April 27, 2024, 09:25:46 PM

Author Topic: Players' parents slam Corneal.  (Read 14023 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players' parents slam Corneal.
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 01:27:36 PM »
Players' parents slam Corneal.
By: Lasana Liburd (T&T Express).

T&T U-17 coach defends competence

Corneal insisted that he wants the Under-17 players to continue to learn and hoped to work with most of them in the future. But, if they do meet again, he made it clear that it is the players and not the coaches who would have to change.

All the talk alyuh talking this show how Corneal and them eh know what the hell they doing. That statement speak volumes. I not on about who get buff and who eh get buff, but coaching itself. Corneal and them is only poser coaches.

That last statement expose how Corneal and them eh have a clue.

Co-cosign!! and DOUBLE cosign!!  I thought I was the only one taken aback by notice that statement

The difference between THIS U17 team and the LAST U17 team (which is the current U20), IS THE ATTITUDE OF THE PLAYERS. You could see the psyche of the last team in their aggression, attitude, purpose, even when fight start is all man running in to be involved. Frankly a very untrini like PURPOSEFUL TEAM attitude.

Those 3 .arents need to check their whining "kids", and tell them to leave that primadonna attitide at home. They supporting failure.

Wrong again socafan. The difference is one Wim Rijsbergen. Anton has been exposed and found wanting like so many of our local coaches. Is it hard to admit that the standard of our coaching is piss poor. Listen I played colleges and nfl ball at home and am yet  to comeacross a good " coach". There is a reason for that. Standards are not set in T&T and most everything is not taken seriously. Look at the list of local coaches that were appointed over the years and you would see that a national appt is so worthless that it would only impress outsiders on anyone's resume. Trinbagonians would laugh you away if you come to them with a national appt on your resume. at least Trinbagonians in the know

Double, TRIPLE cosign (sorry, Weary....ah tiefin' yuh ting....like everybody else!) Since the days around  the U-17 WC in Korea, I had posted on here that acrneal was not as much the man pulling the strings on that team as it was Wim.  If I remember correctly, Wim even went to Korea with the team and it had men on here talkin' a pack ah ass about acorneal coaching abilities.  DE DAM MAN CYAH FACKIN COACH!!!
   HE knows the kinds of kids that our society is churning out these days.  HE has to set the disciplinary and attitude standards on this team. HE has to pick he players that best fit the mold of what he is trying to build as a team FROM THE ONSET. HE has to weed out the players that don't meet the standards or stay within disciplinary boundaries.  When HE does that, and establishes discipline on the team, then he won't have the problem of his team being so ill disciplined all of a sudden that he has to point it out as being the ONLY reason of such a poor showing at a World Cup Qualifying Tournament.  acorneal could hul he ass!

....on another note....de new Chelsea "Robocop" or "RoboChelsea" kit eh lookin' so bad after all......ah see meh spendin some dunzeye.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 01:30:26 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 01:32:08 PM »
Players' parents slam Corneal.
By: Lasana Liburd (T&T Express).

T&T U-17 coach defends competence

Corneal insisted that he wants the Under-17 players to continue to learn and hoped to work with most of them in the future. But, if they do meet again, he made it clear that it is the players and not the coaches who would have to change.

All the talk alyuh talking this show how Corneal and them eh know what the hell they doing. That statement speak volumes. I not on about who get buff and who eh get buff, but coaching itself. Corneal and them is only poser coaches.

That last statement expose how Corneal and them eh have a clue.

Co-cosign!! and DOUBLE cosign!!  I thought I was the only one taken aback by notice that statement

The difference between THIS U17 team and the LAST U17 team (which is the current U20), IS THE ATTITUDE OF THE PLAYERS. You could see the psyche of the last team in their aggression, attitude, purpose, even when fight start is all man running in to be involved. Frankly a very untrini like PURPOSEFUL TEAM attitude.

Those 3 .arents need to check their whining "kids", and tell them to leave that primadonna attitide at home. They supporting failure.

