April 29, 2024, 06:51:29 AM

Author Topic: Yorke-the forward  (Read 4498 times)

Yorke-the forward
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »
Just a question ...given the style of football we have been playing is there room to switch Dwight's position to partner with jones up front ?
The strikers instinct which seems to be lacking up front could be a big plus for T&T. lets face it we have gone two games without him at the back ,,can he better serve the team in scoring goals rather than trying to stop them ?
I believe a younger ball winner could be utilised to protect the defense and dwight could use kenwyn's speed and strength to form a very formidable pair. He would not have to expend as much effort up front as in defense especially against Costa Rica who play a quick short passing game.
lets face it we are stronger, taller and maybe a dwight yorke in the front could still terrify the opposition.
What do you all think ?

Re: Yorke-the forward
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »
problem is who is the younger ball winner you speak of? if we could identify a ball winner and a sturdy midfielder who could distribute the ball other than chris birchall..then we may not need dwight at all..btw I don't think he's the answer up front either...

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
Just look at the Barhain wey we win and you will see DY ,even back den, cud not run at defenders or pose any threat up front ,regardless of who he playing with .DY eh have de same legs he use tuh have when he was a striker and as a result will be ineffective up front .

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 09:39:24 PM »
Just look at the Barhain wey we win and you will see DY ,even back den, cud not run at defenders or pose any threat up front ,regardless of who he playing with .DY eh have de same legs he use tuh have when he was a striker and as a result will be ineffective up front .

Yorke looked very effective against Barhain To Me.....seem like he give them nuff head ache in Bahrain.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »
come again Jai
check Dwight record for tnt in he peak

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:58:15 PM »
Yorke, if he play forward, scoring before any other forward.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:52:55 AM »
With so many young forwards- When will we get over the fact that even in his prime Dwight did not score regularly for us. Give Youth a chance.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »

Not in dis day and not since the arrival of #14 and b4 yuh say ah bias ,go back and check first n u will see what i'm talking bout . 

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »

Not in dis day and not since the arrival of #14 and b4 yuh say ah bias ,go back and check first n u will see what i'm talking bout . 

plain talk bad manners!!! but as Arazi mentioned who is this younger player you trying to plug in the middle, that can do what dwight does for us now? from what i have seen no such player exists. i rather see jaggy up front that dwight currently. we cud even drop jones as far as im concerned...until he get his form and confidence (and touch...lawd) back to professional standards.  :beermug:

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »
in all honesty Dwight isn't the answer in front for us. His best asset is composure on the ball which isn't scoring us any goals.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
Good idea.

Ince
Carlos, Thomas, Lawrence, Michael
Hyland, Noel, Birchall, Wolfe
Jones, Yorke

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »
Jones and Dufley up front, it won't work!  :( He geh to old now to run done de ball like he uses to do back then when he was a younger lad. On de other hand Jones does play like he's old. He not running down nuttin. If yuh have he up as a striker you'll need another that will hustle the ball...speedy. Two slow or none moving stikers will kill us.   That is a no no.  ;)

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
If we give some of these forumites a chance they go pick Tyrone De Labastide, Winston Phillips, Leo Brewster and Andy Aleong to play on this team.  Is time we get over these great former players and start trusting the young guns to develop and win for us.  The days for Latas, Yorke, Stern John and Dog is over.  Let's move on, fellas!

Offline Mackie

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
It is really scary how much we depend on Yorke . This match shoulda really be de man testimonial .

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »

who is that - Stern "The Legend" John?

Offline takenoprisoners

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »
Just a question ...given the style of football we have been playing is there room to switch Dwight's position to partner with jones up front ?
The strikers instinct which seems to be lacking up front could be a big plus for T&T. lets face it we have gone two games without him at the back ,,can he better serve the team in scoring goals rather than trying to stop them ?
I believe a younger ball winner could be utilised to protect the defense and dwight could use kenwyn's speed and strength to form a very formidable pair. He would not have to expend as much effort up front as in defense especially against Costa Rica who play a quick short passing game.
lets face it we are stronger, taller and maybe a dwight yorke in the front could still terrify the opposition.
What do you all think ?

