24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84888 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
Meh daughter started crying this morning when I told her she is not a Trini. I told her when she could say "aye gyul, yuh mudder callin yuh" she will be able to go to trini.  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »
Meh daughter started crying this morning when I told her she is not a Trini. I told her when she could say "aye gyul, yuh mudder callin yuh" she will be able to go to trini.  ;D

I go call Chirren Services 4 yuh.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

the litmus test for mine is a steups....try as she might she cyah figure out how to do it atall atall
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2009, 08:51:03 PM »

the litmus test for mine is a steups....try as she might she cyah figure out how to do it atall atall

All yuh need a school how wit item 1 on d curriculum how 2 make yuh chile Trini.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2009, 04:56:31 AM »
How to be a true Trini

It was not without trepidation that I ventured onto the new overpass. Knowing what I do about how motorists pelt down the Beetham Highway with a velocity great enough to rock your slow-moving vehicle with displaced air, I cannot get the image out of my head of the overpass being used as a launching pad: cars smashing through the concrete barriers, careening into Xtra Foods in Grand Bazaar.

As I crept up the overpass, the residual confetti gathered up by the wind lined the shoulder. Only moments before there was the grand opening, complete with a helicopter appearance by none other than Bunji Garlin (long banana, king banana?)…and there they were as expected.

Never-see-come-sees lined up on the shoulder taking an emergency gape! Some gazed in wonderment at the flag erected just for that day flapping wildly in the breeze. What dark magic has wrought this creation! Others were taking photographs of Grand Bazaar to send for relatives abroad who have been clamour-ing for a better angle of the shopping complex for the photo album.
That motorists had to be reminded that this practice is illegal is no surprise because there are some things that Trinis are seemingly genetically programmed to do and neither the law nor other admonishments can hold sway in the face of the omnipotent Trini “own way.” I thought it would be useful to give the uninitiated an introduction to the peculiar behaviours and speech that truly define us as a nation.

Let us start with the typical beach excursion (say excurshun). When travelling in smaller groups of two or three cars it is essential to stop (en route to the destination) on the shoulder of a major highway and dip into the trunk for the foil-covered giant cauldron of duck and other pots of rice and accompanying side dishes. The “sweet” plates are doled out to eager hands armed only with a curiously supple spork. The highway railing is drafted as seating for this impromptu roadside feast of pelau or curry seasoned with airborne grit and liberally applied maxi exhaust. You see the food will spoil if you wait until you arrive at the river or beach.

If the group is larger, substitute an ancient bus that most assuredly has escaped inspection. The lurching, rattling conveyance is covered with crudely painted murals: on the broadside you will see a replication of Da Vinci’s Last Supper, except that Peter, Paul and company are all dreads seated before an ital spread. It is a mystery how the bus driver manages to stay on the road with a hundred bells ringing in his cranium as his passengers build up to a frenzied pre-water’s edge fevered ritual. It is as much a part of the long weekend as are the “he went into the water and got into difficulty” headlines.

Years ago I went to cover two tragic drownings at Maracas Bay. One witness trembled as she spoke because of the chilling wind on her still damp “whole suit of clothes” swimming outfit: “Is all ah we was here when we see de fellas out dere. Den dey start playing some ‘help help game’ but nobody ain’t take dem on.” I had to have her clarify, only to confirm that the young men’s cries for assistance were perceived as some sort of prank. There is also something about the value of the Trini assurance, often delivered with such confidence that the hapless dupe relents in most circumstances.

“He! Doh study he, he ain’t go do yuh nuttin! Heeza imps!”… the words generally heard before you are mauled by the pot hound menacing the yard you have just been lured into. Funny thing is that the dog’s bared teeth and steady advance were unambiguous, yet you listened to the clown waving you in from the steps. Trini mechanics are equipped with a skill that is particularly deadly when used against women. To most of us and specifically women (come on, you know it is true), whatever engineering is concealed beneath the hood of a car, it might as well be the Hadron collider.

