April 23, 2024, 04:55:19 PM

Author Topic: 2009 Eastern Conf. Final Cleveland Cavaliers V Orlando Magic  (Read 12951 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Eastern Conf. Final Cleveland Cavaliers V Orlando Magic
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
do or die fuh cavs tonite.

Fixed it for you  ;D
nah man,they winnin tonite,they mght die saturday
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

Yuh wavering in yuh faith dey capo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »
 :o

arm.....................how dat lead evaporate just so :devil:

Paging Lebron James..........your presence is requested on the court ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:54:44 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
Orlando let this one slip away.

Say what, Live by the 3, Die by the 3.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »
orrite live to fight annudda day
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »

Yep saturday we will c if Cleveland have heart
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2009, 08:41:53 AM »

Yep saturday we will c if Cleveland have heart

Orlando need to put them away.  game 7 in cleveland go be a real daunting prospect.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2009, 08:43:42 AM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

no is not that ,if it is lakers advance to de finals,i just want the better team between cavs or magic to face them and cut they ass.my victory is kobe agony.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2009, 08:50:04 AM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

no is not that ,if it is lakers advance to de finals,i just want the better team between cavs or magic to face them and cut they ass.my victory is kobe agony.

Then u need to strt to deal wit d agony of defeat

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2009, 08:51:19 AM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

dealin with it since wednesday. :'(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

dealin with it since wednesday. :'(

GR888888888888

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »
i still feel magic taking it.    once howard and dem keep attacking big Z and that mook varejao and men like petrus and lewis (he does fret me he so laid back) hit they shots they go be arrite.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »
now heading down to the my favourite watering hole to watch the 2nd half as is my custom and according to nba.com the cavs have managed to find themselves down 18 at the half.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2009, 08:07:54 PM »
I tired like a dog. I will get d score 2mor

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
Owrite, onto de real deal now, well done Magic, end of the road for all yuh once my team bring dey A game
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »
Owrite, onto de real deal now, well done Magic, end of the road for all yuh once my team bring dey A game

COSIGNNNNNNNN

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »
cavs wilted like a flower in the hot sun.  this off season they have to add some proven talent to their lineup to complement king james.  heck even kobe have odom and gasol.  i ent care what nobody say, mo williams is not an all-star.  cavs need some better bigs, zylgauskas is too old and immobile, vareajao and ben wallace are not good offensively.   i glad for howard and my boy 'skip to my lou'.  now on to the real deal.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »
LeBron happy in Cleveland despite lossAssociated Press
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) - LeBron James finally talked about not making the NBA Finals, and insists Cleveland's loss to Orlando will not impact his future with the Cavaliers.

James stormed out of Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.

James, who averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.2 assists against Orlando, said Sunday he hasn't given any thought to signing a contract extension with the Cavs this summer.

Cleveland can offer the extension on July 18 — the three-year anniversary of him signing his previous deal.

"I don't know," James said when asked if he'll sign. "I haven't thought about it just yet. I'm just going to take time off from basketball and not think about contracts or the game period. I'll relax with my family we'll figure out once it comes from them."

The league MVP, who also did not shake hands with Olympic teammate Dwight Howard or congratulate any Orlando players as he left the floor, said that he's happy in Cleveland and feels the Cavs made major progress this season.

"I'm great. I feel great about this situation that's going on," James said. "You want to continue to get better, that's all you can ask. We got better and I feel this team will be better next season. You don't want to take a step backward. I think we went forward from the Boston series (a Game 7 loss in the semis) last year."

The Cavaliers won 66 regular-season games and their second Central Division title this season.

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »
Where yuh goin?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2009, 07:22:00 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-media1-2009jun01,0,4168871.story
From the Los Angeles Times
DIANE PUCIN / ON SPORTS MEDIA

Rafael Nadal and LeBron James handle agony of defeat quite differently

The basketball star avoids media after Cleveland's elimination from playoffs, proving he has much to learn from tennis star, who takes his lumps after shocking loss at French Open.

By Diane Pucin

June 1, 2009

There was Rafael Nadal on Sunday after a shockingly disappointing upset loss to Robin Soderling at the French Open answering questions in two languages and manfully owning his disappointment and emotions.

There wasn't LeBron James on Saturday night after his Cleveland Cavaliers exited the NBA playoffs being reminded that having the best regular-season record means, well, not so much after the playoffs start. There wasn't any James at the postgame media podium. That dirty work was left to lesser teammates. There wasn't any James with a headset on talking to the TNT studio show stars. Sideline reporter Craig Sager told us James had slunk out of Orlando's Amway Arena with his mother and without a backward glance.

