24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84956 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2009, 07:11:29 PM »
Bourbon you talking some sense today...

At the end of the day, its all about what Organic said: "Individual experience is what often determines your point of view."

Just Cool, you make some good points but with all due respect your view come off as kinda myopic. I empathize with your experiences breds, but the majority of trinidad eh so.. Like any other country in the world it have demographics.. and it have a ghetto. I sure it have places right here in beloved NYC that yuh wouldnt go in broad daylight.

The thing is, like i keep saying, irresponsible journalism have a big part to play in sensationalism the crime thus desensitizing the populace to murders.. Nuff shit does go down right there in barbados that don't make a front page or even a papers trust me.. Yet is bodies on the front page of the express. And alot of you here probably get this as your daily does and form your opinions.. Alot of the murders are confined to certain areas.

On the flip side, it easy for us to sit behind our chair and decry the wutless youths for not taking advantage of the opportunities afforded to them. But in doing so, we mustnt ignore the fact that is a mindset yuh dealing with.. If its one thing i learn is that the hardest thing to do is to change a man's mind... and when u see someone come from a broken home, grow up in an environment with the wrong influences, living in a society that failing them with a decaying moral fabric... yuh hadda understand he jus eh programmed to think like that.. He brain not wired to think like how you thinking.. he not looking at this life through your eyes.. remember yuh cant know someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes...

For me, to be honest the US eh have nutten for me that TT eh have.. Gone are the days when you could look forward to Tanty sending yuh a barrel with stocks.. What it have that someone could send you in a barrel that you can't get down here? You have malls with all the brands you could get in the US.. Supermarkets have all the commodities u could get abroad.. You even getting movies in the cinema faster than in the UK.. Things was different back in the days when a man had to go to the states for an opportunity to make a living for himself, but imo it eh really like that no more.. if you willing to work yuh could more than do it at home.

Yuh right though.. if its one thing the US have is a piece of mind. I doh ever have to look over my shoulder walking in at night and I doh live in no bess area.. whereas at home yuh hadda look in yuh rearview mirror when yuh coming in.. But at the end of the day everywhere on this earth have its pros and cons, its challenges and its blessings.. If trinidad wasn't so wild it would be paradise.

Me, I does just let go and let God and hope for the best.

and all who yuh say they waiting for things to get better before they come home need to wake up and smell the coffee, because yuh never coming home.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »
Yuh know ppl in the caribbean blood very close to their skin! so any kinda criticism would be taken extemely personal.

man taking this foreign ting way too serious when there's no need to.

i believe all i saying is ppl livin here in north america and the U.K. livin basically hectic but safe lives, and would rather deal with the hustle and bustle of work than crime and medical incompetance.

i livin in NYC and does feel real safe here, even though sh!t could go down @ any time. when i in trini i does be scared and uneasy, and rightfully so, i had the displeasure of seeing friends and loveones murdered for zilch. and a few got mugged and shot but survived.

so all i saying is when the police and the govt decide tuh put crime as top prority on their list and keep it there, together with the minsitry of health, then i would concider moving back home.

my breddren from childhood died from jundus when he didn't have to. BC they had no medication in the hospital tuh treat him after he was there for a few day.

when these simple things are denied the public,who in their right minds would want tuh leave stable north america/ U.K. for T&T, no matter how warm and sweet it may be.

in a nut shell, ppl just want to be safe and be taken care of when they get sick, but safty would be my #1 priority! i could always pay some money in st clair medical center if nessesary.
The first highlighted part is the only remnants of caribeanness u seem to have at times. Few people in here blood does seem to boil like yours.

as to the second highlighted statement. Herein lies my point. Why wait for people who doh seem like they want things to improve to try and make it better.  if the place means anything to you(ignoring your  signature for a minute, in the spirit of this conversation) and family notwithstanding, why wont u come back and make the difference? i wonder if u think u worked hard and did somehting positive for your present place of abode or if it was basically inconsequential?

