24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84917 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:34 AM »
Explosion shatters windows of Starbucks
'Low order improvised device' hits NYC coffee shop; no injuries reported

NEW YORK - An explosion shattered the windows of a Starbucks coffee shop in New York City, but no injuries were reported.

Police were trying to determine what type of device caused the blast early Monday morning at the intersection of 92nd Street and Third Avenue on Manhattan's Upper East Side, New York Police Department Lt. Mike Wyosokowski said.

The explosion occurred at around 3:30 a.m., when the coffee shop was closed.

Seven people were evacuated from the building above the store, but all returned home, a Police Commissioner Kelly told NBC affiliate WNBC.

There was “no message, no note, no advanced phone call,” he said, adding that the blast was caused by a “low order improvised device.”

Police swept the area but no other devices were found and the area seemed safe, WNBC reported.

The city has experienced other predawn explosions in recent years at the British and Mexican consulates and at a military recruiting station in Times Square.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
Often times when I talk to peo and I tell them I from trini..they like why you leave?..gov't killing your peo?(Tamil), your country is dirt poor?(the list to long)..aids rampant?(long list)..one child policy?(China)..religious oppression?(long list)...War and ethnic cleansing(Iraq,Europe)...uh should hear these peo horror stories.....we have it nice...(if uh ask me is the very countries they run to that causing Trinidad's "destruction"...BET.MTV,50 CENT,Paris Hilton,doh even talk about their political and economic policies) .it does really get me vex when "trinis" in foreign whine about conditions back home when they have know idea the privileged position they in..... they don't even entertain the idea of going back and contributing to the land of their birth..the same land they "big up" occasionally when the situations suits them...stueps

Exactly. Some of the comments here very shameful.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »
Just out of curiosity.... those calling for foreign based trinis to help, what do you  believe foreign based trinis should be doing to help the country, that the local based can't do for themselves?

And I don't mean like start a business or something like that because we had a discussion going in a next thread about how people don't want to work so immigrants coming to T&T to do the jobs trinis won't do. SO starting a business that may be staffed by immigrants probably won't "help" local trinis at all.  So what exactly are you looking for?

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »
Often times when I talk to peo and I tell them I from trini..they like why you leave?..gov't killing your peo?(Tamil), your country is dirt poor?(the list to long)..aids rampant?(long list)..one child policy?(China)..religious oppression?(long list)...War and ethnic cleansing(Iraq,Europe)...uh should hear these peo horror stories.....we have it nice...(if uh ask me is the very countries they run to that causing Trinidad's "destruction"...BET.MTV,50 CENT,Paris Hilton,doh even talk about their political and economic policies) .it does really get me vex when "trinis" in foreign whine about conditions back home when they have know idea the privileged position they in..... they don't even entertain the idea of going back and contributing to the land of their birth..the same land they "big up" occasionally when the situations suits them...stueps

Exactly. Some of the comments here very shameful.

TNT is Hell on earth all yuh eh get d memo.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2009, 03:58:05 PM »
Are there local trinis looking for help from abroad?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »
Are there local trinis looking for help from abroad?

2 join dem in foreign. Things bad here we all need dat green card.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »
A few questions for de locals.

What is the minimum wage in T&T
Will you consider opening a business in T&T
What is the price of a gallon of gas
How much is a whitelilly milk now
How much for a loaf of bread
How long do you have to save up for if you were buying a cell phone, ipod or a decent car, not old, or not new, but decent.
If given de opportunity to move to the USA, will you consider
What is the cost of a good pair of Puma or Adidas sneakers in T&T
If you have to go to a restaurant with your girl, how much would dinner and drinks cost
How much to go to the cinema now
How much is a doubles
Is renting expensive, what price will a 2 bedroom apartment go for (gererally) and average.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:33:51 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »

What is the minimum wage in T&T 10 an hour. Dahs de last time i checked..could be wrong

Will you consider opening a business in T&T Yeah i would...buh right now...is food places making it mostly.

What is the price of a gallon of gas :Super is 2.70 a litre. So 2.70 TT for 0.26 gallons...so say 10.8 TT for a gallon. Dahs how much US? Premium is 4 a litre...so 16 TT a gallon. Diesel is 1.26 per litre....so 5 dollars TT a gallon.

How much is a whitelilly milk now: Arhmmm....12 to 14 dollars...i loss track since mums start buying de case from pricemart.

How much for a loaf of bread Whole wheat is 11 dollars. White bread is 10.50.

