24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84855 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »
a bullet just pass thru me friend car back window in Tunapuna.

doh study dat. all de crime in t&t is gang-related. is de bullets self know who run wit gang.
:devil: :devil:
hear nuh
allya on dis forum are THE BEST
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2009, 04:05:29 AM »
KILLED FOR GOLD
Workmen gunned down in El Socorro bar
By: Carolyn Kissoon and Peter Christopher (T&T Express).

A ceiling contractor and his employee were gunned down while buying food at a bar in El Socorro on Wednesday night.

Jason Dwarika, owner of Gypsum Interiors, was shot in the back before bandits ripped off his gold chain. He was then shot in the neck, an eyewitness said.

His employee, 19-year-old Ashton Daniel Jonas, was shot in the back while running away, police said.

Another employee, Shane Lochan, hid under a table and escaped unhurt.

The shooting happened around 10.30 p.m. outside D Corro Pub on the El Socorro Main Road. The men were doing their very first job ever in Northern Trinidad.

"We had just finished the job and was coming home, when we stopped to get something to eat. I went to the adjoining bar to get some drinks and my boss and Ashton were getting the food. I just hear a lot of noise and when I realised it was gunshots I ran and hid under a table," he said.

Lochan, 28, who was in shock yesterday, described his boss as "a loving, generous man who would never hesitate to help someone in need".

Dwarika, 26, was the father of two girls-Abbi, five, and three-year-old Ariel.

He lived at SS Erin Road, Debe with his 25-year-old wife, Lauren.

"I don't know what, they kill my husband for a chain. They kill my husband for what? A $10,000?," she said outside the Forensic Science Complex in St James yesterday.

The widow told the Express that at about 10.15 p.m., her husband called her, telling her that he was coming home soon. He along with his workers had completed their day's work on the ceiling of a dentist's office in St James and had stopped to buy food at a stall outside the bar, she was told.

Within 15 minutes her phone rang again.

"His co-worker called back, saying he get shoot and then I heard the woman from the bar saying if I wanted to see him alive again, I should hurry to the hospital, because he not looking like he going to hold up," Lauren said, adding that she had not and did not know how to tell the couple's two daughters, Abbi and Ariel.

"I want them to get life and suffer. Like I going to suffer for the rest of my life with my two children. For a gold chain," said the woman about her husband's attackers. She said her husband was accustomed to wearing his chain everywhere, but stated in case of robbery he would have been willing to give up his belongings.

"He would always put family first, he would say...He wanted me to continue the business. He said 'If anything happened to me make sure that you continue this business, I worked too hard for it'." she said. She said her husband started his company with $200 and a rental car eight years ago.

His sister, Jamie Dwarika said: "He has been doing this job for more than six years. My brother was an ambitious person who liked nice things. He was well-known for his professionalism and worked hard to care for his family," she said.

A short distance away, at Jonas' home yesterday, relatives were trying to determine why two masked men would storm into a bar and begin shooting. Jonas lived at Ramsamooj Trace, Debe.

His sister, Mohani Manick, said her brother began working with the contractor three weeks ago. "He was excited to have a job and had already started planning to build his house. He has a girlfriend and wanted to get married," she said. Homicide detectives are continuing investigations.

truetrini

« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2009, 07:34:25 AM »
I hear Manning and Martin Joseph looking to buy gold...dem to blame again...right?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2009, 10:31:18 PM »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »
a bullet just pass thru me friend car back window in Tunapuna.

doh study dat. all de crime in t&t is gang-related. is de bullets self know who run wit gang.
:devil: :devil:
hear nuh
allya on dis forum are THE BEST
yea dont study it until it hit somebody  :-\

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »
jus cool and sam hit the nail on the head, all of the ex pats love home but if locals feel is paradise, thats bullshit, when half of your family from the most dangerous area in trinidad, you see things from a different light, not to mention the fact that people home does sit down and take anything from the govt. all of we love home an all of we represent tt, but the ex pats know the real deal and how the nation should be, we not blind to the fact that tt gone thru and most of it has to do with the peoples attitude and the govt they elect.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2009, 10:08:31 AM »
jus cool and sam hit the nail on the head, all of the ex pats love home but if locals feel is paradise, thats bullshit, when half of your family from the most dangerous area in trinidad, you see things from a different light, not to mention the fact that people home does sit down and take anything from the govt. all of we love home an all of we represent tt, but the ex pats know the real deal and how the nation should be, we not blind to the fact that tt gone thru and most of it has to do with the peoples attitude and the govt they elect.
Doh mind dem TI. my breddren was playing ah game of cards and drinking when ah yute man open fire wid ah gallil and gunndown ah yute who was in the mix. mind you, the fella they was looking for just lived in the nieghborhood, but they decided tuh shoot up the game even though he was not present.

