March 28, 2024, 03:53:03 PM

Author Topic: 'Bleeder' chooses country over club trial  (Read 12160 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Bleeder' chooses country over club trial
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 04:21:28 PM »
I keep seeing you guys repeating things like Skilla is a special talent. My question to you choir members is , What makes him special? I did not see the game in Cuba but every game I have seen him play he has looked ordinary at best and quite out of place at worst. Am I missing something here or are the various clubs he has been to also are talent blind. Skilla reminds me of a small goal post champ. (s)Kill yuh in small places but the big field is not for him. Maybe I am slow in spotting talent but I have a hard time jumping on the Skilla bandwagon. He should not even be in the first 30 that is called. I am waiting for him to prove me wrong so I can be rediculed by the cognoscenti.

You hit the nail on the head twice in that post.

I think he would be better suited as a CAM aka Latas role

He is not a winger..He drifts into CM when on the left... I think cuz he have a gifted Left foot he is being wrongly placed on the left... If we were playing a 4-5-1 and Latapy was not playing I would want Skilla behind the striker

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
bleeder afraid of challenges scared to be away from TnT, some how I get the feeling that he thinks that he a big fish in a small pond. He scared of failure so he does try full heartily and he is not the first player from TnT to do so I give credit to Sancho for sticking it out when a lot us said he should come home

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
he right to stay home

the spetial advithor cyar afford to bring home EVERY forren based player to play for the TTFF Team
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
I hope dis dotishness doh ruin him.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 09:53:57 PM »
I keep seeing you guys repeating things like Skilla is a special talent. My question to you choir members is , What makes him special? I did not see the game in Cuba but every game I have seen him play he has looked ordinary at best and quite out of place at worst. Am I missing something here or are the various clubs he has been to also are talent blind. Skilla reminds me of a small goal post champ. (s)Kill yuh in small places but the big field is not for him. Maybe I am slow in spotting talent but I have a hard time jumping on the Skilla bandwagon. He should not even be in the first 30 that is called. I am waiting for him to prove me wrong so I can be rediculed by the cognoscenti.

He is not a winger..He drifts into CM when on the left... I think cuz he have a gifted Left foot he is being wrongly placed on the left... If we were playing a 4-5-1 and Latapy was not playing I would want Skilla behind the striker

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 05:39:58 AM »

Sm, Fyzoman thinks that I am dissing peeps who think that Keon is special. No! I am asking for the proof that he is. Didnt he play CM for petrotrin last year? Was he even in the running for player of the year? Alot of peeps saw Keon playing as a youth and maybe he was destructive a la Clauzel but maybe a la Clauzel he is finding difficult to bridge the gap to senior and international level. This happens to many players. I am just awaiting him to show me, and many others like me who consider him a drag on the team, how special he is. If he does I would be the first one here saying I was wrong but judging by what I have seen so far I have a funny feeling that he will be saving me typing time.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2009, 07:11:41 AM »
Large up Bleeder!!! you do yuh f*&king ting!!!! and F876k all the armchair coaches!

He is still Bleeder and i dont think he got de name from making defenses sweat and bleed. I believe its more along de pullin stones side of things.

To go from pulling to bleeding is a vast improvement on his part though.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
co-sign
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
Large up Bleeder!!! you do yuh f*&king ting!!!! and F876k all the armchair coaches!

He is still Bleeder and i dont think he got de name from making defenses sweat and bleed. I believe its more along de pullin stones side of things.

To go from pulling to bleeding is a vast improvement on his part though.

Actually he was beating out a gyal and he skin rip..and he run out de house screaming and bleeding.  :rotfl:

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
I was trying hard to reserve meh comments from this chread, but ah cyah resist de temptation no more....  I glad to see people realize dat if de man getting call up for trials den obviously coaches must be seeing someting in de player...  I figure too dat de men and dem who balling Bleeder cyah play is de men who never kick ah lime in dey life.  All yuh does maybe watch fitball from yuh couch as ah next man suggest or must be does play it on de nintendo....and den it have some who going in de stadium to all de game and talking ah pack ah AS% in front ah meh, liming, cracking joke, drunk, disorderly, quarelling bout offside call and still doh understand what is ah offside - Dem kinda fanatics does get me vex...

