24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84877 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2009, 02:01:58 PM »
What I wondering is, with all these guns on the street that these criminals have, there must be some kinda illegal gun trade going on right?

And if so, how come the scared citizens not getting some themselves? If you study some of the crime waves in the US in the past, how many criminals were themselves shot in the act by otherwise law abiding citizens who either had a legally registered gun or obtained one on thr street because of their fear that they would be the victim of crime.

I know there are legal ways to obtain guns in T'dad because long ago when I used to work in Manhins on high street for summers, they sold guns. I remember being locked in one night because they got a big shipment and the popo said none of the employees could leave the store untill all the guns and ammo were brought in and secured. I know Manhin sold the business years ago and I think it closed now but there were other places to buy guns too.

With all of this why have there not been shootings of criminals in the act?

Or is it that the guns are being brought in by a main entity and controlled and  circulated among a select few, which means that there is a "master criminal" to borrow a phrase from Sherlock Holmes, and this master criminal is building an army, or rather has an army already in place, in which case, what is this all building up to? Because if one person or group is controlling all the guns but the shootings and attacks seem to be nationwide, then that's scary.

O

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »
What I wondering is, with all these guns on the street that these criminals have, there must be some kinda illegal gun trade going on right?

And if so, how come the scared citizens not getting some themselves? If you study some of the crime waves in the US in the past, how many criminals were themselves shot in the act by otherwise law abiding citizens who either had a legally registered gun or obtained one on thr street because of their fear that they would be the victim of crime.

I know there are legal ways to obtain guns in T'dad because long ago when I used to work in Manhins on high street for summers, they sold guns. I remember being locked in one night because they got a big shipment and the popo said none of the employees could leave the store untill all the guns and ammo were brought in and secured. I know Manhin sold the business years ago and I think it closed now but there were other places to buy guns too.

With all of this why have there not been shootings of criminals in the act?

Or is it that the guns are being brought in by a main entity and controlled and  circulated among a select few, which means that there is a "master criminal" to borrow a phrase from Sherlock Holmes, and this master criminal is building an army, or rather has an army already in place, in which case, what is this all building up to? Because if one person or group is controlling all the guns but the shootings and attacks seem to be nationwide, then that's scary.

O

yea there has to be some illegal gun trade going on. venezuela is right there 7-8 miles away. anybody could take a speed boat in de middle of de night and make transactions....and what do we do about it? we should increase security on the waters.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »

yea there has to be some illegal gun trade going on. venezuela is right there 7-8 miles away. anybody could take a speed boat in de middle of de night and make transactions....

boss it have days u could go cedros and u would ah interpreter to communicate wit people
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »
To buy a gun you need a gun. Think bout it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
To buy a gun you need a gun. Think bout it.
true. might have to get one too if i have to move back

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2009, 11:40:56 AM »
verycute the other day Supa Chile get lock up for I think 4 years because he had an illegal gun that he said he got to protect his family after they got robbed.
Ordinary people doh want to risk that kinda jail time.

I find if the police cannot protect the citizenry then they should enable the citizenry to protect themselves.
Right now ppl in T&T are just sitting ducks.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2009, 12:59:06 PM »

yea there has to be some illegal gun trade going on. venezuela is right there 7-8 miles away. anybody could take a speed boat in de middle of de night and make transactions....

boss it have days u could go cedros and u would ah interpreter to communicate wit people

You know is long time that going on. My father have a house in Palo. Close to the water. When it was building he used to go down and check on it. One night he gone and as he reach the driveway he see a few shadows stooping on the porch. The man grab his cutlass and gone running towards them and 5 big well armed soldiers stand up and looking at him with all their guns pointing. Asking him who he is getting rough with him, he tell them is his house , show id etc and tell them he there to chek the property because people used to thief the building materials. They tell him drive to the station and ask for officer so and so and he will explain. Dad gone and the officer confirm that they was staking out a certain house where a certain would be coup leader built a compound, because it was supposed to have a huge shipment coming in from Venezuela. Now I ent know if they ever get their guns because we never see anything bout it in the news, but it was a long time before my dad ever went back there at night again. Not too long after that, he fence round the entire property. Now this is when I was about 15 and I ent see that number in quite a few years so you know this was way back when.

Peong I agree with you.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 30, 2009, 08:42:28 PM »
Gunmen fire on group of Detroit teens, wounding 7

DETROIT – Gunmen in a green minivan opened fire on a group of teenagers waiting at a bus stop near a Detroit school on Tuesday, wounding seven including two who were in critical condition, authorities said.

Five of the teens had just left Cody Ninth Grade Academy, where they were taking summer classes, when they were shot at the nearby bus stop.

The gunmen exited a vehicle and "asked for a person by name" before they "opened fire at the crowd," said Detroit Public Schools Police Chief Roderick Grimes.

Detroit Police were looking for two suspects in a green minivan, said spokesman Rod Liggons. Officers were interviewing some of the victims in the hospital Tuesday evening, he said.

Four boys and three girls ranging in age from 14 to 17 years old were hospitalized, two of them — a 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old female — in critical condition, said Deputy Chief James Tolbert.

Gas station owner Steve Hakim said he saw two people with T-shirts covering their heads run across his lot toward the bus stop. Then he heard about 10 gunshots, saw a boy and a girl fall down and called 911.

"It's pretty scary," Hakim said. "Somebody's got to do something."

Police were reviewing video taken from the gas station's security cameras and took a disc containing the footage, Hakim said.

Another summer school student, 15-year-old Bria Wilson, said she was standing at the bus stop when she heard the gunfire. She said she was facing away from the shooters and ran away after the shots were fired. But she saw a 16-year-old male friend lying on the ground, bleeding.

"They were so close — it almost hit me," she said.

Schools spokesman Steve Wasko said there was "nothing that we're aware of at this time" linking the shootings with any fight or dispute at the school.