Hey, LeBron.

You want to be a star and have puppets cavorting in your honor on television commercials? You let talk ebb and flow about how you need the bigger stage that New York might provide in another year when you are a free agent and everyone will beg for your otherworldly basketball talent and indisputable will to win?

Then show up when it hurts too, when the world isn't being operated like a, well, puppet on a string in your favor.

In its way, Nadal's early departure from the tournament in which he had won 31 straight matches was just as big a deal as James' premature exit from an NBA playoffs in which most all the world was hoping for Kobe against LeBron. Nike ads, VitaminWater commercials, the puppets, all humanity seemed to demand a Lakers-Cleveland Finals, and the Cavaliers let them down.

But whatever limelight moments tennis gets in this country right now mostly center on the enthralling rivalry between Nadal and his personality and game-type opposite Roger Federer. And Nadal blew his chance for another week of personal adulation as well as being an ambassador for tennis by losing too early. But, hey, that's sports.

James waited until he got back to Cleveland on Sunday to open his mouth.

Too little, too late. For the next year, as his free-agency drama plays out, James is going to be the biggest story going in the NBA. He's going to face questions most every day about the quality of the team around him, about the quality of coaching, about what might await him in New York, Chicago . . . pick the big-market NBA city of your choice.

And will James just walk away every day?

His teammates and coaches excused his Saturday behavior. Winning meant so much to him, they said. He played so hard, tried so hard, wanted it so much. Maybe he was embarrassed about all that creative advertising brainpower wasted. Not that Nike's LeBron/Kobe puppet ads weren't cute and funny and who wouldn't go out and buy colored VitaminWater (I guess it has vitamins in it) because LeBron and Kobe guzzle it, but shouldn't these companies know a little bit about sports? Such as the winner isn't always who you think it will be?

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, James addressed a question Sunday about whether he will sign a contract renewal with the Cavaliers this summer with understandable vagueness.

"I don't know," James said. "I haven't thought about it just yet. I'm just going to take time off from basketball and not think about contracts or the game, period, and relax with my family. We'll figure out once it comes from" the Cavaliers.

James could have said that Saturday night and also maybe congratulated the Magic, shook a hand or two, praised a teammate even for helping the Cavaliers achieve 66 regular-season wins.

Even in his sadness over losing his first-ever French Open match, Nadal looked at a camera and said of Soderling, "I congratulate him and I'll keep working hard for the next tournament."

See, it's not that hard.

diane.pucin@latimes.com

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2009, 07:36:37 AM »
Steups, gih de man ah break, wha de hell, b/c he did not talk to de media and answer questions makes him a sore loser?  He is a competitor, not having tasted the highest level of success yet, namely the NBA championship, he is also 24 and growing, in time to come perhaps after never having won a ring (though I can't see that happening in the future) he will gladly talk to the media after being beaten in a 7-game series.  Media and dem jus want someting to write about.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2009, 11:42:27 AM »
One of the things you have to learn in sport is how to lose graciously.

Check it:

Hey LeBron, it's time to grow up
by Michael Rosenberg

Updated: June 1, 2009, 11:58 AM EDT
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9634478/Hey-LeBron,-it's-time-to-grow-up

Can somebody please tell LeBron James that "King" is not an official title?

James and his Cleveland Cavaliers just lost to Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals, and really, that should have been the low point of his week. It was not. LeBron followed up by refusing to shake hands with the Magic, storming out of Amway Arena in Orlando without answering reporters' questions and then defending himself when he was finally cornered Sunday.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said.

I'm with you on that, LeBron. Absolutely, it is hard. Not as hard as, say, putting in 12-hour days at a manufacturing plant, and certainly not as hard as getting laid off from the aforementioned manufacturing plant, but it's hard.

"I'm a winner," James continued, and I'll let that one slide, because he played like a winner even if his team did not. But then he said this:

"It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me."

Well, it does make sense to me. And you know who agrees with me?

Michael Jordan!

"I think Isiah did a heck of a job leading his team," Jordan said in June 1990 after he lost to his least favorite team (the Pistons) and one of his least favorite players (Isiah Thomas) in the Eastern Conference finals. "He initiated things and that's what he needed to do."

LeBron also said "It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand,"

but actually, it makes plenty of sense. And you know who agrees with me?

Magic Johnson!

