to school) and shoot a security guard..uh think they highlight it in the news..uh think they highlight all the rapes that happen in and around campus no they don't... the Toronto Star puts murders and rapes on the last page of the main section..

I doh mind peo stating their disgust about the crime situation in T&T but don't try comparing Trini to  North America in terms of crime..we all in the same boat as far as I concerned...

and if one was to look at the situation objectively you would see that most of the murders take place in concentrated areas..the poor and depressed ones..not in the general pop ...JA the same thing..England the same thing..NY the same thing..Russia the same thing....I move like a king in Markham,Ont (bare Chinese) , ask me if I stepping out the car in Jane and Finch(ghetto in Toronto) nah 

right now California studying how to combat members of gangs who enlist in the army and when they come back from tour use their military training to commit crimes..uh thing Trini have it bad..it bad all over

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »
I listen to Michelle Obama speech today at Uni of Cali...one of the main aspects of her speech was graduates comin back to their home towns and contributing their skills to its development , if they can't come back ..they play their part setting up programs educating the neglected youth etc..

peo complaining bout Manning...pool together resources to remove him from office..finance the U.N.C, finance C.O.P finance N.A.R hell form uh own party

your a counselor..spend part of uh summers or vacation time giving advice to the youth,rape victims,young entrepreneurs in a controlled environment..

uh make uh millions or billions in foreign...buy some cars for the police ,pay for the refurbishment of a school or police station...pay for surveillance equipment at taxi stands....and highlight it in the papers if yuh want to... embarrass the gov't...

do this instead of complaining on the Express, Guardian and Newsday website how Trini get so bad...somebody just write on CNN feedback page that he failed his community cuz after he got his education he pack up and leave without even thinking about the youths like him he left behind with no positive mentors

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 12:05:15 AM »
i will actually consider coming back when T&TEC and WASA get their act together. I cyah believe i hear people current and water does still go in the year 2009.  That can't happen here or else they would get sued

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 12:12:31 AM »
Often times when I talk to peo and I tell them I from trini..they like why you leave?..gov't killing your peo?(Tamil), your country is dirt poor?(the list to long)..aids rampant?(long list)..one child policy?(China)..religious oppression?(long list)...War and ethnic cleansing(Iraq,Europe)...uh should hear these peo horror stories.....we have it nice...(if uh ask me is the very countries they run to that causing Trinidad's "destruction"...BET.MTV,50 CENT,Paris Hilton,doh even talk about their political and economic policies) .it does really get me vex when "trinis" in foreign whine about conditions back home when they have know idea the privileged position they in..... they don't even entertain the idea of going back and contributing to the land of their birth..the same land they "big up" occasionally when the situations suits them...stueps
:timeout: Yuh talking outa timin! MOST of the ppl who left trini and migrated, especially to the U.S. was underprivileged, underachieving ppl who didn't have ah prayer, so hence the reason they dashed out.

most settled in NYC BKLYN to be exact. the more ambitious left the safety and convenience of NYC and ventured to the less explored south, (FL) (TX) (GA) DC, but most stayed in BKLYN, and they lived through NYC when it was out of controll and violent.

now today the place is clean , far more safe than 25 yrs ago and peaceful, yuh think anyone mad enough after experiencing all that madness a generation ago finally tuh find peace and quality of life, tuh fall back into another unsafe mismanaged violent out of control situation simply in the name of patriotism! loud fackin stuuueeepppsss! who the hell want to be tortured all their lives!

when ppl come home to retire they want quality of life, not be a prisoner in their own home.  :shameonyou:

i know quite ah few ppl who worked hard all their young lives, they bought land and built houses in anticipation of moving  home, when they finally did, they had tuh run right back tuh foreign BC of the crime situation! some stayed and is dealing wid it to their dismay. now tell me , who the fack wants tuh deal wid dat stress in their golden ages. stuueeepppsss!

in the first place,T&T had no right to be in this condition, we barely have 2 million ppl with a lot of economic stability under our belt tuh be underachieving.

it all comes down to missmanagement and complaisance! there's no reason for all this crime wid the minuscule land mass and tiny population we have.

