24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84892 times)

truetrini

Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2009, 10:12:55 AM »
weary1969, de difference is, they not putting a gun by your head to buy from them. Its your choice. They also create employment, so its a cycle.

so who and where yuh go buy from?

steups...dais wha de government need to protect de population from...dem rip off businesses down dey.

Dem business people eh want to close up shop and leave at all at all..dais ole talk, life too sweet in sweet t&t, STILL ONE AH DE SWEETEST PLACES IN DE entire world!

So one business rob you and all should pay...

That makes sence, no wonder you guys still live in T&T, allyuh mentality real poor.

It have good and bad in everything, I am sure it have good businesses in T&T and its always the good one who gets the worst part of the stick.

Explain yuh post nah, I have aa bad trini mentality and eh understand wha de f**k yuh trying to say?

ne business?  Fella yuh facking clueless troinidad full ah crooked business men and MOST ah dem robbing de people blind, de Banks is de first big tief!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2009, 10:58:19 AM »
Ok Trinity Cross, give we your solution ? Rob and kidnap all the business people, right ? because they forcing you to buy from them.

Them time will come boss, that is what I mean, the people in T&T have to stand up for their rights and do something, but not be happy business people get rob or kidnap. Violence is not the answer. Blame your government.

Answer me this, Is all businesses robbing the people ?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »
Trinity Cross,
Can you explain yuh statement that banks are big crooks?  I am curious to see if we on the same page.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »
i vote me. to me it ent make sense waiting for tings to change, the trinis who have lived abroad usually are able to pinpoint what the failings in tnt are and i feel we are the ones with the power to effect change. 

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
So Sando...yuh at risk of getting yuh computer getting a virus everytime yuh use de internet.....dah cause yuh to not use it or yuh just does take proper precautions when yuh using it?

My mother has a buisness and i help out in it. Nothing big.....just a shop that sells teaching aids and supplies for teachers. So....it eh any and everybody who would know bout it..or patronise it. Even when customers do come.....since it right by our house....we just open up....let them in...lock the door. Street sense and common sense very useful here. Same with the other small shop my father and I had.....it eh somewhere that would be frequented daily....but still yuh using common sense.

It have a 24hrs grocery that open up arouca.....doors cant open unless a button is pressed by the person behind the counter...both to enter and leave. Sounds a bit risky...but.....it making any robbery a bit harder.

The threat of being robbed is real anywhere in the world. Is just for you to be aware and not make stupid decisions. I personally doh worry too much bout being a victim of a crime..because...I trust God...if yuh eh ready to die..den why should you live. I personally know i not fighting up with any bandit.....let dem take de little i have...i doh move around with much cash...if yuh want my phone..no scene...if is not too much trouble could i get de sim card please. Dahs how i dropping it...is jus posessions.....my life eh worth it. Heaven forbid the life of one of my family members or friends in danger or rape threatened or something...then the reaction would be different. But...again..i try to minimse risk. I try to be aware of my surroundings.....not be in certain places at certain times..when i do...my phone on silent and i careful when and where i pulling it out to answer it. My brethrin went to the point he have a pocket attached to the inside of his pocket dat goin inbetween his leg..and he hides his phone there. Take steps to protect yuhself...primarily by not putting yourself at risk.

Trinity Cross,
Can you explain yuh statement that banks are big crooks?  I am curious to see if we on the same page.

Yeah banks are big crooks. One example..one time my father had to wire a grand US abroad....direct to an account to pay for something. When he went to the bank..they said they couldnt just send it...he had to sell them the money at 6 tt per 1 us....and buy it back at 6.3 tt to send it. He start to make noise...buh dahs jus one example. My mother constantly hadda be calling de bank cuz of madness dey doin..and since de average trini doh read and check up...dey could get dey eyes dig out. Buisnesses too. It happens in so many ways.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
Ok Trinity Cross, give we your solution ? Rob and kidnap all the business people, right ? because they forcing you to buy from them.