Naturally when your car limps into a mechanic’s garage the most present concern burrowing into the brain is the looming bill. You are put at ease, after having described the vehicle’s symptoms, with just three words, “Dais small ting!” Of course a few days and three phone calls later, small ting turns into, “Hear nah, is when we went een we find dat de manifold crack so dat ha’ to come out. Furder to dat you have a coolant leak …brap brap brap.”

No one ever said the Trini is not silver-tongued. That is why on your flight back from Tobago you are sitting in your seat wondering how a simple conversation at Crown Point Airport found it’s natural conclusion in the acquisition of three pounds of benay balls, which, I do not care what anyone says, are bird feeders. Yes, Trinis know how to drive a bargain. My friends will remember this story. We were stranded in Tobago during the coup attempt for three weeks; any longer and I would have returned with an accent. Our meagre vacation budgets were depleted, so with just a fistful of dollars we stepped into a parlour and picked up a tin of corned beef and a loaf of bread.

We approached a wizened Chinese man who looked at us and said, “Is really $7 …but take it fuh nine nah.” I am not sure if he was using a faulty abacus, but he got his $9 because that story has an unlimited shelf life so it was worth the extra two. The Trini work ethic is also very much a part of our culture. How many of us are awakened in the morning not to the mellifluous notes offered from a wire by a yellow-breasted bird but by a gaggle of cussbuds from the regional corporation who change out of their good clothes and hang them on your fence so the front of your house looks like lower Frederick Street.

They pester you relentlessly for “ice water” to soothe their parched throats, no doubt rendered so from the punishing work of reading the papers in the shade of the neighbour’s trees. You may consider this odd but when pondering these peculiarities, I think fondly of the country I live in. Often we are burdened with the stresses of poor judgment of our governance, a self-castrated opposition, a soca president and a pall of economic gloom hanging over our heads.

It does warm the heart to ruminate on the small stuff that gives you a guffaw when you are driving by yourself. The mailman who says “leave the gate open so I could drop off the mails!” The gas station attendant who refuses your tip offer to check the engine oil: “Boss it too hot out here fuh dat yes!” The beautiful television presenter who smiles when she says “ the south African cricketeers” Leave this country? The bandits have to come better than that!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2009, 06:34:59 AM »

All yuh need a school how wit item 1 on d curriculum how 2 make yuh chile Trini.
Well my mother and sisters blitz my yutes from day one , so they know how tuh stuueeppss eat mango and luv roti like they from barackpore.

my first born son has been to trini, but no one else.

they don't talk trini but they understand it to ah tee.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
i will actually consider coming back when T&TEC and WASA get their act together. I cyah believe i hear people current and water does still go in the year 2009.  That can't happen here or else they would get sued

If you don't pay your bill what they supposed to do?
man i aint talking bout that. I mean innocent people WASA messing up their service. Today in Mon Repos, a stone throw away for the big water tanks on sando hill, resisdents have no water. What kinda service is that. I hope they give the people money back who pay their bills

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

Well my mother and sisters blitz my yutes from day one , so they know how tuh stuueeppss eat mango and luv roti like they from barackpore.

my first born son has been to trini, but no one else.

they don't talk trini but they understand it to ah tee.

My lil man spends more time in trini cause of school He have the trini accent, but he also have a lil brit accent too. You could hear it when he says something like "Oh I forgot"  :rotfl: :rotfl: When he comes home on vacation and to see the yankee grandparents is funny as hell cause they cannot understand him.

On the flip side, Funny as hell to see the lil lady talking to her trini grandparents. They cant understand her at all but she know the trini talk good. Trying to tell the grandma she want Callaloo up to now the lady have no idea what she was asking for " grandma I want Keelllahhhloueeew'
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2009, 11:58:49 PM »
And allyuh want ppl tuh move back home tuh dis kinda madness??  loud sstttuueeepppsss.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161479146
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30:41 AM »
The service in T&T is very poor.

