April 29, 2024, 09:49:09 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 103862 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #570 on: August 03, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
wouldn't be surprised if Aguero scorned a move there in favour of liming with fellow countryman Di Santo at Chelsea.

:-X
Check thing, Di Santo to Blackburn Rovers on loan.
Dos santos.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 03, 2009, 02:08:13 PM »
wouldn't be surprised if Aguero scorned a move there in favour of liming with fellow countryman Di Santo at Chelsea.

Fergie better stop playing mind games and buy  Sergio Aguerro, he gonna regret it if this player goes to Chelsea.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:32:18 PM by triniairman »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #572 on: August 03, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »

Dos santos.

Di Santo is the Argentine youth playing for Chelsea - Dos Santos is the Mex youth that was at Tottenham.
Is Di Santo that gone to Rovers. http://bit.ly/Rr0zy
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 03, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
Not really a transfer - but more huge numbers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/03/lionel-messi-barcelona-contract-offer

Barcelona preparing new €9.5m Lionel Messi deal

• Reports say Barcelona are ready to offer Messi new contract
• Barηa would look to raise buy-out clause to €300m

Barcelona are working on a new contract for Lionel Messi, according to reports in Spain and Italy.

Both El Mundo Deportivo and Gazzetta dello Sport have suggested the Catalan club are set to offer the 22-year-old €9.5m per year in an attempt to secure his long-term future.

Barηa are also keen to raise the buyout figure in Messi's deal, which currently stands at €150m, to €300m.

The mooted new deal would see Messi overtake the recent signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the highest paid player at Camp Nou.

The Argentina international has spent his entire career at Barcelona having come through the club's youth system. He made his debut in 2004 at the age of 17 and has gone on to score 54 goals in 109 league appearances.

After starring in Barηa's successful Champions League campaign last term he is widely viewed as the favourite for the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year awards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 04, 2009, 04:47:49 AM »
Obafemi Martins signs four-year deal with Wolfsburg

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9875978/Obafemi-Martins-signs-four-year-deal-with-Wolfsburg

WOLFSBURG, Germany (AP) - Bundesliga champion Wolfsburg has signed Nigeria forward Obafemi Martins from Newcastle.

Martins signed a four-year contract with the German club on Friday.

The 24-year-old Martins will join a forward line of Grafite and Edin Dzeko, who combined for a Bundesliga record 54 goals last season in leading Wolfsburg to its first title.
Newcastle expecting to get promoted? this would of been a good pick up if Sunderland were to get him...

Martins is fricking 24? I want to see that birth certificate!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:03 AM »
Obafemi Martins signs four-year deal with Wolfsburg

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9875978/Obafemi-Martins-signs-four-year-deal-with-Wolfsburg

WOLFSBURG, Germany (AP) - Bundesliga champion Wolfsburg has signed Nigeria forward Obafemi Martins from Newcastle.

Martins signed a four-year contract with the German club on Friday.

The 24-year-old Martins will join a forward line of Grafite and Edin Dzeko, who combined for a Bundesliga record 54 goals last season in leading Wolfsburg to its first title.
Newcastle expecting to get promoted? this would of been a good pick up if Sunderland were to get him...

Martins is fricking 24? I want to see that birth certificate!

He is a "Nigerian" 24 which could mean anywhere from 25 to 40

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:10 AM »
Why allyuh so?  How old yuh feel he is?

Martins was a youth prospect at Inter, he hasn't been around that long, and if yuh watch him good, he doesn't look old either (Nor does his style of play suggest that he's any older).  He turns 25 this year- I dunno why that seems so hard to believe.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 04, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

Martins was a youth prospect at Inter, he hasn't been around that long, and if yuh watch him good, he doesn't look old either (Nor does his style of play suggest that he's any older).  He turns 25 this year- I dunno why that seems so hard to believe.

All I saying, is that unless i thinking of somebody else, I really wish our 24 year old youths could look so big and hard back. Talk done.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 04, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
I need to see his birth certificate as evidence
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 04, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »

All I saying, is that unless i thinking of somebody else, I really wish our 24 year old youths could look so big and hard back. Talk done.

Khaleem Hyland.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 04, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »
Khaleem Hyland.