"You hear so much talk about him as an individual player," Magic said in 1991, after Jordan's Bulls beat his Lakers, "but he's proved everyone wrong with this championship."

If you gave Jordan the choice between complimenting Isiah and having his tongue removed without an anesthetic, he would have asked you for a pair of pliers. And Magic, one of the most competitive athletes ever, surely did not like Jordan knocking him off his throne.

You're not supposed to like it. But you are supposed to do it.

LeBron needs to understand that.

In 1991, Jordan said the two-time defending champion Pistons had been bad for basketball with their overly physical play. The Pistons took offense, and after the Bulls swept them, several Pistons walked off the floor without shaking the Bulls' hands.

Media across the country ripped the Pistons (and rightfully so). Well, James deserves some heat, too. At least the Pistons had the excuse, however weak, that Jordan had denigrated their championship runs. The Magic did not come close to insulting LeBron.

He wasn't being competitive. He was just being a sore loser. And nobody likes a sore loser.

Look, I'm the same guy who wrote last month that LeBron is clearly the best player of his generation, that nobody else comes close, and that he has a chance to be the best player ever. And he did absolutely nothing in this series to make me think otherwise.

He averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.2 assists in the series.

Those are absurd numbers, and for comparison's sake: In the regular season, when he was merely the runaway MVP of the league, James averaged 28.4, 7.6 and 7.2. His supporting cast got exposed by the deeper, more skilled Magic. But James actually elevated his game in this series.

By walking off the floor and refusing to shake hands or answer questions, LeBron just gave his critics fuel. It is counterproductive.

But it was also just plain wrong. The difference between athletes and movie stars is that athletes can't just storm off the set. They are held accountable. When they fail, they're supposed to talk about it.

That is what makes sports so real, so alluring.

And you know who agrees with me?

LeBron James!

"We went up against a better team," James said in 2007, after losing to the San Antonio Spurs in his only Finals appearance so far. "We know the Spurs are definitely the better team in this series."

That was the LeBron I like. That was the guy who seems to combine everything you would want in an NBA star: athleticism, intelligence, skill, class, unselfishness.

This latest disappearing act makes me worry that the best player in the NBA is falling into the same trap as other star athletes. In sports, being in love with yourself means never having to say you're sorry.

LeBron should be better than that. He said he e-mailed Dwight Howard after the game. Howard deserved better than that, Orlando deserved better, and next time, LeBron James should do better.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2009, 11:50:01 AM »
Allyuh eh hear wha de man say or what?

The man say he is a champion, and if is one thing champions dont like is to lose. At least the man honest and not trying to pretend or to put on ah face or ah show and that is what I like. De man was blue vex!

Sore losers make the best winners, just ask Jordan.

He did say he called Dwight Howard afterwards to congratulate him.

All dem niceties and pleasantries could come after.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »

The man say he is a champion, and if is one thing champions dont like is to lose. At least the man honest and not trying to pretend or to put on ah face or ah show and that is what I like. De man was blue vex!

Sore losers make the best winners, just ask Jordan.

He did say he called Dwight Howard afterwards to congratulate him.

All dem niceties and pleasantries could come after.

Ent, ah bunch ah hoopla over nutten, anyway, onto de real deal, media want sometin to write about, there will be plenty in a few days to come

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »

The man say he is a champion

A Champion? What he win as a professional?
If that is his logic, he will be vex a long time.
He move like a little boy dey and get called for it.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2009, 10:11:52 AM »
Steups, gih de man ah break, wha de hell, b/c he did not talk to de media and answer questions makes him a sore loser?  He is a competitor, not having tasted the highest level of success yet, namely the NBA championship, he is also 24 and growing, in time to come perhaps after never having won a ring (though I can't see that happening in the future) he will gladly talk to the media after being beaten in a 7-game series.  Media and dem jus want someting to write about.

American sports is different from what we are accustomed to. Interviews are expected and the athletes are required to make themselves available to the media, regardless of their personal feelings at the time. It is considered a part of being a professional athlete. Notice how we get interviews in between quarters, at halftime and even hear what is said during time outs? That's the nature of American sports and to participate in it means that you've accepted this all-access-by-the-media kind of attitude.