Hyland is that holding midfielder who is young, match fit, quicker and more mobile than Dwight, he could protect the back four alongside Birchall. I wouldn't use Dwight as a striker though but as an attacking midfielder in front of Hyland in a 4-5-1,with Carlos and Samuel/Keon Daniel on the flanks. If Dwight is on the bench then Keon can play his preferred attacking midfield position.

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
Neither Yorke nor Jones should be starting up front for us.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 06:56:41 AM »

who is that - Stern "The Legend" John?

Nah is  Stern 'yuh daddy' John .

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
If we give some of these forumites a chance they go pick Tyrone De Labastide, Winston Phillips, Leo Brewster and Andy Aleong to play on this team.  Is time we get over these great former players and start trusting the young guns to develop and win for us.  The days for Latas, Yorke, Stern John and Dog is over.  Let's move on, fellas!

We willin 2 put dem 2 pasture but your youngsters eh ready so get over it.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »

Hyland is that holding midfielder who is young, match fit, quicker and more mobile than Dwight, he could protect the back four alongside Birchall. I wouldn't use Dwight as a striker though but as an attacking midfielder in front of Hyland in a 4-5-1,with Carlos and Samuel/Keon Daniel on the flanks. If Dwight is on the bench then Keon can play his preferred attacking midfield position.

I agree with the Hyland idea ...he is young and a good pr0spect ..he is certainly expected to get through more miles than Dwight who I think will be really struggling due to lack of match fitness, age and desire. Trust me it eh easy when you cross 35 and your mind saying come on but your body saying ..eh ..eh !
i cant see Gwight as an attacking midfielder though ...too slow going forward and he would have to fight too hard  get the ball ..not sure he up to that either.
Up front he might be a passenger but the opponents will still see Dwight Yorke up front and our long ball style might well suit the pair of Yorke and Jones or Scotland.
We need Dwight on the field ..is Tobago we playing ...unless we want Tobago to secede now ! It hust hard to find a spot for him ...

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »
just saw today Mexico has recalled Cautemoc blanco ...is really a sign of the times in Concacaf ..

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »
Maybe we should do Yorke and John up front.  Heck why not?  at least give them a 30min., then drop Yorke back in the middle.  It's certain we'll be subbing a mid-fielder.  Maybe the fren thing can work in our favor.  #14 does get open to miss 2-3 every game.  With Yorke as a buddy that might give us the spark we need because I know Yorke eh go be missing.  After all the old/ole talk.    Yorke for striker!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »
Maybe we should do Yorke and John up front.  Heck why not?  at least give them a 30min., then drop Yorke back in the middle.  It's certain we'll be subbing a mid-fielder.  Maybe the fren thing can work in our favor.  #14 does get open to miss 2-3 every game.  With Yorke as a buddy that might give us the spark we need because I know Yorke eh go be missing.  After all the old/ole talk.    Yorke for striker!!!!!!

What u preachin from d Satanic verses? Yorke and Stern up front LAWDDDDD FADDERRRRRRRRRR

Offline Trini/Aussie

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 01:26:28 AM »
Yorke up front?...yuh joking...not when Scotty around...get real !!!!!!!...he too slow.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 02:40:20 AM »
Yorke up front?...yuh joking...not when Scotty around...get real !!!!!!!...he too slow.

Scottie himself slugggish...

Where whitley gone dred.....jones nd whitley wont be ah bad mix!

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »

Scottie himself slugggish...

Where whitley gone dred.....jones nd whitley wont be ah bad mix!

Whitley eh even strt 4 Petrotrin

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »
Right now a more potent partnership would be to have Cornell and Scotland start and then switch to Jones in the second.

Latas need to take another look at Collin Samuel as well on the left

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 02:28:38 PM »
Right now a more potent partnership would be to have Cornell and Scotland start and then switch to Jones in the second.

Cosign 4 Samuel part 4 sure

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »

Ah like the direction of this musing. However, I would even prefer Jones and Scotland to start, and replace one of them with Glenn as needed.  Agree with the Samuel inclusion.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

What u preachin from d Satanic verses? Yorke and Stern up front LAWDDDDD FADDERRRRRRRRRR

:rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:  allyuh is kicks yes.  I thinkn I might keep that formation for my PlayStation team.  Remember the man that write D Satanic Verses had to be hiding all over the world.  :)