I could say that because I experience it, imagine you order 6 Pizza and they finish 3 having it sit there and be time you get the other 3 the first 3 cold like dog nose. The casher moving zero miles per-hour makes it worst.

Imagine my cousin waiting for a phone line 7 months now.

Imagine ah next one of my cousin water gone by them about a week now. WASA eh reach yet.

Imagine you buy a piece of clothing only to reach home and see a little tear in it and CANT take it back. If you buy something in Macy's you could return it even after 6 months, no questions asked.

Them locals could come here and try to convince themselves, go right ahead but as soon as we reach down they dogging yuh for stuff, they feel we picking money of a tree in de US. They even following de States and "Govt moves on gay rights". T&T is a follow fashion country... you think Jamaica will comply with Fargots...

Man in T&T only watch yuh to see what they can get or rob from you and they expect you to sponsor them everytime, nobody eh buying nothing for you because you come from de States and have US dollars.

Just came back from Borough Day in Point, de worst I ever experience, man getting rob infront of de police and they eh even making a move to stop them.

You change a $100 dollars in T&T and it finish like a five dollars, if you buy, bread, cheese, milk and rice de money done.

In de States you could full your fridge with $60 dollars.

Flick that, I eh coming back T&T to live.

De people feel they to smart and they driving better than you.

De government not doing anything to stablise the economy and protec de middle class. Is either yuh rich or yuh poor.

To many flaws for such a small country and I know we can do MUCH better.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:24:07 AM by Star Child »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2009, 08:36:38 AM »
Man in T&T only watch yuh to see what they can get or rob from you and they expect you to sponsor them everytime, nobody eh buying nothing for you because you come from de States and have US dollars.
this is the only thing ,I ent agree with ,I found everybody I met to be most generous ,especially with drinks lol ,with what they had .Even doh a complete stranger ,from my block ask me to send a ipod for him .ok .

Hear nah if I have a house with proper facilities ,and running water all the time up in toco or sumthing  I doh mine going back .

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2009, 08:45:26 AM »
Crime aside...if you have a good wuk and all the material things covered, here sweet too bad.

Everything both good and bad is what makes this place home.

it is the triumph despite all the adversity that makes every positive thing down here all the more sweeter.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »

Like you need to get familiarized with the "I eh get to change meh money in de bank yet nuh" line. Works every time. :beermug:

as someone who live home, in the UK and the US, I actually find that without a doubt the people who live home more genuine. You know what they bowling.

A next thing about home, which is probably the most important thing. Make sure you know people, i.e always make sure you have 'ah link'.

Make sure you know a police and maintain that relationship with a bottle of scotch every xmas.

Make sure you know somebody working in the utilities, especially TSTT.

Make sure you know somebody working in your bank.

Make sure you know somebody working BIR, Licensing and other public services.

and lastly make sure you know somebody on a carnival/fete committee.

Is about understanding yuh environment and adapting to suit. all these things does go a long way to making yuh life easier.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »

11:30 am Ah dosti chicken roti by Don's in the Valley an whilst yuh waiting on it yuh down an drink ah cold stag with Mc Comie an start ah shit talk that doh end till night fall. Everybody exageratting about wha ever de topic is .

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2009, 10:41:04 AM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
I would
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »
this is the only thing ,I ent agree with ,I found everybody I met to be most generous ,especially with drinks lol ,with what they had .Even doh a complete stranger ,from my block ask me to send a ipod for him .ok .