He said the shootings happened about 2:15 p.m., about 15 minutes after summer school students were dismissed for the day.

___

Associated Press writers Ben Leubsdorf and David N. Goodman contributed to this report.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
Serial killer has South Carolina residents on edge
WEISS, Associated Press Writer Mitch Weiss, Associated Press Writer – Fri Jul 3, 4:43 pm ET

GAFFNEY, S.C. – Terrified residents canceled Fourth of July plans and holed up in their homes Friday as investigators hunted a serial killer believed to have shot four people to death.

Tanya Phillips had been looking forward to a backyard barbecue at her brother's house but instead planned to stay home with her doors locked.

"I'm not taking any chances," said Phillips, 32, a mother of two who works in a day-care center. "I'll go out during the day, but not at night. I just don't feel safe."

Plenty of evidence links the killings, though officials have not yet determined how the victims are connected or if they knew whoever shot them, said Cherokee County Sheriff Bill Blanton.

"Yes, we have a serial killer," he said at a news conference in this rural community 50 miles south of Charlotte, N.C.

So far, all investigators have to go on is a sketch of a suspect and a description of a possible getaway vehicle, though police would not say who provided that information.

The latest victims were found in their family's small furniture and appliance shop near downtown Gaffney around closing time Thursday. Stephen Tyler, 45, was killed, and his 15-year-old daughter was shot and seriously injured. Tyler's wife, his older daughter and an employee found them in Tyler Home Center, County Coroner Dennis Fowler said.

A day earlier and about seven miles away, family members found the bodies of 83-year-old Hazel Linder and her 50-year-old daughter, Gena Linder Parker, bound and shot in Linder's home. Blanton would not say if Tyler and his daughter were also bound.

The killing spree began last Saturday about 10 miles from Tyler Home Center, where peach farmer Kline Cash, 63, was found shot in his living room. Blanton said the killer may have first spoken with Cash's wife about buying hay. She left and came home a few hours later to find her husband's body. Investigators said it appears he was robbed, but they have not determined if anything was taken in the other killings.

Cherokee County, home to about 54,000 people, had just six homicides in all of 2008, and half that the year before.

Residents have "their guard up and their gun handy," said state Sen. Harvey Peeler, R-Gaffney, who recalled the area being terrorized once before, in the 1960s, by a serial killer dubbed the Gaffney Strangler. Otherwise, Gaffney is most famous for a giant water tank shaped like a peach that can be seen from Interstate 85.

"There is no greater fear than the fear of the unknown and nobody knows. You can cut the tension with a knife," Peeler said. "People are locking their doors, even in broad daylight."

The Fourth of July is a busy weekend, with thousands of people expected to attend fireworks displays in several communities.

"You want to live a normal life," Phillips said as she stood outside a grocery store. "But you just can't."

Every available police officer will work the weekend, Blanton said, acknowledging that there is "real fear in the county." He urged people to take precautions such as going out in groups and calling 911 if their cars break down and they are stuck on the side of the road.

"If someone breaks into my house, I'm armed and ready," said Mike Daniels, 53, a retired Army sergeant. "And I won't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later."

Hazel Smith, 47, said neighbors feel vulnerable.

"If he killed once, he'll kill again," she said sitting on the front porch with her friends. "Tonight, I'm going to stay inside and pray, pray a little harder that he gets caught."

The latest shootings happened less than a half-mile from the sheriff's office, where at least 30 investigators were already working on the case. Blanton said a profiler has suggested Tyler and his daughter might have been shot to taunt investigators, but he said his only concern is solving the case.

"We had a 15-year-old girl shot; he killed an 83-year-old woman," Blanton said. "The good people of this community don't deserve that."

The sheriff reminded people they have a right to protect themselves and advised salesmen and others to avoid knocking on strangers' doors with so many on heightened alert.

"People are going to start shooting at shadows," Blanton said.

___

Associated Press Writers Jim Davenport and Jeffrey Collins contributed to this report from Columbia.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »
Hey elan ,Yuhs ah real annoying fly oui!!! dum dum! the USA have over 300 million ppl, just look @ the last 2 articles tuh post, it's from 2 differant states!!!!

you acting like if america is the size of haiti? this place real big wid ah whole lot ah waste land, states, and ppl from all over the world, so how could you compare it too an area the size of delaware!!!!!

let me tell yuh this pardener, no matter how yuh twist it and tun it, T&T still have more crime than the U.S. population wise! and if we were as big as them and had the same slack goverment,.....boy..... what a scary thought.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »
Hey elan ,Yuhs ah real annoying fly oui!!! dum dum! the USA have over 300 million ppl, just look @ the last 2 articles tuh post, it's from 2 differant states!!!!

you acting like if america is the size of haiti? this place real big wid ah whole lot ah waste land, states, and ppl from all over the world, so how could you compare it too an area the size of delaware!!!!!

let me tell yuh this pardener, no matter how yuh twist it and tun it, T&T still have more crime than the U.S. population wise! and if we were as big as them and had the same slack goverment,.....boy..... what a scary thought.

So what you saying crime is different because it have less of a chance of affecting a great number of people or a majority of the total population?

All I saying is crime happens everywhere and people can be made to feel as prisonersin theur home as a result of crime.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2009, 09:24:57 AM »

So what you saying crime is different because it have less of a chance of affecting a great number of people or a majority of the total population?

All I saying is crime happens everywhere and people can be made to feel as prisonersin theur home as a result of crime.

Then why dont you post the crime articles from trinidad, given that this thread is discussing crime in trinidad.  No one say it aint have crime in america, we just said that per person, the crime rate in trinidad can be interpreted as being higher that the us. And that thing about the serial killer in SC, didnt we just have two in trinidad? The PH driver and his female accomplice who it is believed were responsible for at least 5 deaths and who knows how many more missing in that central region?

