April 27, 2024, 08:03:24 PM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 103670 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
1 minute yuh have CRonaldo and Tevez - next minute yuh have Valencia and Owen

:rotfl:

glory glory

i really think this one has backfired on fergie, this opens the door for liverpool and chelsea and arsenal
He was free, we have nothing to lose signing him, besides I am sure Fergie still going for a top notch forward.

I read he wants to sign Huntelaar but Milan are interested too.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #271 on: July 03, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
I kinda surprised not to be hearing anything about Yoann Gorcuff going places - I now watching dem Setanta highlights and remember hearing him get nuff bigup in Ligue 1 and France NT. The youth is a beast.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2009, 06:01:39 AM »
Cole and Malouda finally started tearing up the left side at the end of last season, let's see if it will carry on to next season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/5740719/Chelseas-Ashley-Cole-a-target-for-Real-Madrid.html

Chelsea's Ashley Cole a target for Real Madrid
Real Madrid have been linked with a move for Chelsea defender Ashley Cole.

By Telegraph staff
Published: 10:08AM BST 04 Jul 2009

According to the Sun, Cole has rejected the club's latest contract offer, which would reportedly leave him £30,000 short of Chelsea top earners such as Frank Lampard and John Terry.

The 28-year-old signed from Arsenal three years ago and has been an ever-present on the left side of defence no matter who the coach at the time was.

Cole is understood to be keen to work under new manager Carlo Ancelotti but believes he should be earning more than his current £70,000-a-week salary and is seeking parity with his England colleagues at Chelsea.

Real are monitoring the situation, with new coach Manuel Pelligrini desperate to strengthen his back line after president Florentino Perez splashed out nearly £200m on attacking talent.

Meanwhile, Ancelotti has told Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho that he can forget about signing striker Didier Drogba.

The Ivory Coast international, 31, looked set to leave this time last year but discovered a new lease of life under previous interim coach Guus Hiddink.

Ancelotti, who has replaced Hiddink in the Stamford Bridge hot seat, sees Drogba as an intrinsic part of his plans to wrestle the Premier League title away from Manchester United and as such has warned off Mourinho, who initially brought Drogba to Chelsea during his successful stint in charge.

Ancelotti said: "Now I have Drogba in my team and he will be staying. I will not sell him to Mourinho."

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2009, 06:10:52 AM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_5414564,00.html

Agent - Real will bid for Maicon
Brazilian could be the next galactico to move to Bernabeu
Last updated: 4th July 2009

Real Madrid are to launch a transfer "offensive" for Maicon, according to the Inter Milan right-back's agent.

Despite the 27-year-old Brazilian being a key player for the Italian champions speculation has been rife that he is on his way out of the Giuseppe Meazza.

Maicon has demanded a pay increase but those that hold Inter's purse strings have as yet resisted yielding to his demands.

Manchester City are the only club to have made an offer for Maicon, who has also been linked with Chelsea, but his agent believes the Spanish giants - who have spent over £170million already this summer - could move soon.

Cherry on cake

"I think that Maicon will be the cherry on the Real Madrid cake," said Antonio Caliendo. "At the moment there's nothing but I believe the situation is destined to change.

"After having bought (Karim) Benzema, now Real are focusing on (Franck) Ribery and Xabi Alonso, but then they will turn to Maicon.

"I have already said it and I repeat it - I'm expecting an offensive from them to try to buy him because he is the best in the world in his position.

"There's margin to manoeuvre with Inter. If the amount that will come to Inter will be the right one, everything could be finalised very soon."

Maicon is under contract with the Nerazzurri until June 2013.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 04, 2009, 06:33:10 AM »
madrid allyuh real lickrish  dread, is everybody they want  steupssssssss
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2009, 07:29:01 AM »
Cashley Cole aint goin anywhere; dat sounds like agent speak since he tryin tuh geh a new contract. Besides he dumb arse probably wouldn't be able tuh handle livin in Spain.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2009, 07:43:52 AM »
Ronaldo vows to justify price tag

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo says the world record £80m fee that Real Madrid have paid Manchester United for his services is a "fair price."

Ronaldo, 24, will be presented to the Real fans on Monday and insists he will justify the size of the transfer fee.

"I think that it's a fair figure. If Manchester United and Real Madrid agree this amount then there is nothing more to say," said Ronaldo.

"I will show that the money they are paying has been a good decision."

Real Madrid's signing of French midfielder Zinedine Zidane in 2001 for £45.6m was the previous highest transfer fee before the Spanish giants bought Brazilian forward Kaka for £56m in June this year.

That record lasted only a few days, with Real following Kaka's signature with that of Ronaldo.

However, world and European player of the year Ronaldo claimed he is unfazed after becoming the most expensive footballer on the planet.

"The great players cost a lot of money and if you want them you have to pay it, I'm happy to be the most expensive player in the world," stated Ronaldo.

"Real Madrid have paid so much money because they wanted me and have considered it a fair price.