Them time will come boss, that is what I mean, the people in T&T have to stand up for their rights and do something, but not be happy business people get rob or kidnap. Violence is not the answer. Blame your government.

Answer me this, Is all businesses robbing the people ?

fella yuh is ah idiot ot wha?  How do you conclude that I endorse robbing and kidnapping?

steups..I done with you yes..take win.

truetrini

« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2009, 10:16:19 PM »
Trinity Cross,

They charge you thru the teeth and yuh eh have no choice really as dey all get together to formulate fees!  Is  anti trust dem on, secondly imagine taking ah loan for ah house for 30 years,a nd yuh decide to pay it off in 20 is BIG penalty in yuh pweffen dem want you to be in debt forever...dey ridiculous...dere is a lot more shit dey soing without regulations.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
Trinity Cross,

They charge you thru the teeth and yuh eh have no choice really as dey all get together to formulate fees!  Is  anti trust dem on, secondly imagine taking ah loan for ah house for 30 years,a nd yuh decide to pay it off in 20 is BIG penalty in yuh pweffen dem want you to be in debt forever...dey ridiculous...dere is a lot more shit dey soing without regulations.

Ah ask a fren in the legal fraternity about it , he say it simple, doh buy it if yuh doh want it, meaning it is in the agreement and yuh have no legal recourse and he went further on to say the reason why we would not have anti trust laws and monopoly laws is because as soon as man get in the position to fix it they get honorary membership in the money so to speak. Morris Marshall death really fook we up.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2009, 06:04:37 AM »
Murder toll hits 222
By RHONDOR DOWLAT (Newsday).

THE MURDER toll rose to 222 yesterday with two murders in the La Horquetta and Laventille area. One of the victims was a 15-year-old schoolboy.

The first incident, according to a police report, occurred at about 9 pm at Eric James Avenue, Phase Three, La Horquetta. Police said CEPEP worker, Denzil Paria was playing cards with some friends two houses away from where he lived when gunmen approached him and opened fire. Paria was taken to the Arima District Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Police are yet to determine a motive for the killing.

The second incident occurred at about 10.30 pm at Upper Espinet Street in Laventille.

Police said 15-year-old Belford Stapleton was shot three times in the yard of his home. Police are also yet to determine a motive for that killing.

Speaking with Sunday Newsday yesterday, Stapleton’s father, Grafton Williams, 68, said that he and his son were out and had just entered the gate together when his son said that he heard someone’s voice at the side of the house.

Williams said that his son left him standing on the steps of the house and went to check.

He added that within seconds he heard his son talking to someone, “So I went inside because I tell myself that he (Stapleton) might have known the person because they were talking. I went to the bathroom and after awhile I called out to Belford but I did not hear him answer.

“After a while I heard three gunshots but it did not seem to sound like by my house. It sounded far away so I did not take it on.

“I then left to go to a neighbour’s house and that was when his brother and two friends came by and asked for him. I told them that he was talking to someone at the side of the house and I am sure that he did not go out the gate.

“His brother and friends decided to go look for him. After a few minutes I heard my son scream out ‘Oh God, they kill my brother’. I was shocked to see that Belford was dead,” Williams said.

He claimed that his son, who was pursuing carpentry at Servol, was not involved in any gang activities, “I am asking myself the question as to why someone would want to kill my son. There is no possible reason I can think of. My son and I, we were like best friends. He slept with me and we often sat and chat with each other. He never left my side,” he added.

Investigations are continuing.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2009, 08:16:35 AM »
Trinity Cross,

Trinity Cross that is everywhere in the world.  Banking is a business, people don't open these banks to lose money, take it or leave it.  But I understand what you mean but i guess that is why they say the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

truetrini

« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2009, 09:11:01 AM »
Trinity Cross,

Trinity Cross that is everywhere in the world.  Banking is a business, people don't open these banks to lose money, take it or leave it.  But I understand what you mean but i guess that is why they say the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

No it is not the same all over the world, certain home loans do have re-payment penalities but it is never as bad as home, and after a 2  or 3 year period the penalty goeas away, NOT SO IN T&T..is fuh de life ah de damn loan..dat is facking BS>

Besides T&T needs regulation to prevent this shit...no one says banks should not make a profit, dais why dey does lend on interest, is de way amount dey squeezing out ah yuh.

de take it or leave it talk is bull shit too, Jack warner used de same talk...like yuh forget?

when people want tuh buy ah house unless dey have de whole amount cash..wha dey go do?

steups, or need a credit card for travel etc.? 