luckily meh breddren escaped with his life. now tell me, how could i live in a society where fellas so unmindfull of human life.  sstttuueepppsss.  i eh saying i would'nt move back home , but there must be some kinda effort tuh stamp out crime and restore law and order.   

but until then, i keeping meh black a$$ in america.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »
I was talking with my moms last night about the robbery at the caribbean airlines office in sando. She still shaken up about it because she was there that morning. she telling me how so many people she talk to feel unsafe. How is a shame when you have to be in fear of your safety just to go out and do your own personal errands in broad daylight. And she don't even live in a "dangerous part of Trinidad. they live in a nice area. Nice big houses, all barred up, all fenced in. You know how many times I run out and leave the door unlocked here?  All that stuff Elan you posting bout this shooting in the US and that school closing and what not. I dont ever feel unsafe running out to starbucks, or the grocery or the travel agency, or just sitting on my front step. I take some of those incidents as being out of the norm, whereas in trinidad now, it seems to be just another daily thing when someone get killed or robbed.Moms said she was watching some news report and they interviewd some popo in boston who was going on about how the crime has taken a steep increase, and the murder rate jump. And he said that so far for the year is 63 murders. What's the murder rate so far for T&T? Over 200? And people can actually say that there isnt a problem and the ex pats and the express blowing it out of proportion?

I ent saying I have no love for my country. I just saying I don't know if I could feel safe there now given what seems to be going on.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »
the average small grocery store does be lock up like is Fort Knox and that is when you want to go in to buy food
there is nothing like that in north america
buh I love meh Store Bay floatin toooo bad ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »
Doh mind dem TI. my breddren was playing ah game of cards and drinking when ah yute man open fire wid ah gallil and gunndown ah yute who was in the mix. mind you, the fella they was looking for just lived in the nieghborhood, but they decided tuh shoot up the game even though he was not present.

luckily meh breddren escaped with his life. now tell me, how could i live in a society where fellas so unmindfull of human life.  sstttuueepppsss.  i eh saying i would'nt move back home , but there must be some kinda effort tuh stamp out crime and restore law and order.  

but until then, i keeping meh black a$$ in america.

family, last time i talk to my people, all they saying is, if yuh on nelson, stay on nelson, if yuh on duncan, stay on duncan, if yuh on picadilly stay dey and worse yet some men not even bothering to go up the hill. in such a small area people are very mindful, theres no need for that senseless killing and caution, the value of human life has gone to nothing, is time for God to get back in the picture. worse yet people have no respect for elders no more, like how 3 canal come and sing "morning neighbour" like people respect gone down the drain.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:27:19 AM by Controversial »

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »
people need to take into account the size of our population compared to those cities and states in the US... for a small population we have a rather high murder rate in comparison to them. u cant just blindly say that crime is a global problem. that's damn ignorance. of course its a world problem but in t&t its exceptionally high. u cant ignore that. if u want to ignore that then i'll just have to conclude that u crawl out of manning's ass. if u want to debate it/ support it bring some numbers.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »

Just wondering.... all the local based who feel that the ex-pats are blowing this crime thing way out of proportion, how many of you have personally been the victims of some type of crime in Trinidad?