Hear nah if I have a house with proper facilities ,and running water all the time up in toco or sumthing  I doh mine going back .
Well quag, yuh real lucky. i will have tuh agree wid star child, BC when i go trini is like santa claus pay them ah visit!

santa ah broken lemme hold ah bill nah, santa buy some bears nah, santa leave dat sneakers wid meh when yuh leavin nah.

when santa gone tuh buy roti is ah list of request, but when they coming foreign i doh get shyte, plus santa have tuh pick them up in the airport, santa have tuh take them here there and every where, santa also have tuh pick up the tab for showing them a good time,

but when they traveling , they never ever visit the coconut man and full up ah bottle for santa, they don't even pick some herbs like vervine, care for all, or christmas bush.

no body doh even say lewwe put some sugar apple or balata in ah bottle and freeze and put it in they carry on for santa, not even ah bottle ah sour sop juice self , but when i going trini my suite case full ah stuff for them.

but guess what , santa lose weight and donate his red suit tuh the salvation army, i dun wid dat! it's been three yrs now i walking wid meh hand swinging.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:19:33 AM by just cool »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »
All who have a problem with TNT stay by Uncle Sam, Cousin Liz, Brother Harper and leave we in we crime ridden, dengue dying existance.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »

Well quag, yuh real lucky. i will have tuh agree wid star child, BC when i go trini is like santa claus pay them ah visit!

santa ah broken lemme hold ah bill nah, santa buy some bears nah, santa leave dat sneakers wid meh when yuh leavin nah.

when santa gone tuh buy roti is ah list of request, but when they coming foreign i doh get shyte, plus santa have tuh pick them up in the airport, santa have tuh take them here there and every where, santa also have tuh pick up the tab for showing them a good time,

but when they traveling , they never ever visit the coconut man and full up ah bottle for santa, they don't even pick some herbs like vervine, care for all, or christmas bush.

no body doh even say lewwe put some sugar apple or balata in ah bottle and freeze and put it in they carry on for santa, not even ah bottle ah sour sop juice self , but when i going trini my suite case full ah stuff for them.

but guess what , santa lose weight and donate his red suit tuh the salvation army, i dun wid dat! it's been three yrs now i walking wid meh hand swinging.

I have a friend going home for the summer. His niece just come out of "beauty school" cosmetology or whatever it is, she learn to do people hair, nails and face.

She never talk more than 3 words to him in her life, he and the mother (his sister)  fall out donkey years now because the sister too busy making chile and expecting him to send the us dollas for her.

Anyhow, miss lady graduate from hairdressing school, and want one  of them chair set up things. She want a station thing to put the curlers and irons in. She want a set of curling irons cost close to 1k US. She want a nail station thing. And guess who she want to get it all for her as a "graduation present" She Santa claus uncle who loving in the USA. An the mother vex too bad when he tell them he ent have the money. He tell her hold a lil 200 US as a present, they vex. Why people does move so?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
All who have a problem with TNT stay by Uncle Sam, Cousin Liz, Brother Harper and leave we in we crime ridden, dengue dying existance.
Look how you taking it personal! all we doing is contructively critiqing the place we once called home.

hek, for the most part the reason we left was BC we was looking for opprtunities we couldn't acess @ home, so don't  take it the wrong way, rather try and understand.

yuh know the reason our country is in the delapidated state it's in is BC allyuh locals doh like no kinda constructive criticism, allyuh rather mamaguye than the truth.

mybe that's why the country is being runned like ah soup kitchen. and the only reason i could come up with it's BC the citizens are not active and stand up enough to challenge the govt. and hold them responsible. i see allyuh had a rally against crime and ppl beating bottle and drinking like is carnival.

if T&T ppl was more stand up , then the govt. would've had no other choice but tuh take the ppl seriously and put their shoulders to the wheel tuh ensure a safer more effecient running society.

is real money T&T have you know, there's no reason for the way that country is being runned into the ground, there's no way that place should be in the state it's in, no way!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:29:02 PM by just cool »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »
Look how you taking it personal! all we doing is contructively critiqing the place we once called home.

hek, for the most part the reason we left was BC we was looking for opprtunities we couldn't acess @ home, so don't  take it the wrong way, rather try and understand.

