March 28, 2024, 12:52:50 PM

Author Topic: Based on the recent performance in Mexico Should Anton and his staff be retained  (Read 3252 times)

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
There has been a lot of uproar over the recent performance of the U-17's in Mexico and what should be done about it. There seems to be a school of thought that the coaching staff should be released. Putting your personal feelings aside are there any real arguments to be made that would warrant the present coaching staff of the U-17's to be retained.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Were the appointments contemplated for the period beyond Mexico?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Nope. They should be put to coach Joe Public so Jack could see how good he really is. All these national coaches should be involved with a local league side, even if it is not pro league, in order for us to get a fair barometer of what they can do before they reach on the national scene.

Anton never coach nowhere except Alcon coaching school...that just wrong! And even then it wasn't nothing to do with tactics, it was skills he was teaching.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Maybe they are
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nope. They should be put to coach Joe Public so Jack could see how good he really is. All these national coaches should be involved with a local league side, even if it is not pro league, in order for us to get a fair barometer of what they can do before they reach on the national scene.

Anton never coach nowhere except Alcon coaching school...that just wrong! And even then it wasn't nothing to do with tactics, it was skills he was teaching.
       Breds how long Anton working with our national Snr and Youth teams?did you know Anton left a coaching job in the US to come back home and accept that job he has.
        When you say Anton never coach nowhere what you really mean?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Breds how long Anton working with our national Snr and Youth teams?did you know Anton left a coaching job in the US to come back home and accept that job he has.

I for one wasn't aware that Anton left a coaching job in the States to come back home and accept the job he has.

Care to tell us what coaching job that was?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nope !!!!!

To many flaws and the players don't respect both him and McComie and that makes it worst as you will never get the best out of them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Maybe they are

Ah hear yuh! Just wanted to toss that out there before proceeding.

It's possible they were indefinite in nature ... the "performance review and assessment" of technical staff that have been referenced by several posters may also track that indefinite characteristic ... probably exist informally and ad hoc, rather than in a structured, documented format.

Reviewer: "So Anton, wha waz de scenes wid Mexico?"

Anton: "Dem fellas lapse ... plain and simple dey lapse!"

Reviewer: "So wha yuh suggest?"

Anton: "Steups ... fuh de most part, look fuh some new youths to blood."

To answer the question, assuming the appointments run, the Head Coach's resignation should be tendered.

I've suggested on here before that Anton should depart to ply his trade elsewhere. It's difficult to see what he gains in terms of professional development from being in such an incestuous environment. Leave and return reconstituted.

A credible U-17 WC coach would/should catch the eye of foreign outfits.  

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile

Coops...what team has Anton coached for a season, discounting his national affiliation. Please let me know so I can judge the man fairly based on his results.

Let me clarify that I went to Alcons for years and I have no personal beef with the Corneals, they always treated me well there and Anton worked directly with me as a coach. I just saying that even when Alcons was playing in a league, he wasn't a coach then and I doh recall him even so much as coaching a school team. Even when Alcons play in the youth league, Anton wasn't the man dealing with tactics and all of that. I know the man full of knowledge, but i just find that people should at least show that they were a coach, they do so and so before they get a job for life at the national level. Especially when they get a more than fair chance and fail !
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:04:01 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My very good sources as informed me that the next coach of the under 15 (drum roll please) Mr. Anton Corneal. No screening has commenced yet but coach has been selected. So any parents out there who post or lurk make sure u could take buff and no ipods and u go b aok. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
The question nnyman18 is a good one. In order to objectively answer that question we will have to find out what were the outcomes required/desired from the tournament in Mexico. Maybe it was to just participate and see where the players/team at in comparison to their peers in CONCACAF, who knows. The TTFF is accountable to no one and therefore all we could do is specualte. I would think that if results were in the top 5 acheivement requirements for the technical staff, then there is no way the coaching staff can or should be retained. To add to the results, what is happening in the media right now among the coaches and the players parents is very discreditable to the TTFF and the coaches who should be expected to act as professionals.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
NO!  After the first loss of 7-0 to Mexico, that is ah sign.  You have to question the coaches tactics and also the adjustments made.  Anton Corneal and Co. need to leave we youth football alone. PLEASE!!!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
My very good sources as informed me that the next coach of the under 15 (drum roll please) Mr. Anton Corneal. No screening has commenced yet but coach has been selected. So any parents out there who post or lurk make sure u could take buff and no ipods and u go b aok. 

If daz true talk, den Anton well movin backwards.

Senior Team assistant coach, Olympic Squad, Under 21's, Under 20's, Under 17's, now Under 15's.....

De rate he goin, he go be coachin foetus in de womb by 2014... ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

If daz true talk, den Anton well movin backwards.

Senior Team assistant coach, Olympic Squad, Under 21's, Under 20's, Under 17's, now Under 15's.....

De rate he goin, he go be coachin foetus in de womb by 2014... ;D

U eh seein d master plan he takin dem from d under 15 straight up to 2018. Coach 4 Life
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You know i see they give LaFoucade we national Youth team to coach and nobody complain,you know what people was saying?he have all the papers he well qualified,all them St Anthony players come from he coaching school,he never play Football nowhere or ever coach a club team,is not now that going on it have plenty of them in T&T. 

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
There has been a lot of uproar over the recent performance of the U-17's in Mexico and what should be done about it. There seems to be a school of thought that the coaching staff should be released. Putting your personal feelings aside are there any real arguments to be made that would warrant the present coaching staff of the U-17's to be retained.

