April 29, 2024, 04:07:49 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 103804 times)

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #600 on: August 05, 2009, 08:52:39 AM »

u sure ur a real fan???? no true real madrid will never say sell raul and guti u hav to be mad!!!!!!!!!!
u ever hear a mancester fan say sell giggs and scholes??? steups!!!!!!!!!!

Giggs & Scholes holding their own and Man winning European trophies with them...and Scholes has been relegated to a squad player.

Raul & Guti just taking up space. (Ok that's unfair to say about Raul because he still manages to find the net, but Guti...)

Legacy is one thing, and Raul still has a part to play, but when yuh forcing players who are way past their shelf life into a line up, that's just poor management- and a true fan will have the balls to say that...Yuh not gonna win trophies if Guti is your main creative force and Raul is your talisman...it's just not going to happen.  Raul will beat up on the lesser opposition, but against the better opposition it's clear that he's past it. 

But yuh right, the call to sell is extreme- I agree let them fellas live out their legacy in Madrid colours as they have alotta history with the club, but it's time for those guys to become peripheral/squad players. 

I was gonna say the same thing you said about one of the Diarra's but depth is a hell of a thing...so it might be wise to have a deep reserve of holding middies, so long as yuh balance it right so as not to stale up a player.... 
i belive this is the year for them to be squad players cause i cah see guti startin in front alonso, kaka or gago

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 05, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Cristiano Ronaldo - £80m

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Xabi Alonso - £30m (TBC)

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

• Esteban Granero - £3.4m

• Total: £224.8m

Mind yuh business.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 05, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
Huntelaar gone Milan for 15milEuros
www.westindiantube.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 05, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
Liverpool getting Aquilani for 20million pounds

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 05, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

all of the above + 100 M pounds = Messi  :beermug:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 05, 2009, 11:52:59 AM »
Horse i taking CRonaldo over Messi every day of the week and twice on Sundays so doh even talk dat
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 05, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »
LONDON (AP) -- Liverpool acted quickly to replace Xabi Alonso on Wednesday, reaching a deal with AS Roma to sign Italy midfielder Alberto Aquilani.

The transfer for the 25-year-old Aquilani is reported to be worth $34 million and subject to a medical examination being completed later this week.

"Alberto is a very good player and I'm delighted we've reached agreement with Roma for his transfer," manager Rafa Benitez said. "He will travel to Merseyside later this week for a medical. Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League.

"He has long been recognized as a top class talent in Italy, captaining his country at both under 19 and under 21 levels before establishing himself in the senior national side."

Alonso passed his medical with Real Madrid on Wednesday to complete a transfer estimated at around 30 million pounds for the Spanish international midfielder.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 05, 2009, 02:54:56 PM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

Mind yuh business.

:rotfl: :rotfl:.   :rotfl:u nearly mek mi buss mi laughter gland
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 05, 2009, 03:07:17 PM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

Mind yuh business.

:rotfl: :rotfl:.   :rotfl:u nearly mek mi buss mi laughter gland

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »
Altidore to join Hull City on loan

United States national team forward Jozy Altidore will join English Premier League club Hull City on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old U.S. striker announced on Twitter that he will be introduced at a news conference Thursday.

He wrote Wednesday: "First match is against Chelsea subject to a work permit ... thanks for the support and love keep it coming."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 07, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »
Latics raid Spain for duo
Martinez predicts bright future for teenagers
Last updated: 7th August 2009

Wigan have swooped for Espanyol defender Roman Golobart and Abian Serrano of Las Palmas.

The two 17-year-olds have been identified as 'exciting prospects' by manager Roberto Martinez, who has an extensive knowledge of Spanish football.

Serrano is an attacking midfielder or striker who possesses a lot of pace, while Golobart is regarded as commanding centre-back.

They have both joined the Latics on one-year contracts and Martinez is looking forward to working with the duo.

"Both Roman and Abian are exciting prospects and it's a great sign of the club's outlook that we're bringing in young professionals that will hopefully be the future of Wigan Athletic," Martinez told the club's official website.

