April 29, 2024, 06:51:29 AM

Author Topic: Yorke-the forward  (Read 4498 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke-the forward
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »
Just a question ...given the style of football we have been playing is there room to switch Dwight's position to partner with jones up front ?
The strikers instinct which seems to be lacking up front could be a big plus for T&T. lets face it we have gone two games without him at the back ,,can he better serve the team in scoring goals rather than trying to stop them ?
I believe a younger ball winner could be utilised to protect the defense and dwight could use kenwyn's speed and strength to form a very formidable pair. He would not have to expend as much effort up front as in defense especially against Costa Rica who play a quick short passing game.
lets face it we are stronger, taller and maybe a dwight yorke in the front could still terrify the opposition.
What do you all think ?

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke-the forward
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »
problem is who is the younger ball winner you speak of? if we could identify a ball winner and a sturdy midfielder who could distribute the ball other than chris birchall..then we may not need dwight at all..btw I don't think he's the answer up front either...

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
Just look at the Barhain wey we win and you will see DY ,even back den, cud not run at defenders or pose any threat up front ,regardless of who he playing with .DY eh have de same legs he use tuh have when he was a striker and as a result will be ineffective up front .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 09:39:24 PM »
Just look at the Barhain wey we win and you will see DY ,even back den, cud not run at defenders or pose any threat up front ,regardless of who he playing with .DY eh have de same legs he use tuh have when he was a striker and as a result will be ineffective up front .

Yorke looked very effective against Barhain To Me.....seem like he give them nuff head ache in Bahrain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »
come again Jai
check Dwight record for tnt in he peak
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:58:15 PM »
Yorke, if he play forward, scoring before any other forward.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:52:55 AM »
With so many young forwards- When will we get over the fact that even in his prime Dwight did not score regularly for us. Give Youth a chance.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »

Not in dis day and not since the arrival of #14 and b4 yuh say ah bias ,go back and check first n u will see what i'm talking bout . 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »

Not in dis day and not since the arrival of #14 and b4 yuh say ah bias ,go back and check first n u will see what i'm talking bout . 

plain talk bad manners!!! but as Arazi mentioned who is this younger player you trying to plug in the middle, that can do what dwight does for us now? from what i have seen no such player exists. i rather see jaggy up front that dwight currently. we cud even drop jones as far as im concerned...until he get his form and confidence (and touch...lawd) back to professional standards.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »
in all honesty Dwight isn't the answer in front for us. His best asset is composure on the ball which isn't scoring us any goals.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
Good idea.

Ince
Carlos, Thomas, Lawrence, Michael
Hyland, Noel, Birchall, Wolfe
Jones, Yorke

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »
Jones and Dufley up front, it won't work!  :( He geh to old now to run done de ball like he uses to do back then when he was a younger lad. On de other hand Jones does play like he's old. He not running down nuttin. If yuh have he up as a striker you'll need another that will hustle the ball...speedy. Two slow or none moving stikers will kill us.   That is a no no.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
If we give some of these forumites a chance they go pick Tyrone De Labastide, Winston Phillips, Leo Brewster and Andy Aleong to play on this team.  Is time we get over these great former players and start trusting the young guns to develop and win for us.  The days for Latas, Yorke, Stern John and Dog is over.  Let's move on, fellas!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
It is really scary how much we depend on Yorke . This match shoulda really be de man testimonial .
 :devil:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »

who is that - Stern "The Legend" John?

Més que un club.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »
Just a question ...given the style of football we have been playing is there room to switch Dwight's position to partner with jones up front ?
The strikers instinct which seems to be lacking up front could be a big plus for T&T. lets face it we have gone two games without him at the back ,,can he better serve the team in scoring goals rather than trying to stop them ?
I believe a younger ball winner could be utilised to protect the defense and dwight could use kenwyn's speed and strength to form a very formidable pair. He would not have to expend as much effort up front as in defense especially against Costa Rica who play a quick short passing game.
lets face it we are stronger, taller and maybe a dwight yorke in the front could still terrify the opposition.
What do you all think ?