yuh know the reason our country is in the delapidated state it's in is BC allyuh locals doh like no kinda constructive criticism, allyuh rather mamaguye than the truth.

mybe that's why the country running away like ah that. and the only reason i could come up with it's BC the citizens are not active and stand up enough to challenge the govt. and hold them responsible. i see allyuh had a rally against crime and ppl beating bottle and drinking like is carnival.

if T&T ppl was more stand up , then the govt. would've had no other choice but tuh take the ppl seriously and put their shoulders to the wheel tuh ensure a safer more effecient running society.

is real money T&T have you know, there's no reason for the way that country is being runned into the ground, there's no way that place should be in the state it's in, no way!!

Me eh takin nutten personal I just fed up of Trinis overseas reading d online express and guardian and feel we livin in hell here. Yes we have nuff problems d vast majority of our own doin. It eh have nutten 2 do wit Manning or Panday. Last week at a Primary School sport at the barracks it had to end because a female parent was cussing. D police talk 2 her she slap d police. Dey arrest she and d sports done. D chile cryin and a parent snapping the child. So who is to blame for dat yes we in a hott mess. But guess what I read hit man get hire to kill cheerleader in d US. the world on a downward slide some just sliding faster.

So again I say stay where all yuh happy leave we in TNT some ah we happy here.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:35 PM »
cowards
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »
And allyuh want ppl tuh move back home tuh dis kinda madness??  loud sstttuueeepppsss.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090519/NEWS03/905190351/1001/NEWS/Shooting+at+Maplewood+graduation+kills+one++injures+two

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/05/18/nr.teen.police.beating.tape.cnn

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31f_1203044830

http://www.pcplanets.com/videoyoutube-University-Professor-Kills-3-in-Georgia-04-25-09.ZCg0Ll65XVY.shtml

America have over 300 million people and 50 States to worry about. T&T have 1.3 million and 8 boroughs.

Do the math.

For the size, T&T is alot worst.

Stop being bias, T&T has declined and the crime and kidnapping is probably the worst ever.

So people don't be affected? I coulda tell you that would be the "rationale" to follow. America biogger than T&T. Well where I live in T&T them things alyuh posting they would not/does not affect me.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
cowards

Can you elaborate?
If I may .....I think he mean we coward to go back home  :rotfl:.....wham alyah fraid ah slit throat and guana so lol.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2009, 02:06:50 PM »

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090519/NEWS03/905190351/1001/NEWS/Shooting+at+Maplewood+graduation+kills+one++injures+two

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/05/18/nr.teen.police.beating.tape.cnn

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31f_1203044830

http://www.pcplanets.com/videoyoutube-University-Professor-Kills-3-in-Georgia-04-25-09.ZCg0Ll65XVY.shtml

America have over 300 million people and 50 States to worry about. T&T have 1.3 million and 8 boroughs.

Do the math.

For the size, T&T is alot worst.

Stop being bias, T&T has declined and the crime and kidnapping is probably the worst ever.

So people don't be affected? I coulda tell you that would be the "rationale" to follow. America biogger than T&T. Well where I live in T&T them things alyuh posting they would not/does not affect me.

Exactly even when I in Morvant is not d part that is at war. So again stay where all yuh is more panadol for me when I get sick and POSGH I have 2 go.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »
Look how you taking it personal! all we doing is constructively critiquing the place we once called home.

hek, for the most part the reason we left was BC we was looking for opportunities we couldn't access @ home, so don't  take it the wrong way, rather try and understand.

yuh know the reason our country is in the dilapidated state it's in is BC allyuh locals doh like no kinda constructive criticism, allyuh rather mamaguye than the truth.

maybe that's why the country running away like ah that. and the only reason i could come up with it's BC the citizens are not active and stand up enough to challenge the govt. and hold them responsible. i see allyuh had a rally against crime and ppl beating bottle and drinking like is carnival.

if T&T ppl was more stand up , then the govt. would've had no other choice but tuh take the ppl seriously and put their shoulders to the wheel tuh ensure a safer more efficient running society.

