24 (42.1%)
Not me
8 (14%)
Only If certain things change
24 (42.1%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Will you return home to live ?  (Read 83824 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Will you return home to live ?
« Reply #510 on: March 09, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
On the flip side, would you leave T&T now to start over somewhere else?  A pardna of mine in his early 30's got his Canadian permanent resident visa, quit his managerial position at a leading private-sector company, sold all his shit and flew up to the "greener pastures" of Toronto......2 years later he is yet to find a job, living in his sister's basement and counting his pennies.....

Why he didn't try to secure a job before he did all of that? People doh tink yes. And ah sure is pride keeping him in Canada.

canada have a entrenched protectionist streak. dey have all kind of engineer and doctor driving cab in TO. lining up a job in this economy in canada in toronto eh easy. alberta is a bit easier but it slowing down. anyway, this generation doh have it easy at all for that first job.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 12, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »
Hospital horrors for highway crash victims
...say they were asked to find own transportation from Chaguanas Health Centre to Mt Hope becasue the x-ray equipment was not working. Case to be investigated by North Central Regional Health Authority
By INNIS FRANCIS innis.francis@trinidadexpress.com

FOUR people who survived a highway crash that killed
their American friend last Friday, were dropped off at the
Chaguanas Health Centre by fire fighters, then told by a nurse to
find their own way to the Mt Hope Hospital for further
treatment.

The victims, who had to telephone a friend to get transportation,
said they are outraged by the callous way they were treated.
Told of the incident, chairman of the North Central Regional Health
Authority (NCRHA) Dr Shehenaz Mohammed apologised and
asked that the group write a formal complaint so it could be
investigated.

New Yorker Ernst Lorquet, 37, died last Friday morning, when the mini bus in which he was a passenger, crashed when a trye blew
while travelling along the north bound lane of the Uriah Butler Highway near the Divali Nagar site.

Surviving the crash were Janella Lashley, 31, brothers Wayne, 45, and Corey Young, 38, Jamila Hoyte, and driver Andre Roseman. The group were on their way to the Tobago Ferry Terminal, in Port of Spain to take the boat to Tobago to spend the weekend.

Lashley, who was visiting from Barbados, said she had never felt so insulted by any government worker, when she and the other victims were taken to the Chaguanas Health Facility. She said when they got there at around 5.30a.m. a nurse said the hospital was closed and the x-ray machine was not working.

Lashley said: “A nurse in a white uniform told us we had to go to Mt Hope for them to perform the x-ray there. The nurse said it was only 15 minutes away to that hospital. They said (Hoyte) had a broken arm and she was the only person that could be transported in the one ambulance that was available"

Lashley said Hoyte’s boyfriend begged to accompany her in the ambulance but the nurse said she was over 18-years-old and there was no need for anyone to accompany her. Lashley said she called a friend who took an hour to get to the Chaguanas hospital. It was only then, that the four were taken to Mt Hope.

Lashley "we had to deal with all of this knowing that our friend had died. The health system in Trinidad is messed up. I have never experienced so much disrespect and unprofessionalism in all my life".

Mohammed said that a team of NCRHA board members, and staff from Chaguanas Mayor’s office visited the Chaguanas health facility only one day before the incident to discuss “poor staff attitude and the radiology equipment.”

She said: “It is quite disturbing that this has happened a day after we visited. We would like the patients to write a formal complaint to the hospital’s CEO outlining what had happen. We are beyond talk now. We talked enough. The patients have to help us manage and fix the problems. There is much more good than bad there, but bad is not acceptable. We have to improve the bad or remove it.”