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »
banks and business makin too much?  steups. that is de typical "something for nothing" mentality.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2009, 04:35:41 PM »
banks and business makin too much?  steups. that is de typical "something for nothing" mentality.

LOUDESTTTTTTTTTTT OF STEUPSSSSSSSSS. U go POS with a cheque from d sando branch and dey want to charge u $15 4 a phone call. When I was in Mona they used to check d signature from TNT 4 FREEEEEEEE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Trinity Cross,

Never thought I would see the day but.............. Trinity I agree with you. My father had a loan with Republic for his house. A 20 year thing. He take early retirement and get a nice lump sum and decide he want to clear up every thing he have loan wise. He say when he walk into there and tell them what he doing, the lady start to tell him he can't do that because the loan still have 11 years on it. He tell her call a manager. Manager start to give him a set of talk and hem and haw and blah blah they have to charge penalties. My father say fine, work out the penalties. He had bout 250K left on the loan and by the time they add on penalty, the final thing come out to nearly 500k. My father tell them what kinda nonsense is this the penalties coming up to as much as the balance, they tell him he more than welcome to keep the original loan but while he there they need to go over the interest rate because the person who did the  loan way back when made a mistake and charge him too low. It take them nine years to realise the interest rate too low. He say he look at the manager and he tell him pull up his account and read the nice big  figure in it. Manager do so and tune change "Oh we could work with you blah blah" He tell the manager no, take out the 500k for the loan and then make a cashiers check for the rest. Manager say what. Father tell him this is the last day I ever do business with republic, and he take his money and he gone.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
Trinity Cross,

Never thought I would see the day but.............. Trinity I agree with you. My father had a loan with Republic for his house. A 20 year thing. He take early retirement and get a nice lump sum and decide he want to clear up every thing he have loan wise. He say when he walk into there and tell them what he doing, the lady start to tell him he can't do that because the loan still have 11 years on it. He tell her call a manager. Manager start to give him a set of talk and hem and haw and blah blah they have to charge penalties. My father say fine, work out the penalties. He had bout 250K left on the loan and by the time they add on penalty, the final thing come out to nearly 500k. My father tell them what kinda nonsense is this the penalties coming up to as much as the balance, they tell him he more than welcome to keep the original loan but while he there they need to go over the interest rate because the person who did the  loan way back when made a mistake and charge him too low. It take them nine years to realise the interest rate too low. He say he look at the manager and he tell him pull up his account and read the nice big  figure in it. Manager do so and tune change "Oh we could work with you blah blah" He tell the manager no, take out the 500k for the loan and then make a cashiers check for the rest. Manager say what. Father tell him this is the last day I ever do business with republic, and he take his money and he gone.

Did not expect him 2 take their bluff. Good 4 dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2009, 07:47:20 PM »
I read ah article recently where dey say banks in de US attribute 70% of dey revenues to fees, so i eh expect trinidad to be any different.

i know in de US it depends on de terms and conditions of the mortgage whether or not u have ah penalty for paying it early while i tink in trinidad once u pay early u have to pay ah penalty.

my issue with banks besides the fees (nothing wrong with fees excepot when dey set yuh up to pay fees) is their inability to really focus on the customer.  It is all about the bottomline to dem, i know no one starts a business to fail and profit is the objective but at the same time bullying ppl is wrong.

I bank with endless banks in my time, scotia, republic and royal and dey are all full of shit.  De only time yuh have a lil leverage is if yuh have plenty money and threaten to take it elsewhere den dey does suddenly become helpful.