VC1 why u assuming the people dont want the change? cause they voted pnm again? the usa voted bush in twice no? people do want things to get better. If it is that u think trinis to lazy to foster the change again i say all the people who outside and have all the ideas and ways to foster change, by all means come back and help us with your know how.

there is an overall vibe u get that the foreign based who live in the states vehemently defend the US agaisnt any negative statements on this forum. And the same goes for canada. It also seems that the majority of the things they say about trini has a negative tone (and i am positive that its because they llike trini so much that they just want better for it always).

everyone feels the frustration of a society gone sour. however as sizzla said words without works cant sustain. i tell my students all the time, they should consider not criticizing an opinion or theory unless they have some suggestion of an alternative.
Lemme try ah different type of reference....... Obama's general inclination seems to be not just to criticize all the time but actually look for and implement some sort of positive change.

Overall i acknowledge there are huge problems that are being faced by Trinidad and Tobago. There are huge problems being faced by alot of places all over the world. The point that everyone seems to agree with its up to where u feel safe and or happy for what ever reason.
Just as my i may think moving back was good for me, you (plural) may not agree.  that doesnt mean i right or you wrong. Individual experience is what often determines your point of view.

hear nah, dat is why i jump een dis thread. ah seein ppl askin why d locals respondin to a thread geared towards foreign based.
but i couldnt understand why ppl who are not livin in d country movin like dey know more dan d ppl who livin here day by day. now doh get me wrong ppl, i not promotin no local vs foreign based scene but i jus cyah understand why d comments d foreign based makin against my country mainly on a negative vibes.

watch for example, ah hear on d news today, ah little 13 year old trini boy got knocked down an killed in brooklyn. it safe to say if he family didnt pick up deyself an go to d states (for wat ever reason; crime, better opportunities), d yute man cud have very well be alive today.

so no matter which part of d world yuh is, s**t cud still happen to u. is not only in trinbago where somebody cud lock yuh neck, is anywhere dat cud happen. so if d foreign based doh want to come back, or only want to come back when d vibes nice, so be it.

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »
Bourbon yuh place some boss post here today breds.....

I am indeed a student today and VERY ENERGIZED and MOTIVATED...there is alot of truth in your post

I think what I take from all of this is DO YOUR BEST and KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE...

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
I agree mindset hard 2 change like changing culture in organization. It hard no tail but not impossible. It need nuff work but can b done.

Nobody eh talk bout dem peeps who realy responsible 4 d crime. I sure dem thugs dat was in Picton eh have d means to bring in d guns and drugs. So let us deal it d root of d problem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2009, 07:27:44 PM »
I agree mindset hard 2 change like changing culture in organization. It hard no tail but not impossible. It need nuff work but can b done.

Nobody eh talk bout dem peeps who realy responsible 4 d crime. I sure dem thugs dat was in Picton eh have d means to bring in d guns and drugs. So let us deal it d root of d problem.

exactly

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2009, 07:33:14 PM »

At the end of the day, its all about what Organic said: "Individual experience is what often determines your point of view."

On the flip side, it easy for us to sit behind our chair and decry the wutless youths for not taking advantage of the opportunities afforded to them. But in doing so, we mustnt ignore the fact that is a mindset yuh dealing with.. If its one thing i learn is that the hardest thing to do is to change a man's mind... and when u see someone come from a broken home, grow up in an environment with the wrong influences, living in a society that failing them with a decaying moral fabric... yuh hadda understand he jus eh programmed to think like that.. He brain not wired to think like how you thinking.. he not looking at this life through your eyes.. remember yuh cant know someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes...

Dat is de a next ting. Yuh feel people eh understand that and giving dem things so dey could better deyself? You want to tell me dem seeing man getting money easy and ting from drugs and eh seeing dey body riddled with bullets too? How hard it is for dem to see that wha dey was trying before wasnt working....and it was de same ting a major portion of dem was trying and it still didnt work. Dey does say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get a different result. What again they need to see and understand that wha dey was doing before eh working? I dunno nah...

Honestly..wha really upset me....is de time when de police vehicle crash on de bus route by beetham..and dey tief de gun from de vehicle. Den dey want to get vex when police move in and lock down de area..residents eh cooperating...claiming victimisation and brutality.....all kinda madness. Dat jus make me realise dat wha a good bit of dem fundamentalists and racists does think really true....dem hadda like de position dem in. Anytime yuh try to change it for dem...is opposition. It cynical yes..buh....yuh could only lead a horse to water. Buh how yuh supposed to feel when a horse complaining dat it thirsty.....yuh lead it to a clean fresh source of water..buh it prefer to not drink and complain it thirsty? I doh understand dat. Buh putting it simplistically.....my brain probably eh wired like dem own. Even trying to rewire it for them does be problems. Look at where some of the prodigal talent we have football wise came from....yuh noticing a trend? Why it hadda be so? Oh i know why...is dis blasted government.  ::)

Me personally..i am a cynical optimist. I does prepare for the worst and hope for the best. And i going down fighting...even doh dis degree might just be a collosal waste of time....i still fighting. Something must work out. It have too much to do here to not be doing anything.