Lashley left for Barbados yesterday.
The Young brothers, are US nationals living in Brooklyn. Wayne Young is being treated at the Gulf View Medical Centre, for serious injuries to the right leg, and it is costing $1000 a day, he said.
Corey Young, Roseman and Hoyte are being treated at the Mt Hope Hospital.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 12, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »
mt hope ct machine was down for a while and all were comin into POS..
Still think our Xray machine down in POS and only the AandE one working. We send the outpatients to st james for xrays

2 months in and every day i shocked at how comfortable our seniors seem to be with the inefficiencies of the system at POSGh (can't speak for anywhere else)
Simple changes could make massive differences
Back in Trini...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 12, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »
mt hope ct machine was down for a while and all were comin into POS..
Still think our Xray machine down in POS and only the AandE one working. We send the outpatients to st james for xrays

2 months in and every day i shocked at how comfortable our seniors seem to be with the inefficiencies of the system at POSGh (can't speak for anywhere else)
Simple changes could make massive differences

That right there is sad. I hope you could one to recommend the required changes once you gain some experience under your belt because it seems like we take things for granted :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #514 on: March 13, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »
by the votes and responses people are not in a rush to go home... cant blame them

with the police and hospitals in the state they are, who wants to risk it...

when the nation get their act together, then people will come back but then again, what the hell will you do? there won't be enough jobs for everyone, unless you plan to retire or open a business... if all the trini ex pats went back home it would be chaos... people would have to fight for jobs and the island is too small with little opportunities...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »
The posts on this thread are getting to a higher level. I've been thinking of this for many, many years now. Home is paradise. It is everything that I love and makes me feel good. One thing I struggle with is that it don't seem like Trini as a society really about anything. Or maybe I am lost by being in babylon too long.

I have been asking myself that same question about out here. I look at people who "have it all" and people "who doh have anything" and wonder what's this society about.  I don't know, but sometime here I feel like I'm spinning top on mud.

how long you outside kounty...i out here 15 years ...i can't believe is so long

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »
by the votes and responses people are not in a rush to go home... cant blame them

when the nation get their act together, then people will come back but then again, what the hell will you do? there won't be enough jobs for everyone, unless you plan to retire or open a business... if all the trini ex pats went back home it would be chaos... people would have to fight for jobs and the island is too small with little opportunities...

i would think that some have to go home though, if only to try to force change from within.  nytriniwhiteboy is just one of a few pres doctors that i know of who trained and studied abroad and went back home to work.  one of my old schoolmates complains alot (he trained in canada). i for one willing to go back home at least or a little while if the right conditions (i.e. job in my field) present themselves

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #517 on: April 07, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
Just an addition to a previous point

John and Mary have a baby on the way. They currently rent an apartment in western Trinidad for close to $4,000 a month. They have been living there for the past two years. They have been married for 4, but have been together for closer to 10. Both are educated professionals in their early 30s with a combined montly income of above $20,000, have good credit and a track record of repaying their loans. But Mary says it seems this is not enough to qualify for financing for a home of their own.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business-guardian/2014-04-06/middle-class-syndrome-homeownership-possibility

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 02, 2014, 04:16:56 AM »
On the flip side, would you leave T&T now to start over somewhere else?  A pardna of mine in his early 30's got his Canadian permanent resident visa, quit his managerial position at a leading private-sector company, sold all his shit and flew up to the "greener pastures" of Toronto......2 years later he is yet to find a job, living in his sister's basement and counting his pennies.....

There's this ...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 02, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »

Yea, but calculate de per capital, add de crime, de police brutality, de schooling and then de corruption by all de leaders and see where better.

T&T have temporary construction jobs and most of de time, de Chinese sucking that up to.

No long term plans for the youths of T&T and de older heads on a power trip.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 02, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »
They all suffer from delusions of grandeur. Case in point Robinson's prolonged send off

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 02, 2014, 08:07:20 PM »
T&T problem is people like alyuh who could only point to problems. "Whey look at that how bad, look at this how bad." Hell close alyuh eyes nah.

