24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 84887 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #360 on: July 22, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
South not so bad !!! :)

Mackie yuh mention that and it make me smile. After living in south since 1989 my family moving back to the north next year. When I tell yuh it makes me nervous. When I liming in any bar in south, sando, claxton bay, i never feel nervous. In town I am though!
Can't really explain it, because even though I may be up north most weekends I still not comfortable there!
Back in Trini...

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
No, I will not return home to live, but I will continue to visit T&T as often as I can.  There is a longing in my heart but right now, I will remain in Canada. My roots here are too deep (moved to Canada when I was 13 years old).  Been living here over 30 years.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2010, 05:11:57 AM »
This kinda shit could only happen in T&T..... and it happened with all T&T past and present government. Why cant we get someone who really cares about our country and people... WHY !!!

MANNING DEFENDED UDECOTT, HART 45 TIMES
By Andre Bagoo Monday, March 8 2010

BEFORE CALDER Hart resigned as executive chairman in the wake of documents showing links between Hart and a company the Udecott board awarded $820 million in contracts, the Prime Minister Patrick Manning and Cabinet defended Hart and Udecott no less than forty-five times over the course of two years, all the while apparently taking no action to deal with allegations against Hart.

The figures reinforce concerns over the failure of Manning’s Government to address issues of corruption in private State companies, issues that were first raised in 2008 and then consistently stone-walled by the State right up to last week when Hart flew, on a one way ticket, to Ft Lauderdale, Florida, mere hours before his resignation was announced.

Checks done by Newsday disclose that Manning himself praised Hart in a personal capacity no less than four times, even after it was first alleged that Hart’s in-laws once sat as directors of Malaysian firm Sunway Construction Caribbean Limited, the firm that is at work on Udecott’s $820 million Ministry of Legal Affairs Towers in downtown Port-of-Spain.

The allegations dated back to May 23, 2008, when they were first raised by Tabaquite MP Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj in Parliament. Yet that did not stop Manning from praising Hart on April 8, 2009, almost a year later, when both men attended the opening of Udecott’s billion-dollar International Waterfront Centre on Dock Road, Port-of-Spain.

“I want to commend everyone on a job well done,” Manning said. “And of course you will forgive me my dear friends if I specially commend Udecott and Calder Hart, chairman, for the indefatigable efforts they have put in, not just on this project, but the so many others that are springing up all over Trinidad and Tobago.”

The Prime Minister, and Udecott line ministers Emily Gaynor Dick-Forde, the Planning Minister, and Minister of State Tina Gronlund-Nunez, were photographed raising glasses in a toast with Hart on that occasion.

Then, in Parliament on October 21, 2009, Manning defended Hart, casting him as a public official caught up in a battle between the Prime Minister and his detractors during debate on a bill to validate the proceedings of the Uff Commission of Inquiry.

Hitting out at what he called the “tyranny of the lynch mob” he said, “They want to get Calder Hart but let me tell you it is not Calder Hart. It is not Udecott. It is the Prime Minister and the Government that is what they are after!” While the ex-husband of Hart’s wife Sherrine, Carl Khan, had come forward five months earlier to corroborate Maharaj’s allegations, Manning said of those who took Khan’s allegations seriously, “They are not interested in the truth, they prefer to rely on the evidence of a jilted lover.”

This year, on January 7 in Parliament, the Prime Minister said Hart was of the calibre to be appointed to the Integrity Commission. “Don’t rule it out! Don’t rule it out!” he said in cross-talk with MPs.

At the opening of the National Academy for the Performing Arts in November last year, Manning hailed the Udecott chairman and noted, “Many can talk but few can build,” Manning said. “As the Bible says, by their deeds they shall be known.” He called the academy “a masterpiece owned by the people of Trinidad and Tobago.”

But in addition to praising Hart, the Prime Minister has been consistent in his praise of Udecott as a corporation. He defended the company as he resisted calls for a Commission of Inquiry into its affairs in the wake of the sacking of his former Trade Minister Diego Martin West MP Dr Keith Rowley. Rowley had called for Cabinet oversight of Udecott and accountability.

After Rowley was fired under mysterious circumstances, Manning denied that Udecott was acting without adequate Cabinet oversight and also, at a post-Cabinet press briefing at Whitehall on April 24, 2008, denied that Udecott was building a 60-room hotel at the NAPA.