T&T let down their ppl in the worst of ways, now with the crime and inflation, and the mid 80ies with unemployment and lack of opportunity, hence the reason for the mass exodus and brain drain the country suffered in the 80ies.

if yuh ask most expats if they would like tuh settle in trini, they would say most emphatically, yes! but not in the condition it's in now. and who in their right mind would want too!!!! i'm afraid sam was right.

Them look for what they get...Trinidadians look for what they get....I sure it have more that 100,000 Trinis living abroad and eligible to vote..could be more..i dunno..how much of them does come back to vote?(to me the sacrifice of a return ticket and a two day time off from work is worth it) , ...bet uh bottom dollar if the powers at be know that come election time people comin out to vote them out they will get their house in order...the same principle applies to politics everywhere..the politicians cater to the needs of those who have the power to vote them out...

when last you here an expat,white person,Syrian,high class black person get murdered in Trinidad?????

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 04:27:07 AM »

Them look for what they get...Trinidadians look for what they get....I sure it have more that 100,000 Trinis living abroad and eligible to vote..could be more..i dunno..how much of them does come back to vote?(to me the sacrifice of a return ticket and a two day time off from work is worth it) , ...bet uh bottom dollar if the powers at be know that come election time people comin out to vote them out they will get their house in order...the same principle applies to politics everywhere..the politicians cater to the needs of those who have the power to vote them out...

when last you here an expat,white person,Syrian,high class black person get murdered in Trinidad?????
Breds yuh come back wid the outa timin talk again! 

vote for who? yuh have two choices since the political arena gone bipartisan, the racist indian man/crook and the tie tongue crook, who before was prime minister when the madness started under his watch , or the mad fella who have on blinders and could only see up ahead like ah race horse, no peripheral view, and don't want none either. it's all one tuh me, aligators crocodiles!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 06:15:18 AM »
i will actually consider coming back when T&TEC and WASA get their act together. I cyah believe i hear people current and water does still go in the year 2009.  That can't happen here or else they would get sued

If you don't pay your bill what they supposed to do?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »
Compare the size of T&T and the list Sam have to a place the size of Canada and USA.

T&T leading. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way, I coming home.

De ones who there in T&T good luck to them, they could come here and play talk how happy they are and after 6pm they can't go outside alone.

Doc living in Tobago, wha he know...  :devil:

Ask de people in Laventille how many people de Police kill for de year.

Brudder I does go out in d nite and I does go 2 church in Morvant and spend many nites their. It have peeps postin on dis MB who livin Morvant we eh dead we still here. So if all yuh happy in foreign gr8 but doh make it feel dat we livin in HELLLLLL. LOUDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS. Dat is y dem Yardies does b biggin up dey self here because we does b cryin down TNT.

You probably never live no other place than T&T..

Most of us live in the States and know the best of both worlds and is in a position to make that remark. Given the size of T&T and so much problems it is not good, I can only pray for better. USA is no bed and roses either.... but we came here for a betterment and it has better me for personally. It has made me a more complete person (forget money, I am still poor), A wider and more educated person.

I do not know why we have to get cuss on this thread because we do not want to live in T&T or come back right now ?

I am sure eventually we will return home as home is our home don't matter how we feel.

But as of now, I can't see myself coming back to live. I come home 3 times a year and love it, but will not live there.

My heart is red, white and black but that don't mean I have to accept what goes on in the country.

T&T have so much potential to do so much better than 80% of the countries in the western hempshire, but the politics is the problem.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:38:21 AM by Sando »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2009, 08:32:14 AM »
I dont think is politics I think its genetics Sando. Is not the fault is the breed .

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 08:35:33 AM »
I dont think is politics I think its genetics Sando. Is not the fault is the breed .

You might be on to something....

So in other words, things will get worst.. and not just T&T, around the world too. The youths is a major problem but the parents have to take blame becuase most of them not taking the time to teach their children.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »
Probably get worst . No not around the world just TNT ,the world is about the same as its always been ,is Trini devolved .Toronto getting bad but is mostly immigrants doing that .
And yeah its parents ,but the surroundings and peers not helping .But Basically is killers interbreeding .

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »

If you don't pay your bill what they supposed to do?

