24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84849 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:01 AM »
And it have ppl who saying the whole killing ting is gang related, but  every time i open the express, is ah set of random killings for all kinda small ting. this is one of the reasons i can't live in T&T! BC i have ah big mouth , and if a fella violate me he will hear bout it , and by the looks of it , yuh can't even stand up for yuhself in trnidad, yuh just have tuh eat humble pie right through!

look another briliant young man wasted in the prime of his youth, seven passes and can't even work, and allyuh say trini sweet. where's the law and order in this mess called trinidad. was this young man a ganster? IMB the govt failed the ppl misserably! http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161480526
u doh want to come back, we know, we know...........go drink some juice an' humble yuhself nah.................. :beermug:

So u give up yuh wuk because of gang violence. Yeah right I believe dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »
And it have ppl who saying the whole killing ting is gang related, but  every time i open the express, is ah set of random killings for all kinda small ting. this is one of the reasons i can't live in T&T! BC i have ah big mouth , and if a fella violate me he will hear bout it , and by the looks of it , yuh can't even stand up for yuhself in trnidad, yuh just have tuh eat humble pie right through!

look another briliant young man wasted in the prime of his youth, seven passes and can't even work, and allyuh say trini sweet. where's the law and order in this mess called trinidad. was this young man a ganster? IMB the govt failed the ppl misserably! http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161480526
u doh want to come back, we know, we know...........go drink some juice an' humble yuhself nah.................. :beermug:
Mr lefty doh make me sound like an a$$hole! i just adding to the convo, do make it sound like ah going off the deep end of mass hysteria. stuueepppss

i from ah real bad place in trini and when i go back i does pass through and visit with the ppl, i does get it live and direct, i know most of the real bad ppl dat causing all the trouble, as all my friends have gangaster sons and nephews, so much so that they take the rest ah kids and move up central BC they want to escape the violence.

my cousins and dem in all kinda bobol with all kinda bad ppl so i not under no illusions.

i know it have places in trini where ppl still leaving their doors open and they don't even as much as hear a gun shot, so i up on every thing , but my problem with the country is when a society have so much yutes running around wid guns and the cops don't even seem to be phased by it, i have tuh wonder.

we need ah law man who really want tuh protect the masses and minimize gun violence. but for a small country we have too much young violent criminals on the lose and they have no fear for the law whatso........!

all i want tuh see is someone making ah solid effort tuh put criminals where they belong, jail or the cemetary!

i does be in barbados, and it's ah real peaceful place for the most part. FYI , there was a time when they had a serious gun problem way before us, and guess what happened, yes their polioce force killed out all their bad men and put bad guys on the run.

nuff ah dem leave the island and some got big jail. i think manning have tuh seriously address this problem , BC a chimp could do a better job on crime than what i see him doing.

trust meh bro , T&T in for one coop in dey a$$, this time it will be ah milatary one and it will succeed! then yuh will see the differance between leaders who care and leaders who don't give!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2009, 08:06:34 AM »
Nobody eh talk bout dem peeps who realy responsible 4 d crime. I sure dem thugs dat was in Picton eh have d means to bring in d guns and drugs. So let us deal it d root of d problem.

Ah thug say dat same thing bout who REALLY responsible for bringing in the guns....and he say it on one of Marcia Henville's episodes about life in Laventille....now if wasn't for she ah woulda NEVER know dat....:devil: ;D

One reason not to leave here.....sunshine 365 days per year....none of that bitterly cold winter stuff..