How many of you have had a relative or friend been the victim?
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »

Just wondering.... all the local based who feel that the ex-pats are blowing this crime thing way out of proportion, how many of you have personally been the victims of some type of crime in Trinidad?

heres an example of what i was talking about,for people who dont know, "crossing border"

http://guardian.co.tt/features/life/2009/06/07/duke-street-gangsters-ready-bite-bullet

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »

tuh answer yuh question bluntly, for example, meh fathers padnahs from the east dry river, if they didnt leave, are either in the mad house from drug abuse or dead, most murdered, or vagrants
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:37:55 PM by Controversial »

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2009, 02:28:30 PM »

tuh answer yuh question bluntly, for example, meh fathers padnahs from the east dry river, if they didnt leave, are either in the mad house from drug abuse or dead, most murdered, or vagrants

My grandfather have a lil grocery in arima. After it get robbed a few times, the last time he get beaten an they rip off his wedding ring from his finger and take my granma's own too, he burglarproof that thing like there's no tomorrow. It used to be people would come in an lime an old talk. Now you come and stand outside the steel, pass you money through the bars and he give you what you want. Maybe I looking at the crime situation differently because I have had family be the victims, but this was years ago and it ent get any better there. He have a dairy farm up wallerfield and he does be going up there early in the morning to milk the cows. My grandma says she start praying the moment he leave and dont stop until he reach back. Whenever he go he taking some dogs with him one of my uncles give him. Some bad ass pitbulls.For protection because he fed up run man off the farm trying to steal the cows.  The other morning the dogs start making noise at the house, they does let them go at night, the yard fenced in pretty high. But somebody try  to jump the fence and the dogs went after him. I ent know if they get a piece of him, but the very next night one somebody shoot an kill one of the dogs. They say they ent even bother to call the police because in the words of my grandma "what the police go do, like they fraid the bandits an them'

I am sure that those saying that the crime in trinidad isn't really as bad as the express makes it out to be, if some of you found yourselves staring down the barrel of a gun, or with a knife held to your throat as you went about your daily business, if something like that happened to you, you might have a different view of things. Sometimes people don't see the fire until i come and burn them.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2009, 02:32:19 PM »
VC whey yuh granpapi had de grocery,which part in arima.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
maturita

both my grandfathers had lil groceries, one on pinto road and one in maturita.  The one on pinto road, he pass on at least 15 years now and after he die the grocery and a bar they had next door fail. Nobody really wanted to run that, because he an all get rob, but back then it wasnt as common as it seems to be now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:59:15 PM by verycute1 »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »
I hear Manning and Martin Joseph looking to buy gold...dem to blame again...right?

I am lost, please explain ?

Maybe the day when Manning family get kidnap then things might change.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »

I am lost, please explain ?

Maybe the day when Manning family get kidnap then things might change.

it would take a very bad indian to do that  :devil:  wait til manning start taxing curry and saffron then u would see all hell break loose.

manning better hope he gains enuff power to become the king of trinidad and tobago b/c the day he gets voted out he either ending up in golden grove or lapeyrouse.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
maturita

both my grandfathers had lil groceries, one on pinto road and one in maturita.  The one on pinto road, he pass on at least 15 years now and after he die the grocery and a bar they had next door fail. Nobody really wanted to run that, because he an all get rob, but back then it wasnt as common as it seems to be now.
diaz next to the pet shop ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2009, 10:24:22 PM »

Right here on this forum I posted about a friend being raped and then her fther being killed. Per capita d murder rate high but if u remove d gang related murders d figure will not be alarming. As 4 guns running out here in d world doh have car thefts. Car Search respond and d tiefs had guns whether it is UWI or UTT. Crime happens   
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2009, 02:40:03 AM »

Right here on this forum I posted about a friend being raped and then her fther being killed. Per capita d murder rate high but if u remove d gang related murders d figure will not be alarming. As 4 guns running out here in d world doh have car thefts. Car Search respond and d tiefs had guns whether it is UWI or UTT. Crime happens  