At 24 he is old enough to be mature enough to make better decisions, even when disappointed. Guys are playing professional sport as young as 14 (maybe even younger) and they are expected to cope otherwise they do not survive. While 24 is young and mistakes will be made, he is old enough to accept responsibility for his actions. He is also old enough to accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue. Nadal said something in his defeat in that the same way he is calm in victory he will be calm in defeat. That's his personality and I am not suggesting that James be the same way, but the underlining message is he knows that he cannot only be "big" in victory, especially since defeat is inevitable... everyone experiences it.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »

American sports is different from what we are accustomed to. Interviews are expected and the athletes are required to make themselves available to the media, regardless of their personal feelings at the time. It is considered a part of being a professional athlete. Notice how we get interviews in between quarters, at halftime and even hear what is said during time outs? That's the nature of American sports and to participate in it means that you've accepted this all-access-by-the-media kind of attitude.

At 24 he is old enough to be mature enough to make better decisions, even when disappointed. Guys are playing professional sport as young as 14 (maybe even younger) and they are expected to cope otherwise they do not survive. While 24 is young and mistakes will be made, he is old enough to accept responsibility for his actions. He is also old enough to accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue. Nadal said something in his defeat in that the same way he is calm in victory he will be calm in defeat. That's his personality and I am not suggesting that James be the same way, but the underlining message is he knows that he cannot only be "big" in victory, especially since defeat is inevitable... everyone experiences it.

Dwoflman, I hear and agree w/some of what you state but in the end I think this is American media sensationalism at its very best.  Lebron made an emotional response to his team's defeat and a very mild one at that (namely not shaking the hands of the opposition and not speaking to the media), so in the end I think some slack can be cut for a # of reasons already stated.  The comparison w/Nadal is poor IMO, Nadal has tasted success at the highest levels and even if he did not Nadal is Nadal and Lebron is Lebron, next year if the Cavs go one step further and get swept by the Lakers in the championship  ;D we will know then if he (Lebron) has grown
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:34:27 PM by 100% Barataria »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
tennis does have a tournament every week.  yes, some are more important than others but the whole point of the basketball season is to survive to the end.  Nadal has a wimbledon title to defend in a few weeks, Lebron will be starting from scratch in November.

Not only that but a tennis player couldn't just walk away even if they wanted to.  Is the two participants alone on the court.  Not like the NBA where the court does get full up within moments.

Lebron was wrong, but like Barataria say the media just being sensationalist.  And hypocritical too: in baseball teams never shake hands.  that's just the tradition of the sport.  I never noticed that until an incident a few years ago when a member of the media went on a tirade about certain players being soft after seeing some people exchanging handshakes after a game.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »

Dwoflman, I hear and agree w/some of what you state but in the end I think this is American media sensationalism at its very best.  Lebron made an emotional response to his team's defeat and a very mild one at that (namely not shaking the hands of the opposition and not speaking to the media), so in the end I think some slack can be cut for a # of reasons already stated.  The comparison w/Nadal is poor IMO, Nadal has tasted success at the highest levels and even if he did not Nadal is Nadal and Lebron is Lebron, next year if the Cavs go one step further and get swept by the Lakers in the championship  ;D we will know then if he (Lebron) has grown

4got d defending champions Lakers

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »
tennis does have a tournament every week.  yes, some are more important than others but the whole point of the basketball season is to survive to the end.  Nadal has a wimbledon title to defend in a few weeks, Lebron will be starting from scratch in November.

Not only that but a tennis player couldn't just walk away even if they wanted to.  Is the two participants alone on the court.  Not like the NBA where the court does get full up within moments.

Tennis might have a tournament every week, but there are only 4 Grand Slams. Besides, those guys are at the top of their craft because losing is not something they like to do. It doesn't matter if they play tournaments every week. What say you then about an NBA basketball season being 82 games long? It's far easier to accept a loss as a loss when you have so many games to position yourself for the playoffs than every match you play potentially being your last of the tournament.

At the end of the day any competitor values their sport and their victories. I'm sure Nadal would have difficulty in accepting this as an argument as to why he can handle losing a Grand Slam tournament match and James cannot handle losing a playoff loss.

As for Barataria, you missed my point. I am not advocating the system of media access and subsequent reaction. People tend to use the sensationalism in defence of someone they like, but ignore it daily. What I am saying is that James is aware of the system and has agreed to be a part of it and must accept that his actions will have an impact. That's just the way it is. The measure of the degree of his response is going to differ and clearly it's not that big of a deal to you, but it means a lot more to the culture that expects certain responses from their athletes and they have the apparatus to strongly let him know what they think of his actions. Again, it's not an unfamilar system to him and he's certain to expect it and has probably already moved on from it.

If he weren't such a liked player would your reaction be the same? Would theirs have been the same? With great power comes great responsibility, not apathy.

1]; } ?>