Nah they had their chance...things did not work out so its time for a complete change.   Thanks for the efforts and service Anton and Staff.   :beermug:   On to a new coach, staff and strategy

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well seeing that swine flu saved the technical staff I dont see performance as a guideline to any present or future appointments.
When the team returned i half expected at least one sports reporter to illicit a response to a direct question on the team's poor showing ..instead it was all about swine flu.
This team was prepared and said to be ready .... what happened ?? yet we found out more about the team's swine flu arrangements , not saying that was not important, than anything to do with their performances on the field.
Next we got the coach's assessment of his charges .....is about ipods , lack of desire etc. yeah blame de common entrance class when everybody failed !!
what happens next ...life goes on ...
as someone remarked the TTFF is answerable to no one ! the only input they want from us is support so they could get more money from de government.
This approach eh nothing new ...remember when Look Loy came back from ah youth tournament as coach , after boasting dat we were ready ? he even say ..we were not in dem fellas class ...result ..big promotion in the organisation..
look how many years Shabazz coaching de women's team ...check the results ...bigger promotion after every defeat .
Allyuh doh jump on Corneal... man looking to fault Corneal ..he just doing what all dem fellas before him do after similar results ...
Allyuh forgetting how many times Issa, Alvin, Warner etc get recycled or what.
man asking what kinda qualifications is needed for a coach in T&T ...none !!! Just good contacts ..you eh even have to have coached any team before ...Doh take it out on Corneal , Look at Latapy , which team he coached ? ..yet de excuse is de same as corneal ...some team in foreign ..with no records or history ..and we does accept dat .
So if de senior WC coach , the most important coach in de ting, eh have to have no experience what dey asking lesser coaches for ..and therefore what does performance matter ? de ting dun turn ole mas already !!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latas coached in Falkirk. Assistant.??????

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latas coached in Falkirk. Assistant.??????

stats ?? and for which team in which league ? .. one an dem foreign ting again ...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Well seeing that swine flu saved the technical staff I dont see performance as a guideline to any present or future appointments.
When the team returned i half expected at least one sports reporter to illicit a response to a direct question on the team's poor showing ..instead it was all about swine flu.
This team was prepared and said to be ready .... what happened ?? yet we found out more about the team's swine flu arrangements , not saying that was not important, than anything to do with their performances on the field.
Next we got the coach's assessment of his charges .....is about ipods , lack of desire etc. yeah blame de common entrance class when everybody failed !!
what happens next ...life goes on ...
as someone remarked the TTFF is answerable to no one ! the only input they want from us is support so they could get more money from de government.
This approach eh nothing new ...remember when Look Loy came back from ah youth tournament as coach , after boasting dat we were ready ? he even say ..we were not in dem fellas class ...result ..big promotion in the organisation..
look how many years Shabazz coaching de women's team ...check the results ...bigger promotion after every defeat .
Allyuh doh jump on Corneal... man looking to fault Corneal ..he just doing what all dem fellas before him do after similar results ...
Allyuh forgetting how many times Issa, Alvin, Warner etc get recycled or what.
man asking what kinda qualifications is needed for a coach in T&T ...none !!! Just good contacts ..you eh even have to have coached any team before ...Doh take it out on Corneal , Look at Latapy , which team he coached ? ..yet de excuse is de same as corneal ...some team in foreign ..with no records or history ..and we does accept dat .
So if de senior WC coach , the most important coach in de ting, eh have to have no experience what dey asking lesser coaches for ..and therefore what does performance matter ? de ting dun turn ole mas already !!!

Well den doh talk about T&T football because yuh could blame just about everyting on Jack Warner.

Is Jack Warner dat didn't qualify fuh de WC in 89
Is Jack Warner dat qualify fuh de WC in 2005
Is Jack Warner dat goin to de U 20 WC in Egypt
Is Jack Warner dat colleck 7 against Mexico in de U 17 qualifiers.

Doh boddah commentin on anyting bout T&T football because we now know it eh go matter because is Jack Warner.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
jai John,
               Wasn't Latas a player/ assist. coach with Falkirk in the Scotish leauge

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Nah they had their chance...things did not work out so its time for a complete change.   Thanks for the efforts and service Anton and Staff.   :beermug:   On to a new coach, staff and strategy

Class post.

As much as we might hold Corneal in contempt for his failings, he has consistently been able to take our youths to near the top of the class in Caribbean. For two successive U17 teams to place second in the Caribbean championships, and walloping Jamaica 3 times on the the way, is not something we were doing before Anton (and Lincoln ;)) took the helm. I believe he did put in his best effort with this current team. It just wasn't good enough.

And keep in mind he is not the one selecting himself to the head coach position time after time after time.

But yeah, but he needs to go. If not for the performance of the team, then for his conduct afterward. Or just have the courage to test himself out in the big bad world to see how much of a big fish he really is.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Class post.

As much as we might hold Corneal in contempt for his failings, he has consistently been able to take our youths to near the top of the class in Caribbean. For two successive U17 teams to place second in the Caribbean championships, and walloping Jamaica 3 times on the the way, is not something we were doing before Anton (and Lincoln ;)) took the helm. I believe he did put in his best effort with this current team. It just wasn't good enough.

And keep in mind he is not the one selecting himself to the head coach position time after time after time.

But yeah, but he needs to go. If not for the performance of the team, then for his conduct afterward. Or just have the courage to test himself out in the big bad world to see how much of a big fish he really is.

Dis under 17 team was betta prepared than most yet dey get 13 in 3. So if it eh d coach then who? D certainly was betta prepared than d team dat qualified 2 yrs ago.

1]; } ?>