Anyway since we discussing Trinidad I will start it for you... here's hoping you not in a situation like this poor family

No electric saw to perform autopsy
Saturday, July 4th 2009

FUNERAL arrangements for two-year-old Kiara Jackie have been put on hold until next week because pathologists at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mount Hope had no electric saw to perform her autopsy yesterday.

According to Jackie's grandmother, Wendy Maynard, the idea of a morgue not having a saw sounded "ridiculous", but she had no choice but to wait because it was a police matter and they had no authority to remove her granddaughter's body.

"The autopsy was supposed to be held today (yesterday), and now I'm here and they told me that they have no saw, so they cannot do any autopsy until Monday ... but I just don't understand why they have to make us go through this," she said.

Speaking to the Express via telephone from the hospital yesterday, a distraught Maynard said she hoped that when she goes on Monday "they are done".

When the Express called the morgue yesterday to enquire about the situation, a reliable source at the facility said they were on a strike because they were "fed up of using hacksaw blades to cut people open".

According to the source, for more than a year they have been forced to complete autopsies using hacksaw blades, because management had failed to get them the tools they need to perform efficiently. The source said the problem has been a chronic one for a long time but they were doing the best they could with what they had.

"You could ask the Government for a budget of $10 million, you will get, and you know you get, but you don't see it ... and it is more than ridiculous," the source said.

Contacted on the matter yesterday, chief executive officer at the North Central Regional Health Authority, Caroline Washington-Agile, said they borrowed an electric saw yesterday from an undisclosed source to carry out autopsies at the facility.

"We are in the process of getting a new saw and replacing the motor in the one that was damaged...because the intention is to have two," she said.

However, the source at the hospital told the Express that the saw and the parts, which would not cost the hospital more than US$3,000, are yet to be tendered.

-Aabida Allaham

Or here's for all the people complaining it have no jobs in trinidad

Foreign invasion
12,212 non-Caricom nationals get work permits
Published: 4 Jul 2009

The National Security Ministry granted 12,212 work permits to non-Caricom nationals between 2007 and 2008. Of this number, 2,827 work permits were granted to Chinese nationals, the ministry has confirmed.

Minister in the Ministry of National Security Donna Cox gave these figures in reply to an Opposition question in the Lower House yesterday. One question called for answers on the number of non-Caricom workers entering T&T and granted work permits for 2007 and 2008, and the number of Chinese immigrant labourers-workers employed in T&T for 2007 and 2008. Another question called for the nature of the contracts and terms of employment of Chinese workers entering T&T in 2007 and 2008.

Cox said 1,071 work permits were granted to Chinese nationals in 2007 and 1,756 to such nationals in 2008. She also said 5,103 work permits were granted to other non-Caricom workers in 2007 and 7,109 work permits in 2008. The ministry, in a written reply to the other query, stated that its database showed that most of the Chinese workers were employed with construction companies and restaurants. For 2007, approximately 74 per cent of the workers were employed in construction related occupations—carpenters, masons, welders, etc.

In addition, about 11 per cent of Chinese workers were employed in food services occupations—chefs, cooks, etc. For 2008, approximately 82 per cent of the workers were employed in construction-related occupations, while five per cent were employed in food services occupations. The ministry stated that such workers were usually granted a 12-month work permit. The terms and conditions of employment for these workers were between respective employers and workers and do not form ministry records, the ministry stated.

and some more crime articles you missed elan

Security guard gunned down
Camille Clarke
Published: 29 Jun 2009

Machel Huggins...shot dead.
Camille Clarke

A 22-year-old security guard was shot dead on Saturday night in Maloney. Machel Huggins, a former airport employee, of Building Four in Maloney, was liming with friends in front of the apartment building when he was shot, a report said.

Police said Huggins and his friends were approached by two gunmen around 8.30 pm. The gunmen opened fire on the group. While his friends scampered for safety, Huggins was shot about the body. He was taken to the Arima Health Facility where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The victim’s father, Wayne Huggins, said he believed his son was killed because “he had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.” He said, “I spoke with several youths in Maloney. I think my son was in the wrong place. He travelled before and wanted to go abroad and study.” During an interview at his Bellbird home in Malabar, the grieving father said he was also mourning the loss of his daughter, Stacey Huggins.

Stacey was killed in a vehicular accident on January 2007, that also claimed the lives of three other people. “I am already mourning the death of my daughter. We (Huggins) were close and spoke with each other on a regular basis,” the senior Huggins said. “He was murdered...There are too many innocent youths losing their lives.

They should try and be peaceful and loving. They should read about leaders and think positive instead of taking innocent lives,” he said. He described his son as “loving, disciplined and helpful.” Detectives said they had no motive for his Huggins’ killing. However, they suspect his death was due to gang warfare in the area.

Man gunned down in St James bar
Akile Simon
Published: 28 Jun 2009
Akile Simon

An argument between two men turned fatal after a 25-year-old Morvant man was shot and killed while liming in a bar at St James on Saturday morning. The incident occurred around 3 am at Club Rush, located next to Smokey and Bunty.

Sean Thomas, of Dorata Street, Morvant, has been identified as the victim. Police said Thomas was a member of the “Gambino gang” and was among 13 men before the court charged with the rape of a schoolgirl in the Morvant district last year. Sources at the North-Eastern Division said Thomas was the second accused in the matter to be shot and killed.

According to investigators, Thomas was in the company of a male relative at the establishment when he got into an argument with another man. The suspect left the club and returned a short while later. He approached Thomas from behind and shot him once in the head, before quickly making his escape. Upon hearing the sound of gunfire, patrons scampered out of the liming spot. Thomas’ body was later discovered on the floor. He died at the scene.

Officers of the Port-of-Spain Homicide and the St James Police Station visited the scene and are continuing investigations. Only last Saturday, Sterlin Nero, 22, of Rich Plain Road, Diego Martin, was shot dead moments after he walked away from two separate confrontations with a group of men and a woman while liming at Crobar, Ariapita Avenue, Woodbrook.