How long do you have to save up for if you were buying a cell phone, ipod or a decent car, not old, or not new, but decent. Wha yuh calling decent..wha yuh salary like etc. car prices depending on local used or wha..could be anywhere from 20 grand to 60 grand at most. Depends on wha you looking for. A metoo cellphone is bout 100 at most. As yuh go up..yuh could still get a decent phone for bout 500. If yuh want to go premium and ting...de cost goes up

If given de opportunity to move to the USA, will you consider. Yeah i would consider....depends on a lot of factors. Depends on wha i going to do..how much i getting paid etc. However i prefer here...less thing to worry bout...weather...children being raised in that society etc.

What is the cost of a good pair of Puma or Adidas sneakers in T&T Me doh study dat...buh...last i checked was bout 4 or 500. Men have skybox and ting..yuh could order and ship down.

If you have to go to a restaurant with your girl, how much would dinner and drinks cost. Depends on wha restaurant. Sauce open air indian delicacies in curepe is 20 dollars for a meal with 3 portions for you...2 for she...and drinks cost depending on wha in de cooler. Buh dahs a normal lime. Resturant....depends on you and she appetite. At least 100....Lets say anywhere from 100 to 600.. could be even more if yuh go behniannas and ting...de cost depends on de poshness of de resturant etc.

How much to go to the cinema now. CC8...22 dollars. 12 on tuesdays. Most other cinemas is like 25 i think...i doh go cinema so. If yuh want to go posh...movie town is bout 40 or 60 or someting so. Doh matter to me cuz i eh goin dey.

How much is a doubles Average of 3 dollars...variance of 1.50 depending on location and vendor. Most places is 4...(as mentioned before.)

Is renting expensive, what price will a 2 bedroom apartment go for (gererally) and average. On the east west corridor..bout 3 grand. Dahs cuz is de east west corridor. South and central might be lil less.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »

What is the minimum wage in T&T 10 an hour. Dahs de last time i checked..could be wrong

Will you consider opening a business in T&T Yeah i would...buh right now...is food places making it mostly.

What is the price of a gallon of gas :Super is 2.70 a litre. So 2.70 TT for 0.26 gallons...so say 10.8 TT for a gallon. Dahs how much US? Premium is 4 a litre...so 16 TT a gallon. Diesel is 1.26 per litre....so 5 dollars TT a gallon.

How much is a whitelilly milk now: Arhmmm....12 to 14 dollars...i loss track since mums start buying de case from pricemart.

How long do you have to save up for if you were buying a cell phone, ipod or a decent car, not old, or not new, but decent. Wha yuh calling decent..wha yuh salary like etc. car prices depending on local used or wha..could be anywhere from 20 grand to 60 grand at most. Depends on wha you looking for. A metoo cellphone is bout 100 at most. As yuh go up..yuh could still get a decent phone for bout 500. If yuh want to go premium and ting...de cost goes up

If given de opportunity to move to the USA, will you consider. Yeah i would consider....depends on a lot of factors. Depends on wha i going to do..how much i getting paid etc. However i prefer here...less thing to worry bout...weather...children being raised in that society etc.

What is the cost of a good pair of Puma or Adidas sneakers in T&T Me doh study dat...buh...last i checked was bout 4 or 500. Men have skybox and ting..yuh could order and ship down.

If you have to go to a restaurant with your girl, how much would dinner and drinks cost. Depends on wha restaurant. Sauce open air indian delicacies in curepe is 20 dollars for a meal with 3 portions for you...2 for she...and drinks cost depending on wha in de cooler. Buh dahs a normal lime. Resturant....depends on you and she appetite. At least 100....Lets say anywhere from 100 to 600.. could be even more if yuh go behniannas and ting...de cost depends on de poshness of de resturant etc.

How much to go to the cinema now. CC8...22 dollars. 12 on tuesdays. Most other cinemas is like 25 i think...i doh go cinema so. If yuh want to go posh...movie town is bout 40 or 60 or someting so. Doh matter to me cuz i eh goin dey.

How much is a doubles Average of 3 dollars...variance of 1.50 depending on location and vendor. Most places is 4...(as mentioned before.)

Is renting expensive, what price will a 2 bedroom apartment go for (gererally) and average. On the east west corridor..bout 3 grand. Dahs cuz is de east west corridor. South and central might be lil less.