In the face of calls from Rowley — and a wide cross- section of civil society — for a Commission of Inquiry into Udecott, Manning resisted.

On May 9, 2008, he addressed calls for an inquiry by saying in Parliament, “Hurry dog eat raw meat. You have not heard the last word on that.” Days later, on May 12, 2008, he defended special purpose State enterprises like Udecott at a PNM breakfast meeting at the Crowne Plaza, Port-of-Spain, saying companies like Udecott were needed because of “public service bureaucracy”. Even when he announced a Joint Select Committee, and not an inquiry, in a special appearance in the Senate on May 13, 2008, Manning still described allegations against Udecott as “wild, reckless, uninformed statements” and failed to say if the Government had taken steps to investigate the allegations.

When, finally, the Prime Minister capitulated to the calls for an inquiry on May 23, 2008, after Maharaj made his allegations, he still defended Udecott.

“What the Government is trying to do — and it is not Udecott — is to change the established order in the construction sector through the special purpose State enterprise of Udecott. That is what we are trying to do. So, in terms of the policy that Udecott is pursuing, it is a Government policy, and what the Government is trying to do is to change the established order,” he said.

Even after Maharaj’s allegations were made, the Office of the Prime Minister, on July 18, 2008, revealed that the Prime Minister met with officials from Sunway, the same company linked with Hart. The announcement was taken by many as a tacit condoning, by the Prime Minister, of Udecott’s dealings with the company. Later, on October 3, 2008, Manning defended his meeting and confirmed that he had visited Sunway in Malaysia in the company of Dr Lenny Saith and Ken Julien “some time ago.”

During a motion of no-confidence against him on September 12, 2008, Manning again defended Udecott, arguing that criticisms levied against Udecott by the Opposition were designed to deprive the company of work. On August 25, 2009, Manning defended Udecott, characterising concerns over it thus, “The dispute that has erupted between Udecott and others is nothing more than an attempt by Udecott to bring about change.”

While the Prime Minister took the lead on beating down any attempts to question the propriety of what has transpired at one of this country’s most powerful State enterprises, his Cabinet members were equally vocal disciples of his Udecott worship.

On May 2, 2008, Dick-Forde said at the launch of a household survey that she was not aware of any problems with Udecott’s projects or irregularities with its tender procedures. On May 6, 2008, Minister in the Ministry of Finance Mariano Browne said at a Red House press conference, “I myself don’t have any specific difficulties with the issue of transparency at Udecott at this stage.”

At a Whitehall press briefing on May 8, 2008, Works and Transport Minister Colm Imbert even questioned the need for a commission of inquiry, asking, “Why should there be a commission of inquiry into Udecott? And why should there be a forensic audit into Udecott?” He shot down calls for in inquiry, arguing that a Parliamentary Joint Select Committee (JSC) was more transparent than an inquiry. Browne, on May 16, 2008, supported this, arguing that a JSC was “more robust” than a commission of inquiry.

At a press conference at the Old Fire Station Building, Port-of-Spain, on May 19, Saith, Imbert, Dick-Forde and Information Minister Neil Parsanlal all down-played concerns over Udecott.

On June, 5, 2008, Imbert called Maharaj’s allegations “in the realm of speculation” and did not say if the Government would investigate them.

On May 14, 2008, the Udecott board broke its silence, arguing that the company was transparent and accountable, as the Government looked on. On May 21, 2008 board member and Independent Senator Michael Annisette called for a JSC.

But days later, the Government appeared to make an about turn, appointing an inquiry, however, Manning named former Integrity Commission chairman Gordon Deane as chairman, notwithstanding his role in the Keith Rowley Landate affair.

As the Government came under further attack, the Cabinet went on the offensive. On June 9, 2008, Browne argued that Udecott’s critics were people acting in “self interest”. Even when Imbert named a new chairman to the inquiry, Professor John Uff, he said allegations against Udecott “will lead to further misinformation in the public domain.”

Amidst this steady stream of Udecott backing, the Government quietly continued to award new work to Udecott, especially under Health Minister Jerry Narace.

As if she sensed the need to justify this, and to justify the failure of Udecott to address allegations against it as it had promised it would, Dick-Forde said at a post-Cabinet press briefing at Whitehall, “We have to wait until Udecott is ready...I don’t see governance requires that I tell them what to do.”