De root cause? Greed. Plain and simple. Dem who have de capital to be bringing in shipment of drugs and guns and ting know what dey going and be used for. What constructive purpose a gun have? Not one damn ting. Buh....dem rather make money while making people suffer. I does always say guns was one of the many sources of downfall for black people. Guns was one of de primary items used in bartering slaves in the slave trade...tribes had to get guns cuz other tribes got..and they woulda get wipe out. Same ting now.....just give dem guns and let dem kill out each other.

Is all greed. Greed and selfishness. Greed have people paying for drivers permit and ting on de road..while officers collecting at least 500 a person for each person who pay for their permit each day...in addition to their salary. Imagine if 2 people buy their permit each day...multiplied by 5 days a week..multiplied by 4 weeks a month...dahs 20 grand extra..in addition to their salary. But for dem dat price good enough to dull their conscience when people dying on de road cause it have plenty people on de road who eh drivers...they simply motor vehicle operators. Is greed have plenty government agencies not doing dey work during normal hours and want to leave it for overtime. Is selfishness when you could sit down and scratch for de greater part of de day and your conscience eh bothering you dat yuh have work to do..and people getting kept back because of it. Dahs de root cause of de whole world problems. Just it especially manifested here because to add to that..we have no blasted discipline whatsoever.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »
The argument being put forward by expats that crime is this massive deterrent to returning is BS.

Reading the papers or listening to the warnings of parents could never be an accurate reflection of day to day life in TnT. It would take two seconds independent thought to realize that a warning to "avoid Frederick St.", the busiest street in the country, is bullshit talk. The crime is bad, and getting worse but that is not the reason that peopel are not going back.

When you "settle" in a place, foreign or local, and plant roots inertia sets in. It just becomes dfficult to move. The thing that will keep expats back is the fact that as adults, with careers in foreign, kids who are foreign nationals, spouses who may have no attachment to TnT, and generally better opportunities in the US or Canada, going back is difficult proposition whatever the crime situation.

It is much better to just come out and say this than to put forward the false argument that "crime is what keeping me back" or "crime would keep me back" when really and truly there is no genuine debate about going back.

The fact that despite the crime people still find themselves back in TnT every year puts paid to that shit argument.

On one hand Sando saying that people can't leave they house after 6pm, like TnT is the Gaza strip, but on the next hand he visiting 3 times a year. He must like living as a shut-in.

Also if you look at the reason people leave TnT, opportunity is much more of a driving force than crime.

It is also no surprise that the people leaving and returning happen to be either very young or very old because that is the time when you are least hindered from migrating. You either haven't started your family yet or you are done with phase of your life and you are more independent.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
Nobody doh c nutten once a police involve. So murder/rape happen no eye witness but everybody know d police use force. Dem peeps harbourin criminal plain and simple.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »
bourbon, u deserve an award for best posts in a day oui. yuh points lashin real hard an yuh makin real sense.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2009, 07:57:03 PM »
Nobody doh c nutten once a police involve. So murder/rape happen no eye witness but everybody know d police use force. Dem peeps harbourin criminal plain and simple.

Weary wha happen here?   ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »

Partially in dem defence.....dey go be fraid to talk cuz dey very likely to get wiped out. Dahs de reality. And de legal system impotent too.....and any protection yuh could get non existant. Why all ah dat so? Slack trinidadians....add to that the law is still the ass it always was. But for people to have the gall to take action on somebody who doing the right thing....shows again that dey encouraging it too. Both sides of de equation wrong. Why yuh feel Cudjoe get take out like he did? Partially cuz....legally it eh go happen! Same ting dat cause dem to be gunning for robocop...same ting wipe out bill.....yuh notice de trend? Wha yuh feel make dem police drop dat man in picton? Carrying him station..he know in 24 hours..dey hadda let him out cuz dey eh have evidence to  charge him. De only way dey getting evidence is if he talk..and he a known troublemaker...on gun charge since he 16. So....unconventional force get employed...and de rest as dey say is history.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
i for one in full agreement wid d uncoventional force d police usin. doh make sense wastin tax payers money for trial dat will see d criminal gettin off cuz all of a sudden witness get amnesia or end up dead. i doh mind d police bein judge, jury an executioner. :angel:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
The argument being put forward by expats that crime is this massive deterrent to returning is BS.

