April 29, 2024, 08:44:52 AM

Author Topic: Crewe boss keen on role model Lawrence  (Read 753 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crewe boss keen on role model Lawrence
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:36:24 AM »
Crewe boss keen on role model Lawrence
crewealex.net

Although Gudjon Thordarson has today revealed that he is interested in an unnamed Danish centre-back, the Alex boss is still keen on bringing Dennis Lawrence to the club on a permanent basis. The Trinidad and Tobago International defender played 29 times for Crewe last season on loan from Championship side Swansea City, and Thordarson was impressed with the towering defender's professionalism and leadership qualities.

Lawrence, released by the Swans this summer, is certainly one name at the top of Thordarson's shopping wish list - but he admits finances will still dictate whether he comes here or not.

Gudjon told crewealex.net: "Dennis did a fantastic job for me last season and every club needs someone with great experience. He sets the right example for the younger ones and was an asset for us.

"I would like a senior player here like that. Not one who is happy to come here and see out his career by not playing too much. Dennis was hardly ever injured and put his body on the line for the cause.

"He plays games and has tremendous leadership qualities. When Julien (Baudet) wasn't in the team, Dennis was given the armband because he is a great role model and remains cool and calm out on the pitch.

Gudjon added: "If I can get him and one or two more like him then I would be very pleased."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Crewe boss keen on role model Lawrence
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:58:58 AM »

"He plays games and has tremendous leadership qualities. When Julien (Baudet) wasn't in the team, Dennis was given the armband because he is a great role model and remains cool and calm out on the pitch.

Ah feel Lawrence go be a boss coach in a few years if he goes that route eh.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>