Hospital has become the country’s latest murder victim. Clyde Patrick Horsford was found shot to death, a few metres from his Mt D’Or Road, Champ Fleurs, home yesterday afternoon. Horsford’s mother, Albertina, said she suspected something like this would have happened, after her son’s home was burnt last Sunday.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian at the scene, the 75-year-old mother of ten said she, too, remained baffled over the incident. “I was prepared for this already since they burn down his house on Father’s Day,” she said. With tears streaming from her face, Albertina said Clyde’s death caught her by surprise, since he never interfered with anyone.

“I was down the road and when I came home, I saw plenty people in the gallery, then one of the boys told me that Clyde dead,” she said. “Look, I bring food for him to eat, but he can’t eat it again. “I don’t know what to do...When I went ah take a look, I saw him lying there dead, and from the time I saw that, it hurt me real bad, I really can’t take this one,” the woman said, as she looked at crime scene investigators, who searched the bushy area for clues.

Police said that around 1.15 pm, they received a report that a bullet-riddled body of a man was found in some bushes at Mt D’Or Extension Terrace. When the officers got to the scene, they found the victim with multiple gunshot wounds to the back. Officers suspect the incident may have stemmed from an argument between Clyde and another man last Sunday.

A team of officers led by Senior Supt Rajendranath Maharaj, Sgts Hosein and Katwaroo, PCs Mohammed, Grant and Thomas of the St Joseph CID and Region I Homicide Bureau, along with officers of the Special Anti-Crime Unit, visited the scene. Grant is continuing investigations.

Suspect shot in robbery attempt
Akile Simon

A suspected robber has been shot and wounded during a botched robbery at a Barataria businessplace yesterday. The 24-year-old suspect remains warded in serious condition under police guard at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope, up to late yesterday.

He sustained a gunshot wound to the neck. Officers of the North Eastern Division have also launched a search for a second suspect who escaped. According to police, around 11.15 am, two men, one armed with a pocket knife and the other a firearm, entered Mollineau’s Optical at Eastern Main Road, Barataria, and announced a hold-up.

Police said the robbers ordered the proprietor to the back of the store where they demanded cash and jewelry. The men began pushing the victim around, following which the man drew his licenced firearm and fired shots at the suspects. One of the men was hit in the neck while the other quickly made his escape. Officers recovered a blood-stained knife and clothing from the scene. Insp Moses and WPC Weekes, of the Morvant CID, visited the scene and are continuing investigations.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2009, 12:02:15 PM »

Then why dont you post the crime articles from trinidad, given that this thread is discussing crime in trinidad.  No one say it aint have crime in america, we just said that per person, the crime rate in trinidad can be interpreted as being higher that the us. And that thing about the serial killer in SC, didnt we just have two in trinidad? The PH driver and his female accomplice who it is believed were responsible for at least 5 deaths and who knows how many more missing in that central region?

Anyway since we discussing Trinidad I will start it for you... here's hoping you not in a situation like this poor family

No electric saw to perform autopsy
Saturday, July 4th 2009

FUNERAL arrangements for two-year-old Kiara Jackie have been put on hold until next week because pathologists at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mount Hope had no electric saw to perform her autopsy yesterday.

According to Jackie's grandmother, Wendy Maynard, the idea of a morgue not having a saw sounded "ridiculous", but she had no choice but to wait because it was a police matter and they had no authority to remove her granddaughter's body.

"The autopsy was supposed to be held today (yesterday), and now I'm here and they told me that they have no saw, so they cannot do any autopsy until Monday ... but I just don't understand why they have to make us go through this," she said.

Speaking to the Express via telephone from the hospital yesterday, a distraught Maynard said she hoped that when she goes on Monday "they are done".

When the Express called the morgue yesterday to enquire about the situation, a reliable source at the facility said they were on a strike because they were "fed up of using hacksaw blades to cut people open".

According to the source, for more than a year they have been forced to complete autopsies using hacksaw blades, because management had failed to get them the tools they need to perform efficiently. The source said the problem has been a chronic one for a long time but they were doing the best they could with what they had.

"You could ask the Government for a budget of $10 million, you will get, and you know you get, but you don't see it ... and it is more than ridiculous," the source said.

Contacted on the matter yesterday, chief executive officer at the North Central Regional Health Authority, Caroline Washington-Agile, said they borrowed an electric saw yesterday from an undisclosed source to carry out autopsies at the facility.

"We are in the process of getting a new saw and replacing the motor in the one that was damaged...because the intention is to have two," she said.

However, the source at the hospital told the Express that the saw and the parts, which would not cost the hospital more than US$3,000, are yet to be tendered.

-Aabida Allaham

Or here's for all the people complaining it have no jobs in trinidad

Foreign invasion
12,212 non-Caricom nationals get work permits

The National Security Ministry granted 12,212 work permits to non-Caricom nationals between 2007 and 2008. Of this number, 2,827 work permits were granted to Chinese nationals, the ministry has confirmed.

Minister in the Ministry of National Security Donna Cox gave these figures in reply to an Opposition question in the Lower House yesterday. One question called for answers on the number of non-Caricom workers entering T&T and granted work permits for 2007 and 2008, and the number of Chinese immigrant labourers-workers employed in T&T for 2007 and 2008. Another question called for the nature of the contracts and terms of employment of Chinese workers entering T&T in 2007 and 2008.

Cox said 1,071 work permits were granted to Chinese nationals in 2007 and 1,756 to such nationals in 2008. She also said 5,103 work permits were granted to other non-Caricom workers in 2007 and 7,109 work permits in 2008. The ministry, in a written reply to the other query, stated that its database showed that most of the Chinese workers were employed with construction companies and restaurants. For 2007, approximately 74 per cent of the workers were employed in construction related occupations—carpenters, masons, welders, etc.