As for me, i know nuff ppl at Republic because mih brother use to work dey so I does get de link up otherwise it would be real pressure dealing with dey bullshit.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »
T&T sweet fuh so but seriously, do you really have an idea how many business people had to leave our shores for the safety of themselves and their families.  The reward for going to school and beating book is to live in fear of some youths who into perpetual liming and time wasting.  Something not right there.  Until dat obstacle is removed, it doh have no going back and lending ah helping hand to yuh birth land.  Wise investments doh include no loyalties.  I went to Saints so I know plenty from de brain drain who have been directly affected by de crime scene.  Some were killed because de family could not come up with a full ransom.  Dis going on long time now.  Is jes that it getting worse.  Those who own ah bizness know what I talking about.  Those who do not take financial risks and prefer to work all thier lives for other peeps remain unaffected.  Their worry is whether to jump in PH car or not and dat is a whole other story.  Ah jes telling yuh, bizness people under real pressure back home.  Going to the bank alone is like an episode of Survivor.  All de beach, carnival, pan, soca, rum, fete, bumsee, wining, doubles, roti, pelau, bake & shark and whaever else we does indulge in cyah remove dat fear.  It does affect people sleep.  Try sleeping with one eye open all de time.  De idea dat it have natural stress jes by being in North America or Europe is fallacious.  It have stress everywhere unless yuh lacking some blasted ambition and...NO...holding down ah lil work jes to pay bills is not ambition.  In dat case, yuh better off going home.

truetrini

« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
T&T sweet fuh so but seriously, do you really have an idea how many business people had to leave our shores for the safety of themselves and their families.  The reward for going to school and beating book is to live in fear of some youths who into perpetual liming and time wasting.  Something not right there.  Until dat obstacle is removed, it doh have no going back and lending ah helping hand to yuh birth land.  Wise investments doh include no loyalties.  I went to Saints so I know plenty from de brain drain who have been directly affected by de crime scene.  Some were killed because de family could not come up with a full ransom.  Dis going on long time now.  Is jes that it getting worse.  Those who own ah bizness know what I talking about.  Those who do not take financial risks and prefer to work all thier lives for other peeps remain unaffected.  Their worry is whether to jump in PH car or not and dat is a whole other story.  Ah jes telling yuh, bizness people under real pressure back home.  Going to the bank alone is like an episode of Survivor.  All de beach, carnival, pan, soca, rum, fete, bumsee, wining, doubles, roti, pelau, bake & shark and whaever else we does indulge in cyah remove dat fear.  It does affect people sleep.  Try sleeping with one eye open all de time.  De idea dat it have natural stress jes by being in North America or Europe is fallacious.  It have stress everywhere unless yuh lacking some blasted ambition and...NO...holding down ah lil work jes to pay bills is not ambition. 

unless yuh doing wrong, yuh eh sleeping with one eye open at all...stop dat

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2009, 03:01:40 PM »
Shooting leaves 1 soldier dead, 1 hurt at Arkansas centerStory Highlights

(CNN) -- A U.S. soldier was killed and a second was wounded Monday in an apparent drive-by shooting at a recruiting center in Little Rock, Arkansas, police said.

Paramedics transport a soldier on a gurney Monday after an apparent drive-by shooting in Little Rock, Arkansas.

The second soldier's injuries were not life-threatening, said police Lt. Terry Hastings.

Authorities were notified about 10:19 a.m. (11:19 a.m. ET) about a shooting at the Army/Navy Career Center, Hastings said. Arriving officers found the two soldiers had been shot.

The soldiers were part of a recruiting program called "hometown recruiting assistance," said Lt. Col. Thomas F. Artis, commander of the Oklahoma recruiting battalion that oversees the Little Rock recruiting center. Under the program, recruiters have the soldiers tell their stories to potential recruits. It's a volunteer position taken while soldiers are visiting or based back in their home region, Artis said.

The two victims were just out of basic training, he said, and had not been deployed.

Police believe a man in a black SUV drove by and fired on the soldiers as they were standing outside, Hastings said.