I dont think he mean disconnect for nonpayment. I think he mean just when they cut it "because". Like when it ent have water on the line. Or when the pole fall and they dont know when they going and fix it. because as someone said earlier if the man come to cut the power they ent letting him. They will stand outside with a cutlass and threaten the poor worker who trying to do his job, all because they dont want to pay the bill.

Lemme give you a joke. My moms live in one of them nice areas in La Romain. 2 years ago, I went home for a couple weeks. Before I get there the phone line dead. SO she using her cell to call, going on bout 2 weeks before I reach . I reach, ask her wah happen to the landline. People cutting down the line to tief the copper. they cut it right outside the area she living in and it take out the entire block.  It happen so many times, tstt say they ent know when they fixing the lines. Since it was a "working" holiday for me, I had meh laptop so I could telecommute. But because line down, no internet either. I had to go to my father office so I could use the internet and he had two offices at the time, one in POS and one in Mayaro, so that was a ridiculous commute either way for me.

I call tstt everyday for a week because moms get tired of calling. The last call, friday morning I get pissed because the lady on the phone had a bit of an attitude. I flip out and start to cuss. Tell her how I fly home to the motherland and this the shyte I hadda deal with, tell her meh yankee husband laughing at the whole not knowing when they might send a repair tech out, and he planning to tell all his friends. Tell her I cant hold meh head up fus the man making me feel bad. Tell her when I go home I writing article bout it warning people that they might not have internet and phone in this developing country.  Not that I thought any thing would come of it but you girl was pissed.

You know that same friday bout 2pm tstt truck roll up the street and the man hop out to tell me lines back on? Miss lady call the house, not asking for my moms, but for me to ask if service satisfactory? And the 'net to now, don't stay out for more than a day if it goes out at all.

Never thought I see anything like that. Friday at 2pm.  Ent man supposed to be knocking off work by noon so they could go an drink?

Now I ent know if my call had anything to do with it. Could be that they had already scheduled to fix the pole that day and just decided to drive by to make sure I knew so that I wouldnt call them back. Could be it was scheduled for the next week and they move it up, again so I stop calling. I dont know. But I will admit, I was pleasantly suprised at the communication by the repairmen and then again by the customer service rep on the monday.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »

yuh ever hear if yuh pour pitchoil too close to fire sometimes it does jump back and bun yuh han
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
Compare the size of T&T and the list Sam have to a place the size of Canada and USA.

No way, I coming home.

De ones who there in T&T good luck to them, they could come here and play talk how happy they are and after 6pm they can't go outside alone.

Brudder I does go out in d nite and I does go 2 church in Morvant and spend many nites their. It have peeps postin on dis MB who livin Morvant we eh dead we still here. So if all yuh happy in foreign gr8 but doh make it feel dat we livin in HELLLLLL. LOUDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS. Dat is y dem Yardies does b biggin up dey self here because we does b cryin down TNT.

Most of us live in the States and know the best of both worlds and is in a position to make that remark. Given the size of T&T and so much problems it is not good, I can only pray for better. USA is no bed and roses either.... but we came here for a betterment and it has better me for personally. It has made me a more complete person (forget money, I am still poor), A wider and more educated person.

I do not know why we have to get cuss on this thread because we do not want to live in T&T or come back right now ?

I am sure eventually we will return home as home is our home don't matter how we feel.

But as of now, I can't see myself coming back to live. I come home 3 times a year and love it, but will not live there.

My heart is red, white and black but that don't mean I have to accept what goes on in the country.

T&T have so much potential to do so much better than 80% of the countries in the western hempshire, but the politics is the problem.

:BS: How many people have been given the oportunity to become complete people in T&T? You could head out to UWI and do yuh do.
 I experience both worlds. This right here is the problem with many people out here, people back home eh know nothing and because you live out here some how you are superior to those back home. Why? Explain to me why they can't know?

In the USA for foreigner you mainly have no choice but to work hard and become successful. Drop the ball for a minute nah? Why don't you?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2009, 12:57:29 PM »

No way, I coming home.