Days after the Government announced the full line-up for the inquiry, Dick-Forde said of Udecott’s critics in Parliament on September 12, 2008, “I don’t know if it’s tabanca they have, that’s why they are attacking Udecott.”

The “tabanca” was so bad that Government senators on September 23, 2008, were driven to protecting Hart in the Senate from allegations made by Senator Wade Mark. After he claimed Hart got a cash payment of $27 million on the eve of the 2007 General Election, Government senators, including Hazel Manning and Conrad Enill, voted against extending Mark’s speaking time. That same day, in a written answer to a Parliamentary question, Dick-Forde refused to disclose the contract for the billion-dollar Waterfront project due to a “confidentiality provision.”

Days later, on September 29, 2008, she said, “Udecott has been under full fire for nearly the full year that I have been the minister and despite this my experience remains that Udecott remains among the best performing agencies in the Government.”

The Cabinet provoked further uproar when, in February 2009, it emerged that it had refused to approve fees for the commission of inquiry’s forensic expert Scotsman Gerry McCaffrey.

The proceedings of the commission had by then gotten under way, but there were signs that the State was failing to reign in lawyers working for State enterprises who appeared to have been frustrating the inquiry.

On August 27, 2009, Imbert denied that Udecott was trying to derail the inquiry, even as the company was preparing a series of court challenges against the commissioners. The Udecott board, amidst these legal moves insisted on their legal rights. At the same time, on October 6, 2009, National Security Minister Martin Joseph told the Senate that companies like Udecott would not be captured under new proceeds of crime legislation.

By October 15, 2009, Dick-Forde was once more on the defensive, this time saying, “There is absolutely no evidence that the head of Sunway is the brother- in-law of Calder Hart...I have met various directors of Sunway and I am certain that none of them are the brother-in-law of Calder Hart.”

The minister appeared to have not had at her disposal the public documents which appear to now demonstrate otherwise and which emerged last week.

But most notably, through the entire saga, the Government has made a point of attacking Rowley in the wake of him first raising the Udecott issue.

In addition to allegations of missing millions at the Cleaver Heights housing project in Arima, Manning has attacked Rowley on a personal level. In Parliament on October 22, 2009, as he defended Hart once more, he threw barbs at Rowley. He called him, in mafia Italian, “capo di tutti cappi” or “boss of all bosses”.

But the real boss was the Udecott boss, himself apparently bosom buddies with the boss of all bosses at the Office of the Prime Minister.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »
I have relatives who have been living in the US for 30+ years, all professionals, and all talking about returning to T & T..

I studied in the US, and never regretted returning to Trinidad after grad..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W05DLMBmv34
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
jus cool know the scene, we from the same area, it dont get worse than that, unless you in san paulo or joberg, people just talking for show.

everyone should post which part of trini they grow up or family is from and then we could judge by their repsonses.

in fact we should put up how much of their friends get rob and kill, shot, kidnap.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »
jus cool know the scene, we from the same area, it dont get worse than that, unless you in san paulo or joberg, people just talking for show.

everyone should post which part of trini they grow up or family is from and then we could judge by their repsonses.

in fact we should put up how much of their friends get rob and kill, shot, kidnap.

I born in Pashley St Laventille grow up in San Juan went 2 school in San Juan. I go 2 church in Morvant d area where Sean Francis run he racket. 1 of my best yutes was raped/her fther murdered all in d last yr and a 1/2. It was in dat same community dat she was able to get an education which insured she got a degree have a govt home and now a wife and mother of 2 boys. If she was in San Paulo or Joberg would d story end d same.

So TNT far from perfect but we eh no Jberg or S Paulo.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
born - second caledonia morvant
moved to another are in morvant. still livin there
most of my family from tobago

was NEVER robbed, shot or kidnapped

freinds/relatives robbed = 0
friends/relatives raped = 0
friends/relatives killed/shot = 0

I give thanks to d Most High for dis all d time

probably if i was livin somewhere else, my story might have been different  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »
born - second caledonia morvant
moved to another are in morvant. still livin there
most of my family from tobago

was NEVER robbed, shot or kidnapped

freinds/relatives robbed = 0
friends/relatives raped = 0
friends/relatives killed/shot = 0