Wrong again socafan. The difference is one Wim Rijsbergen. Anton has been exposed and found wanting like so many of our local coaches. Is it hard to admit that the standard of our coaching is piss poor. Listen I played colleges and nfl ball at home and am yet  to comeacross a good " coach". There is a reason for that. Standards are not set in T&T and most everything is not taken seriously. Look at the list of local coaches that were appointed over the years and you would see that a national appt is so worthless that it would only impress outsiders on anyone's resume. Trinbagonians would laugh you away if you come to them with a national appt on your resume. at least Trinbagonians in the know

Double, TRIPLE cosign (sorry, Weary....ah tiefin' yuh ting....like everybody else!) Since the days around  the U-17 WC in Korea, I had posted on here that acrneal was not as much the man pulling the strings on that team as it was Wim.  If I remember correctly, Wim even went to Korea with the team and it had men on here talkin' a pack ah ass about acorneal coaching abilities.  DE DAM MAN CYAH FACKIN COACH!!!
   HE knows the kinds of kids that our society is churning out these days.  HE has to set the disciplinary and attitude standards on this team. HE has to pick he players that best fit the mold of what he is trying to build as a team FROM THE ONSET. HE has to weed out the players that don't meet the standards or stay within disciplinary boundaries.  When HE does that, and establishes discipline on the team, then he won't have the problem of his team being so ill disciplined all of a sudden that he has to point it out as being the ONLY reason of such a poor showing at a World Cup Qualifying Tournament.  acorneal could hul he ass!

....on another note....de new Chelsea "Robocop" or "RoboChelsea" kit eh lookin' so bad after all......ah see meh spendin some dunzeye.

Is not my ting me eh copyright it but next time Omar vex I use I go share his distaste wit u.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 01:46:24 PM »
So, is Omar ting ah tiefin' then?  Oh lawd....ah hope he doh cuss meh.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »
My problem is why Fenwick cya criticise him. Anton is ah ass and his coaching stats suggest that he cya coach either. Let me not be so emotional...I was there in Korea.  de Team didn't look that bad so he cant be an all out shit coach but to deflect de blame to de youths is childish. Alex woulda pull all de probs on himself and tell his team to get him out of de hole.

Let meh cosign u 1st line. Fenick in my book is a thug but a thug who bout 10 players he coach was on dat squad. So Anton I know Alvin is a goat I suspected dat u were a goat thanks 4 d confirmation.

You keep repeating that nonsense care to explain. I consider you to be a bigger thug than Fenwick but i never repeat that. And I have the evidence right here. Where is your evidence besides listening to what people say. And people who have achieved nothing in life. I would like to hear your definition of a thug and how that applies to Fenwick.

In addition 2 his antics dat Anton spoke about HE HAS NO BEHAVIOUR AND THIS IS DESPITE HIS RECORD. According to d oxford dictionary a thug is defined as a violent and uncouth man, especially a criminal. So with your xray vision in d US and c how Fenick does behave.

Just as I thought. You are just mouthing words that sound good to you with no real understanding of its meaning. A man is a thug by withholding the services of his players outside of the fifa stipulated timeframe. If so every coach the bigger leagues of the world are themselves thugs. You know how stupid that makes you sound. Then you say he has no behavior. who determines that you? And if so how is the bar set. I may have no behavior also and may be a thug according to your def. However i can safely say, according to your def, that you are  a thug. The difference between thug weary and thug Fenwick is that the latter has achieved much acclaim in life the world over and is yet to be branded a thug by the people who matter or for that matter by anyone outside of T&T. His reputation is now officially down the drain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
I in 2 minds with what he tell them youth, but the main issue for TTFF is why this cacahole still coaching. He cannot win nuthin no matter what age group he get, he just does not have what it takes to create a winning team, he just plain sucks
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:23:59 AM by grskywalker »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »
it go b ah next 100 years b4 ttff realize dis joker stunting d growth of tnt football. wait, yuh mean warnerman and gumps go live dat long boy????? ohhhhh gwaum.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »

No he have a problem wit cosign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
My problem is why Fenwick cya criticise him. Anton is ah ass and his coaching stats suggest that he cya coach either. Let me not be so emotional...I was there in Korea.  de Team didn't look that bad so he cant be an all out shit coach but to deflect de blame to de youths is childish. Alex woulda pull all de probs on himself and tell his team to get him out of de hole.