Bourbon.......big posts..... :applause: :applause: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:27:28 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2009, 08:27:19 AM »

Mr lefty doh make me sound like an a$$hole! i just adding to the convo, do make it sound like ah going off the deep end of mass hysteria. stuueepppss

i from ah real bad place in trini and when i go back i does pass through and visit with the ppl, i does get it live and direct, i know most of the real bad ppl dat causing all the trouble, as all my friends have gangaster sons and nephews, so much so that they take the rest ah kids and move up central BC they want to escape the violence.

my cousins and dem in all kinda bobol with all kinda bad ppl so i not under no illusions.

i know it have places in trini where ppl still leaving their doors open and they don't even as much as hear a gun shot, so i up on every thing , but my problem with the country is when a society have so much yutes running around wid guns and the cops don't even seem to be phased by it, i have tuh wonder.

we need ah law man who really want tuh protect the masses and minimize gun violence. but for a small country we have too much young violent criminals on the lose and they have no fear for the law whatso........!

all i want tuh see is someone making ah solid effort tuh put criminals where they belong, jail or the cemetary!

i does be in barbados, and it's ah real peaceful place for the most part. FYI , there was a time when they had a serious gun problem way before us, and guess what happened, yes their polioce force killed out all their bad men and put bad guys on the run.

nuff ah dem leave the island and some got big jail. i think manning have tuh seriously address this problem , BC a chimp could do a better job on crime than what i see him doing.

trust meh bro , T&T in for one coop in dey a$$, this time it will be ah milatary one and it will succeed! then yuh will see the differance between leaders who care and leaders who don't give!

k then, but giving d impression dat ALL of TT is a warzone is akin to the notion dat I have a blanket "bad" view of ALL people of Laventille, sometimes it is necessary to qualify our statements, and we fail to do dat sometimes doh dig nutten doh :beermug: 
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2009, 09:00:10 AM »
De laughable nature of dis continues. Jus cool..doh take dis personal eh..buh check wha i saying....

Wha cause dem people yuh know to reach dat stage? Where did de lapse occur?

As I said, for it to fix....force would most likely need to be employed..buh den yuh go hear idiot noise bout human rights violated...police brutality etc. So ask yuhself wha yuh really want. I remember in the discussion bout the Flying Squad coming back i asking people....allyuh seriously want dat? Cuz everything comes at a consequence.

Very likely. Study wha happen 20 years ago..and 20 years before dat. I doh think it might be military doh. But it very likely to happen in my view.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
Ah readin some real jokey posts here.
Because some ppl still move back or visit home that means that crime was a minor factor for them?
And should be the same for others?
Madness.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »

if the trinidad express was running news for NYC, and you was living somewhere else following in online, then you probably wouldnt want to live there either.

consider that!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2009, 10:34:29 AM »
Where else in the world would you see a man overthrow a country, shoot de president, kill over a hundred people, recuit school kids to do crime and destroy half the city, then spend two years in jail and then came out, turn around and sue de State and.... WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Welcome to T&T..
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »

Sam, Bourbon an Jus Cool.... I  like all of your posts.

An I agree that we in for a coup or something soon. I wouldnt be suprised if muslimeen again though, they bringing in guns still. They positioning themselves well.

I also agree that people need to take responsibility for their lives and stop blaming de government because you have a latrine. Get off you backside, get a lil job even if is sweeping de garbage off the streets (is you trow it there anyway) and buy youself a toilet. THen perhaps one day you could get indoor plumbing on a piece of land that you own yourself.

I could kinda believe it. If he walking through a certain area and getting hassled by the gangs when he go to work, or getting robbed or threatened, then perhaps he decide to stay home until he find out if the police force would accept him.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2009, 05:24:16 PM »

Sam, Bourbon an Jus Cool.... I  like all of your posts.

An I agree that we in for a coup or something soon. I wouldnt be suprised if muslimeen again though, they bringing in guns still. They positioning themselves well.

I also agree that people need to take responsibility for their lives and stop blaming de government because you have a latrine. Get off you backside, get a lil job even if is sweeping de garbage off the streets (is you trow it there anyway) and buy youself a toilet. THen perhaps one day you could get indoor plumbing on a piece of land that you own yourself.

I could kinda believe it. If he walking through a certain area and getting hassled by the gangs when he go to work, or getting robbed or threatened, then perhaps he decide to stay home until he find out if the police force would accept him.