"Their performances for their respective clubs have been fantastic and I'm confident that with the right approach from us, and the right attitude from them, they will have a bright future in the game."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11682_5478944,00.html

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #611 on: August 07, 2009, 07:51:07 PM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

getting Granero at that price was the best piece of business they do this whole year.
I think Liverpool sell Arbeloa too cheap though
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

getting Granero at that price was the best piece of business they do this whole year.

Well Granero come up through Madrid academy... and when they sell him to Getafe they had negotiate a buyback price... it work out
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #613 on: August 07, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
REAL MADRID'S SPENDING

• Kaka - £56m

• Karim Benzema - £35m

• Raul Albiol - £12.7m

• Alvaro Negredo - £4.2m

• Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m

Well Granero come up through Madrid academy... and when they sell him to Getafe they had negotiate a buyback price... it work out
right right..now that yuh mention it ah remeber hearing bout he and Madrid during the U-20 WC a few years back
Feliz

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 07, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
They're saying in Spain that there's an agreement for Ribery to come to Madrid in 2010.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #615 on: August 08, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
well Milan just swoop for Gareth Bale.
I don't know WTF going on with Milan, but Maldini retire and they sell Kaka and add two sh!thounds: Oneywu & Bale.

sad sad sad
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2009, 07:25:39 AM »
I don't know WTF going on with Milan, but Maldini retire and they sell Kaka and add two sh!thounds: Oneywu & Bale.

sad sad sad
Bale ent no shithound fella..he could play any position on the left, plus great dead ball skills..the man just had a rough time with injuries and Ramos
Feliz

giggsy11

« Reply #617 on: August 09, 2009, 07:54:54 AM »

sad sad sad
Bale ent no shithound fella..he could play any position on the left, plus great dead ball skills..the man just had a rough time with injuries and Ramos

Couldn't agree with you more; I also think Spurs has become a graveyard for some players.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bundesliga club Hoffenheim signs two U.S. youths
« Reply #618 on: August 25, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »
Bundesliga's Hoffenheim grab Gyau, Renken

They are two of America's brightest youth stars: striker Joseph-Claude Gyau and midfielder Charles Renken.

he pair, close friends, have developed their big games together for the past two years with the U.S. national U-17 residency team in Bradenton, Fla. And Gyau and Renken will continue to thread the ball back and forth on speed runs up the pitch.

However, their development is moving from U.S. soil. Bundesliga upstart 1899 Hoffenheim has swooped in and will sign Gyau and Renken to multiyear contracts.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Bundesliga club Hoffenheim signs two U.S. youths
« Reply #619 on: August 25, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
rel·e·vant (rl-vnt)
adj.
Having a bearing on or connection with the matter at hand.

I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
now dat dat out d way

to whom ???
for what reason ???
at d end would I care ???
I pity the fool....

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 25, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
steups . zeppo annoying eh
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Campbell seals Notts County move
« Reply #622 on: August 25, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8218136.stm

Notts County have confirmed the signing of 34-year-old former England defender Sol Campbell on a five-year contract.

Campbell was a free agent after leaving Portsmouth and has joined the League Two outfit, who were taken over this summer, in a purely playing capacity.

"This club have got great ambition and I want to be a part of it," said the former Tottenham and Arsenal star.

Campbell has 73 England caps and played for his country under Magpies director of football Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Eriksson stunned the world of football when he arrived at Meadow Lane in July and in Campbell the club have now made their biggest on-field signing since being taken over by a Middle-East consortium.

"Sven played a big role," said Campbell, whose move to Notts County was revealed by BBC Radio Nottingham earlier in the week. "He's a great man. He's managed all over the world and he knows his football, he's a proper guy.

"He's seen the future. It's a challenge but I think everyone connected to the club are prepared for that challenge. It's refreshing. "

Campbell won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups during his five years with Arsenal, where he was an integral member of the double-winning team of 2002 and the 'Invincibles' (the squad which went unbeaten through the entire 2003-04 league season).