He big and hard back? :rotfl:

Like yuh fuhget wha de yute look like aought?!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 04, 2009, 12:41:36 PM »

It's been said that Martins played on some youth team with Babayaro (who is 30). Nigerian players are known to be older than they claim, be it for success at youth level, securing contracts abroad, or they just don't know (alot only get documents when/if they get a passport and take a guess at the age). Once Yakubu said that he is "not sure" exactly how old he is.
Nigeria got in trouble for playing 21 year olds in an U-18, and they responded by saying nothing can be proven.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 04, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »
man 4geting bout fireball rooney and robben. 2 ah d oldest face in d bizness. how nobody n want any evidence 4 them 2?

alonso move to madrid is very important ,cause i think they were it bit off on creativity.

that el classico game should be longer than 90 mins .they should let them play 4 ah 2 hrs yes. 

that hands down will be the most viewed match this year
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Liverpool agrees to sell Alonso
« Reply #583 on: August 04, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »
LONDON (AP) -- Liverpool reached an agreement on Tuesday to sell Xabi Alonso to big-spending Real Madrid, subject to the Spanish international midfielder passing a medical.

Liverpool, which finished second in the Premier League last season, said the terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed. Real confirmed the agreement on its Web site, without giving details, and said Alonso would be in Madrid on Wednesday to undergo the medical.

"His arrival at Real Madrid will reinforce the midfield making him one of the axes on which (Madrid coach Manuel) Pellegrini's squad will rotate," Real said.

Though neither club gave details of the deal, Spanish media reported that a fee of $43.2 million had been agreed for the 27-year-old Alonso, who will be given a four-year contract according to the Web site of El Mundo newspaper. The paper added that he would earn $6.5 million a year and that his signing closes Madrid's summer buying spree.

The move would take Real's recent spending to more than $300 million, with the club having already brought in the likes of Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United, Brazil playmaker Kaka from AC Milan and France striker Karim Benzema from Lyon.

The spree since Florentino Perez regained the Spanish club's presidency in June is designed to take Real back to the top of the game after its bitter rival Barcelona won the Spanish league and cup double, along with the Champions League, last season.

Alonso, who joined the Reds in 2004 from Real Sociedad and helped the English club win the Champions League in 2005, has been a regular under Liverpool's Spanish manager Rafa Benitez.

At international level, he also helped Spain become European champion in 2008.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

i was hoping this wouldnt happen.....i'm a madrid fan as well but where madrid gonna put xabi?? xabi along with gerrard was the heart and soul of liverpool midfield....sad to see him go
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 04, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
I now get up off the ground laughing at my co-worker. He real believe in Liverpool.

The man say Liverpool will NEVER sell Alonso.

Rafa this, that and the third.

When I show him the article he jaw drop.

Mιs que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 04, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
well done Xabi.. :applause:

when dey was pimping yuh all about like some ole hoe all last year to try and get Gareth Barry dey wasn't saying nothing.. now they bawling..

outside with them!  Let them sweat with Lucas.. (doh mind yuh still eh winning nothing with Real Madrid :devil:)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 04, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »
well done Xabi.. :applause:

when dey was pimping yuh all about like some ole hoe all last year to try and get Gareth Barry dey wasn't saying nothing.. now they bawling..

outside with them!  Let them sweat with Lucas.. (doh mind yuh still eh winning nothing with Real Madrid :devil:)

Wasn't goin an win one ass with 'pool neither :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 04, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »

It's been said that Martins played on some youth team with Babayaro (who is 30). Nigerian players are known to be older than they claim, be it for success at youth level, securing contracts abroad, or they just don't know (alot only get documents when/if they get a passport and take a guess at the age). Once Yakubu said that he is "not sure" exactly how old he is.
Nigeria got in trouble for playing 21 year olds in an U-18, and they responded by saying nothing can be proven.

What you saying is old news breds, I hear you...I just prefer not to stereotype de yute (if he really is one  ;D).

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 04, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »
Madrid needs to offload some heads...Some options I can think of:

Drenthe
Van Der Faart
Guti & Raul (ok I know...I'm dreaming)
Maybe even one of Sneijder, Huntelaar. 

I think Saviola and J. Garcia are already offloaded to Benfica.

Net out some of the spending and balance their personnel. 

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 04, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »
43mil : Sooooo much money Alonso worth?  :o
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 04, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »

Drenthe
Van Der Faart

Dey say Salgado contract get terminated, Van Der Vart wil be gone for sure and Sneijder might go Inter.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:36 PM »
Huntelaar riding for sure too. But they have teams lining up to get him. is just price is th eissue
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 04, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04082009/58/transfers-view-right-move-lescott.html

Transfers - Your view: Right move for Lescott?
Eurosport - Tue, 04 Aug 09:49:00 2009

Is Joleon Lescott doing the right thing by handing in a transfer request in a bid to seal a move from Everton to Manchester City?