A suspect was arrested after officers saw a vehicle matching the description on a nearby interstate and pulled it over.  Watch police walk with handcuffed arrestee »

Authorities searched the vehicle and found an assault rifle, Hastings said. A bomb squad was called in, as police were concerned about two bags in the vehicle, but no explosives were found, he said.

The FBI has opened an investigation into the incident, said Steven Frazier, spokesman for the agency's Little Rock office. "Based on what we find, we will determine whether there is any federal jurisdiction to prosecute," he said.

Police are trying to determine a motive in the shooting, Hastings said.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »
School in Lowell closes due to budgetary problems

LOWELL, Mass -- At the end of the current school year, the Rogers Middle School will close its doors for the final time.

The school's closing represents the latest victim of the country's economic emergency. 575 students will be displaced.

"When (my daughter) found out, she was crying because there's a couple teachers she loves," said parent Mark White. "The way they're trying to save money, there's other things they can do."

Superintendent Chris Scott said the district was forced to close the school because of a $9.5 million budget deficit. Rogers is the Lowell's biggest middle school. The shutdown is expected to save $3.3 million in operating costs.

Once classes end at the start of summer, the building will become the new home to the school district's office, adult education classes, and an adult literacy center. The moves are projected to save the city nearly $1 million in rent per year.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »
Elan it has been acknowledged that it have crime everywhere, not just in trinidad. And the thread is about "would youreturn home" not "wow another crime in the US" In spite of the recent bombing attempt (which could have been a disgruntled ex employee)  I still going starbucks for my iced mocha latte. The population of the US is much larger than T&T so I expect a certain amount of crime to come out of many states in the US. I don't expect as much "reported crime as I see in the TT media" And you could say that the media is being sensationalist but at least we are hearing about the crimes taking place. I also expect a quick response when I call 911 for whatever reason, be it a drunk idiot singing in the street at 3am or a bunch of teenagers breaking into the abandoned house next to me. I know that T&T has changed in the past several years, but I remember when police couldn't come to "investigate" because the one  car at the station shut down. They just close 2 schools in the county I live in and consolidating the student body between the remaining 10. Is a sign of the times, the states running out of money and you have to see belts tighten everywhere. GM file for bankrupcy.  Obama take his lady out for movie night at the taxpayer's expense. Now you need a passport to go to canada and mexico. They kill an abortion doctor a few days ago. There is a missing french  jet that probably went down somewhere over the atlantic, The taliban still kidnapping people left right and center. North Korea testing missiles.....

Oh yeah and here  are some headlines from Today's Express.

Screams on cellphone
What happened to Kelly?
Gyasi Gonzales ggonzales@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, June 1st 2009

Kelly and her son

WHAT happened to Kelly Samaroo-Bradshaw between last Thursday night and Friday morning?

This is all her family would like to know now.

She died at the Port of Spain General Hospital's Intensive Care Unit on Friday at 4 p.m.

The 18-year-old lived with her parents at Persad Lane, which is off St Lucien Road in Diego Martin, and she was the mother of an eight-month-old baby. She was also self- employed.

According to Kit Samaroo, Kelly's Samaroo's father, his daughter had hired a car to take her to Beetham Gardens the last time they saw her alive.

He continued: "When she reach her destination (around 1.30 a.m. Friday morning)...I eh know if it's a gunshot they heard. She tell the driver, drop meh here but the driver reverse back and drag she".

He said they heard her screaming over the phone but were unsure exactly what was transpiring at that time.

"I don't know if the driver either put she out or kick she out," he said.

He said when he visited her at the hospital she had a number of severe bruises to her face.

He said some Beetham Gardens residents eventually found her unconscious, scrolled through her cell-phone, got the phone number of her parents and called them.

They also called the Emergency Medical Services, who took her to the hospital.

The dead woman's sister, Ashley Samaroo, said, "I want somebody come forward and really tell us what happened to my sister. This is something real devastating."

The young woman also explained that her sister had a "misunderstanding" with her husband sometime last week and decided that she would lime with her best friend (name called) at a nightclub in Curepe on Thursday night.

