April 29, 2024, 09:07:29 AM

Author Topic: IF NOT WENGER, WHO?  (Read 4497 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IF NOT WENGER, WHO?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 09:06:12 PM »
Excerpt from an article by Tim Bradbury of Football fancast.

Was this all part of Wengers masterplan
.................My cynical brain tells me that it was all a clever ploy by the Frenchman, who subsequently got the reassurance he needed - the fans still worship him and the board are clearly set to play ball by backing him in the transfer market.
It is reassuring to know and I have believed for some time now that Arsene has been made to carry the can for far too long. The board have hid behind him, making statements suggesting that the lack of expenditure was simply down to Wenger, and not being accountable for the lack of resources. It was not right, and the fact that Usmanov came out early last week offering to finance transfers, on top of the news, that broke on Saturday, that Arsene will only be getting a budget of £13m suggests who are the real culprits for the apparent prudency at Arsenal. I wonder if this so called budget of £13m, plus the grief he got by a section of support at the shareholders meeting, was what tipped Wenger over the edge and to make this calculated Madrid outburst. It has certainly had the desired effect it would seem, and that can only bode well for the future.

http://www.footballfancast.com/blog/arsenal/was-all-a-part-wengers-masterplan/13304
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:52:50 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IF NOT WENGER, WHO?
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 02:20:09 PM »
he nto going anywhere

BUT

if roumours are true and someone in europe wants to give us for adebayor, i hope we take it and run

1]; } ?>