SO someone earning minimum wage about $10 hour, working 40 hours a week makes about $400 tt. so 1200tt a month? Because they don't take out taxes or whatever like in the US right?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »

SO someone earning minimum wage about $10 hour, working 40 hours a week makes about $400 tt. so 1200tt a month? Because they don't take out taxes or whatever like in the US right?

I cant say for sure....and i honestly cant remember wha minimum wage is now..or if they have to pay NIS or Health..which i think they would and should. So i cant say. I would say making it on minimum wage go be kinda hard honestly.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2009, 02:18:12 PM »
Yeah I was asking my mom about the SOL there and she said she doesn't know how anyone making minimum survives. She was talking to a young couple, both teachers, renting, and have 1 child and she said that they told her it's a bit of a struggle, living month to month. I was trying to get an idea of what the minimum income would be that i would need to be able to return and survive comfortably so that I could play stay at home mom and have both kiddies go to school there. Keep getting conflicting figures though.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »
Yeah I was asking my mom about the SOL there and she said she doesn't know how anyone making minimum survives. She was talking to a young couple, both teachers, renting, and have 1 child and she said that they told her it's a bit of a struggle, living month to month. I was trying to get an idea of what the minimum income would be that i would need to be able to return and survive comfortably so that I could play stay at home mom and have both kiddies go to school there. Keep getting conflicting figures though.

Minimum wage is 10$. If u wukin 4 under 60k u pay no income tax. So is on NIS and HSC. The most expensive ting in TNT is rent. Peeps payin more rent than I in morgage. MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS X2

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »
The most expensive ting in TNT is rent. Peeps payin more rent than I in morgage. MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS X2

an still dat is more in d north and west in south my neighbor $700 for 3 beds, a living room, kitchen, 2 baths rooms and a gallery, but handle all utilities maybe except water ???
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »
Wha d hell wrong with some ah Allyuh...

Allyuh crying down we blasted country....

Dont be Brainwashed by others SO CALLED TRINI's who wouldnt set foot on we home soil but quick to point out how bad d country is

I have travelled and lived in many areas of this world and I will tell you from personal experiences we have such a RICH CULTURE at home that others wish they had it as good as we...

Aye lots of good things happening in TNT....Free education, free health care, social development programs, awarding of scholarships, more housing for people....

Our downfalls may be lackadaisical attitudes, procrastination, doe study it mentality....but at d end of d day...it goe get done... TOO MUCH IRRESPONSIBLE MEDIA COVERAGE..from so called journalist who hone there skills in A levels in GP and calling demself journalist....

Omarldinho....great post.... Ask NOT what your country can do for you...but what you can do to make it better....

Speak proudly of TNT.....or else hold on to your new FAKED IDENTITY....but remember at d end of d day...yuh still ah TRINI at heart....doe left dem people change yuh......

All dem free ting and yuh still is ah UNC?  steupse

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2009, 10:46:55 PM »
The most expensive ting in TNT is rent. Peeps payin more rent than I in morgage. MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS X2

an still dat is more in d north and west in south my neighbor $700 for 3 beds, a living room, kitchen, 2 baths rooms and a gallery, but handle all utilities maybe except water ???

How long he livin dey nuff yrs. I am sure. I was living Freeport d rent was 1000 when I move it is now 2400. Freeport in St. Mary's not Bahamas. What she do to jack up d rent paint and fix d cupboards and d oors dat she never fix for d 14 yrs I live there.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2009, 05:31:38 AM »

How long he livin dey nuff yrs. I am sure. I was living Freeport d rent was 1000 when I move it is now 2400. Freeport in St. Mary's not Bahamas. What she do to jack up d rent paint and fix d cupboards and d oors dat she never fix for d 14 yrs I live there.

d present tenant um maybe 5yrs, d one before dat 6 or there about, dat house renovate an' rentin since I was 20-21, an it start at $600, wont be surprised it is bit more dan 700 I quoted dis year but I doubt you'll see any crazy 150% percent rise an d owner is ah expat to boot livin over in d states real yrs, I surprise she never ketch AMT(American Money Tustiness)
I pity the fool....

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2009, 06:07:53 AM »

nobody in trini making $10 an hour.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2009, 06:51:14 AM »

please elaborate?
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2009, 06:58:06 AM »

please elaborate?