The defender is reported to have verbally requested to leave Goodison Park and he is expected to follow that up in writing.

But with the World Cup approaching next summer and Lescott hoping to be a part of Fabio Capello's England plans, is it a wise move?

City are not in Europe next season, whereas Everton will play in the Europa League. Will Capello want members of his squad playing European football ahead of next summer's tournament in South Africa?

Is he likely to ignore those playing domestic football only? Or is Lescott good enough to warrant his inclusion in the squad wherever he plays?

Have your say below or on the transfer message boards via the link underneath the photo!

Eurosport

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Everton signs another American college player
« Reply #593 on: August 04, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »
Arnoux off to Everton

Wake Forest striker Cody Arnoux is set to join the American revolution at Everton.

Arnoux, pictured above (right) during his trial at Everton in March, is set to sign a contract with the Liverpool-based club today, making him the second American player to join Everton this summer. Midfielder Anton Peterlin, pictured on the left, signed earlier this month.

SBI first reported Arnoux's decision to leave Wake Forest on Wednesday, and now the All-American forward will be joining U.S. national team goalkeeper Tim Howard with the Toffees. Arnoux and Peterlin are expected to be with Everton when the club faces the MLS All-Star Team on July 29th in Utah.

A top prospect last year as a junior, Arnoux passed up a chance to sign with MLS after last college season in order to stay in school. He was projected to be a top three prospect in the 2010 MLS Draft, but will now join former Wake Forest strike partner Marcus Tracy in Europe.

(continue)

Everton to sign Arnoux

Everton will complete the signing of Cody Arnoux, subject to the formalities of the transfer being ratified by the Football Association.

The American arrives on Merseyside on a one-year contract having played for the Carolina Dynamo in his homeland.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 05, 2009, 05:52:35 AM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Cristiano Ronaldo - £80m

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Xabi Alonso - £30m (TBC)

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

• Esteban Granero - £3.4m

• Total: £224.8m
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

« Reply #595 on: August 05, 2009, 06:44:10 AM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Cristiano Ronaldo - £80m

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Xabi Alonso - £30m (TBC)

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

• Esteban Granero - £3.4m

• Total: £224.8m

Still gettin licks.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 05, 2009, 06:53:25 AM »
I need to see his birth certificate as evidence
The Long Form!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:17 AM »

Drenthe
Van Der Faart

u sure ur a real fan???? no true real madrid will never say sell raul and guti u hav to be mad!!!!!!!!!!
u ever hear a mancester fan say sell giggs and scholes??? steups!!!!!!!!!!

henzie gone
salgado gone
saviola gone
van der vart going
huntelaar going
and i feel one off the diarra's have to go (not lass)

giggsy11

« Reply #598 on: August 05, 2009, 07:19:59 AM »

Drenthe
Van Der Faart

u sure ur a real fan???? no true real madrid will never say sell raul and guti u hav to be mad!!!!!!!!!!

henzie gone
salgado gone
saviola gone
van der vart going
huntelaar going
and i feel one off the diarra's have to go (not lass)

Ah think the difference between Raul and Guti tuh a lesser extent and Giggsy and Scholes is that Raul still looking tuh get first team run. Whereas Giggsy and Scholes happy tuh be team/squad players and do what is in the best interest of the team . Raul always tryin tuh undermine new strikers because he still think he should be starting plus he is not going tuh like giving up the captaincy. What captain is a bench player?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 05, 2009, 07:54:59 AM »

Giggs & Scholes holding their own and Man winning European trophies with them...and Scholes has been relegated to a squad player.

Raul & Guti just taking up space. (Ok that's unfair to say about Raul because he still manages to find the net, but Guti...)

Legacy is one thing, and Raul still has a part to play, but when yuh forcing players who are way past their shelf life into a line up, that's just poor management- and a true fan will have the balls to say that...Yuh not gonna win trophies if Guti is your main creative force and Raul is your talisman...it's just not going to happen.  Raul will beat up on the lesser opposition, but against the better opposition it's clear that he's past it. 

But yuh right, the call to sell is extreme- I agree let them fellas live out their legacy in Madrid colours as they have alotta history with the club, but it's time for those guys to become peripheral/squad players. 

I was gonna say the same thing you said about one of the Diarra's but depth is a hell of a thing...so it might be wise to have a deep reserve of holding middies, so long as yuh balance it right so as not to stale up a player.... 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:03:53 AM by kicker »

1]; } ?>