April 18, 2024, 05:23:03 PM

Author Topic: Scotland: We'll keep going strong.  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Scotland: We'll keep going strong.
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:45:52 PM »
Scotland: We'll keep going strong.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Head Coach Russell Latapy ran a double session at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Wednesday as this country’s national senior footballers continued their preparations for the upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica in the sister-isle.

Latapy is nearing his final squad for the June 6 crucial encounter and had the likes of Dennis Lawrence, Clayton Ince, Silvio Spann and Jason Scotland involved in training on Wednesday. Stern John was also present but did not take an active part. Another session will take place at the Malabar venue on May 20 before the squad journeys over to Tobago for a live-in training camp leading up to June 6. The final squad is expected to train from May 28.

Scotland, the talk of a possible move to the Premiership in recent weeks, said while he’s coming off a long season with Swansea City, he’s still willing to give one hundred percent to the “Soca Warriors” for the upcoming qualifiers against Costa Rica and Mexico.

“It’s been a long season but you can see with the new manager (Russell), he has us preparing for the upcoming two games and even though it’s been a long season we are still out here working hard to try and get it right for the national team,” Scotland said.

“We know it’s not going to be easy but I think everybody is ready to work hard and give a hundred percent for the country.”

About the links to the Premiership with Fulham among the clubs expressing an interest, Scotland was tightlipped.

“It’s every player’s dream to play in the Premiership and I’m like any other player. It’s been a good season for me against with Swansea and you always want to go to the next level and test yourself so if that opportunity comes then I’ll definitely think about it and see how far I can go,” said the former Defence Force marksman.

Defender Dennis Lawrence is equally optimistic that the T&T  team can get it right for June 6 and beyond.

“We know how crucial the game is on June 6 and there are no two ways about how critical it is for us to prepare well and get the three points. It’s a very important game for the team and for the country and we have to be ready to go out there and work hard as a team under the new manager and ensure that we can pick up three points in Tobago,” Lawrence said.

Latapy added three playes to his current 24-man squad including Kerry Baptiste, Radanfah Abu Bakr and Devon Jamerson, son of former national player Kerry Jamerson.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:28:57 PM by E-man »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scoltand: We'll keep going strong.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »
I know Jamerson is a very good player, but at this point in time we are still trying out players.

I prefer Lester Peltier over light weight Kerry Baptiste.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »
Who is Devon Jamerson?   Try some of we too then.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »
Kerry son
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:55 PM »
Kerry son
So!  How come this is the first time I hearing about he.  how come he know getting a look?  It better not be fren ting. We don't have time for that. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »
I know Jamerson is a very good player, but at this point in time we are still trying out players.

peltier should be on that right wing and edwards as right back
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »
PPl forget Josh Johnson is a good winger too.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »

peltier should be on that right wing and edwards as right back
Breds i getting the feeling that they the TTFF AND LATAS doh want tuh win nutten! ah seeing all kinda names and all kinda rejects getting call up, but ah not seeing the names that could really make ah differance, like jagdeosingh, avery , cyd , roberts, julius james, peltier!

LATAS what de fork going on!!!!!!!!!

PS: i know if WIM was still the coach we woulda have all dem players in the line up and we woulda have @ least 4 points! never thought i woulda say this, but boy i really miss WIM yes!! i truly believe he woulda pick the right players
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:32:07 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland: We'll keep going strong.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Preacher...go preach in a few PFL games and you will know who devon jamerson is...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 05:46:32 AM »
PS: i know if WIM was still the coach we woulda have all dem players in the line up and we woulda have @ least 4 points! never thought i woulda say this, but boy i really miss WIM yes!! i truly believe he woulda pick the right players

What blasphemy!!... :o :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 06:56:39 AM »
Like Avery and MeMum aint making the cut with Latapy.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 08:30:21 AM »
What position does Devon Jamerson play?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »
What position does Devon Jamerson play?
Mainly centre midfield, but can also play defence.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 04:26:56 PM »
I know is blasphemy to say this but if Latapy leave Birchall off de team he is ah damn fool. 

Just cool I agree wid yuh 100%.  I wish we could get Wim back right now.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »
Preacher...go preach in a few PFL games and you will know who devon jamerson is...

:rotfl:  And Lord said, there shall be no fren thing this ROUUUNDDSS!!!!!!  Can i get an AMEN!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »

What blasphemy!!... :o :devil: ;D

ESPECIALLY FROM HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I can only  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
why is Silvio Spann even training with d national squad? what really going man?  SILVIO SPANN, IS IT REALLY!!! He need ah seat in the stands man.  This man play conference Football man, correction he warming the reserve bench on ah shitty ass conference side.

LATAS I really hope he just dey to make up numbers and not part of the final squad. Lawd of mercy!  Look how I flying down to Trinidad taking ah boat from the Thursday to go up Tobago and going to see the game on Saturday with man like Silvio Spann playing.  Spann if ah see yuh in the stands I go buy u ah beer man, just stay away from the senior team.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »
why is Silvio Spann even training with d national squad? what really going man?  SILVIO SPANN, IS IT REALLY!!! He need ah seat in the stands man.  This man play conference Football man, correction he warming the reserve bench on ah shitty ass conference side.
And also, if we picking Conference men, Boucaud lighting up. We have scouts?

1]; } ?>