The 6ft 2in centre-half has appeared in three World Cups and was still playing at the highest level last season, making 32 appearances for Pompey in the top flight of English football.

And he also featured for England in the Euro 2008 qualifiers but has not been selected since Fabio Capello took over as manager.

"I'm looking to the future now," said Campbell. "Career-wise this sits perfectly for where I am at the moment in my life. I didn't really have to think too much about it.

"There were offers from the Premier League but that would have been short-term. I'm thinking of the future."

Campbell played down suggestions he was being lined up for a coaching position, insisting he is focused solely on helping the Magpies reach the Premier League.

"I've spoken to all the people concerned with the club and they've guaranteed me of their ambitions to eventually get in the Premier League," said Campbell. "From the management to the hierarchy they genuinely think it's believable.

"This is the oldest club in the world with a fantastic heritage.

"I'll play for at least three years and then go from there. They've got a lot of ideas but I'm here as a footballer, to keep on winning promotion and getting them up into the Premier League.

"It's going to be different but I don't mind starting again. League-wise it is moving down but they've got ambitions to move up and I think we will.

"It's going to be a different kind of situation but I just want to play football and I'm hungry. Football is in my blood and all I'm thinking about is promotion."

Campbell's former manager, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, said he was surprised by the player's decision to drop down three divisions and suggested he might find it difficult to cope.

Wenger 'surprised' by Campbell move

"It was a surprise, because of the level Notts County play at," said the Frenchman. "That shows you as well how much financial potential Notts County has suddenly.

"In May, did you expect Sol to go to Notts County? Certainly not. Time will show if it is a good move for him. It depends what is in his mind, if it is purely a football move or if it is a long-term move that he wants to be involved afterwards as a coach.

"Maybe it can be a good decision if he wants to build something on the longer term. On the short term, he will suffer a bit because he is used to top level football.

"When you move down, it is always difficult to cope mentally."

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp revealed he would have attempted to sign Campbell had he been in charge of any other Premier League club.

Campbell became a hate figure among Spurs fans after leaving for bitter rivals Arsenal in 2001 and Redknapp, who signed the defender for Portsmouth, said: "If I was at any other Premier League club I would have taken Sol Campbell no problem at all. I think he is still a fantastic player.

In my opinion he's still in the top six central defenders in the Premier League so for Notts County to get him in that division is incredible

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp

"In my opinion he's still in the top six central defenders in the Premier League so for Notts County to get him in that division is incredible."

The Magpies have been linked with a host of big-name players since Eriksson arrived, including David Beckham and Dietmar Hamann.

But manager Ian McParland has sought to bring in players with a proven pedigree in the lower leagues in England, with the intention of building steadily.

Signings like Lee Hughes, Luke Rodgers, Ben Davies and Graeme Lee have helped take the Magpies to the top of the table.

However, the club have also signalled their intent to move to the next level by signing former Manchester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 25, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
Zeppo could geh geh ah blind on dis one. Fuh sure sure men on this forum kick ball and socialize wid de youthman Pops.

giggsy11

« Reply #624 on: August 25, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »
steups . zeppo annoying eh

Ah was jus thinkin he dos be doin this tuh try and rubbin it in. Tryin tuh come on this site tuh sho off! Or either he aint have no friends he can talk to! Zeppo did you try Mr. Robinson's neighborhood?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 26, 2009, 07:47:26 AM »
WINDOW WATCH LIVE: Free agent Sylvinho signs for Manchester City, Manchester United in shock bid for Arjen Robben... and more as it happens throughout the day
Last updated at 12:44 PM on 25th August 2009

LATEST: Sylvinho has signed for Manchester City on a one year deal.

The former Arsenal full-back, 35, was available on a free transfer after the Brazilian was released from European champions Barcelona at the end of last season.
 Done deal: Free agent Sylvinho has signed a one-year deal for Manchester City

Peter Lovenkrands has revealed his desire to re-join Newcastle. The Danish striker was released following the club's relegation to the Championship but is eager to re-sign having kept himself fit training with former club Rangers.