BUT, den it have men like touches and TI, Big Mag and odders who does go and really analyze de fitball, and analyze men technical ability and could give yuh ah proper account ah de game....Ah man might make a pass and de player doh receive it...yuh know what de SHithong goh ball? - Oh gwaadd he cyah play ah tall....but de man who know bout fitball goh look and see if de receiver did actually make ah effort to come to ball or if he didnt read de play properly....Dese is de little tings ah does try to get all yuh to understand, but all yuh prefer remain loud mouth fans with no fitball sense.   If all yuh start watching de game as a fitballer and not as somebody who jes want to see good beat (Keon Daniel) or ah man shooting hard and wide all de time.  If all yuh start watching de fitball different, den yuh would see why coaches will continue to request Theobald services.

Nevertheless, now yuh seeing where men heart truly is.....Bleeder aint no pretty boy fitballer with ah big chain rong he neck and ah earing in he ears, showing up late for training or pulling square in de session with de odder men who went de world cup or who play in foreign......Dis player does exercise utmost humility and discipline.  And to make de decision to stay and work hard for his country - Kudos to him.....And for de ignorant.......................................LEARN FITBALL!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »
Hmmm...Touches boy...ah never realize yuh is a Theobald fan.

BIG UP!!!  :beermug: ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »
play yuh fittbal
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2009, 01:35:56 PM »
Betcha if San Jose was giving him 1million dollars he would walk to them.  he staying because is small money they will offer if he makes it, and think he can get discovered more if he play on the national team

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »
So anybody went training?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2009, 05:33:21 PM »
I was trying hard to reserve meh comments from this chread, but ah cyah resist de temptation no more....  

Yeah right  ::)....doh try dat...yuh post as soon as yuh see de "chread".... :devil: ;D
BTW, wha is a "chread"??....ah cross between ah thread and ah chair??... ??? :devil: ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 05:40:47 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
I cant see K.Daniel starting over a fit Samuel on the LW... Sammy helps defend and can attack... but Skilla is a special talent and if he's 100% fit then maybe

xuse meh, wha game was dat ? ah think I missed it...ah saw most TT games, some ToFC games, must have been the St. Johnstone games...
ah don't like Theobald, because he is too passive, however, an error free (is there such a player in football)version could be a good role player, however, given the juggling and bouncing of the past teams, other than Ince, ah not sure what anybody role is...It's up to Latapy to correct that, and maybe we would see the best of Bleeder, and everybody else...ah have hope. Yet even under such role playing circumstances(BeenE), I found him to out of the picture...he demands the ball yes, controls well yes, and makes 7, 8 passes back and lateral, for every aggresive pass forward, such as when he does, it looks poor, because his own forwards weren't expecting it...I think he works hard and may be capable, but seems to intent on not making mistakes, by to often opting for the safer play...good for a club (regularly coached strategy), but ah thrown together National team, I would prefer who will step up, take the CRicans by the horns, and fling dem whey..Ole, Ole meh rass....I'm still not sure if he/Latapy will recognize and/or able to fix that IMHO...other question is, what are the options..I haven't ever seen Noel (player of the year, PoY), heard of another Oliver, can't Travel...Don't have that much confidence in Daniel (he remind me of one of my kids), talented like Hell, but would rather play alone..I not sure of Leon, can't have a Yorke and a Bleeder, well some might think we could.. I know who ah want, ah Whitley clone(yesterday's Whitley, doh know wha today's about)...who could play that role...Hard back, hard front, cracking pass, blasting shot, make ah mistake, play harder kinda player...Can Bleeder be that, or Bleeder just want to play he fitball, n be himself, or does he want to be better than himself..he not to old to bring it, ALL the time.. ..dah's meh rant, buh ah love dem all still, like meh own.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2009, 11:49:53 PM »
cool post max
BTW..we beating Costa Rica
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 03:58:40 AM »
Men stay bad-talking de man and downplaying his talent, but people want him. Coach after coach want him. MLS want him. He's been on SUCCESSFUL trials on more than one occasion. Yet people still saying he eh good. Me eh know what dem coaches thinking. They need to watch him from de couch like the rest of us, I guess.
     Breds you take the words out my mouth,i was just wondering if is the same Bleeder clubs outside still offering contracts,don't matter what this guy do he can't please people.Sancho for example did the same thing with his club before the last WC came home to play for T&T everyone big him up as a hero,if those clubs really wants Bleeder,after the qualifying round they will come back.   