Then as a police he can afford 2 move because then he go b harass
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »

k then, but giving d impression dat ALL of TT is a warzone is akin to the notion dat I have a blanket "bad" view of ALL people of Laventille, sometimes it is necessary to qualify our statements, and we fail to do dat sometimes doh dig nutten doh :beermug: 
BTW what the K for? yuh cussing meh in smart or what? if you are , then yuh could speak freely, i could take cuss and just humble, after all i not like quick draw berris yuh know. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
K = OK

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
Where else in the world would you see a man overthrow a country, shoot de president, kill over a hundred people, recuit school kids to do crime and destroy half the city, then spend two years in jail and then came out, turn around and sue de State and.... WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Welcome to T&T..

I could not have said it better...

Where weary1969 ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »

Welcome to T&T..

I could not have said it better...

Where weary1969 ?

Cosign

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2009, 11:03:30 PM »
Nobody eh talk bout dem peeps who realy responsible 4 d crime. I sure dem thugs dat was in Picton eh have d means to bring in d guns and drugs. So let us deal it d root of d problem.

Ah thug say dat same thing bout who REALLY responsible for bringing in the guns....and he say it on one of Marcia Henville's episodes about life in Laventille....now if wasn't for she ah woulda NEVER know dat....:devil: ;D

One reason not to leave here.....sunshine 365 days per year....none of that bitterly cold winter stuff..

Bourbon.......big posts..... :applause: :applause: :notworthy:
lemme break it down. them people can't afford a guns. its big business men, white, indian, black all races sell guns to the black gang leaders who gives it to his followers to protect themselves and their gang  turf.  Territory for drug sales.  A man from 1 block cant go up picton and sell weed or else he'll get bullet in his head. Sure its plain to figure who are the drug dealers but its the community who arent calling 800-TIPS, because they are afraid, drug users themselves, related to a gang member who brings them money, dont want change, etc.  The police can't arrest anyone without the community help, so they will stay that way. You might wonder why the police dont do any undercover operation, because them scared too.  The undercover police can't hide anywhere in this little island after an operation, so he/she will get hunted down and killed too.  So the cure for all lie in the hands of the community.  We from outside cant help in anyway really but just watch every black man shoot down the next until their is only one left, and dont buy drugs

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »
Anyone can have a 100 reasons to live in TNT and 100 reasons to live in the US.  At the end of de day, yuh do what is best for you.  This thread is real shit when some ppl crying down one country over de other, each has it own problems.  I will list only a few.

Key: TU (Trini living in the US), TT (Trini living in TNT).

Healthcare
TU can say healthcare is piss poor in TNT and they are quite right.  However, TU shouldn't talk too much cause if you don't have benefits through wuk or cyah afford to purchase own health plan, yuh more f**ked than someone in TNT.

Customer Service
Non existent in trinidad, quite good in the US but it is not perfect as some TU claim it to be.

Worklife Balance
Nuff TU work 2 jobs even 3 jobs (I talking about posters I know on this forum) to live de American dream,dey have nice car and ting but if dey get sick and miss 1 paycheck dey in real deep shit.  Dey does complain to dey other TUs dat dey miss back home and de lime because dey life consist of wuk, wuk and den go home get some sleep so dey could wuk 2/3 jobs again de next day and dey does have to plan ah lime 6 months in advance since dey pardnas have de same ruff schedule like dem.  However, when dey in trini dey does tell de TT dat life real good in de US

Peace of Mind
TU can say crime is high in TNT so dey better off than de TT.
TT can say crime bad in some areas but at least no10 yr old doh go to school in TNT and kill 50 classmates because ah classmate tell him his pencil or crayon short, so TT better off than TU.

One thing, i want de TU to understand is they will always be a third rate resident in de US (even if yuh have ah green card or US passport).  First rate is white folks, second rate is African Americans, third rate is the foreigners living dey.  The worst ting is to be a black foreigner living in de US.  Both whites and african americans view u as ppl taking their jobs. 

As for de TT, some of allyuh are upset with some of de TU who have been successful and refuse to give up dey comfort and come back home to Trini.