Tottenham have handed a trial to Honduran defender Osman Chavez following a glowing recommendation from compatriot pal Wilson Palacios (read now).

Wigan are hoping to sign Carlos Costly, the 27-year-old Honduras striker who spent part of last season out on loan at Birmingham, say SkySports.com.

Sheffield United will complete the £1.8m arrival of Watford striker Tommy Smith this week, according to the London Evening Standard - But Sky Sports News believe he is having a medical at rivals Reading.

West Ham have secured a £4.3m deal for Lazio striker Goran Pandev. According to Italian website calciomercato.it, the Macedonian hitman is set to have talks with Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola, after the 26-year-old's mooted move to Russian side Zenit St Petersburg recently broke down (read more).
 On the move: Goran Pandev could be on his way to Upton Park in a £4.3m deal

Manchester United have lined-up a shock £25m Premier League return for Real Madrid winger, and former Chelsea ace, Arjen Robben (read more).

West Ham have been told by Italian outfit Livorno they must improve their bid for £8m-rated striker Alessandro Diamanti (read more).

Everton plan to spend £10m from the imminent sale of Joleon Lescott - who has arrived for his Manchester City medical - on Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (read more).
Italian website Sportmediaset.it understands that AC Milan are ready to enter negotiations with West Ham for French full-back Julien Faubert, with World Cup winning defender Massimo Oddo, 33, heading in the opposite direction.
Bristol City insist they have not received any approach from Wigan for midfielder Marvin Elliott.
Sheffield United have extended on loan Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Mark Bunn's stay at Bramall lane until January.
Red alert: Everton are on the verge of signing Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is resigned to the departure of Aston Villa target Stephen Warnock - but insists the £8m-rated left-back won't leave on the cheap (read more).

Former Arsenal loanee Julio Baptista would not favour a return to the Premier League, with West Ham and Portsmouth said to be among his interested suitors, according to his agent Herminio Menendez, who admits the Brazilian will leave Roma on a short-term deal.

Wigan have sealed a £4m deal for promising Crystal Palace striker Victor Moses but manager Roberto Martinez will immediately loan him back to the Championship club, according to The Sun.
Italian daily Il Tempo are reporting that Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko is Serie A side Roma's top transfer priority before the window slams shut with boss Luciano Spalletti putting pressure on his board to fund the £13m move. 

Italian Job: Roma reportedly want to sign out-of-favour Spurs star Roman Pavlyuchenko

All that remains for Eidur Gudjohnsen to join former Chelsea colleague Gianfranco Zola is an agreement over how much West Ham will subsidise the Barcelona player's wages, The Sun say.

Fulham captain Danny Murphy has extended his Craven Cottage contract to 2011.

Hull are keen on £4m-valued Leicester forward Matty Fryatt, according to reports.

Cardiff are poised to snap up unsettled Wigan midfielder  Ben Watson on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent move.

In return, Crystal Palace will use some of the funds to re-sign Claude Davis from Derby, provided the club’s transfer embargo, says the London Evening Standard.

Portsmouth are on the verge of signing Algeria's answer to Roberto Baggio - Hadj Issa in a £400,000 deal from Wifaq Setif, suggest the Mirror.
Unbeaten Leeds have denied moneybags QPR permission to speak to highly-rated striker Jermaine Beckford, who is out of contract at Elland Road at the end of the season, says the London Evening Standard.
 In the hunt: Villa are in the running to sign West Ham defender James Collins

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set to launch a £5m bid for West Ham stopper James Collins after watching the Wales international in action against Spurs on Sunday, the Telegraph say.
Promotion chasing Newcastle are poised to offer Championship rivals Nottingham Forest £3m for the services of Wales striker Robert Earnshaw, report the Mirror.
Former Fulham striker Hameur Bouazza is desperate to return to England after just one game at Turkish outfit Sivasspor, with SkySports.com reporting that the news has alerted Championship duo of Sheffield United and Preston.