In addition, about 11 per cent of Chinese workers were employed in food services occupations—chefs, cooks, etc. For 2008, approximately 82 per cent of the workers were employed in construction-related occupations, while five per cent were employed in food services occupations. The ministry stated that such workers were usually granted a 12-month work permit. The terms and conditions of employment for these workers were between respective employers and workers and do not form ministry records, the ministry stated.

and some more crime articles you missed elan

Security guard gunned down
Camille Clarke
Published: 29 Jun 2009

Machel Huggins...shot dead.
Camille Clarke

A 22-year-old security guard was shot dead on Saturday night in Maloney. Machel Huggins, a former airport employee, of Building Four in Maloney, was liming with friends in front of the apartment building when he was shot, a report said.

Police said Huggins and his friends were approached by two gunmen around 8.30 pm. The gunmen opened fire on the group. While his friends scampered for safety, Huggins was shot about the body. He was taken to the Arima Health Facility where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The victim’s father, Wayne Huggins, said he believed his son was killed because “he had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.” He said, “I spoke with several youths in Maloney. I think my son was in the wrong place. He travelled before and wanted to go abroad and study.” During an interview at his Bellbird home in Malabar, the grieving father said he was also mourning the loss of his daughter, Stacey Huggins.

Stacey was killed in a vehicular accident on January 2007, that also claimed the lives of three other people. “I am already mourning the death of my daughter. We (Huggins) were close and spoke with each other on a regular basis,” the senior Huggins said. “He was murdered...There are too many innocent youths losing their lives.

They should try and be peaceful and loving. They should read about leaders and think positive instead of taking innocent lives,” he said. He described his son as “loving, disciplined and helpful.” Detectives said they had no motive for his Huggins’ killing. However, they suspect his death was due to gang warfare in the area.

Man gunned down in St James bar
Akile Simon
Published: 28 Jun 2009
Akile Simon

An argument between two men turned fatal after a 25-year-old Morvant man was shot and killed while liming in a bar at St James on Saturday morning. The incident occurred around 3 am at Club Rush, located next to Smokey and Bunty.

Sean Thomas, of Dorata Street, Morvant, has been identified as the victim. Police said Thomas was a member of the “Gambino gang” and was among 13 men before the court charged with the rape of a schoolgirl in the Morvant district last year. Sources at the North-Eastern Division said Thomas was the second accused in the matter to be shot and killed.

According to investigators, Thomas was in the company of a male relative at the establishment when he got into an argument with another man. The suspect left the club and returned a short while later. He approached Thomas from behind and shot him once in the head, before quickly making his escape. Upon hearing the sound of gunfire, patrons scampered out of the liming spot. Thomas’ body was later discovered on the floor. He died at the scene.

Officers of the Port-of-Spain Homicide and the St James Police Station visited the scene and are continuing investigations. Only last Saturday, Sterlin Nero, 22, of Rich Plain Road, Diego Martin, was shot dead moments after he walked away from two separate confrontations with a group of men and a woman while liming at Crobar, Ariapita Avenue, Woodbrook.

Hospital has become the country’s latest murder victim. Clyde Patrick Horsford was found shot to death, a few metres from his Mt D’Or Road, Champ Fleurs, home yesterday afternoon. Horsford’s mother, Albertina, said she suspected something like this would have happened, after her son’s home was burnt last Sunday.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian at the scene, the 75-year-old mother of ten said she, too, remained baffled over the incident. “I was prepared for this already since they burn down his house on Father’s Day,” she said. With tears streaming from her face, Albertina said Clyde’s death caught her by surprise, since he never interfered with anyone.

“I was down the road and when I came home, I saw plenty people in the gallery, then one of the boys told me that Clyde dead,” she said. “Look, I bring food for him to eat, but he can’t eat it again. “I don’t know what to do...When I went ah take a look, I saw him lying there dead, and from the time I saw that, it hurt me real bad, I really can’t take this one,” the woman said, as she looked at crime scene investigators, who searched the bushy area for clues.

Police said that around 1.15 pm, they received a report that a bullet-riddled body of a man was found in some bushes at Mt D’Or Extension Terrace. When the officers got to the scene, they found the victim with multiple gunshot wounds to the back. Officers suspect the incident may have stemmed from an argument between Clyde and another man last Sunday.

A team of officers led by Senior Supt Rajendranath Maharaj, Sgts Hosein and Katwaroo, PCs Mohammed, Grant and Thomas of the St Joseph CID and Region I Homicide Bureau, along with officers of the Special Anti-Crime Unit, visited the scene. Grant is continuing investigations.

Suspect shot in robbery attempt
Akile Simon

A suspected robber has been shot and wounded during a botched robbery at a Barataria businessplace yesterday. The 24-year-old suspect remains warded in serious condition under police guard at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope, up to late yesterday.

He sustained a gunshot wound to the neck. Officers of the North Eastern Division have also launched a search for a second suspect who escaped. According to police, around 11.15 am, two men, one armed with a pocket knife and the other a firearm, entered Mollineau’s Optical at Eastern Main Road, Barataria, and announced a hold-up.

Police said the robbers ordered the proprietor to the back of the store where they demanded cash and jewelry. The men began pushing the victim around, following which the man drew his licenced firearm and fired shots at the suspects. One of the men was hit in the neck while the other quickly made his escape. Officers recovered a blood-stained knife and clothing from the scene. Insp Moses and WPC Weekes, of the Morvant CID, visited the scene and are continuing investigations.

