April 20, 2024, 03:26:57 AM

Author Topic: Sbragia scuppers Jones' Tottenham move  (Read 14811 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Cats reject £20m Spurs bid as Jones signs new deal.
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2009, 10:19:32 AM »
nice Breitling!!

... was Ricky Sbragia in No Country for Old Men?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »
Yuh would swear some people on here does pay KJ salary... So what!!! if he stays with Sunderland. The man and his agent knows what's best for him and his family.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »
Yuh would swear some people on here does pay KJ salary... So what!!! if he stays with Sunderland. The man and his agent knows what's best for him and his family.

Ahhhemmmm ..... this is the forum that big up KJ to the point where Spurs Scouts pick up on the hype.

We waiting for the Forum cut.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »
wow allyuh go fight down anybody yes.....man vex with ah team for valuing one ah we own players yes....aye KJ do yuh thing boi if man say u is crap....but a coach with football credentials say you have value...den who opinion have more weight...the man developing good, and he scoring, and i hope to see the man come and real buss up the net for the hex so that all ah allyuh wagonist dem go start to wag allyuh tongue and big up the man now...steups...i just hope Sunderland invest in a midfield that can give the man some nice lil ball instead ah this boom kick in the box cause he tall crap.

Bless

I don't see it as a "fight down"... more a realistic assessment.  I'm happy for Kenwyne, but I'm not sure he's worth that price.  Imagine if Sunderland was definitely headed for relegation and one of the Big Four came calling for his services... if Sunderland insisted on £20 million for him 90% of the people on this board would be calling them "crazy", "greedy" and "bad mind" for deny KJ a chance at a bigger club.  But that's Sunderland's problem.

Happy for Kenwyne.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
I am so glad and proud of Kenwyne,what people don't understand is when,how,where and why he get this deal is irrelevant,he got a deal and we should be all glad for him,nothing is better than when you can make that kind of money doing the thing you love,if we can just pause for a Minuit and check the players today who in that bracket we must commend Kenwyne on this achievement,our icon Latapy never got any where near that,well done Kenwyne just continue to do your do and make us proud.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
Me eint see any criticism or fight down attal ,alyah is be seeing things or what  ??? ,I see sarcasm  .I think u guys is imagining things and posting oui .

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2009, 01:06:16 PM »
Stern is a far better striker, I don't know why he never get a contract so  ???

lol....u serious?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
Stern is a far better striker, I don't know why he never get a contract so  ???

lol....u serious?

Bullseye!! Another one bites the dust...........lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
so jones getting 2 million tt ah month? or is my maths off
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
Who see his big grin when we was signing the deal  ;D

He deserves it... KJ and Scotty go light up concacaf! and we have Kendal also  :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »
It does not matter if Stern better than KJ or KJ better than Scotty. We have three good strikers. We have good options. The problem is our mid-field. If we don't resolve that issue. KJ, Scotty,Stern, Cornell would not be able to do nothing. Our biggest issue is mid-field and defence. If Mats and Latas can resolve that, they will get the order of TT.

Congrats to KJ on his contract signing. It would have been nice for him to go to Spurs, But Sunderland wants him bad. The are willing to pay 50,000 a week to keep him. If that is the case, then he is worth every penny. KJ boy, I "envy" you. God Speed.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
well look trouble now..Sunderland playing Stoke ob the 7th will he be released before that for the game on the 11th.......

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
Me eint see any criticism or fight down attal ,alyah is be seeing things or what  ??? ,I see sarcasm  .I think u guys is imagining things and posting oui .

yuh know at first i and all thought was sarcasm, but i realize men serious...dat is the beauty of de forum (and life) it takes all kinds...how in this world someone could question some friggin english club for throwing money at one ah we own for playing ah GAME he love, well i just don't know what to say....but again dat is de beauty of de forum, KJ big up yuhself!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
adios Spurs
enjoy the Championship
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
yuh know at first i and all thought was sarcasm, but i realize men serious...dat is the beauty of de forum (and life) it takes all kinds...how in this world someone could question some friggin english club for throwing money at one ah we own for playing ah GAME he love, well i just don't know what to say....but again dat is de beauty of de forum, KJ big up yuhself!!!!!

It's called being objective. I don't expect you to understand the concept... few do on this forum.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2009, 09:51:08 PM »

It's called being objective. I don't expect you to understand the concept... few do on this forum.

like ah say bredda dat is de beauty of de forum, men who understands concepts, men who don't...once again KJ big up self!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »
objectively speaking, 50k a week is par for the course for a EPL franchise player.

This is a great day for TT football.

One of our own has been rewarded with a lucrative contract, but more importantly the team has signalled their intentions to build the team around him. That is about the biggest vote of confidence you could get from a team and I hope it Spurs KJ on to realize his limitless potential.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »
like ah say bredda dat is de beauty of de forum, men who understands concepts, men who don't...once again KJ big up self!

Objectivity allows you to distance yourself from the situation and ask tough question w/o bias, no?

