April 26, 2024, 09:16:58 PM

Author Topic: Bandits flee villagers – into police station  (Read 1170 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bandits flee villagers – into police station
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:50:52 PM »
Aranjuez residents turned the table on four thieves who, after stealing a car, were chased straight into the nearby police station in a bid to save themselves from a mob of angry villagers.

The drama started at about 11.30 pm Friday night when the four men stole a car belonging to an electronic technician on Shillingford Road, off El Socorro Road in San Juan.

The Mitsubishi Galant was reportedly used for street racing and the copper clutch caused the thieves to lose control and crash the car some blocks away at Mary Street in Aranjuez. But residents there noticed the commotion and followed the men as they bundled back into their getaway vehicle.

What started as a tailing of the suspects eventually turned into the suspects being chased by the villagers. The thieves eventually led the chase into the Barataria Police Station as the men tried to shield themselves from the angry villagers. There, they were arrested by officers Cpl Arcier and PC Mohammed who were responding to the car theft.

Investigators arrested the men and seized a quantity of car audio equipment in the getaway car. The men are expected to be charged with offences arising from the incident.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bandits flee villagers – into police station
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:34:29 PM »
GOOD!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »
GOOD!

Exactly a story 2 warm meh heart.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »
when i hear de term villagers.i cyar help but tink of them being chased with flambeaus and sticks
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »
when i hear de term villagers.i cyar help but tink of them being chased with flambeaus and sticks

funny...i had the same image in mih head
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »

funny...i had the same image in mih head

Is the Newsday what u expect.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »
Considering the ineptitude of the police coupled with the seeming indifference of the government to the spiraling crime rate I'm surprised more people not taking the law into their own hands.

Look forward to lynching coming soon to a neighborhood near you. 

1]; } ?>