Let meh cosign u 1st line. Fenick in my book is a thug but a thug who bout 10 players he coach was on dat squad. So Anton I know Alvin is a goat I suspected dat u were a goat thanks 4 d confirmation.

You keep repeating that nonsense care to explain. I consider you to be a bigger thug than Fenwick but i never repeat that. And I have the evidence right here. Where is your evidence besides listening to what people say. And people who have achieved nothing in life. I would like to hear your definition of a thug and how that applies to Fenwick.

In addition 2 his antics dat Anton spoke about HE HAS NO BEHAVIOUR AND THIS IS DESPITE HIS RECORD. According to d oxford dictionary a thug is defined as a violent and uncouth man, especially a criminal. So with your xray vision in d US and c how Fenick does behave.

Just as I thought. You are just mouthing words that sound good to you with no real understanding of its meaning. A man is a thug by withholding the services of his players outside of the fifa stipulated timeframe. If so every coach the bigger leagues of the world are themselves thugs. You know how stupid that makes you sound. Then you say he has no behavior. who determines that you? And if so how is the bar set. I may have no behavior also and may be a thug according to your def. However i can safely say, according to your def, that you are  a thug. The difference between thug weary and thug Fenwick is that the latter has achieved much acclaim in life the world over and is yet to be branded a thug by the people who matter or for that matter by anyone outside of T&T. His reputation is now officially down the drain.

I using the word thug in d criminal context if u want 2 want 2 use it according 2 FIFA GUIDELINES GR8. So because he achieve he cyah b a thug and my world and Fenick world eh d same and u eh know nutten bout me and my achievements so go take a chill pill. So u want me 2 blieve because I call him a thug he reputation down d drain I have realllllllllll power boi.

D incident wit d Brazilian much more powerful and d lame excuse he and CL came up wit after speaks more volumes.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »

I using the word thug in d criminal context if u want 2 want 2 use it according 2 FIFA GUIDELINES GR8. So because he achieve he cyah b a thug and my world and Fenick world eh d same and u eh know nutten bout me and my achievements so go take a chill pill. So u want me 2 blieve because I call him a thug he reputation down d drain I have realllllllllll power boi.

D incident wit d Brazilian much more powerful and d lame excuse he and CL came up wit after speaks more volumes.
SO youare saying that Fewick is a criminal. You give yourself a lot of freedom. Now if you cant understand sarcasm when i stated that his reputation gone down the drain then there is not much i need to know about you and your accomplishments.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 02:55:17 PM »

SO youare saying that Fewick is a criminal. You give yourself a lot of freedom. Now if you cant understand sarcasm when i stated that his reputation gone down the drain then there is not much i need to know about you and your accomplishments.

Yes I callin him a criminal because if our police was serious he could have been charge with Assault and battery. As 4 not recognizin sarcasm is right here peeps prevent players from gettin contract so u eva know Sir Alex might b lookin 4 ah understudy and I just prevent him from gettin d wuk.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »

I'm reminded of Lasana's devaluation of the cap comment. You point to devaluation of the national appointment on the technical staff. Hmmmmmmm.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »

The reason I was feeling there might be hope was the way the team that went to Korea performed. Now according to Sub 1... is Wim who had dem lookin so and Anton get exposed. Was it not Wim running Beenie Baseline as well. And that is de dude we fire and bring in "No Physical" Maturana.  Tsk Tsk Tsk.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 08:17:57 PM »

The reason I was feeling there might be hope was the way the team that went to Korea performed. Now according to Sub 1... is Wim who had dem lookin so and Anton get exposed. Was it not Wim running Beenie Baseline as well. And that is de dude we fire and bring in "No Physical" Maturana.  Tsk Tsk Tsk.