Ent really have anything to do with KJ himself... I couldn't be happier for the yute.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2009, 05:21:25 AM »
objectively speaking, 50k a week is par for the course for a EPL franchise player.

One of our own has been rewarded with a lucrative contract, but more importantly the team has signalled their intentions to build the team around him. That is about the biggest vote of confidence you could get from a team and I hope it Spurs KJ on to realize his limitless potential.

For a top 6 prem player average I think is about £30K

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2009, 06:49:46 AM »

EPL Franchise player...

you know the kind you build your team around?

by the way kev, what did you think of the performance yesterday? I know they win, so you must think the performance must have been below par. j/k  ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2009, 07:27:51 AM »
Nice interview kenwyne.......he talking and smiling/blushing.  He just showing the world how "cool" he is...lol.

ah love it!!

nb: nice to hear de trini accent!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2009, 07:45:07 AM »

EPL Franchise player...

you know the kind you build your team around?

by the way kev, what did you think of the performance yesterday? I know they win, so you must think the performance must have been below par. j/k  ;D

Sorry didn't understand what you meant (too Americanised for me)

See the game thread for my view.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2009, 09:43:21 AM »
Harry Rednapp and Alex McLeish had Jones to his pleasure once, he let him go and now he sorry....

Same with Man-Utd when Jones, Forbes and Blackman went on trial....

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Harry Rednapp and Alex McLeish had Jones to his pleasure once, he let him go and now he sorry....

Same with Man-Utd when Jones, Forbes and Blackman went on trial....

... and it have men who does come here and bawl Man U coaches are the best at spotting young talent.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tottenham line up new offer for Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2009, 08:25:29 PM »
Tottenham line up new offer for Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones
The Guardian

Tottenham Hotspur are set to revive their interest in the Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones in the summer, though their prospects of signing the Trinidad & Tobago forward may depend upon whether the Wearsiders are able to retain their Premier League status this weekend.

A sloppy defeat at Portsmouth on Monday night left Ricky Sbragia's side needing to beat Chelsea at the Stadium of Light on Sunday to ensure they remain in the top flight. A loss, combined with victories for Hull City and Newcastle United, would drag Sunderland back into the Championship and, while that grim prospect is unlikely to deter the Irish-American businessman Ellis Short from taking over the club at the end of the season, relegation would impact upon the playing staff.

Jones, who scored his 11th goal of the season at Portsmouth, was the subject of interest from Spurs in the mid-winter window but signed a four-and-a-half-year contract at the end of January.

However, he was non-committal when asked if he would honour that deal should the Wearsiders go down. "If we stay up, of course I'll stay," he said. "I've committed myself to the club. If we stay up, I am definitely going to be here. But, if we go down, I can't say what's going to happen tomorrow.

"Obviously things do happen in those situations. Tottenham have been linked with me quite strongly. I can only focus on the job I have now, trying my best and playing well to keep the club up. I just have to work hard and do the best I can for Sunderland."

Upheaval is expected in the summer, regardless of which division the club end up in, with Sbragia – who replaced Roy Keane as manager in December on an 18-month deal – expected to return to a coaching role at the Stadium of Light as Short secures a high-profile replacement. The chairman, Niall Quinn, has indicated that the manager's position will be "reviewed" once the season has concluded, with players – most notably the on-loan striker Djibril Cissι – also expected to move on.

Jones remains the side's principal asset, despite admitting that he has struggled for form and fitness throughout his second season at the club. "It's not necessarily been my best season," he conceded. "It's been interrupted by injuries. I've been carrying niggles all season. I only recently started to feel 100% fit again. Hopefully I can at least do a job until the end of the season and look forward to next season. But, first of all, I have to do the job at hand."

That hinges upon defeating Chelsea – a draw might not be enough should the sides below them win – with Sunderland's players conceding the task ahead is daunting. "We cannot look for any excuses," added the midfielder Teemu Tainio. "We have had more than enough chances to win our last two games and get the club safe. We are bitterly disappointed not to get the points we need (at Portsmouth), but the only thing now is to believe that we can beat Chelsea.

"It is not the finish any of us wanted, but this is what we have left to do and we have to face a big challenge. The other teams have tough games also but we do not want to come off the pitch on Sunday asking what the other scores are. We have to get the job done."

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:27:00 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sbragia scuppers Jones' Tottenham move
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2009, 01:23:32 AM »
Don't think it matters what happens tbh I think he will be sold in the summer anyway providing the price is right.

Kenwyne has always been very coy / careful on his future in interviews and there is nothing wrong with that at all, however he would of been better keeping his mouth shut until after the weekend on this though as the fans will not take a great view on it either way Sunday ends up.

As for Sbragia well he has to go and to be truthful he shouldn't even be a coach at the club, I was complaining about the coaching, lack of organistaion etc before he became manager when he was the coach under Keane, I have seen any changes since he became manager indeed the performances have dropped since the players have no "fear factor" that Keane provided and obviously some of the players need. 

1]; } ?>