"I've been used to having pressure for a long time. In this sense, I'm calm.

"This price tag isn't something I'm going to think about when I go out on to the pitch, so it's not going to affect me."

However, Ronaldo conceded the level of expectation will be much higher than when he was at Old Trafford.

He added: "I know that they are going to demand a lot of me to be successful at the club and I know that I'm going to have much more pressure than at Manchester United because I was there for many years.
He (Ferguson) has been my father in sport, one of the most important factors and most influential in my career
Cristiano Ronaldo

"But it means a new challenge and is going to help me be the best footballer."

Meanwhile, Ronaldo says he will always hold a special place in his heart for his former manager at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ronaldo spent six seasons at United and improved immensely under Ferguson's tutelage. The former Sporting Lisbon player also revealed he would return to Manchester in the next few days to say his farewells to Ferguson and other members of the United squad.

"He's been my father in sport, one of the most important factors and most influential in my career," said Ronaldo.

"I have to thank him for all that he taught me. He's been fundamental. I'll always have great affection for him and he will occupy a special place in my heart."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8134301.stm
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline rocoply

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
old man owen .....to Manchester Utd
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »
Old Man owen just get sign. Only Alex know what he doing yes.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2009, 08:30:48 AM »
just get sign? u making mi feel like i living in Australia dread ::)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
Melo just sign a new contract ... this is what the Viola have on their site:

http://it.violachannel.tv/dettaglio-ultimora/items/comunicato-stampa.2220.html

Rough translation:

The Director of Fiorentina, Pantaleo Corvino deny the voices of these last hours of the market, which sees the player Felipe Melo certain other clubs and who are any meetings to define the transfer of the player states that:

1. – If the player had already reached an agreement on its behalf with any Club, the clause rescissoria determined by the same player at 25 million, does not provide any technical counterparts, unless the approval dell’ACF Fiorentina.

2nd -The Director also states that Arsenal FC are the only club that has brought stability to the figure for the clause rescissoria.

3rd – La Fiorentina, in turn, has proposed that the companies reduce the amount of clause rescissoria, entering into negotiations Eboue the right back.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2009, 09:36:01 PM »
Benzema say he brace Man U too.  Ent this is a side that come 1st and 2nd in CL in successive years?
lol

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »
Black Cats close on Da Silva
South American to be Bruce's first new signing
Skysports.com

Sunderland are closing in on the signing of Paraguay defender Paulo Da Silva.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce has targeted the Deportivo Toluca defender as his first signing at the Stadium of Light.

The 29-year-old is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Toluca and Bruce is ready to lure him to Wearside.

Toluca have confirmed they were not able to compete with Sunderland's offer once they made their interest known in the centre-back.

"The English team's offer was not within our reach," read a Toluca club statement.

Da Silva is believed to be travelling to England next week to tie up the move and he is excited at the prospect of playing in England.

"First of all I want to thank the Deportivo Toluca for the effort they made and for giving me the opportunity to fulfil a dream, which is playing in Europe, it is certainly an important step in my football career," Da Silva told Toulca's official website.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 05, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »
Adebayor hear Owen get a link with he brochure...he organise to make one too.

Check it here
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #283 on: July 06, 2009, 05:46:56 AM »
by RivalsDM
Updated: July 6, 2009, 5:28 AM EDT

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has revealed that winger Gabriel Obertan is on the verge of signing for Manchester United.
The highly rated 20-year-old became a regular for Les Girondins at the age of just 17 but last season found chances hard to come by under former Red Devils defender Laurent Blanc.

The French Under-21 international was loaned out to fellow Ligue 1 side Lorient for the second half of last season where he featured 15 times scoring just the one goal.

Arsenal, Inter and AC Milan are said to have been interested in the youngster but it appears United have won the race for his signature for an undisclosed fee.

"There is a very strong likelihood that the deal will go ahead," confirmed Triaud to L'Equipe.

"Manchester United want to sign him and, for our part, we would be delighted to see Gabriel playing for such a prestigious club.

"We will make the official announcement when the time is right."

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2009, 05:52:51 AM »
Adebayor hear Owen get a link with he brochure...he organise to make one too.

Check it here

His Brand Values include:

"Machine Washable", "Backwards Compatible" WiFi Enabled" "Fragrant" Nutritious"  :rotfl: :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Vassell Mania
« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »
I feel we players hadda go across there and get treated like kings.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Vassell Mania

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Vassell Mania
« Reply #286 on: July 06, 2009, 08:33:50 AM »

Vassell Mania

Yuh eh see jus cool come back from dey and ever since hypin up darryl roberts as de trini kaka?  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »
Bordeaux have denied that they have received any offers from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh, and in fact the president was quite insulting about their link!

A report in the Times said: Jean-Louis Triaud, the Bordeaux president, has denied that the French champions have received a £13 million offer from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh. The Morocco forward has one year left on his contract and is wanted by Arsenal, should Emmanuel Adebayor leave.