To each his own.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »
i doh care one way or the other, is the typically trini knack for  HYPERBOLE dey does take wit dem, an' recklessly blow out dey ass, is wat does bun my ass........... we all do what we must and as u say to each his own
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2009, 02:05:06 AM »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2009, 06:05:38 AM »
Anyone can have a 100 reasons to live in TNT and 100 reasons to live in the US.  At the end of de day, yuh do what is best for you.  This thread is real shit when some ppl crying down one country over de other, each has it own problems.  I will list only a few.

Key: TU (Trini living in the US), TT (Trini living in TNT).

Healthcare
TU can say healthcare is piss poor in TNT and they are quite right.  However, TU shouldn't talk too much cause if you don't have benefits through wuk or cyah afford to purchase own health plan, yuh more f**ked than someone in TNT.

Customer Service
Non existent in trinidad, quite good in the US but it is not perfect as some TU claim it to be.

Worklife Balance
Nuff TU work 2 jobs even 3 jobs (I talking about posters I know on this forum) to live de American dream,dey have nice car and ting but if dey get sick and miss 1 paycheck dey in real deep shit.  Dey does complain to dey other TUs dat dey miss back home and de lime because dey life consist of wuk, wuk and den go home get some sleep so dey could wuk 2/3 jobs again de next day and dey does have to plan ah lime 6 months in advance since dey pardnas have de same ruff schedule like dem.  However, when dey in trini dey does tell de TT dat life real good in de US

Peace of Mind
TU can say crime is high in TNT so dey better off than de TT.
TT can say crime bad in some areas but at least no10 yr old doh go to school in TNT and kill 50 classmates because ah classmate tell him his pencil or crayon short, so TT better off than TU.

One thing, i want de TU to understand is they will always be a third rate resident in de US (even if yuh have ah green card or US passport).  First rate is white folks, second rate is African Americans, third rate is the foreigners living dey.  The worst ting is to be a black foreigner living in de US.  Both whites and african americans view u as ppl taking their jobs. 

As for de TT, some of allyuh are upset with some of de TU who have been successful and refuse to give up dey comfort and come back home to Trini.

To each his own.

The post was well balanced until u say that. The statement kinda insinuates Trinis not comfortable in trinidad at all. I was successful in Canada and i am Twice as sucessful in trinidad.
Maybe the point you were trying to make is that some trinis think that sucessful TU should return and help Trinidad instead of just bad talking the place. especially if they say they want to wait till things nice again.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2009, 07:06:45 AM »
Look what the cat dug up.   http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161481355

Strted under Burroughs d man peeps wanted 2 resurect from d death

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »
Look what the cat dug up.   http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161481355

Strted under Burroughs d man peeps wanted 2 resurect from d death
Lady? like yuh eh see the ting way bigger than some two bit commisioner!!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »
Organic,
Yeah u are right to an extent, de TU who are doing well should not heap scorn on trinidad if dey not doing one ass to help de country.
on de other hand the statement also refers to de trinis at home who are simply hating on ppl abroad and expecting them to come back and make a difference while these same ppl at home not doing anything to improve the situation.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
on de other hand the statement also refers to de trinis at home who are simply hating on ppl abroad and expecting them to come back and make a difference while these same ppl at home not doing anything to improve the situation.

From my experience them people you describe there don't exist, if they do it is a ridiculously small minority.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
I change my mind and say NO.  I forget the state of the hospitals down there. Aint risking my life on that.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
if is one event that change the terms of this question, ah would say it was not the coup but the devaluation in the 80s. remember that? up until then, t&t winning this debate handily. plenty thread on this forum about the coup, but not many if any on the impact of the devaluation.

Look what the cat dug up.   http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161481355

when i see kidnapping in t&t normal - like is a profession, that ring some alarm bells. that is the way things run in narco-democracies - mexico, central america.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2009, 10:41:27 PM »
when i see kidnapping in t&t normal - like is a profession, that ring some alarm bells. that is the way things run in narco-democracies - mexico, central america.