D Don always consulted Wim. That is y I supported him it had continuity. He was not a yesssssssssss man so we got a si man in Mats. Of course it was Wim all yuh really blieve Anton who coach dat side. A man who complainin bout ipod.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »
what is 'cosign"???  that related to Ramsing"???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »
what is 'cosign"???  that related to Ramsing"???

Well instead ah repeating what peeps say I Cosign comprender

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »

Leh somebody post saying that Malouda has been a much, much butter player under Hiddink these days and watch and see how fas' he go cosign on dat!  :devil:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 10:46:42 PM »
"My son wanted to come home after the first game," said one parent. "Imagine the coaches were throwing words for some boys and saying 'allyuh feel you are big players because you went on trials to England or Portugal'.

"Instead of talking to them and building up their confidence they came and tore them down.

Fellas we have a real problem with professionalism with our coaches.  I saw a clip on here once about a training session the senior team had.  Anton and Maurice was working with the goal keepers Jan and the other fella.  Watch that clip again and tell me if that's how professional coaches build up the players.  If I remember correctly Jan's face tells it all. 

Can somebody help me locate that clip.  It was a training season for this hex.  Thanks.   Sad for the young fellas dem.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
I thought was Wim who was insulting players in Korea? I confused.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 04:25:43 AM »

Leh somebody post saying that Malouda has been a much, much butter player under Hiddink these days and watch and see how fas' he go cosign on dat!  :devil:

:rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 04:28:20 AM »

Dat is what JW said d players did fraid him not a squeak from anybody 2 confirm JW version of d a/c. Now is 3 parents who say sumting not 2 flatering bout Jnr Chipmunk. In d mouth of 2 and 3 witnesses....

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »

no i think he was insulting the PFL and the quality of players produced.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 04:57:33 AM »

no i think he was insulting the PFL and the quality of players produced.

JW say d players did fraid Wim in SK.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Player's parents slam Corneal
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 06:28:42 AM »

Always 3 sides to a story.
Botom line Anton my friend is results, coaching the U17's might be a difficult job because they are young teenagers and require a different type of personal engagement to mature them quicklyfor a tournament against the best in the region.
Bertille and Gally are personable gentlemen and know how to interact with kids and get the best out of them without de-crying them.
You must take the full weight of the results on your shoulders and not pass it on the boys after all you are the leader and it actually does worse for your cause to pass blame. I would never hire a CEO or MD again if after a project fails he blames every factory worker or pipe fitter.

Would have been better to say the opposition was too good and you as coach need to analyse what went wrong and what was good and come with a better program for the team.

I can't speak for Gally because I never played for him, however, I beg to disagree with you on Bertille.  He is one ego maniac dude.  He decries players more than you know.  Just ask Tony Sherwood, plus I know first hand as it happened to me.  I was hurt on a tour, hurt, and the man decried me for being hurt and unable to practice.  Absolutely a ridiculous thing to do to a 17/18 year old. 

Let me say this, when I played, most youth coaches especially on the national team tend to manage based on fear and that is why we are often unsuccessful.  Players were never really relaxed, always scared to make mistakes and you cannot play that way.  I suspect the kids got a scolding for giving up 7 goals against Mexico and in only put them further into a shell.  Just one perspective from afar.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Player's parents slam Corneal
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 06:37:06 AM »

Always 3 sides to a story.
Botom line Anton my friend is results, coaching the U17's might be a difficult job because they are young teenagers and require a different type of personal engagement to mature them quicklyfor a tournament against the best in the region.
Bertille and Gally are personable gentlemen and know how to interact with kids and get the best out of them without de-crying them.
You must take the full weight of the results on your shoulders and not pass it on the boys after all you are the leader and it actually does worse for your cause to pass blame. I would never hire a CEO or MD again if after a project fails he blames every factory worker or pipe fitter.