“We never received an offer,” Triaud said. “What the f*** would he do at Sunderland? You have heard him say he will only sign for a big English club. I don’t want to insult Sunderland, but I don’t even know where they finished last season.”

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Sunderland close in on £14m Crouch
« Reply #288 on: July 06, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »
This would be quite an interesint move.......Too much money though!

www.sunderlandecho.com

Steve Bruce is looking to make an 'impact' signing this week and has Portsmouth talisman Peter Crouch firmly in his sights.

The recently-appointed Sunderland manager is now installed in his new office at the Academy of Light after his summer break.

But while his coaching staff make preparations for pre-season training beginning midweek, Bruce himself is looking to make a signing that will signal Sunderland mean business next season.

That signing is Crouch and Sunderland are prepared to smash their £9m transfer record – the fee paid to Hearts for Craig Gordon two seasons ago – in order to land the England international.

Fulham and AC Milan are both believed to be interested in Crouch but Sunderland hope to fend off all-comers with a massive £14m bid for the 6ft 7in striker who scored almost a third of Portsmouth's goals last season.

Crouch has witnessed the FA Cup final-winning team that Harry Redknapp built at Fratton Park, rapidly unravel after the manager's defection to Tottenham.

And although cash-strapped Portsmouth are in the middle of a takeover by wealthy Saudi Arabian businessman SulaimanAl-Fahim, Crouch is believed to have become unsettled and wants to move on.

Bruce has long been an admirer of Crouch, who brings so much more to a team than a healthy goals ratio. But should Crouch sign for Sunderland, his arrival would not necessarily trigger the departure of Kenwyne Jones, as Bruce sets about building a squad which will not be troubled by relegation next season.
If Crouch can be brought on board, it would go a long way to ensuring that Sunderland can start the season looking up the table rather than down at the bottom third.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland close in on £14m Crouch
« Reply #289 on: July 06, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
this is going to be very interesting!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 06, 2009, 09:49:49 AM »
oooohhhhh geeeeedddd!!!!....I done with Sunderland!!!.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »
If crouch goes to Sunderland I feel Jones will be off to Spurs in an exchange deal for Bent/Keane. Interesting business indeed.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 06, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »
If crouch goes to Sunderland I feel Jones will be off to Spurs in an exchange deal for Bent/Keane. Interesting business indeed.

I think you are probably right, although Bent is still strongly rumoured to be on his way either way. 

When Crouch was available last year we showed no interest given KJ was injured at the time, suggesting we had no interest in that "type" of forward even with him out.  But so far we have been linked with Bent, Keane, Crouch, Campbell and Mohammed Abdellaoue as forwards but a lot will be agents talking up a move. 

The club are making noises to suggest that not that many players will be coming in, personally I doubt thats the case I would of thought at least 5/6 1st teamers are needed.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 06, 2009, 10:27:39 AM »
Kenwyne goin Ipswich
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 06, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »
Kenwyne goin Ipswich

yuh on drugs fella?  Ipswitch could spend KJ money?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 06, 2009, 11:37:54 AM »
Bordeaux have denied that they have received any offers from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh, and in fact the president was quite insulting about their link!

A report in the Times said: Jean-Louis Triaud, the Bordeaux president, has denied that the French champions have received a £13 million offer from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh. The Morocco forward has one year left on his contract and is wanted by Arsenal, should Emmanuel Adebayor leave.

“We never received an offer,” Triaud said. “What the f*** would he do at Sunderland? You have heard him say he will only sign for a big English club. I don’t want to insult Sunderland, but I don’t even know where they finished last season.”

Weeey papa!!  Is true doh, if he want to play fuh ah big side WTF he go do in Sunderland? :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vassell Mania
« Reply #296 on: July 06, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »

Vassell Mania

Yuh eh see jus cool come back from dey and ever since hypin up darryl roberts as de trini kaka?  8)
The name is JUSTTTT NOT jus! and yes he's all that! the trini fabiano!! :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

I agree! Just can’t see Kenwyne happily playing on the same team as Crouch after what he did in the T&T vs England game in the last World Cup!

If Crouch comes in then Kenwyne is gone and you can add Carlos to that list as well!

What Sunderland needs right now are some good midfielders who can control the centre and feed the ball into the strikers to do their thing so ah cyah see Crouch making much of a difference without a decent midfield to feed him and the other strikers.
If they buy Crouch would have to say it was nice supporting Sunderland but most good things must come to an end!   ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »
Just can’t see Kenwyne happily playing on the same team as Crouch after what he did in the T&T vs England game in the last World Cup!
Steups. You think those men jokey like we.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2009, 03:47:01 PM »
Just can’t see Kenwyne happily playing on the same team as Crouch after what he did in the T&T vs England game in the last World Cup!
Steups. You think those men jokey like we.

I now sayin de same ting to myself.  Apart from a game football is ah business.  Ent many swore Ronaldo would be run out of England and Rooney would hate him forever after WC06? ::)

1]; } ?>