Whoa!! Neither of your comments can have been well thought out. How many pro clubs outside of T&T has Theobald ACTUALLY played for and in what leagues. Do you know how many foreign players go on Trial every year at UK clubs buh get turn down! (I imagine its the same for most leagues that pay a decent wage or provide some level of global exposure) The only place those trials does make news is usually in the players home country, the average fan of the club in question rarely even finds out the player was there unless they is the real hardcore. I have personnally witnessed some completely useless trialists at Forest over the years and always wondered why the club had even bothered in the first place. Why? Agents and Scouts that why. As elan had said is potential they saw and checking and hoping they found ah genuine consistent player. If Theobald as worthwhile as some would make us believe he would at the very least be a regular performer in a European or American league. There has to be some flaw with him somewhere....be honest.

Oh and get it right....Theobald was not offered a contract....he was offered a trail, maybe they hurt his feelings.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:10:31 AM by Rodney »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »
Men stay bad-talking de man and downplaying his talent, but people want him. Coach after coach want him. MLS want him. He's been on SUCCESSFUL trials on more than one occasion. Yet people still saying he eh good. Me eh know what dem coaches thinking. They need to watch him from de couch like the rest of us, I guess.
     Breds you take the words out my mouth,i was just wondering if is the same Bleeder clubs outside still offering contracts,don't matter what this guy do he can't please people.Sancho for example did the same thing with his club before the last WC came home to play for T&T everyone big him up as a hero,if those clubs really wants Bleeder,after the qualifying round they will come back.   

Whoa!! Neither of your comments can have been well thought out. How many pro clubs outside of T&T has Theobald ACTUALLY played for and in what leagues. Do you know how many foreign players go on Trial every year at UK clubs buh get turn down! (I imagine its the same for most leagues that pay a decent wage or provide some level of global exposure) The only place those trials does make news is usually in the players home country, the average fan of the club in question rarely even finds out the player was there unless they is the real hardcore. I have personnally witnessed some completely useless trialists at Forest over the years and always wondered why the club had even bothered in the first place. Why? Agents and Scouts that why. As elan had said is potential they saw and checking and hoping they found ah genuine consistent player. If Theobald as worthwhile as some would make us believe he would at the very least be a regular performer in a European or American league. There has to be some flaw with him somewhere....be honest.

Oh and get it right....Theobald was not offered a contract....he was offered a trail, maybe they hurt his feelings.

Lide d Falkirk coach did back in 06.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2009, 08:05:25 AM »
Do you know how many foreign players go on Trial every year at UK clubs buh get turn down!
Yeah, like Keon, Tinto, Abu Bakr, Cornell until recently, Whitley in Vietnam... favorites of many in one way or another. But Bleeder is a shithound? Say what you will about how he used his opportunities, but the fact remains that he passed the muster to even be in those positions. But he's a shithound.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:18 AM »

Rodney...you sounding like ah real fight down killah....maybe one day yuh would wake up and be happy and supportive of ah fellow soca warrior who trying to do something.....ah could hear de grim and malice in yuh words (Nothing positive)
Respect doh bredrin.......hopefully people doh fight you dong de same way and undermine yuh achievements

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »

Whoa!! Neither of your comments can have been well thought out. How many pro clubs outside of T&T has Theobald ACTUALLY played for and in what leagues. Do you know how many foreign players go on Trial every year at UK clubs buh get turn down! (I imagine its the same for most leagues that pay a decent wage or provide some level of global exposure) The only place those trials does make news is usually in the players home country, the average fan of the club in question rarely even finds out the player was there unless they is the real hardcore. I have personally witnessed some completely useless trialists at Forest over the years and always wondered why the club had even bothered in the first place. Why? Agents and Scouts that why. As elan had said is potential they saw and checking and hoping they found ah genuine consistent player. If Theobald as worthwhile as some would make us believe he would at the very least be a regular performer in a European or American league. There has to be some flaw with him somewhere....be honest.

Rodney...you sounding like ah real fight down killah....maybe one day yuh would wake up and be happy and supportive of ah fellow soca warrior who trying to do something.....ah could hear de grim and malice in yuh words (Nothing positive)
Respect doh bredrin.......hopefully people doh fight you dong de same way and undermine yuh achievements

And proud to be so, if that is what you think I was doing. I don't believe in being blindly supportive of T&T players simply because they play fuh the national team. Call me what yuh like, be Theobald a genuinely good player or not, I am merely pointing out using the number of trails a player has had as a yardstick to measure a players quality is a totally flawed argument, especially in modern football.