Me eh takin nutten personal I just fed up of Trinis overseas reading d online express and guardian and feel we livin in hell here. Yes we have nuff problems d vast majority of our own doin. It eh have nutten 2 do wit Manning or Panday. Last week at a Primary School sport at the barracks it had to end because a female parent was cussing. D police talk 2 her she slap d police. Dey arrest she and d sports done. D chile cryin and a parent snapping the child. So who is to blame for dat yes we in a hott mess. But guess what I read hit man get hire to kill cheerleader in d US. the world on a downward slide some just sliding faster.

So again I say stay where all yuh happy leave we in TNT some ah we happy here.
So whose fault it is!! the ppl!

the govt. suppose tuh keep the ppl in line! i remember talking to my old lady, great aunt and friends who lived in colonial times, my friend told me that norman swift used tuh hang a man the last Tuesday of every month.

back then the british wasn't making no forkin joke wid criminals, raperman used tuh get cat 09 tail, and the birch for stealing and raping, i hear when yuh get one crack of the birch is piss sh!t fart all @ once. 

that's how the british ruled, with an iron fist, and that's what these a$$holes in T&T need tuh walk a straight line. imagine fellas eh have no fear for man (police) or GOD, who then will stop them???

humans need some kinda fear factor tuh keep them from total anarchy, you talking bout the ppl's @ fault, but the ppl in cuba, Saudi arabia, singapore, and bermuda doh wild out like that, yuh know why? BC if they did , then the system waiting tuh put them in check!

T&T have too much bobol, and corruption, and herein lies the problem!! the govt too anyhow and lackluster!

they allow the ppl tuh run wild while they sit back on their arse and thief out the oil money, no one don't want tuh take responsibility for the state of the country, and almost every authoritative figure is involve some way or the other in wrong doing. even members on the integrity commission in bobol.

all we really need in T&T is a leader who really give, i remember NYC was real bad 15 yrs ago, and would make trini look like an amusement park, but then came gulliani with minimal effort and cleaned up the whole city, and i mean clean, .

byrant park used to be ah dump, flowing with drug dealers and derelicts, times square was the same, nostrand ave , fullton street , the E ninties, vandervare, east NY was full of crack and crime, now them places clean like ah whistle.

yuh think T&T was bad like that! back then had man shooting out for all 30 mins @ a time , and the cops was always 10 mins late for fear of bad man.

but the city clean up shop and put the squeeze on police captains tuh take responsibility for their precints and thier currupted officers.

they then cleaned up the force with internal affairs and started putting lawless fellas in jail, now all dem bad man either run out of NY or in lock down!

a city of 10 million and a little smaller than the size of trinidad has less crime and a better quality of life, thanx to a mayor who cared and didn't hang his head in defeat like his predecessors.

and as far as i know, it still have parents who does cuss and want tuh beat teachers, but the school system does ex-spell their kids and reprimand the parents, but that doh stop the police from keeping crime to a minimal.

i doh care what ppl say, when the law serious bout cleaning up the place, criminals does bolt like wild donkeys running from ah hungry lion!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
Okay some Stats.

Infant Mortality Rate

USA - 6.26/1000 live births
T&T - 29.93/1000 live births

Life Expectancy Rate

USA - 78.11 years
T&T - 70.86 years

Literacy Rate

USA - 99% - 15 years and over that can read and write
T&T - 98.6 - 15 years and over that can read and write

School Life Expectancy

USA - 16 years
T&T - 11 years

Education Expenditure

USA - 5.3% of GDP (2005)
T&T - 4.2% of GDP (2002)

I know what you all will pick out in these stats to use against T&T, but think about it carefully before you do so cause it could work against your argument in the long run.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:22:05 PM by elan »

1]; } ?>