I give thanks to d Most High for dis all d time

probably if i was livin somewhere else, my story might have been different  :-\
Born in POS general. raised between laventille and EDR, went to school for ah while in town before migrating, came back and went to school in belmont amongst real bad fellas.
run east dry river and laventille, know it like the palm of meh hand.

friends and relatives robbed = every one of my square breddren @ one time or the other got robbed, some multiple times, coupple of relatives too.

friends and relatives raped = three.
friends and relatives shot and survive. = lemme see= big boy, slick rick, titus, crabby, and meh nutsman breddren( don't want tuh call his name).
friends and family shot and killed.= TH. JH. PH AH. DS, MD, FT, BW, CT, RM, BT, KZ, KP, PD, NK.  and i sure i forgot ah few. 

i  also give thanks and praise to the highest for saving and preserving the good friends and relatives we still have with us.

yuh ever hear the saying, go poor luck eh see poor luck? trinidad bad no arse, and ppl doh want tuh come back and live in ah society where they can't even trust the police, where every lil snat nose punk could pose ah serious threat to law abiding citizens, including yuh self and yuh love ones. who needs that??

not even the police safe. look here. = http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161605920
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »

I born in Pashley St Laventille grow up in San Juan went 2 school in San Juan. I go 2 church in Morvant d area where Sean Francis run he racket. 1 of my best yutes was raped/her fther murdered all in d last yr and a 1/2. It was in dat same community dat she was able to get an education which insured she got a degree have a govt home and now a wife and mother of 2 boys. If she was in San Paulo or Joberg would d story end d same.

So TNT far from perfect but we eh no Jberg or S Paulo.
WE eh no denmak or wimipeg either!! trinidadians eh have no forkin shame nah, the place out ah controll and they talkin bout, we eh so bad, when it forkin bad no arse!!!

seems like ppl cyar say nothing critical about there now, BC the forum police will be there tuh set us fresh water loud mouths straight.

but doh worry, iz only ah matter of time till the filth come crawling up to allyuh door step. keep livin in denial.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 11, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »
Just Cool,
               I live in EDR for 6 yrs. From 71 to 77.One of the best time of my life.  East of the DR was always rough. But they also had bright people. Honest people. I could have walked any hour of the day or night to the Hill to Nelson street to Gonzales, St Francois Valley rd, Belmont valley road, La Cour harp. Pashley street.  No problem. None of my family ever get molested, threatened or shot(fingers crossed, please Father). But now. It BAD. I agree with JC. From up here in foreign it appears locals in denial. I still can't digest some KILLERS can MURDER a family of 4 including the children in Gonzales, and it appears that TT taking it in stride. That is the norm. I can't deal with that. Sorry if I appear to be a bourgeois now.

It APPEARS to me that the current admin.(Patrick) shows no empathy for the victims of unwanted vicious crime. That socalled born again. You is PM, not a ....... priest. You supposed to take charge and show the nation that you care. All you care is about your appearances on the world stage. An the real SAD part it is your(PNM) constituency, where the bulk of these murders are taking place and you appears not to give a .............

JC only the black people in denial.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:52:52 PM by Deeks »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2010, 12:54:34 AM »
Just Cool,
               I live in EDR for 6 yrs. From 71 to 77.One of the best time of my life.  East of the DR was always rough. But they also had bright people. Honest people. I could have walked any hour of the day or night to the Hill to Nelson street to Gonzales, St Francois Valley rd, Belmont valley road, La Cour harp. Pashley street.  No problem. None of my family ever get molested, threatened or shot(fingers crossed, please Father). But now. It BAD. I agree with JC. From up here in foreign it appears locals in denial. I still can't digest some KILLERS can MURDER a family of 4 including the children in Gonzales, and it appears that TT taking it in stride. That is the norm. I can't deal with that. Sorry if I appear to be a bourgeois now.

It APPEARS to me that the current admin.(Patrick) shows no empathy for the victims of unwanted vicious crime. That socalled born again. You is PM, not a ....... priest. You supposed to take charge and show the nation that you care. All you care is about your appearances on the world stage. An the real SAD part it is your(PNM) constituency, where the bulk of these murders are taking place and you appears not to give a .............