"The driver not coming forward to tell us what happened. He just hiding. We need to get some justice for this...I mean, you drop off a passenger and the girl was bawling," she said.

Officers from the Besson Street Police Station are continuing investigations into the teenager's death.

One officer said yesterday that they were working on theories but could not divulge more because of the sensitive nature of the case.

Maraval man gunned down
Monday, June 1st 2009

A Maraval man was shot dead on Saturday night and police believe his murder was either a case of mistaken identity or that someone wanted to send a message to the people he knew.

The victim was identified as Junior Sandyford, who lived with his relatives at Monticello Drive, Le Platte Village, Maraval.

According to the police, just after 8 p.m. Sandyford, 46, was sitting on a bridge near the corner of Maraval Road and Morne Coco Road, obliquely opposite a playing field, when a man walked up to him and opened fire. The killer then fled.

Someone saw Sandyford lying on the road and took him to the Port of Spain General Hospital, where he died on arrival.

The Express visited his relatives yesterday afternoon in Maraval. They were polite but firm in their refusal to be interviewed, with the exception of one relative. He described Sandyford as an easy-going fellow but said that he did not know why he was killed.

According to his step-father, who did not want his name mentioned, Sandyford returned from the United States just under two years ago.

He was about to tell reporters a little more about Sandyford when his relatives objected.

Homicide Bureau officers said he was known to them but only for minor crimes. Investigations are continuing. - GG

Body at old gas station: murder not ruled out
Monday, June 1st 2009

POLICE believe a man, who was found dead in a now defunct gas station off the Eastern Main Road in Petit Bourg, may have fallen, hit his head and died yesterday. Richard Wilson, 53, was found in a back room of the building around 7.30 a.m.

However, up to last night, the officers had not yet ruled out murder because of the amount of blood found at the scene. A postmortem to determine the cause of this death is scheduled for today.

From all reports, Wilson lived at the station, which is now being used as a car-wash centre. The building is also used as an office for the People's National Movement (PNM) during election time.

According to a good friend of his, Wilson began working at the car-wash about three months ago as a night watchman. He was last seen on Saturday evening, when he and some friends went with liming.

Yesterday morning, one of his friends/co-workers, who only wanted to be identified as "Panday", arrived at the station but did not see Wilson. Both he and another co-worker began checking the building and found his body in a back-room/office.

He was in a sitting position with his back against a wall. Blood was seen coming from his nose and there was also dried blood on the floor.

"He is a not a violent person," said Panday.

"It hurts my heart about what happened, he works with me. I hope that this is a case of sickness (death by natural causes) and not violence."

Wilson's sister was on the scene yesterday but offered no comment to the media. Homicide Bureau officers are continuing investigations. - GG

Passengers stranded
Frustration at port...
Rickie Ramdass rramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, June 1st 2009

HIGH AND DRY: Stranded passenger Marjorie Phillip shows the ticket stub which was torn by officials of the T&T Spirit to go to Tobago. - Photo: ANISTO ALVES

FRUSTRATIONS were high and tempers flared at the Port of Port of Spain yesterday evening, as some 200 passengers who were to make their way onto the T&T Spirit to sail to Tobago were left stranded.

Six of those who were made to stand and watch their belongings sail away on the ship without the assurance of it being returned safely, were visitors from London, England.

Some passengers blamed the situation on bad management, while others said it was the Government that "rented space" on the T&T Spirit to transport passengers from Tobago to Trinidad to attend yesterday's PNM Sports and Family Day at the Eddie Hart Grounds in Tacarigua. -See Page 5. Those who attended the event were then given first preference to board the boat in order to return home, while normal "John Public passengers", many of whom had purchased their tickets months in advance, were denied access.

When the Express visited the port, the gates were locked and no one was allowed to enter the terminal.

Majorie Phillip, one of the affected passengers, said, "I have nowhere to stay. I gave up my hotel keys. I have no money, not even for dinner tonight.

"They tear my ticket and now I can't go on the boat? The problem is bad management. My question is why tear the ticket if they know we can't get on the boat?"