Would have been better to say the opposition was too good and you as coach need to analyse what went wrong and what was good and come with a better program for the team.

I can't speak for Gally because I never played for him, however, I beg to disagree with you on Bertille.  He is one ego maniac dude.  He decries players more than you know.  Just ask Tony Sherwood, plus I know first hand as it happened to me.  I was hurt on a tour, hurt, and the man decried me for being hurt and unable to practice.  Absolutely a ridiculous thing to do to a 17/18 year old. 

Let me say this, when I played, most youth coaches especially on the national team tend to manage based on fear and that is why we are often unsuccessful.  Players were never really relaxed, always scared to make mistakes and you cannot play that way.  I suspect the kids got a scolding for giving up 7 goals against Mexico and in only put them further into a shell.  Just one perspective from afar.

Dey into fear motivation when we all know dat have ltd success at best.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »
Yep, Bertile had ah rep fuh puttin down players but I cyah remember him ever doing it in ah public forum, to youth players that is!

This has made me think, was the dreadlocks issue secondhand info or a direct quote to the media from the man himself? Cyah remember.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:02 AM »
Dis is not de first time parents questioning Anton's tactics and style.De parents from the U 17 WC team did the same ting.Probable,just probable dais one of the reasons why Maund did 'nt line up with us in the U20 tournament.   

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 07:52:41 AM »
Yep, Bertile had ah rep fuh puttin down players but I cyah remember him ever doing it in ah public forum, to youth players that is!

This has made me think, was the dreadlocks issue secondhand info or a direct quote to the media from the man himself? Cyah remember.

The dreadlocks thing wasn't said in public but it was true.  You guys have no idea who Bertille is as a coach.  Bertille is excellent in teaching technical ability, I would say he taught me a lot.  He focused on the fundamentals and technical skills but his ability to motivate was strickly on fear and that is bad.  Then again, that was most of our society at the time.  Ask most players why we used to win "most discipline" team at every tournament but yet still on the "field" we are far from disciplined?  Fear my friend, fear and it don't work in sports all the time.

By the way, when the U20 team came back from the WC in Portugal in 2001, Bertille did call out Sherwood big time and he vowed never to play for Bertille again, then again, maybe I wasn't good enough, but I would have never played for him again either.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:37 AM »
so.............
add to what is said to the younger players, we have what my most loved of all villians does and says to the senior players and we are left with a skeleton group of capable players willing/selected to play for the TTFF.
sad state of affairs really
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:45:44 AM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 08:40:42 AM »
BSC tough coach but i rarely hear any tobago baller say bad things about the man.  Matter of fact played with a lot of them and they all seem to like the man.  Different story with them Corneals.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »

The dreadlocks thing wasn't said in public but it was true.  You guys have no idea who Bertille is as a coach.  Bertille is excellent in teaching technical ability, I would say he taught me a lot.  He focused on the fundamentals and technical skills but his ability to motivate was strickly on fear and that is bad.  Then again, that was most of our society at the time.  Ask most players why we used to win "most discipline" team at every tournament but yet still on the "field" we are far from disciplined?  Fear my friend, fear and it don't work in sports all the time.

By the way, when the U20 team came back from the WC in Portugal in 2001, Bertille did call out Sherwood big time and he vowed never to play for Bertille again, then again, maybe I wasn't good enough, but I would have never played for him again either.

Dude u did the dance.  1st hand is the best info.  Slave master leadership.  If you not relaxed how you go shine like in small goal.  :)  Dude that fear of failure kill plenty youth in the country.

Someone help me find the clip nah!!!  I go prove the point of this thread.  Please please.  It was a clip of the team training with a goalkeeper session.  Anton and Maurice was taking them through the paces.  check it out.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>