Reading the papers or listening to the warnings of parents could never be an accurate reflection of day to day life in TnT. It would take two seconds independent thought to realize that a warning to "avoid Frederick St.", the busiest street in the country, is bullshit talk. The crime is bad, and getting worse but that is not the reason that peopel are not going back.

When you "settle" in a place, foreign or local, and plant roots inertia sets in. It just becomes dfficult to move. The thing that will keep expats back is the fact that as adults, with careers in foreign, kids who are foreign nationals, spouses who may have no attachment to TnT, and generally better opportunities in the US or Canada, going back is difficult proposition whatever the crime situation.

It is much better to just come out and say this than to put forward the false argument that "crime is what keeping me back" or "crime would keep me back" when really and truly there is no genuine debate about going back.

The fact that despite the crime people still find themselves back in TnT every year puts paid to that shit argument.

On one hand Sando saying that people can't leave they house after 6pm, like TnT is the Gaza strip, but on the next hand he visiting 3 times a year. He must like living as a shut-in.

Also if you look at the reason people leave TnT, opportunity is much more of a driving force than crime.

It is also no surprise that the people leaving and returning happen to be either very young or very old because that is the time when you are least hindered from migrating. You either haven't started your family yet or you are done with phase of your life and you are more independent.
well said JDB.
If u dont wanna come back to live say so, because your happy where you are and your life nice. Dont blame crime cause when crime wasnt as bad as it is now even if u were settled would u have come back?
 No one will hold u to be less of a trini if u dont come back.

One other point to reiterate. Lamblassing trini every chance when the place u living has its issues is not endearing. whats more, lamblassing trini while defending usa or canada or where ever....steups
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2009, 09:02:44 PM »
Granny use to say "if snake is to bite you in the grass, car cyah bounce yuh in the road."   ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »
Granny use to say "if snake is to bite you in the grass, car cyah bounce yuh in the road."   ;D

hmm... poignant.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »

It is surprising indeed that the gang leaders are to a large extent deportees, at least some people returning home and contributing their US experience.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »
So Jus cool...leh me ask this question.....dis zeal and fevour that exports does get when dey reach america and ting....where dey does get it from? Uncle Sam does spray pherohormones into de atmosphere in every american city dat does cause yuh to want to work hard? You kno how much places looking for people to work now and nobody taking it up? Yet people cussing when dey bring in de chinese and dem to work...buh look wha happening...dem willing to work..and dem working hard. Yuh eh hadda worry bout dem coming all kinda one hour late and ting..and taking extra lunch time and ting...dem know wha dey about..and dey doing it. So why locals cant have that same attitude? Every job i ever work i approaching it just so.....do my work..done de ole talk. So why de locals who here cyar do dat too? Wha stopping dem? Dey know damn well if dey do dat in america dey go starve. But here is always somebody looking for de easy way out. No kinda consequences for anyting.

My father went england to work a time.....and de kinda work he putting down...de locals and all shame...he eh know bout tea time and ting like dat...he come to work...and he doing it. We could work..jus de problem is doing it! Dat eh nobody fault but yours if you eh want to work. I does fed up hear stories bout men who does have a tremendous work ethic when it come to repsol, BP, BG and all dem companies..and how dey does change when dey reach Petrotrin. All because dey know is a state enterprise..it local....dey attitude doh hadda be serious.

I realise dat yuh hadda be serious to get anything here..so i am. My work ethic go be de same anywhere in the world i end up because why...anything worth doing is worth doing well. And dis watlessness we have ingrained in our psyche is wha does have our football de state it in...and add to that..people getting vex and cussing wim when he say de damn truth. How much work most Pro League players does do on dey own? How much men does be like a jumbie hitting freekicks by deyself....practicing trapping..or just running for de hell of it? The only time sucess could come before work is in de dictionary...and we doh realise dat. How much national scholarship winners have a poor work ethic? How much people who achieved on the world stage achieved by having a lackadastical attitude? Not many...if any at all. Buh nah..is always somebody else fault.