Jane Henderson, one of the visitors from London, said she came to Trinidad with five of her friends for a wedding, but the experience was a very displeasing one. Everything was just unorganised, she added.

"I saw our belongings go onto the boat, and a someone inside told me that it may be returned tomorrow morning but he is not certain," Henderson told the Express.

Aliicja Suska, also from London, said, "This is a critical mess. With a situation like this how are we going to recommend our families to visit Trinidad? Trinidad is losing tourism."

But officials at the port said the passengers were just blowing the entire situation out of proportion. They blamed the situation on a lack of life jackets on board the ship.

"There are not enough life jackets on the ship to accommodate the passengers," an official said.

They assured that those who were affected would be repaid their money. When asked about the accusation by some of the passengers about spots being bought for the PNM members, the official, who asked to not be identified, said she did not wish to commen
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
T&T sweet fuh so but seriously, do you really have an idea how many business people had to leave our shores for the safety of themselves and their families.  The reward for going to school and beating book is to live in fear of some youths who into perpetual liming and time wasting.  Something not right there.  Until dat obstacle is removed, it doh have no going back and lending ah helping hand to yuh birth land.  Wise investments doh include no loyalties.  I went to Saints so I know plenty from de brain drain who have been directly affected by de crime scene.  Some were killed because de family could not come up with a full ransom.  Dis going on long time now.  Is jes that it getting worse.  Those who own ah bizness know what I talking about.  Those who do not take financial risks and prefer to work all thier lives for other peeps remain unaffected.  Their worry is whether to jump in PH car or not and dat is a whole other story.  Ah jes telling yuh, bizness people under real pressure back home.  Going to the bank alone is like an episode of Survivor.  All de beach, carnival, pan, soca, rum, fete, bumsee, wining, doubles, roti, pelau, bake & shark and whaever else we does indulge in cyah remove dat fear.  It does affect people sleep.  Try sleeping with one eye open all de time.  De idea dat it have natural stress jes by being in North America or Europe is fallacious.  It have stress everywhere unless yuh lacking some blasted ambition and...NO...holding down ah lil work jes to pay bills is not ambition.  In dat case, yuh better off going home.

Yuh cyah get more lucid that these comments.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2009, 07:35:47 AM »
What didn't surprise me was the fact that during the Summit of the Americas not one murder or crime was committed. I know the country was on lock down with added arm force.

But it was relieving to see that we finally had some good police who was actually doing their jobs and showed the local police a thing or two.

Or....

Maybe, Patrick Manning called his people who normally do crime and ask them to behave until the Summit was over.

I know, we can do better and its always the wrong people getting kidnapp, rob or killed.

To much corruptions in T&T....

RIP Kwasi Hyland.

Who's next !!!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:47 AM »

RIP Kwasi Hyland.

Who's next !!!!!

Hyland's mother, Carol told C News that her deceased son had several matters in court.

I didnt want to be callous....especially given the fact that there was a life lost. But......it have a strong possibility that this was kinda related to his lifestyle. I making an assumption eh...I doh know de man personally. But...given the information coming to hand....it eh like this was as a result of a random robbery...or some hard luck ting. Buh....it have many sides to a story..and many point of views.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2009, 09:36:54 AM »
What didn't surprise me was the fact that during the Summit of the Americas not one murder or crime was committed. I know the country was on lock down with added arm force.

But it was relieving to see that we finally had some good police who was actually doing their jobs and showed the local police a thing or two.

Or....

Maybe, Patrick Manning called his people who normally do crime and ask them to behave until the Summit was over.

I know, we can do better and its always the wrong people getting kidnapp, rob or killed.

RIP Kwasi Hyland.

Who's next !!!!!

YOU IS AH KA-KA OLE OR What?  wHAT GOOD POLICE SHOWING TWE WHAT TO DO?  Steups!

Wheel and come again.  If MAnning was to declare state ah emergeny and allyuh cyar fete is riots and overthrow ting in de government ass.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2009, 05:00:36 AM »

Or....