Does it mean our best talent is needed even more or should those here consider leaving based on same ...seems as though it is better for them to leave if given the opportunity?

I don't think it make sense for it to be relative to how things are elsewhere but I think it would be fair if people did a reasonable analysis of what their quality of life would be if they returned taking things into account in an objective and informed way rather than broad strokes which too many people seem to do (underlying bigger issue for trinis with lack of analysis but that not the point).  Just saying that because your individual risk is different and may be small depending on how you approach living here regardless of our overall situation in areas like crime and health.  You could very well have higher risk living abroad in your current situation depending on how you move and where u go/live and what you entitled to.

The ones who most obligated to return are those who have gone abroad on those open schols or with state funding.  They have an obligation to fulfill but in the past we have really dropped the ball on attempting to cash in on our investment.  A short stint back home will at least provide an opportunity for the individual to set aside all fears and just deal with the situation and see how they can best adapt.  They may very well find that after a year or more that they are quite comfortable and want to pursue a more meaningful career here...more meaningful because they are helping their own which is something most find absent living abroad or at least very difficult to pursue with smaller numbers making sure they find a way.  Would be kinda cool if it had more young people will that kinda belly.....qualified and with some work experience (1-5 years) is a good time to try home from what I can see....more experience never hurt but then it may be difficult to move given family etc. If people path not here and they need to go no probs...at least the decision is based on experience and not hype (end of the day we know it have real hype on many issues in T&T even with good info all over). 

We also could do a lot better with career fairs hosted abroad to at least let people see what it have.  But realistically we are small and damn Trinis all over the place   :devil:  Probably the internet is the best way to reach everyone and get all the info anyone thinking of returning would need.  Right now I think our online presence for this sorta stuff is average...not great but promising given the trend and where we were before. (CaribbeanJobs.net, bunch of government agencies increasing the amount of info available...eg parliament, Ministry of Legal Affairs).  But as it is now it have a hell of a lot of outside people doing work here and they living here just fine making real $$ and living it up appreciating the advantages of living in a Caribbean country that is relatively well developed and stable.  If they willing to come why not someone who actually feel a lifelong commitment to the place?  At least that way we don't have to outsource so much work.  Of course doh expect to get the same pay as a foreigner even if u in the same situation of having to move from where you currently are....maybe they would but you would have to be damn good at what you do.

Doubt many people care what people decide in the end.  Everybody have their own decisions to make.  Plenty times arguments on these things pop up when people start talking and it then seems as though their reasoning based on garbage or dotishness...inferiority complex or no kinda appreciation for what they got when they were here.  Even then if it is they want to remain blisfully ignorant why argue....unless u can't resist the temptation!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:47:50 PM by dcs »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2009, 03:20:15 AM »

I don't think it make sense for it to be relative to how things are elsewhere but I think it would be fair if people did a reasonable analysis of what their quality of life would be if they returned taking things into account in an objective and informed way rather than broad strokes which too many people seem to do (underlying bigger issue for trinis with lack of analysis but that not the point).  Just saying that because your individual risk is different and may be small depending on how you approach living here regardless of our overall situation in areas like crime and health.  You could very well have higher risk living abroad in your current situation depending on how you move and where u go/live and what you entitled to.

Excellent point DCS, reading papers and listening to stories during a 2 week visit could never give you a picture of life in TnT. Most people painting the broad "crime" brush haven't actually sat down to really consider the pros and cons to determine that crime is the deciding factor. In most cases the other difficulties like high cost of housing, difficulty in moving a family and challenge in finding a job that compares well to one's current job would make it a no go decision before crime is even considered.

