March 29, 2024, 09:20:33 AM

Author Topic: 2009 Eastern Conf. Final Cleveland Cavaliers V Orlando Magic  (Read 12867 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Eastern Conf. Final Cleveland Cavaliers V Orlando Magic
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
tennis does have a tournament every week.  yes, some are more important than others but the whole point of the basketball season is to survive to the end.  Nadal has a wimbledon title to defend in a few weeks, Lebron will be starting from scratch in November.

Not only that but a tennis player couldn't just walk away even if they wanted to.  Is the two participants alone on the court.  Not like the NBA where the court does get full up within moments.

Tennis might have a tournament every week, but there are only 4 Grand Slams. Besides, those guys are at the top of their craft because losing is not something they like to do. It doesn't matter if they play tournaments every week. What say you then about an NBA basketball season being 82 games long? It's far easier to accept a loss as a loss when you have so many games to position yourself for the playoffs than every match you play potentially being your last of the tournament.

At the end of the day any competitor values their sport and their victories. I'm sure Nadal would have difficulty in accepting this as an argument as to why he can handle losing a Grand Slam tournament match and James cannot handle losing a playoff loss.

As for Barataria, you missed my point. I am not advocating the system of media access and subsequent reaction. People tend to use the sensationalism in defence of someone they like, but ignore it daily. What I am saying is that James is aware of the system and has agreed to be a part of it and must accept that his actions will have an impact. That's just the way it is. The measure of the degree of his response is going to differ and clearly it's not that big of a deal to you, but it means a lot more to the culture that expects certain responses from their athletes and they have the apparatus to strongly let him know what they think of his actions. Again, it's not an unfamilar system to him and he's certain to expect it and has probably already moved on from it.

If he weren't such a liked player would your reaction be the same? Would theirs have been the same? With great power comes great responsibility, not apathy.

Dread, leh we jus agree to disagree yes, I did not miss your pt but clearly this methodology of comm may not help to clear it up quickly, blessings  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>