Even so, What a dull site this would be if everyone simply used this site to congratulate and praise their favourite players. I hope you realise that criticism is part and parcel of life, sometimes its malicious, sometimes its constructive. You are proof everyone interprets it in their own way.

Do you honestly think Densil Theobald plots his career path on the words in this forum? If you do, well, I'll leave you to the cheerleading.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2009, 06:13:41 PM »
I am merely pointing out using the number of trails a player has had as a yardstick to measure a players quality is a totally flawed argument
That wasn't the argument I was using, though. I typed the word 'successful' in front of the word 'trials'.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »
I am merely pointing out using the number of trails a player has had as a yardstick to measure a players quality is a totally flawed argument
That wasn't the argument I was using, though. I typed the word 'successful' in front of the word 'trials'.

I know yuh used the word which is why i also said how many clubs outside T&T has he actually played for. As saying successful usually implies he gained a contract afterwards. And Falkirk doh count for obivious reasons. But before you or others start bristlin, I am yet to see where I said Theobald is ah Shithound, I think he is a competent player, and was once clearly one of our better players. I don't see that currently which is why I think he should have taken the offer from San Jose.

But as I said, is his career and I doubt he does make judgements based on our forum opinions. Ah still could have one though.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2009, 07:02:58 AM »
But as I said, is his career and I doubt he does make judgements based on our forum opinions. Ah still could have one though.

Boy yuh eh hear a player(s) eh get ah contract because ah we??.....our opinions are highly regarded out in the footballing world!!.. :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2009, 07:06:24 AM »

Boy yuh eh hear a player(s) eh get ah contract because ah we??.....our opinions are highly regarded out in the footballing world!!.. :devil: ;D

Now we helpin d opposition by postin d training info. All yuh need 2 stop it.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2009, 07:11:57 AM »

Now we helpin d opposition by postin d training info. All yuh need 2 stop it.

Heh heh heh.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »
 ::) My 2 cents... I never thought Theobold was a quality midfielder, he loses the ball too much, he lacks true vision ,touch and commitment for that position ,he makes more errant  passes than good ones and he generally don't make the best decisions when on the field ... If u look at Whitley or even Daniel you can see their natural ability for that midfield position...doh get meh wrong Daniel has a long way to go but he has the raw talent that can get him to become a quality midfielder . Now granted I've never seen Theobold play in the Pro-League so maybe he lighting up the field when he plays then...maybe that is what is getting him in the National team...but not one person could say that this man has been a quality midfielder in any of the games he's played in this campaign and I've watched every game that he's played in twice and each time he was more of a liability than an asset. So what... that he getting all these trials..as somebody said before.. these are trials...which are basically  job interviews...like any other job interview his abilities are assessed then an offer would be made based on his skill level for that job...he hasn't gotten a lot of offers based on all trials he's had..so looking at that alone says ah lot...his ROI(return on investment) is negative so why is he still on the team? ???
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:36:37 AM by noize »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »
 Oh, he passing up on opportunity.  ::)   
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2009, 11:32:52 AM »
::) My 2 cents... I never thought Theobold was a quality midfielder, he loses the ball too much, he lacks true vision ,touch and commitment for that position ,he makes more errant  passes than good ones and he generally don't make the best decisions when on the field ... If u look at Whitley or even Daniel you can see their natural ability for that midfield position...doh get meh wrong Daniel has a long way to go but he has the raw talent that can get him to become a quality midfielder . Now granted I've never seen Theobold play in the Pro-League so maybe he lighting up the field when he plays then...maybe that is what is getting him in the National team...but not one person could say that this man has been a quality midfielder in any of the games he's played in this campaign and I've watched every game that he's played in twice and each time he was more of a liability than an asset. So what... that he getting all these trials..as somebody said before.. these are trials...which are basically  job interviews...like any other job interview his abilities are assessed then an offer would be made based on his skill level for that job...he hasn't gotten a lot of offers based on all trials he's had..so looking at that alone says ah lot...his ROI(return on investment) is negative so why is he still on the team? ???

I cannot agree with this...

He may not have a natural ability like the others but you could never doubt his work rate and dedication. 

I have always said if he was a bit stronger and a better tackler he would actually beat Birchall for that starting spot cause he has better technique and good fitness.

But if Latapy is citing our need to play at a faster pace he definitely will be in the fray cause its that same technique that will serve him in that role.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>