Cosign. How much dem clerk in dem stores makin less is a possibility.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »

please elaborate?

well skimming through the classifieds of an old Express my grams brought up last time she visit (bout 3 months ago) I see lefty is right.  Salaries seem to start at 12.50 per hour for jobs like security and clerks and drivers. So I will revise my estimates. 12.50 @ 40 hours = $500tt so 2k tt a month?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »

please elaborate?

well skimming through the classifieds of an old Express my grams brought up last time she visit (bout 3 months ago) I see lefty is right.  Salaries seem to start at 12.50 per hour for jobs like security and clerks and drivers. So I will revise my estimates. 12.50 @ 40 hours = $500tt so 2k tt a month?

Dem is d good employer dey payin more than d minimum wage.

truetrini

« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
I always thought the min wage was 9TT???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »
I always thought the min wage was 9TT???

Imagine de minimum wage in Kansas is $2.65  ???. Dey say dey go raise it tuh $7.25 next year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »
Kansas’ minimum wage to change from $2.65 to $7.25 on Jan. 1

By Scott Rothschild

April 23, 2009

Topeka — The lowest state minimum wage in the country is about to become history.

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius on Thursday signed into law a bill that on Jan. 1 will increase the Kansas state minimum wage of $2.65 per hour to the federal minimum wage, which will be $7.25 per hour.

Calling the increase long overdue, Sebelius added, “While the state minimum wage only applies to a small sector of Kansas’ work force, to them and their families, this legislation is critically important.

“Our economy must return to its core principle that an honest day’s work brings home an honest day’s pay, and today we’re taking a step in that direction.”

Democrats have long fought for an increase in the state minimum wage, but had been stymied by the Kansas Chamber and Republicans, who control the Legislature.

This year, however, several Republican legislators said they were tired of being criticized for the $2.65 per hour minimum and pushed, along with Democrats and fair-wage advocates, for the increase.

House Democratic Leader Paul Davis of Lawrence said the increase was needed to help families and the economy.

“If we want to recover from these difficult times and help Kansans move themselves out of poverty, we must start by guaranteeing a wage that dignifies work,” Davis said.

State Sen. Marci Francisco, D-Lawrence, was a sponsor of the bill calling for an increase.

Labor officials said about 19,000 Kansans were making below the federal minimum wage. Companies that have less than $500,000 a year in annual revenue and don’t engage in interstate commerce are exempt from the federal level.

The $2.65 per hour Kansas state minimum wage is the lowest of 45 states that have a state minimum and hasn’t been increased since 1988.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »

Bourbon you will open a business in T&T and risk getting kidnapp, rob or beaten badly...

Steups....

Right now in T&T I am sure any business men wish they could close up shop as they always have to watch their backs and cant engoy they money without some bandit lurking.

The government not doing anything to protect the businesses in T&T and it will have problems down the road if this continues.

Even bank tellers revealing to kidnappers how much money you have in the bank. And Police turning the other cheek.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »

Bourbon you will open a business in T&T and risk getting kidnapp, rob or beaten badly...

Steups....

Right now in T&T I am sure any business men wish they could close up shop as they always have to watch their backs and cant engoy they money without some bandit lurking.

The government not doing anything to protect the businesses in T&T and it will have problems down the road if this continues.

Even bank tellers revealing to kidnappers how much money you have in the bank. And Police turning the other cheek.

Dey eh goin a place because of dey super abnormal profits dey makin. D money dey usin 2 rip we of go higher personal security.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »
weary1969, de difference is, they not putting a gun by your head to buy from them. Its your choice. They also create employment, so its a cycle.

truetrini

« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »
weary1969, de difference is, they not putting a gun by your head to buy from them. Its your choice. They also create employment, so its a cycle.

so who and where yuh go buy from?

steups...dais wha de government need to protect de population from...dem rip off businesses down dey.

Dem business people eh want to close up shop and leave at all at all..dais ole talk, life too sweet in sweet t&t, STILL ONE AH DE SWEETEST PLACES IN DE entire world!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »

steups...dais wha de government need to protect de population from...dem rip off businesses down dey.

Dem business people eh want to close up shop and leave at all at all..dais ole talk, life too sweet in sweet t&t, STILL ONE AH DE SWEETEST PLACES IN DE entire world!

Dem buzinessmen who inspire d phrase NAHHHHHHH LEAVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »

So one business rob you and all should pay...

That makes sence, no wonder you guys still live in T&T, allyuh mentality real poor.

It have good and bad in everything, I am sure it have good businesses in T&T and its always the good one who gets the worst part of the stick.

1]; } ?>