As i said..behaviours does be reinforced or re-evaluated by consequences. If Trinidad was to get a dictator dat hand heavy with discipline yuh go hear complaints. Buh dis lack of discipline and dis selfishness is wha have de country in de state it in. Police corrupt....cuz dem care bout dem and dem alone. Liscencing office corrupt..cuz it paying more to do the right thing..and dey hardly likely to get ketch. Anyting could do once yuh know de correct person....a bottle of Johnny does go a long way..all kinda folly. Machine readable passport taking all kinda 18 months to get..when keith salick who never had one before get he own in a matter of days because he had to travel on tour. It eh to say it cant be done....is just dat many refuse to do it because it doh matter if dey do..or if dey dont. So when dey feel to..they do it. And if you go contrary to the grain...dey looking to buss your throat cuz you makin dem look bad.

Change hadda start with me. Tings didnt get so overnight...so yuh cyar expect it to fix overnight. Buh if it hadda fix in any short period of time..a heavy hand hadda be employed. Buh many people eh go be able to handle dat...people does done open dey mouth for petty nonsense here...everyting is a problem. So....let tings remain as they are. I know if I eh part of de solution..ize part of de problem. So..i doing wha i hadda do..might be insignificant in the whole big picture....but..at least at the end of the day..my conscience clear.

It have rel plenty more i could say eh..buh.....people go get vex.

Man , what kinda question is dat!! do you really want me tuh answer that question ? my young son and his friends would ask ah more valid question than that! in short , this is ah real forkin retarded question tuh tell yuh the truth bredder.

but i will try tuh answer it, that should be hard :yawning:. bredder , every developed country yuh migrate to, have ah higher work ethic than the 3rd world, especially the english speaking independent caribbean nations.

that's how those countries manage tuh reach the level of excellence that afford them to achieve the level of comfort and security they now enjoy.

it's not like we did anything special , when we land here we had tuh adjust and fall in line, and that's what we did!

living in T&T we also followed suite.  the example that was set was what we followed, and quite frankly we thought it was the norm until we got a differant prospective by working outside of our native land!

the first job i held down in boo york , i almost fainted! it was on a construction site , and the bredder who was running the job was very demanding! let me tell yuh , i never work so hard in my life until i got that job.

so did i get sprayed with some kind of pheromones? hell fack no! i got sprayed with reality! if i wanted tuh survive i had tuh fall in line and do as the romans, if i wanted tuh keep ah roof over meh dunce head!

i can't believe i just answered dat dumb a$$ question! god help trini's tuh understand that instead of carrying feelings like some little school girls , they should hold their lackadaisical leaders in contempt for their lack of work ethic!! they spoiled the nation and created this lazy monster!! and it's a fact!

PS: don't blame Xpats for not wanting to return to a banana mismanaged republic! blame the lazy minded complaisant corrupted leaders for not doing enough with the abundance of resources they have @ their disposal!

so instead of being annoyed with us for our honesty, yuh should be equally angry! if not MUCH more with yuh monkey leaders for doing way below the bare minimum! so fack all you over sensitive in denial muda faking local liers! the truth is , the country is being severely miss managed and runned into the asphalt!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:53:26 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2009, 03:42:44 AM »
BOURBON Watch what u saying he is a trini His blood close to his skin. way sah!!
i thought that was a rhetorical question but maybe a was wrong.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2009, 05:36:58 AM »
Ok, I get Flex to add a poll to this thread because it kinda confusing a bit and I cant keep track.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2009, 06:54:05 AM »
I thought was a rhetorical question to..buh de man answer it for me oui. So aight...question....how come men like me and Jah Goal does be hearing we making people look bad when we working? Dis eh to trumpet my own horn or nuttin....it goes to show yuh....while a work ethic might be obtained from yuh environment.....yuh could also have your own work ethic despite yuh environment. Even dead fish could swim downstream..buh yuh hadda be alive to go against the current. And dahs my point....If you want to do it...you can do it.