The Times suggests that Portsmouth have expressed an interest in 27-year-old Nantes midfielder Aurelien Capouem while The Sun report that Paul Hart is keen on £4m Lens attacker Aruna Dindan.
League One leaders Charlton want Leyton Orient defender Tamika Mkandawire - who scored against the Addicks last week - as soon as striker Andy Gray completes his proposed £600,000 switch to Barnsley, according to the London Evening Standard.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208637/WINDOW-WATCH-Free-agent-Sylvinho-signs-Manchester-City-Manchester-United-shock-bid-Real-Madrids-Arjen-Robben--rest-Mondays-gossip.html#ixzz0PIREYeKq
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
According to Sky Sneijder gone Inter.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 26, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
Reports: Real Madrid midfielder Sneijder signs with Inter Milan
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (CP) – 6 hours ago

MILAN — Real Madrid midfielder Wesley Sneijder has signed with Serie A champion Inter Milan, according to media reports in Italy and Spain on Wednesday.

Following morning training, the 25-year-old Sneijder spent the afternoon discussing terms with Inter before agreeing to the move.

He could go straight into the squad for the Milan derby on Saturday.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has been pursuing the Dutch midfielder for most of the summer and had hoped to have him contracted before the Italian season started last weekend.

Sneijder has spent two years in the Spanish capital, but his place was put in doubt by the arrival of Kaka from AC Milan for 65 million euros (C$101.7 million).

The Utrecht native is a regular for the Netherlands, and featured in the 2006 World Cup and Euros 2004 and 2008.

www.westindiantube.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 27, 2009, 07:27:00 AM »

BUNDESLIGA BAGS ROBBEN
Robben to head to Munich for Bayern medical?
Soccernet.com

Bayern Munich are closing in on the signing of Real Madrid winger Arjen Robben, according to reports in Spain.

The Dutchman is believed to be on his way to Munich on Thursday to undergo a medical and sign a contract in a deal worth in the region of €25m after Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness reportedly flew to Madrid on Wednesday for talks with Real president Florentino Perez.

Perez has already confirmed an agreement has been reached between the two clubs in an interview on Spanish radio station Onda Cero, but Bayern will not confirm the deal until the player has signed.

Should the deal go through on Thursday, Robben would be free to make his Bayern debut in Saturday's Bundesliga clash with defending champions Wolfsburg.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #629 on: August 27, 2009, 01:00:29 PM »

Arjen Robben set for Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich look set to sign Real Madrid's Dutch winger Arjen Robben on Friday and he could face Bundesliga champions VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday, according to the German giants' boss Uli Hoeness.

By Telegraph staff and agencies
Published: 6:36PM BST 27 Aug 2009

Robben reliant: Arjen Robben his imminent move to bayern Munich is "the best choice for me" Photo: "We managed an agreement with Real Madrid," said team manager Hoeness on Thursday at the Champions League draw.

"If everything goes according to plan, Robben will sign for Bayern on Friday and will be able to play against Wolfsburg on Saturday."

Real's president Florentino Perez told Spanish radio on Thursday a deal has been done and the Dutchman looks set to join Munich in a deal worth 25 million euros

And Robben said he has already informed Real he wants to leave to join Bayern.

"I bit the bullet (about this) this morning, it is the best choice for me," Robben told Spanish media on Thursday.

"I don't want to go but the club wants to sell me. I have to think about myself and Bayern Munich have made it clear I would be very welcome there."

With Cristiano Ronaldo blocking Robben's path to the Real Madrid team, the Dutchman could expect to warm the bench in Spain unless he switches to the Bundesliga.

Bayern got back to winning ways after Saturday's horror result in Mainz with a 3-1 win over Berlin's second division side FC Union with goals by Ivica Olic, Brazilian Breno and defender Edson Braafheid on Wednesday night.

Robben's arrival would complement Bayern's play-maker Franck Ribery and give the German giants more options in attack, but their Dutch coach Louis van Gaal says he is letting Munich's bosses Hoeness and Karl-Heinze Rummenigge look after any transfers.

"I still have no influence on who Bayern buy and I have not yet got the team to buy into my philosophy," said the Dutchman.

1]; } ?>