RIP Kwasi Hyland.

Who's next !!!!!

Wheel and come again.  If MAnning was to declare state ah emergeny and allyuh cyar fete is riots and overthrow ting in de government ass.

I thought yuh done with me ?

FYI, I dont fete !!!!! they could ban Carnival for all I care...

And I stand by what I said, no crime during the Summit, why ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2009, 05:14:45 AM »

Or....

RIP Kwasi Hyland.

Who's next !!!!!

I thought yuh done with me ?

FYI, I dont fete !!!!! they could ban Carnival for all I care...

And I stand by what I said, no crime during the Summit, why ?

To say there was no crime during the summit is not entirely true....you could say there was a greater (and that relative eh) police/Army present almost everywhere in the days leading up and during the summit...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »
Missing mom found dead
By CECILY ASSON (NEWSDAY).

THE BADLY decomposed body of mother of four Gail Joseph was found yesterday floating among thick mangrove in the Manzanilla River, three days after she went missing. Joseph’s daughter Daniella Boysie wept uncontrollably moments after positively identifying her mother’s body.

But while Joseph’s grieving family will try to put closure to this tragedy now that the body has been found, questions abound as to how Joseph met her death.

Police sources confirmed that a 37-year-old Belmont man, questioned and later released hours after Joseph went missing last Sunday, was re-arrested and is assisting them in their investigation.

Police said they are investigating reports that Joseph met a man on the popular social/dating internet site “Tagged” days before she went missing.

Forestry Division officials and police officers were in a boat searching for Joseph’s body along the Manzanilla River when they picked up a foul stench and later spotted her among the mangrove. It was about 10.30 am. Divers were called in and the body, clad in a black and red swimsuit, was retrieved.

The body was found about a mile away from the spot along Manzanilla Beach where she disappeared on Sunday at about 8 pm, while liming with a man. Following her disappearance, soldiers, police with sniffer dogs, Coast Guard officers and police in helicopters searched the land, sea and from the air for her.

It was reported that Joseph was last seen alive by her daughter Daniella on Sunday when she left their Mary Street, Siparia home. It is believed that she picked up a man from Belmont and then headed to Manzanilla for a day of relaxation on the beach. This man later told police that she left him to head to her car to get something but never returned. Joseph worked as the office manager at the law firm of Girwar and Deonarine on Court Street in San Fernando.

Daniella, her sister Terry and other relatives spent several tense minutes waiting while the divers and Forestry Division officials brought the body to land. Their wait ended in tears when Daniella confirmed the swollen body that was fished out of the river, was Joseph.

The District Medical Officer advised Homicide Investigations Bureau detectives, led by ASP Johnnie Abraham and Insp Stanley Ramdeen, that because of the advanced stage of decomposition, it could not be ascertained from a visual inspection if Joseph’s death was the result of foul play. The body was later removed to the Forensic Science Centre in St James where an autopsy will be carried out today.

A relative, who asked not to be named, told Newsday that Joseph was a born-again Christian who was divorced about two years ago and had at one time led an active church life even serving as secretary of the church she attended.

Daniella, who is a Sixth Form student at Fyzabad Anglican Secondary School, pleaded on Tuesday for the public’s help in locating her then missing mother. It was not known if Daniella would still sit her CAPE examinations in Geography and Biology scheduled for next Friday.

“The break- up of the marriage affected Gail badly so much so that she had to receive counselling. The church was working with her but after the divorce, she gave up everything and just stopped attending services,” the relative said. Another person, who identified herself as a friend of the family, yesterday said Joseph kept her social life separate from the family setting with her four daughters whose ages range from four to 17.

“We knew she had met someone over the internet and it was the first time she was going to meet him. None of us knew him,” the friend said. Also visiting the scene yesterday was Insp Fitzgerald George. Investigations are continuing.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »
a bullet just pass thru me friend car back window in Tunapuna.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »
a bullet just pass thru me friend car back window in Tunapuna.

doh study dat. all de crime in t&t is gang-related. is de bullets self know who run wit gang.

1]; } ?>