Are u aware that there is a victim support uunit where victims of crime is being compensated up 2 $25,000? As 4 we not being Winnepeg neva said we were but we were being called Joberg. How we in denial if we livin here and people we know gettin kill. We eh say it is an acceptable situation but if Steups livin Morvant and nutten eh happen 2 she and she family she in denial.

The reality is dem yutes who gettin gun down is bandit soo once yuh eh a bandit yuh probability of being alive is as good as anywhere else. So all stay up north and leave we in we mess.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »
Just Cool,

Are u aware that there is a victim support uunit where victims of crime is being compensated up 2 $25,000? As 4 we not being Winnepeg neva said we were but we were being called Joberg. How we in denial if we livin here and people we know gettin kill. We eh say it is an acceptable situation but if Steups livin Morvant and nutten eh happen 2 she and she family she in denial.

The reality is dem yutes who gettin gun down is bandit soo once yuh eh a bandit yuh probability of being alive is as good as anywhere else. So all stay up north and leave we in we mess.
Every thing you typed was filled wid emotional hang ups! i'm not saying that there are no ppl who are un-scathe by crime, i would never be so simple.

there is such ah thing, BC there are ppl who never had ah solitary bad experience wid crime and criminals, but for every one, there are two or three who would say that crime has come to their door step, even those who reside in a good neighborhoods or a gated community.

my beef with crime in TNT is the random nature therof! ah fella could leave his yard tuh work and fall into a life altering crime situation without ever being involved or even knowing one solitary criminal, it's that easy in trinidad.

as for only bandit getting killed / gunned down is utter rubbish!!! as ah matter of fact, most of the violent crime committed in trinidad over the past few yrs were random in nature.

man lose they life over an argument with a total stranger, woman get gun down buying CD's, man killin they woman over domestic dispute, lil girl gets somdomized and killed, fella coming from work and get shot BC he was working in the wrong neighborhood! and there are manny more incidents like that, but it would take all night tuh post.

ah guess the police fella and his friend who was killed in troumaque was bandits or gang bangers?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2010, 08:24:42 AM »
Just Cool,

Every thing you typed was filled wid emotional hang ups! i'm not saying that there are no ppl who are un-scathe by crime, i would never be so simple.

there is such ah thing, BC there are ppl who never had ah solitary bad experience wid crime and criminals, but for every one, there are two or three who would say that crime has come to their door step, even those who reside in a good neighborhoods or a gated community.

my beef with crime in TNT is the random nature therof! ah fella could leave his yard tuh work and fall into a life altering crime situation without ever being involved or even knowing one solitary criminal, it's that easy in trinidad.

as for only bandit getting killed / gunned down is utter rubbish!!! as ah matter of fact, most of the violent crime committed in trinidad over the past few yrs were random in nature.

man lose they life over an argument with a total stranger, woman get gun down buying CD's, man killin they woman over domestic dispute, lil girl gets somdomized and killed, fella coming from work and get shot BC he was working in the wrong neighborhood! and there are manny more incidents like that, but it would take all night tuh post.

ah guess the police fella and his friend who was killed in troumaque was bandits or gang bangers?

Apperently u d not understand the meaning of the world majority.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »
agree with deeks - plenty ostrich-like behaviour in t&t.

in t&t, my friends/family have experienced ALL of de above. where i am now, de worst is petty theft.

a next item is healthcare. friends/family of mine have had their life ended or shortened by healthcare in t&t. the healthcare where i am now have added DECADES of good quality life to my friends/family - if they hadda stay in t&t they woulda dead.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »
Weary, there's no mention of the word " MAJORITY" in your post, so don't try tuh recover an already captured statement. here what you said in bolded red letters.

Just Cool,

So what sayest you now? there was no "MAJORITY "IN YOUR STATEMENT! yuh just painting wid ah broad brush hoping no one would notice. remember , i does be in trini, and i does see and get all the news of what taking place on the rock, so i'm very much in the know, maybe more than you.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »

Ah home now kinda unemployed so ah liming as usual.

The following happen in the space of 3 days.

Friday I was supposed to meet 2 friends by Dons in the valley for legal limit drinks but when I reached the road was full of cars and I decide to move the lime to Darren's down the road. One of my friends was there already so he had to drive down to Darren's when he reach the frist thing he tell mih is that trinis too full of hate. What happened is when he went to his car a man and woman were talking next to his car and they had put thier food on his trunk so he tell them he leaving and they should remove the food then he went in the car and start it , the man get vex and tell him he willbuss he effing windscreen and then shoot him if he let the food fall. Imagine that!