The ones who most obligated to return are those who have gone abroad on those open schols or with state funding.  They have an obligation to fulfill but in the past we have really dropped the ball on attempting to cash in on our investment.  A short stint back home will at least provide an opportunity for the individual to set aside all fears and just deal with the situation and see how they can best adapt.  They may very well find that after a year or more that they are quite comfortable and want to pursue a more meaningful career here...more meaningful because they are helping their own which is something most find absent living abroad or at least very difficult to pursue with smaller numbers making sure they find a way.  Would be kinda cool if it had more young people will that kinda belly.....qualified and with some work experience (1-5 years) is a good time to try home from what I can see....more experience never hurt but then it may be difficult to move given family etc. If people path not here and they need to go no probs...at least the decision is based on experience and not hype (end of the day we know it have real hype on many issues in T&T even with good info all over). 

We also could do a lot better with career fairs hosted abroad to at least let people see what it have.  But realistically we are small and damn Trinis all over the place   :devil:  Probably the internet is the best way to reach everyone and get all the info anyone thinking of returning would need.  Right now I think our online presence for this sorta stuff is average...not great but promising given the trend and where we were before. (CaribbeanJobs.net, bunch of government agencies increasing the amount of info available...eg parliament, Ministry of Legal Affairs).  But as it is now it have a hell of a lot of outside people doing work here and they living here just fine making real $$ and living it up appreciating the advantages of living in a Caribbean country that is relatively well developed and stable.  If they willing to come why not someone who actually feel a lifelong commitment to the place?  At least that way we don't have to outsource so much work.  Of course doh expect to get the same pay as a foreigner even if u in the same situation of having to move from where you currently are....maybe they would but you would have to be damn good at what you do.

Doubt many people care what people decide in the end.  Everybody have their own decisions to make.  Plenty times arguments on these things pop up when people start talking and it then seems as though their reasoning based on garbage or dotishness...inferiority complex or no kinda appreciation for what they got when they were here.  Even then if it is they want to remain blisfully ignorant why argue....unless u can't resist the temptation!

Agree with the rest of your post as well, excellent stuff. It is an interesting thing about the Scholarship funding. I remember when I left for school I had qualifiied for a scholarship but turned it down when the school offered tuition and a stipend. I could have supplemeneted with the scholarship and live nice but I didn't want to have an obligation 5 years in my future. As it turned out I got married before I graduated and the obligation would have made that impossible.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2009, 08:19:07 AM »
Nightmare

From my experience them people you describe there don't exist, if they do it is a ridiculously small minority.

JDB -Agreed....Cosign
Ah say it, how ah see it

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »
Nightmare

JDB -Agreed....Cosign

I agree as well, it is a small group but they are the ones who tend to talk the most and make it appear like the majority share their views.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2009, 11:16:42 AM »

Does it mean our best talent is needed even more or should those here consider leaving based on same ...seems as though it is better for them to leave if given the opportunity?

ent this is the "brain drain"? over 75% of students not returning.

this notion of "our best talent" need to be addressed. when students go abroad to study in the big schools in usa, uk, etc.. don't these countries have a claim on these students as well? after all, it is their schools. study how other countries move - australia, usa, canada to some extent - they AGGRESSIVELY pursue highly skilled immigrants to live in the country, regardless of where they born or even where they got their education. talent have no owner. talent is "value" in the immigration market. by this reasoning, instead of subsidizing the brain drain t&t would do better to take a hard look at their immigration policy and put their money into attracting talent that want to live in t&t regardless of its origin. that is an open society. but t&t doh run so; bobol does rule, talent goes unrecognized and unrewarded. money use to secure votes instead of talent.

how does t&t fare with this basic question: will my children be successful? i see a few forumites already mention that they are successful in t&t. so far no one mention the prospects of the next generation. a comparison of t&t to foreign when it comes to the prospects of the next generation is like "small pond" vs. "big pond". this is why i made the point about the devaluation earlier - that event alone forced people to decide where they going to accumulate their wealth.

for allyuh still in denial about whether crime is a factor, imagining is just peeps in foreign reading the express, check the global competitiveness report. t&t: 130th out of 134 for "business costs of crime and violence", 125th out of 134 for "reliability of police services", 120th out of 134 for "favouritism in decisions of govt officials". "crime and theft", the biggest problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:08:04 PM by ribbit »

1]; } ?>