I don't have to post the bad news from T&T as there are you all to do that. You all on a mission, so I on a mission too.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2009, 03:36:01 PM »
Well if the good ol' US of A so bad for you with all these stories you hunt down from all these different states, some of them larger than Trinidad, then why you dont go home? Just the reverse of the debate that we are having here.  I find it hypocritical to be posting all these crime stories with the intent or "mission" of proving that the crime here just as bad if not worse that in T&T, all while you living here taking the yankee dollar living the yankee dream. Best you go home, live in trinidad unmolested, and where you sure it wont have no school shootings because those kids haven't got guns into the schools yet, and where your family wont lose their handbags in beauty parlors and you can leave your door open all the time. I am sure that it have nuff people willing to take your place on this side of the world.

By the way, according to the NYPD, as of 6/28/2009 the NYC murder rate was 200 even. That's using info from all 5 boroughs, and the population is about 8.36 million. You can find that info on the nyc.gov website under the nypd crime stats, they update it weekly. I believe that after Tecia's death, the murder rate in T&T was somewhere over 250? And what does the population stand at again? Anyone have those stats?

For 2008 the NYC murder rate was 523. For trinidad, the official tally stands at 545 for 2008, though some think it was higher than that, if you take into account the missing and not accounted for.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
Well if the good ol' US of A so bad for you with all these stories you hunt down from all these different states, some of them larger than Trinidad, then why you dont go home? Just the reverse of the debate that we are having here.  I find it hypocritical to be posting all these crime stories with the intent or "mission" of proving that the crime here just as bad if not worse that in T&T, all while you living here taking the yankee dollar living the yankee dream. Best you go home, live in trinidad unmolested, and where you sure it wont have no school shootings because those kids haven't got guns into the schools yet, and where your family wont lose their handbags in beauty parlors and you can leave your door open all the time. I am sure that it have nuff people willing to take your place on this side of the world.

By the way, according to the NYPD, as of 6/28/2009 the NYC murder rate was 200 even. That's using info from all 5 boroughs, and the population is about 8.36 million. You can find that info on the nyc.gov website under the nypd crime stats, they update it weekly. I believe that after Tecia's death, the murder rate in T&T was somewhere over 250? And what does the population stand at again? Anyone have those stats?

For 2008 the NYC murder rate was 523. For trinidad, the official tally stands at 545 for 2008, though some think it was higher than that, if you take into account the missing and not accounted for.

8.36 million population in NYC also means a larger police force, which means a higher ability to handle crime. since u puttin up stats, maybe u can put up the ratio of police to citizens in NYC and compare it to the ratio for trinidad.

again, i am not makin any excuses for d crime rate down here, but we have to real, it jus doh have enough police to handle d crime situation in d country.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2009, 06:13:59 PM »

8.36 million population in NYC also means a larger police force, which means a higher ability to handle crime. since u puttin up stats, maybe u can put up the ratio of police to citizens in NYC and compare it to the ratio for trinidad.

again, i am not makin any excuses for d crime rate down here, but we have to real, it jus doh have enough police to handle d crime situation in d country.

Sure

ratio is 1 officer per 223 citizens nypd

1 officer per 162 citizens trinidad and tobago

Source: Encyclopaedia of Police Science by Jack Greene 3rd edition published 0ct 2006

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »

Look how simple. You get offended real quick. You all want a free pass to say whatever you want about T&T, but when people criticize alyuh land of the free you getting offended and talking abou t go home. How about, you all never going back to T&T? If USA is all that why such a vested interest in T&T (although it's so negative). Bring all you family to the land where the streets are paved with gold and a person being affected by crime is 99% less likely than T&T.

IU like the States, but that does not keep me from seeing the negatives up here or the positives at home. I guess I am different to you all caus e I came here by choice. I did not have to come here I choose to come here just to experience something different. I had everything back home, and if I decide tomorrow I going home, I will have it much, much, much better than up here. I not trying to create no illusion that I have everything up here and I am one of them, cause I am not. I see Americans struggle big time around me and I understand that anywhere you go you have to work hard, and be weary about what's going on around you.

For all the negative articles you all post about T&T foreigners are still heading to T&T for vacation and business. Look at the Hyatt they just built and the cost to stay there, most of us here would not even stay in a Hyatt up here much less to go home and pay 3 times the amount. You feel these business people not recognizing the positives in T&T? Yes crime high and it getting out of hand, but it's like that anywhere.

Only last week my dad went and get a glass to fix we front door (about a 6x6 piece to replace - fancy door nah). For over a year anyone could have just walked up and put their hand through and open the door and go with anything in the house and we never lose anything.

People will always be people any where you go in the world.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 05, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »
Loosen your cap I ent offended. I asking a true question trying to figure out where you coming from. Because the amount of crime stats you post for the US whenever anyone talks bout crime in TRINIDAD, just makes it seem like you arguing against living in the states  is all.

As for the vested interest in trinidad, well I still have a  son at private school, a mother, a father, siblings, and much more family living there. So when crime hits home, like my moms being at the Caribbean airlines office moments before the bandits showed up, or my aunt getting mugged in front of a daycare, or my grandfather being pistol whipped by bandits, or a lady being killed in her own house by bandits not even a block away from my son's private school,  well it brings everything a little closer in perspective.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2009, 12:15:08 AM »
Loosen your cap I ent offended. I asking a true question trying to figure out where you coming from. Because the amount of crime stats you post for the US whenever anyone talks bout crime in TRINIDAD, just makes it seem like you arguing against living in the states  is all.

As for the vested interest in trinidad, well I still have a  son at private school, a mother, a father, siblings, and much more family living there. So when crime hits home, like my moms being at the Caribbean airlines office moments before the bandits showed up, or my aunt getting mugged in front of a daycare, or my grandfather being pistol whipped by bandits, or a lady being killed in her own house by bandits not even a block away from my son's private school,  well it brings everything a little closer in perspective.

Wow yuh family is a crime statistic all by itself
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »
since this story was first posted in this thread here is the hopeful outcome
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31759835/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

original story
Serial killer has South Carolina residents on edge
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 15, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »
me eh living in no country with shitty hospitals
-------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Faith can’t move arm, dad wants probe

Wednesday, July 15 2009

Six-day-old Faith Davis rests on her bandaged right arm at San Fernando General Hospitalyesterday. Faith's parents claim doctors have said she may lose use of her arm which becameseverely swollen after medication was fed to her veins with needles.