Saturday I parking mih car by Steve's in St James and a Hilux in a big hurry decide to rush past mih whilst I backing into the spot and brush mih car. The driver just continue on and to top it off wind down he window and flip the sign at mih, my car only get a small scratch so I ent bother although it almost make me go over the leagl alcohol limit.

Today I went Hi Lo to get bread and some liqour because I decide ah should do more limimg home it have 2 traffic lights for mih to pass to get there, I count no fewer than 6 cars that blatantly run the red lights.

Now this is on the road, these people may not be bandits and more than likely are just citizen joes but it just goes to show the kind off uncontrollable lawlessness that we desending into , police cant be everywhere and people have to be disciplined but this have to be one of the most indisciplined countries in the world.

Man and woman in here that putting they head in the sand are also part of the problem.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2010, 12:07:40 PM »

Ah home now kinda unemployed so ah liming as usual.

The following happen in the space of 3 days.

Friday I was supposed to meet 2 friends by Dons in the valley for legal limit drinks but when I reached the road was full of cars and I decide to move the lime to Darren's down the road. One of my friends was there already so he had to drive down to Darren's when he reach the frist thing he tell mih is that trinis too full of hate. What happened is when he went to his car a man and woman were talking next to his car and they had put thier food on his trunk so he tell them he leaving and they should remove the food then he went in the car and start it , the man get vex and tell him he willbuss he effing windscreen and then shoot him if he let the food fall. Imagine that!

Saturday I parking mih car by Steve's in St James and a Hilux in a big hurry decide to rush past mih whilst I backing into the spot and brush mih car. The driver just continue on and to top it off wind down he window and flip the sign at mih, my car only get a small scratch so I ent bother although it almost make me go over the leagl alcohol limit.

Today I went Hi Lo to get bread and some liqour because I decide ah should do more limimg home it have 2 traffic lights for mih to pass to get there, I count no fewer than 6 cars that blatantly run the red lights.

Now this is on the road, these people may not be bandits and more than likely are just citizen joes but it just goes to show the kind off uncontrollable lawlessness that we desending into , police cant be everywhere and people have to be disciplined but this have to be one of the most indisciplined countries in the world.

Man and woman in here that putting they head in the sand are also part of the problem.

where yuh get that phrase from boi?
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:53 PM »
agree with deeks - plenty ostrich-like behaviour in t&t.

in t&t, my friends/family have experienced ALL of de above. where i am now, de worst is petty theft.

a next item is healthcare. friends/family of mine have had their life ended or shortened by healthcare in t&t. the healthcare where i am now have added DECADES of good quality life to my friends/family - if they hadda stay in t&t they woulda dead.

Just as you are paying for that health care where you are you can do that in T&T. My sister called me a couple years ago and told me my dad get some pain in his chest and he gone to the hospital (SanDo). By the time I call back he done see the doctor on the ward get tests done and awaiting result. I don'r even think he spent the night.

Went to the hospital here in the states to pick up a friend and there was a woman waiting (looking real splendid). Eventually we started talking and she told me that was the 2nd hospital she had been to and had not seen a doctor. The 1st one she waited about 3 hours and this one she had already waited 45 minutes. She said at the 1st there was a guy bleeding and he was waiting for over 1/2 hour.

Two days ago my mom called and said how one of our friend here in the US is on life support. She was having her baby and went into a coma and they did not put her on any Oygen. They cut her and took the baby and 2 hours after they still had not put her on oxygen. They finally placed her on oxygen and now she is on life support with no chance of recovering ( she is basically dead already).

My daughter went to the Doctor who sent her to get a lung Xray to see if she had pnuemonia. They never called with the results. We happened to get an appoiuntment wrong and went back to the doctor. We ask them what about the results and they replied )"oh yeah, she's okay."

A friend of our son had a wreck a couple years ago and other people were on the scene and not one person helped him. He was in the car calling ou to them to help him and not one person lifted a finger. By the time the EMT response got there and got him out he was dead.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »

where yuh get that phrase from boi?