I remember my first office job..was NFM. Dey send me and 5 people from school dey. Dey see i used to work in shops and ting and I accustom dealing with customers...so dem put me in de front desk in de accounts department. Take note I a engineering student eh...i never do POA. Dey put my brethrin in de back to sort ting. I a man doing wha I had to do....de gyal who was holding down de front desk needed help to organise de pink copies of the cheques and ting from since de year start....dis in june eh....and plus de year before hadda organise...but to do dat....de cabinet hadda empty....so de files from the year before last year hadda move out. Rel drama. Buh is de wuk yuh hadda do! Buh my next brethrin who come in we batch...chronically watless..de man same way in school and all. Ah time i trip off with him cuz more times dan not...he does end up in my group for projects and i does end up doing most if not all de work. Anyhow....first week of work....he gone and bring he laptop from home....unplug de people internet connection and plug it in de laptop..so he could watch smallville online. And de watlessness continued. Now...i eh go lie..de accounts department...while dey like dey kicks....dey does do dey work. Just because of some madness it had with the computerised accounting program..that threw off everything. Anyhow....he sleeping at he desk...he was so bad with it..de man going in de toilet and sleeping and ting so he eh go get make out....and he rather than help me with the physical wuk like he supposed to jus breezing. Everybody marking de man and how he moving...nobody eh saying nuttin..de boss man observing de scene too. Bam...he gone in de IT department to use net to check facebook.....and dis gyal who only flirting with him..some how or de other end up on he lap in wileness.....and as she drop in he lap....we boss walk in and see him. Now wha yuh feel went on?

De points i trying to make is

1) Work ethic..while it can be influenced externally......it comes from within. If you want to work in a culture of watlessness...den yuh could do it. Same way my brethrin in a culture of relative seriousness...was slacker dan errol fabien wearing beulah drawers. You could determine what you do. It have children who went junior sec and senior comp and ting and still come out with full certificates..and went prestige schools and excelled further. Why? Because despite their environment...dey make up their mind what dey were about. Similarly...in my secondary school....a prestige school..it had men who waste dey 5 years and come out with nuttin. So yuh work ethic by and large for the most part is a matter of choice. De way i hearing you talkin bout how yuh get rel hard wuk when yuh now reach in the US.....making me wonder bout how your work ethic and ting was here.

2) De culture of watlessness we have can only change if people realise...either willingly or by force dat dis watlessness hadda done. De same laid back carefree nonchalant way we have bout we dat does make we lovable....is wha killing we time and time again. People who doh know me dat well would think i real serious and rigid. However people who know me would know that....i serious when it time to be serious..but i a damn clown when is time for dat too. Is de same ting yuh hadda utilize. When yuh working..work hard..when yuh liming..lime hard. Whatever yuh doing..do it to the best and the fullest that you can. Mediocrity is something that you settle for.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:46 AM »

organic, ah hear yuh gorn into advertising ...  ??? ;)

all the local-based chiming in when the thread clearly addressed to those in foreign that considering a move back.

is not the people in trini that is the problem. is the norms and expectations and particularly the status quo, "we like it so" complacent mentality. to be blunt, some feel that is de mark of patriotism. this myth needs to be challenged. hopefully is like jc and sam say, the older generation taking these low expectations with dem when dey gorn.

weary, is not just express people reading, check the oecd and wec statistics on t&t. you think everything gang-related? if you doh know someone in t&t that affected by crime that NOT gang-related, go get yuh vision/hearing/senses checked.

elan, yuh leave out one of the most highly publicized stats in t&t - the murder rate since 2000.

makavelli - change schools. york u have a bad rep ;)  is de jamaicans have jane & finch so.

omar, stress eh about making a living. stress is having to "move smart" all the time.

no one mention health care in t&t. that alone give serious pause to going back.

the other thing is the exchange rate.
Am i allowed to chime in? i Recently moved back or am i Local now and its not aimed at me?
 People settle where they feel comfortable or happy. I know a significant of foreigners who have recently migrated to Trinidad. Yes Trinidad has problems that is as apparent as some posters biased. However its not any reason to act as anyone who chooses to  move back dotish, or making a poor decision.

Those who ney saying talking out of a feeling of regret that things changing. Things changing for both the better and worse in Trinidad. the worse just seems to be a little more blatant.

Crime is bad getting worse.
Health care not the best but its far from the worst especially if you have money its pretty good.
The same flawed education system have some ah allyuh talking big now fighting it down. But again this education system is FAR from the worst in the world.