A New Grant man wants Minister of Health Jerry Narace to investigate the children’s ward of the San Fernando General Hospital (SFGH) after doctors said his six-day-old baby girl may lose use of her right hand for life.

Earl Davis, 39, of Brothers Road, New Grant, told Newsday his wife Maureen, 37, rushed their new born baby Faith to the SFGH after she began to suffer from a series of seizures on July 9.

Davis said Faith was placed on Ward 14, which is for children, and spent the rest of the night there receiving intravenous drugs to prevent the onset of more seizures.

When he visited Faith on July 10, Davis said he noticed a large swollen area on her right hand and right leg where doctors had inserted needles to administer the medication.

Davis said he became worried about the swelling especially when a large fluid-filled sac, a bleb, developed on the baby’s tiny right wrist.

“Doctors told me that Faith’s hand was so tiny that the medication did not enter the vein at the point of injection and the fluid collected under the skin instead,” said Davis.

On July 11, Faith’s right hand lost its ability to flex. Davis said Faith was in pain and cried all the time and he became so worried that hospital staff sent a skin specialist to examine the baby’s right hand.

Davis said he was devastated by what the specialist told him. “The specialist said Faith may never have the full use of her right hand because of the swelling and water bladder.” The distraught father wants Narace to visit Ward 14 to see how small children suffer there without getting adequate attention from doctors and nurses. “Every time I go in the hospital and I see Faith my heart gets full. I don’t think the children there are monitored round the clock,” said Davis.

Davis said he pays health surcharge but it seems that it makes no difference when poor people need to go to the hospital for treatment.

“The treatment in Children’s Ward is not nice at all. Faith would not have that water bladder if doctors were monitoring her properly.”

Attempts to contact SWRHA CEO Michael Harris were unsuccessful as calls to him went unanswered. However, Dr Kerryn Brahim, a consultant to the neonatal unit (Faith is on a general children’s ward), said the swelling is a “recognised complication of any infusion in a newborn and paediatric”

“The drips could tissue, that is when the fluid comes out of the vein and collects in the surrounding tissue,” he said. This could only be avoided if there is adequate staff on the ward to monitor “those intravenous sites”.

He said the ward Faith is on is usually understaffed with three nurses assigned to up to 40 children.

Although, he is not Faith’s doctor, Brahim said her arm still has to be monitored. He said even if scarring crosses a joint it can be corrected with skin grafts, physiotherapy and orthopaedic therapy.
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,103768.html

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 15, 2009, 01:24:25 PM »
Quote from: Savannah boy on June 01, 2009, 11:06:10 AM
T&T sweet fuh so but seriously, do you really have an idea how many business people had to leave our shores for the safety of themselves and their families.  The reward for going to school and beating book is to live in fear of some youths who into perpetual liming and time wasting.  Something not right there.  Until dat obstacle is removed, it doh have no going back and lending ah helping hand to yuh birth land.  Wise investments doh include no loyalties.  I went to Saints so I know plenty from de brain drain who have been directly affected by de crime scene.  Some were killed because de family could not come up with a full ransom.  Dis going on long time now.  Is jes that it getting worse.  Those who own ah bizness know what I talking about.  Those who do not take financial risks and prefer to work all thier lives for other peeps remain unaffected.  Their worry is whether to jump in PH car or not and dat is a whole other story.  Ah jes telling yuh, bizness people under real pressure back home.  Going to the bank alone is like an episode of Survivor.  All de beach, carnival, pan, soca, rum, fete, bumsee, wining, doubles, roti, pelau, bake & shark and whaever else we does indulge in cyah remove dat fear.  It does affect people sleep.  Try sleeping with one eye open all de time.  De idea dat it have natural stress jes by being in North America or Europe is fallacious.  It have stress everywhere unless yuh lacking some blasted ambition and...NO...holding down ah lil work jes to pay bills is not ambition.

Truetrini Reply: unless yuh doing wrong, yuh eh sleeping with one eye open at all...stop dat

So what yuh saying is dat only evil bizness people dat getting rob in T&T?  Strange dat officially licensed guns are at an all time high in the business community.  It only takes you buying a nice house and car and you're a possible target for robbery and yuh family members could be kidnapped.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #352 on: July 15, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »
i think this will eventually be de longest thread in history...in de end, to each his own.  it have ppl in trini who wish dey was living in de US and vice versa while others happy just where they are. 

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »
the funny thing is that this debate is being played out in households all across the world.  my wife for example is from puerto rico and is extremely homesick.  almost every week we talk about the pros and cons of going back puerto rico, one of the sticking point is salary, PR just like trini where teachers etc. making not so much money compared to other sectors.   housing as u can imagine is another factor, schools, etc.    maybe one day we will make the move back to the caribbean, who knows.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 18, 2009, 04:56:10 AM »
300 murders in 7 months.
By LAUREL V WILLIAMS (NEWSDAY
).

Saturday, July 18 2009

A 25-YEAR-OLD Princes Town businessman became this country’s 300th murder victim for this year, when two gunmen stormed the victim’s place of business — a bar — and opened fire yesterday.

Shawn Gunness was shot dead while his father Deonarine “Dan” Gunness, 49, was also shot and remains warded in critical condition at hospital. Shawn was killed less than a day after an Arima man became the 299th murder victim, when he too was gunned down.

According to police reports, at about 1 pm, two men walked into Green Arrow Recreation Club off the Naparima/Mayaro Road near Matilda Junction and ordered two Ginseng-Up drinks.

As Shawn was about to give the men the beverage, one of them pulled out a gun and shot him as he was walking towards the bar counter. Shawn’s father who was standing at the doorway of the bar, ran to his assistance and was shot by the two men who then ran off.