I going Algeria and work later this year in the middle of the Sahara .... so I guess I got sand on mih mind.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #380 on: March 14, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »
my grandmother just came back from a funeral home, spent most of her time in the edr, every night she goes to sleep with gun shots, during the night is gunshots and also in the early morning hours, tactical or no tactical, the plannings hot 24/7 on upper and lower nelson, up the hill is the same, duncan and prince just as bad, in fact man dont even go over in the plannings on some days coz is real pace.

so i dont know what people are talking about, take a trip up to curepe and st augustine, in the back by the ZONE, everyday man getting it in the back dey, my friend survived to tell, he padnah wasnt so lucky,st joseph is different now and i could continue going all the way to arima where i also have alot of family.

thank God for life and my family's life bc some people not living in the worst part of town or have family there for donkey years, this is not the 70s nor is it north america

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »

doh mind dem nah fish! like yuh said, ppl have their heads embedded in the sewer! fuss dey in denial. ah few yrs aback i went to ah bar in st anns, i eh go call the name of the place. i was backin up tuh leave the parking lot when ah wild man taxi pull up behind meh, he jump out his car and started cussin and carring on, i then told the fella ,  "yow , i eh even touch yuh ride bro," as ah matter of fact it was him who was irresponsible on that drive.

dude came out his car with one leg still inside the vehicle talking all kinda gun talk, i told dude i eh here for dat, and he should take his demon elsewhere, the man then pull ah revolver from nowhere and ask me tuh repeat meh self again.

as yuh know i ate humble pie that night, barely escaping wid meh life. funny how the world small eh, one of my terrible gun men now deceased cousins and i went down st james for ah roti and ran into the same taxi driver, i told meh cousin what dude did tuh me earlier in the week, and meh cousin board him. every body knew my primo was ah wicked gun man so mr bad man taxi driver apologized wit ah quickness, which really wasn't necessary, i just wanted tuh turn the table on him so he could experience the same vulnerable feelin.

but fish yuh right wid every thing yuh said. the place full ah imps and lawless ppl! i had a few bad experiences just droping in and out of TNT, and i does tell ppl," i feel 100% safer in NYC than smack in the middle of the police barrack!"

too much guns in the wrong hands in dat place, and ppl not afraid tuh use it. unlike here in NYC where ah fella would think twice, or where ah simple apology would suffice, down there fellas just too forkin trigger happy for me, and want tuh experience what it's like just tuh shoot someone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »
my grandmother just came back from a funeral home, spent most of her time in the edr, every night she goes to sleep with gun shots, during the night is gunshots and also in the early morning hours, tactical or no tactical, the plannings hot 24/7 on upper and lower nelson, up the hill is the same, duncan and prince just as bad, in fact man dont even go over in the plannings on some days coz is real pace.

so i dont know what people are talking about, take a trip up to curepe and st augustine, in the back by the ZONE, everyday man getting it in the back dey, my friend survived to tell, he padnah wasnt so lucky,st joseph is different now and i could continue going all the way to arima where i also have alot of family.

thank God for life and my family's life bc some people not living in the worst part of town or have family there for donkey years, this is not the 70s nor is it north america
Doh mind dem TI, right in my old neighborhood fellas does be passin wid they big gun in dey hand in broad day light! in dey forkin hand! not concealed! in dey doggone hand!!

every night iz gun shots, ppl cyar sleep, and another thing i heard is that fellas just kickin down ppl door @ night and coming in their house either tuh rob or kill.

laventille, sealots, betham, jj, picton, never dirty, vagas, malick, belmont valley road, gonzales, quarry st, st john street, chafford, dondonald hill, laventille road (sanjuan), mightower, mt door,covien, nelson street, duncun st, mango rose, barth st, basilon st, just tuh name ah few. just ask them ppl if trinidad safe and then wait for the reply.

ppl who talkin dat eh livin in no hot spot.

now i not saying that NYC is ah paradise and crime don't occur here, NYC was real bad @ one time, and ppl had watch out, but it wasn't as brazen and the criminals had some dignity about the way they commited crime, them ting doh happen here like that no mo!

TNT have the highest rape stats in the caribbean, and the highest kidnappin stats as well, so how could anyone compare there with here, when yuh can't even drive for two blocks without ah seat belt here, that's how on top of things the police are. lawlessness iz no longer tolerated here!