Lift ah fricking finger to help nah. Wait, leh me guess " dem eh wah no help."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 02, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
Homie, are you green? Do you know what was the biggest talking point in the country today? Bunji and Fay ann's appearance on 106 and park. Another one was why was Fay Ann there in the first place. All this occuring during a time when the Attorney General is being accused of fraud and misbehaviour in public office. These people see what they want to see. How much times can you try to educate a people.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 03, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
Homie, are you green? Do you know what was the biggest talking point in the country today? Bunji and Fay ann's appearance on 106 and park. Another one was why was Fay Ann there in the first place. All this occuring during a time when the Attorney General is being accused of fraud and misbehaviour in public office. These people see what they want to see. How much times can you try to educate a people.

So what if people talking about Bunji and Fay Ann what wrong with that. They should sit and brood. Over half of the US population ignorant about their politics, so what. Most doh even bother to vote. Look how many ah dem still believe that Obama eh have a US birth
certificate.

Note: While final exact figures for 2012 are yet to be calculated, the Bipartisan Research Center has stated that turnout for 2012 was 57.5 percent of the eligible voters, which they claim was a decline from 2008. They estimate that as a percent of eligible voters, turn out was: 2000, 54.2%; in 2004 60.4%; 2008 62.3%; and 2012 57.5%.[3] These were the same figures as given by the Center for the Study of the American Electorate.[4]
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #524 on: May 03, 2014, 10:30:01 PM »
carnival is good for me... dealing with locals is like hitting your head against a wall... most back home feel they know what is best, not willing to listen to advice and work together as a team, trini breeds individuals and not teams... why would you go back to that?

what is there to gain from know it alls and people who say one thing and the next day they don't follow through... most back home like it the way it is... hence the monopoly, bc if they keep it that way, less competition and it keeps out the ex pats from coming back...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: May 04, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
Just came back on Wednesday after about two weeks- Trinidad and Tobago holiday- I moved about from East West North South of both islands with relative ease. Enjoyed the beaches and the movements in social activities. Now would I move back- big big decision- why? Well for one,  home is not the same as I knew it nor did I expect things to remain static. I have come to accept many of the ways in which daily interactions and business is conducted in the home culture. Know different has certainly  impacted my views. However, the intrinsic feelings of being in what seems like and feels like a part of you is indescribable.

On the other hand, there remains the overhanging 'cloud' of having to  live with your confined home as if you were in a self imposed prison. That is disheartening. I am not sure that given my 'senior' citizen' age that I could take on the copious line ups in government  and banking institutions nor the bureaucracy associated with getting official things completed. That to me would mean adjusting once more to ' how things get done' simply put.

Given all things- if I had the access to a house and the amenities as I now have, I would seriously consider moving back to TnT. I enjoy the ease of social interactions- the familiar- the opportunities to  sporting and cultural events- the weekend beach limes and the people.

Take away the 'dark cloud' of prevailing crime and yes most definitely I could see myself enjoying the homeland.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 04, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »
Just came back on Wednesday after about two weeks- Trinidad and Tobago holiday- I moved about from East West North South of both islands with relative ease. Enjoyed the beaches and the movements in social activities. Now would I move back- big big decision- why? Well for one,  home is not the same as I knew it nor did I expect things to remain static. I have come to accept many of the ways in which daily interactions and business is conducted in the home culture. Know different has certainly  impacted my views. However, the intrinsic feelings of being in what seems like and feels like a part of you is indescribable.

On the other hand, there remains the overhanging 'cloud' of having to  live with your confined home as if you were in a self imposed prison. That is disheartening. I am not sure that given my 'senior' citizen' age that I could take on the copious line ups in government  and banking institutions nor the bureaucracy associated with getting official things completed. That to me would mean adjusting once more to ' how things get done' simply put.

Given all things- if I had the access to a house and the amenities as I now have, I would seriously consider moving back to TnT. I enjoy the ease of social interactions- the familiar- the opportunities to  sporting and cultural events- the weekend beach limes and the people.

Take away the 'dark cloud' of prevailing crime and yes most definitely I could see myself enjoying the homeland.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>