For those who dont think they could move back..thats fine....but your experience is different from someone else's. what u want out of life is not necessarily what the other person wants. Same goes for those who chose to move back. But the vibe that allyuh fighting down trini is a bad one. Its not constructive at all.

Crime is a reality all over the world. yes trinidad its smaller and yes it makes it worse, however the "quality" of the crimes perpetrated in trinidad pales to some committed in places you guys feel comfortable in. MUrder is murder and its inherently bad, but it says something about a society in which a students runs into a school and shoots 20 odd people etc?

As touches said earlier if you have a good income in Trinidad and have family, friends and what ever u looking for out of life  Trinidad sweet.

Omar raised a good point which i noticed while living abroad. Same "trinis" who lazy and slack here will go foreign and word 2 jobs long hours and live in one rundown place to make ends meet. Why not pull your hand like that for"your" country?

some who say they will move back to trinidad in 10-15 years when things better, why not come back now and try to make that difference? To me if this is really your home that makes more sense. Fix your place first.
 Probably whats keeping your from doing that is that your afraid you will fall back in the same old let the government do it for we mold while you back here so u just waiting to help out when things good. typcial..no?? then maybe allyuh really still trinis to the bone.

yeah, ah see what yuh say about the vibe - but this also makes it impossible to confront quality of life issues when there's no forum in which they can be discussed. ah checkin meh bad vibes. all i'll say is that it's nice to have the option of moving to and from t&t.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
If is one thing eh change from people home and abroad is to stand up and complain.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2009, 10:22:45 AM »
I couldn't agree with bourbon more. Ultimately, individuals must make a decision on how they want to live. Even though we might have a tradition steeped in lethargy and mediocrity, we shouldn't ignore the dissenters.  In fact it is those who go against the grain who make the largest impact on society.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »
wayyyz look how sam drop a grenade ,pull de pin and walk away normal normal

allyuh should rename dis thread  'who shit does stink more, foreign or local trini?'

De only ting a black man does get easy is trouble..

..... quote of the month  :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »
ooohhh guuuuda all ah dis discussion happen between last night when ah log off and now  :o....ah goh have to rock back and read later when ah not doing de people wuk...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
ooohhh guuuuda all ah dis discussion happen between last night when ah log off and now  :o....ah goh have to rock back and read later when ah not doing de people wuk...

if yuh was ah real trini :devil: yuh woulda do it in de wukk...or take de ress ah de day off

wayz dat work ethic ting yuh coastin, yuh tryin to make yuh co-workers look bad or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2009, 11:40:40 AM »
Dread....i now come back from Liscencing office in town.....perfect case study. Since 11 o clock dem decide dat dem dragging dey foot until bout 12....den to say is lunch. Den when dey come back for one....de plan is to say cashier does close 2....and dem done workin 2 as well. Setta wicked people in de damn public service. Steups. Why dey hadda be so? Seriously? Why?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2009, 01:37:02 AM »
And it have ppl who saying the whole killing ting is gang related, but  every time i open the express, is ah set of random killings for all kinda small ting. this is one of the reasons i can't live in T&T! BC i have ah big mouth , and if a fella violate me he will hear bout it , and by the looks of it , yuh can't even stand up for yuhself in trnidad, yuh just have tuh eat humble pie right through!

look another briliant young man wasted in the prime of his youth, seven passes and can't even work, and allyuh say trini sweet. where's the law and order in this mess called trinidad. was this young man a ganster? IMB the govt failed the ppl misserably! http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161480526
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2009, 06:11:33 AM »
And it have ppl who saying the whole killing ting is gang related, but  every time i open the express, is ah set of random killings for all kinda small ting. this is one of the reasons i can't live in T&T! BC i have ah big mouth , and if a fella violate me he will hear bout it , and by the looks of it , yuh can't even stand up for yuhself in trnidad, yuh just have tuh eat humble pie right through!

look another briliant young man wasted in the prime of his youth, seven passes and can't even work, and allyuh say trini sweet. where's the law and order in this mess called trinidad. was this young man a ganster? IMB the govt failed the ppl misserably! http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161480526

Nobody say d all d killing gang related. We would b dotish if we did but if ovah 50% is then dat accounts 4 d majority.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2009, 06:25:19 AM »

u doh want to come back, we know, we know...........go drink some juice an' humble yuhself nah.................. :beermug:
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>