PS: iz chadee your family? they live right on the corner of piccadilly and jackson hill.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:50:57 PM by just cool »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #383 on: March 14, 2010, 08:05:35 PM »
tt is worse than ever in my opinion but alot of people dont want to admit it bc of their affiliations and pride. but say wha, thats them, i always choose to deal with the reality of the situation especially where my family is from.

jc were on picadilly but chadee is not my family though. check yuh pm
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:11:12 PM by Controversial »

truetrini

« Reply #384 on: March 15, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »
How come all dem areas you call JC is mainly like 99% black people how come de indian areas eh so?

and ah real like de part about how de criminals had dignity about dey criminal activity..lol

yuh is ah real kicks man oui.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 15, 2010, 06:16:26 PM »
How come all dem areas you call JC is mainly like 99% black people how come de indian areas eh so?

and ah real like de part about how de criminals had dignity about dey criminal activity..lol

You know the answer tuh dat! them neighborhoods wasn't always like that, as ah matter of fact, iz dem neighborhoods who put trinidad and tobago on the map!

steel pan came from there,the best of carnival and mass came from there, our cultural and musical expressions for the most part came from there, as well as many sports figures.

the problem iz, the government abandon those areas ah long time ago, allowing crack tuh permeate in those areas together with a lack of opportunities.

another thing, indians , chinese and syrians, never had tuh deal wid what we had tuh deal with as ah ppl. i remember my grandmother had tuh struggle to earn 5 chillings ah week, they lived in ah small one room house in basilon street, when she died, she left her kids with zilch!!!

they in turn had tuh struggle just to get by. my mudda told me that she and her brothers went to school bare foot, and many nights they went to sleep hungry as all hell, and yuh want tuh know something funny? this was almost the norm amongst the ppl in these areas, extreme poverty!

don't forget, indians and chinese ppl came here with their culture, they also had money tuh buy land no matter how little it was. the ppl who had it real hard was the Amerindians and the former slaves, the british eh give them as much ah ah possey tuh piss in, that's how heartless and cold them colonial masters was.

if you believe that black ppl doh want nothing good, then what yuh actually saying iz, we are genetically predisposed tuh crime, then yuh opening up ah whole new pandora's box! which would excuse colonialism and slavery's role in this, as well as ah lack of culture and family structure, which was taken away from african ppl the day they braced these shores.

this is ah social problem, and nothing more. yuh take away family structure, cultural expressions, language, land, and what are you left with? chaos and i'll behavior!

just look @ the africans who come here with the exception of some nigerian crooks, they are hard working highly ambitious studious ppl with ah high level of education, they totally out do their breddren in the african diaspora in terms of academic achievements and structure.

another example is the maroons of jamaica especially accompong town. they are basically a community of black ppl who happened to retain some of their culture, and was isolated from the fangs of the colonial british. they have a very peaceful existence, they work hard and farm the land, their community is also free from the poverty and crime that plagued the rest of the black demographic on the island, with one murder in 271 yrs.

so i guess the indians had the same kind of advantages the maroon and our african brothers have, which is true community and culture.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:40:24 PM by just cool »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 15, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »
just cool not here to debate or argue with your posts but most of the indentured workers (indians you referring to in yuh last post) did not come to T&T with "money" (like you said)..

they even worked for minimum wages in the cane fields and settled in the most rural parts of of Trinidad..

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 15, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »

this is ah social problem, and nothing more. yuh take away family structure, cultural expressions, language, land, and what are you left with? chaos and i'll behavior!

totally agree wid dis statement breds!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
just cool not here to debate or argue with your posts but most of the indentured workers (indians you referring to in yuh last post) did not come to T&T with "money" (like you said)..

they even worked for minimum wages in the cane fields and settled in the most rural parts of of Trinidad..

My grandmother said that her father was not allowed to have a hindi wedding. Back in the day it was illegal . Most indentured workers were treated very badly. and they had very little money.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 15, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »

My grandmother said that her father was not allowed to have a hindi wedding. Back in the day it was illegal . Most indentured workers were treated very badly. and they had very little money.

I know..Trinis who know their country history well, would know the hardships that different races in T&T had to endure back in those colonist times..but obviously we have progressed and hopefully we can progress further as Trinbagonians. I dont mind talking and learning about different aspects/elements/cultural blends that made my country unique today..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:52:11 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>