You don't just randomly remove a number and say 'look tings not so bad'. Removing a number will not make people feel safer, especially when so little seems to be being done about the problem.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:53:12 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2009, 07:21:45 AM »
You don't just randomly remove a number and say 'look tings not so bad'. Removing a number will not make people feel safer, especially when so little seems to be being done about the problem.
the high lighted part is what I find to be the failing of the Politicians........there are small things being done...but there needs to be a GRAND SCHEME to curtail all this violence.
Pull in ALL the major Gang leaders and straighten them out or something.......DO SOMETHING
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2009, 08:30:21 AM »
I was talking with my moms last night about the robbery at the caribbean airlines office in sando. She still shaken up about it because she was there that morning. she telling me how so many people she talk to feel unsafe. How is a shame when you have to be in fear of your safety just to go out and do your own personal errands in broad daylight. And she don't even live in a "dangerous part of Trinidad. they live in a nice area. Nice big houses, all barred up, all fenced in. You know how many times I run out and leave the door unlocked here?  All that stuff Elan you posting bout this shooting in the US and that school closing and what not. I dont ever feel unsafe running out to starbucks, or the grocery or the travel agency, or just sitting on my front step. I take some of those incidents as being out of the norm, whereas in trinidad now, it seems to be just another daily thing when someone get killed or robbed.Moms said she was watching some news report and they interviewd some popo in boston who was going on about how the crime has taken a steep increase, and the murder rate jump. And he said that so far for the year is 63 murders. What's the murder rate so far for T&T? Over 200? And people can actually say that there isnt a problem and the ex pats and the express blowing it out of proportion?

I ent saying I have no love for my country. I just saying I don't know if I could feel safe there now given what seems to be going on.

vc1, that is it right there. ah rough fella i know from up here went down for business. when i bounce up with him after his trip, he tell me "what happen to all the windows? all those people living in cages."

peace of mind.

truetrini

« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2009, 11:43:29 AM »

vc1, that is it right there. ah rough fella i know from up here went down for business. when i bounce up with him after his trip, he tell me "what happen to all the windows? all those people living in cages."

peace of mind.

Years ago where were all dese people?  I will answer..dey was right dey, living in dey big homes and dey was all fenced in then too, but dem never cry out about crime and criminals  nah!  yuh see de crime never come into dem areas so say wha....?  Well dey made serious miscalculations and now dat criminals more mobile dey eh staying home tuh kill and rob,,is all over de place dem same peeps with dey walled in homes getting touched so dey finally find dey voice.

Dey find dey feet too and could now organize march around savannah and ting.

ah boy what ah ting!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »

peace of mind.

Years ago where were all dese people?  I will answer..dey was right dey, living in dey big homes and dey was all fenced in then too, but dem never cry out about crime and criminals  nah!  yuh see de crime never come into dem areas so say wha....?  Well dey made serious miscalculations and now dat criminals more mobile dey eh staying home tuh kill and rob,,is all over de place dem same peeps with dey walled in homes getting touched so dey finally find dey voice.

Dey find dey feet too and could now organize march around savannah and ting.

ah boy what ah ting!

1) Crime was never this bad years ago.

2) As for all those selfish people in dey big house, maybe so. But maybe they also concerned about others who not living in big houses. Like the school children getting shot in the back of the head. Like the innocent bystanders getting killed. Like tearing apart of families when a 27 year old father of two get shot dead over eggs in Sea Lots. The man had a job in Flour Mills and was one of the few who was actually taking care of his children. They shoot up the children's mother too.   

And you were the one who post that story and this is what you had to say

"I eh go lie, dis one hurt meh bad.  me eh know de fella but when yuh see what life come to in T&T.  People lorse dey soul...some could blame de government, z could blame de police, but something real missing and I am now joining the call for drastic measures.

Man we need to call ah state ah emergency declare martial law, raid homes, shoot on sight if dey break curfew..do something dese f**kers eh have no regard for life at all.  Is some little hood lums breaking eggs cause ah man tuh dead?"

Doh get me wrong, I feeling what yuh saying....its analogous to the Say No To Drugs camapign. US officials completely ignored the effects of drug use ravaging the black community after WWII, but only started to 'care' after it spilled into the white mainstream.

But throwing blame on the privaleged, as much as it may be TRUTH, never helped solve any problems because as much as they could be the reason for another man's oppression, is only he/she could climb out that pit that get dig for them.

Take a look at who doing senseless killing in T&T. Young fatherless, rudderless men. Is people in big houses who cause the fathers not to wrap their dick or to walk away from they children?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:40:27 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »
no body get shoot or stab down today? ???  What we have another summit going on?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »

My wife going practice broad daylight bythe COE and get rob her gold. That is about 9 years ago. She rest some lash on one of the fellas before he run off. (this in T&T)

My mom went to the hair dresser and rest down her purse by she foot. When she was finished her whole pay check gone. (this is in Brooklyn).
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2009, 02:29:20 PM »
I could leave my door open all night all week.
Canada.

1]; } ?>