I do not know why we have to get cuss on this thread because we do not want to live in T&T or come back right now ?I am sure eventually we will return home as home is our home don't matter how we feel.

d reason allyuh gettin cuss is becuz allyuh wasting down T&T like if we is dog shit down here an biggin up allyuh self jus becuz allyuh livin foreign. jus like how u were able to move to foreign an become successful, it have endless trinis, some jus like allyuh who bad talkin d country, had to humble deyself and move back home because dey cudn't make it up dey.

good for those of u who were able to make a life 4 allyuh selves in foreign but doh waste down d rest of us who workin hard to make a name 4 weself back home.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2009, 01:40:35 PM »

No way, I coming home.

I do not know why we have to get cuss on this thread because we do not want to live in T&T or come back right now ?I am sure eventually we will return home as home is our home don't matter how we feel.

d reason allyuh gettin cuss is becuz allyuh wasting down T&T like if we is dog shit down here an biggin up allyuh self jus becuz allyuh livin foreign. jus like how u were able to move to foreign an become successful, it have endless trinis, some jus like allyuh who bad talkin d country, had to humble deyself and move back home because dey cudn't make it up dey.

good for those of u who were able to make a life 4 allyuh selves in foreign but doh waste down d rest of us who workin hard to make a name 4 weself back home.

WELL SAID & COSIGN

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »

No way, I coming home.

WELL SAID & COSIGN

I dont think any of the harshness directed at anyone who doing that. Is directed at those who dont want to work and want every thing handed to them on a silver platter or else at gunpoint. Mad props to those who remain back home and working hard. May everything you wish for, you get.

As for being on both sides.... when I was growing up in T&T I had a nice live. Faddah wukkin in the oil, money flowing. Princess spoilt too bad. Then the father and I fall out. He want me to go UWI and study Law or Medicine, I say I want to do something else. I always like design, wanted to do interior decorating. My father laugh at me and tell me as long as I living in his house I go do what he want. I cash in my bank account, buy a ticket and reach US. Didnt know how to cook, never live alone, never even went grocery shopping by myself, but suddenly I on my own. Work meh ass off for years put myself through school here no student loans. Had some stuff happen to me I wouldnt wish on meh worse enemy. But kept at it and now reach in a comfortable life. Truthfully at any point over those years I could have stopped and gone home to the family. Back to a nice life. But everything I have here, I work for. Is mine. Nobody taking it away. I cant explain it better than that. You hadda be willing to work. Do matter if you here or there.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »

I dont think any of the harshness directed at anyone who doing that. Is directed at those who dont want to work and want every thing handed to them on a silver platter or else at gunpoint. Mad props to those who remain back home and working hard. May everything you wish for, you get.

As for being on both sides.... when I was growing up in T&T I had a nice live. Faddah wukkin in the oil, money flowing. Princess spoilt too bad. Then the father and I fall out. He want me to go UWI and study Law or Medicine, I say I want to do something else. I always like design, wanted to do interior decorating. My father laugh at me and tell me as long as I living in his house I go do what he want. I cash in my bank account, buy a ticket and reach US. Didnt know how to cook, never live alone, never even went grocery shopping by myself, but suddenly I on my own. Work meh ass off for years put myself through school here no student loans. Had some stuff happen to me I wouldnt wish on meh worse enemy. But kept at it and now reach in a comfortable life. Truthfully at any point over those years I could have stopped and gone home to the family. Back to a nice life. But everything I have here, I work for. Is mine. Nobody taking it away. I cant explain it better than that. You hadda be willing to work. Do matter if you here or there.

at any point you couldve gone back to a nice life you say?

i think thats the crux of the argument right there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »

[/quote

Exactly nutten beats sweet TNT

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »
yeah since I am 19 I have lived by my own devices
have tried to get back as often as possible when the money allows it
Tobago is my HOOK ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »

yep, a nice live given to me by daddy. You miss the rest of it. Nobody give me what I have now. well except for the car  :devil: :devil: :devil:

I work my ass off for what I have and appreciate anyone else who work for what they have.

giggsy11

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
One of the reasons I did not move back is because I felt I experienced Trinidad and American and I want to move to another country to experience somewhere different/culture. I will also like my kids tuh have the option of chosing from 3 different passports and tuh experience a few different cultures. But all roads will lead back tuh where it all started.

1]; } ?>