Hyland is that holding midfielder who is young, match fit, quicker and more mobile than Dwight, he could protect the back four alongside Birchall. I wouldn't use Dwight as a striker though but as an attacking midfielder in front of Hyland in a 4-5-1,with Carlos and Samuel/Keon Daniel on the flanks. If Dwight is on the bench then Keon can play his preferred attacking midfield position.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
Neither Yorke nor Jones should be starting up front for us.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 06:56:41 AM »

who is that - Stern "The Legend" John?

Nah is  Stern 'yuh daddy' John .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
If we give some of these forumites a chance they go pick Tyrone De Labastide, Winston Phillips, Leo Brewster and Andy Aleong to play on this team.  Is time we get over these great former players and start trusting the young guns to develop and win for us.  The days for Latas, Yorke, Stern John and Dog is over.  Let's move on, fellas!

We willin 2 put dem 2 pasture but your youngsters eh ready so get over it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »

Hyland is that holding midfielder who is young, match fit, quicker and more mobile than Dwight, he could protect the back four alongside Birchall. I wouldn't use Dwight as a striker though but as an attacking midfielder in front of Hyland in a 4-5-1,with Carlos and Samuel/Keon Daniel on the flanks. If Dwight is on the bench then Keon can play his preferred attacking midfield position.

[/quote]

I agree with the Hyland idea ...he is young and a good pr0spect ..he is certainly expected to get through more miles than Dwight who I think will be really struggling due to lack of match fitness, age and desire. Trust me it eh easy when you cross 35 and your mind saying come on but your body saying ..eh ..eh !
i cant see Gwight as an attacking midfielder though ...too slow going forward and he would have to fight too hard  get the ball ..not sure he up to that either.
Up front he might be a passenger but the opponents will still see Dwight Yorke up front and our long ball style might well suit the pair of Yorke and Jones or Scotland.
We need Dwight on the field ..is Tobago we playing ...unless we want Tobago to secede now ! It hust hard to find a spot for him ...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »
just saw today Mexico has recalled Cautemoc blanco ...is really a sign of the times in Concacaf ..

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »
Maybe we should do Yorke and John up front.  Heck why not?  at least give them a 30min., then drop Yorke back in the middle.  It's certain we'll be subbing a mid-fielder.  Maybe the fren thing can work in our favor.  #14 does get open to miss 2-3 every game.  With Yorke as a buddy that might give us the spark we need because I know Yorke eh go be missing.  After all the old/ole talk.    Yorke for striker!!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »
Maybe we should do Yorke and John up front.  Heck why not?  at least give them a 30min., then drop Yorke back in the middle.  It's certain we'll be subbing a mid-fielder.  Maybe the fren thing can work in our favor.  #14 does get open to miss 2-3 every game.  With Yorke as a buddy that might give us the spark we need because I know Yorke eh go be missing.  After all the old/ole talk.    Yorke for striker!!!!!!

What u preachin from d Satanic verses? Yorke and Stern up front LAWDDDDD FADDERRRRRRRRRR
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini/Aussie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 01:26:28 AM »
Yorke up front?...yuh joking...not when Scotty around...get real !!!!!!!...he too slow.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 02:40:20 AM »
Yorke up front?...yuh joking...not when Scotty around...get real !!!!!!!...he too slow.

Scottie himself slugggish...

Where whitley gone dred.....jones nd whitley wont be ah bad mix!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »

Scottie himself slugggish...

Where whitley gone dred.....jones nd whitley wont be ah bad mix!

Whitley eh even strt 4 Petrotrin

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »
Right now a more potent partnership would be to have Cornell and Scotland start and then switch to Jones in the second.

Latas need to take another look at Collin Samuel as well on the left

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 02:28:38 PM »
Right now a more potent partnership would be to have Cornell and Scotland start and then switch to Jones in the second.

Cosign 4 Samuel part 4 sure

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »

Ah like the direction of this musing. However, I would even prefer Jones and Scotland to start, and replace one of them with Glenn as needed.  Agree with the Samuel inclusion.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

What u preachin from d Satanic verses? Yorke and Stern up front LAWDDDDD FADDERRRRRRRRRR

:rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:  allyuh is kicks yes.  I thinkn I might keep that formation for my PlayStation team.  Remember the man that write D Satanic Verses had to be hiding all over the world.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>