“Dan was shot in the chest and hands while Shawn was shot in the chest. Shawn fell and hit his head. This is the first time something like this has happened here and the family has been operating this business for over 40 years,” Deonarine’s father Harrichan said.

Father and son were taken to the San Fernando General Hospital where the younger Gunness was pronounced dead-on-arrival while the elder was treated and remains warded in critical condition.

As police searched for clues at the scene yesterday evening, shocked relatives stood nearby consoling each other.

The relatives said they could not understand the motive behind the shootings.

“It cannot be robbery because nothing was stolen. We have never been threatened and maybe it was just jealously that caused these men to kill my grandson and shoot my son,” Harrichan said.

No arrests have been made and Homicide Investigations Bureau (San Fernando) detectives are continuing enquiries.

On Thursday at about 8.25 pm, Derek Calderon alias “Virus” of Calvary Hill in Arima was standing in the yard of a house near his home when he was confronted by a gunman who shot him several times before running off. Calderon was taken to the Arima District Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police yesterday described the murder of Calderon as a revenge killing and added that the victim was well-known to law enforcement. For the same period last year, 283 persons were murdered.

Murders 299 and 300 took place after National Security Minister Martin Joseph admitted during a post-Cabinet press conference on Thursday, of being under pressure in dealing with the issue of national security. So much so that in trying to answer a reporter’s question Joseph mumbled and then paused before admitting he was having “a senior moment”.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 18, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »
Culture is not static; it is dynamic and ever changing. The Trinidad I grew up in during the 60's is not the one I return to annually.  Having said that, I would return to live  back home in a heart beat:I need to procure a residence of my own and adjust back to the lifestyle.

Reintegration back into one's  familiar culture  does take  a physical, emotional and mental adjustment. I have worked for BP,  in a capacity of preparing  workers for a culture other than their own and have also worked with integrating folks who have been abroad to readjust in coming back.

It is not a given that people  automatically walk back into a culture without noticing differences in the way  simple transactions occur.  In its' simplistic sense , If one is prepared to accept what is without defaulting or comparing to  another, movement is a whole lot easier. No one lives in a vacuum not are all insular or void of the threat  of crime; pothole and traffic congestion exist  in N.America as is TNT. When I note the  challenges that these larger nations are facing with infrastructure, rapid advancements in technology and crime, then I could at times understand the  dilemma that TNT is up against.

Bottom line: Is TNT a perfect Place? no are there people living relatively comfortable lifestyles in TNT ? yes? Is this one that all  nationals  enjoy or have access to? probably not. At the end of the day I believe that it comes to personal choice. If one chooses to accept what is and not what they want it to be, one could decide if that is the place for them.

In my humble opinion, there are many changes which I am not fond of compared to the  days when I lived there. The high probably of  physical harm, the inherent fear of being out late and the conditions of having to live in a house that is barricaded like an imposed prison environment is not the sense of personal freedom as one would know it. However given what it is, would I  consider moving back home YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08:06 AM »
Bwdmc
La Brea man shoot man in head with harpoon
---------------------------------------
Farmer murdered with fish gun
By LAUREL V WILLIAMS Sunday, July 19 2009

A DISPUTE between two La Brea residents yesterday ended in one of them killing the other with a fish gun. Franklyn Millington, 37, was shot in the forehead with the weapon which is used to shoot fish by underwater divers.

The incident happened at about 11.30 am yesterday in front of Harry’s Roti Shop, Southern Main Road, La Brea. Police have since been on the hunt for the assailant who according to a police report, yanked out the fish gun from where it penetrated Millington and fled.

A police report stated that Millington confronted the man on the road and accused him of stealing produce from his garden. Both men were seen arguing with each other and according to the report, it grew heated and Millington ran towards the entrance of the roti shop.

But as he was about to enter the business place, the report stated, the assailant pursued him and fired the fish gun at Millington. The spear of the fish gun which has a pointed end, penetrated Millington’s forehead.

According to the report, the assailant ran towards Millington who had fallen at the entrance to the shop and yanked out the weapon. Millington, a father of two, lay on the ground bleeding from the wound to the forehead. Police officers arrived on the scene and took him to the San Fernando General Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Owner of the roti shop, Roger Harricharan, 32, said he witnessed the incident and told Sunday Newsday: “I was standing outside the shop. Franklyn fell and the man pulled out the spear gun from his face and went off running in the road. My family tried to stop the bleeding with towels but it was no use. He was unconscious.”

Villagers rushed to Millington’s aid but Harricharan said that their attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.

A distraught Harricharan described the killing as senseless and made a passionate plea for the authorities to make a firm commitment to dealing with murders. “This is shocking and stressful. If there were customers around who knows what could have happened to them,” Harricharan said.

At the scene yesterday, police searched for evidence and investigators told the Sunday Newsday that they believe that the assailant has the fish gun. ASP Celestine Phillips of the South Western Division police is spearheading the investigations.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »
Few questions:
How much of the news  is sensational reporting of crime?

Is the crime in TNT  contextual to specific areas and certain elements of society?

With the alleged high incidents of crime, why are foreign nationals still investing in TNT?
Why  ARE VISIBLE FOREIGN NATIONALS choosing to  reside in TNT?

Why are house prices still high?

Is it all doom and gloom for some and not others?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:54:29 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »
Best you go home, live in trinidad unmolested, and where you sure it wont have no school shootings because those kids haven't got guns into the schools yet

vc, ah read a statistic today - the school life expectancy in t&t is 11 years compared to 16 (usa) and 17 (south korea, canada). a 5 to 6 years difference in schooling on average.

doh study school shootings nuh - in t&t de shooter done drop out graduate!! 

:whew: rest easy, school in t&t real safe. dais one less problem.

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
South not so bad !!! :)

1]; } ?>