April 17, 2024, 11:55:23 PM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 103292 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Real make Valencia bid
United to battle Real for Latics winger

Antonio Valencia's agent has confirmed Real Madrid have made a bid for the Wigan winger.

Wigan are resigned to losing the Ecuador international and Real Madrid and Manchester United are believed to be battling it out for his services.

Latics boss Steve Bruce has openly admitted the 23-year-old will move on in the summer as Wigan prepare to sell him to the highest bidder.

Real have held a long-term interest in Valencia and tried to sign him during the January transfer window, and they have now made the first moves to lure him to the Spanish capital this summer by tabling an offer.

United are also believed to have contacted Wigan to register their interest in the skilful wide-man with Sir Alex Ferguson a big admirer of the South American.

The player's agent Diego Herrera has admitted Real have bid for Valencia and that Wigan are awaiting other offers before allowing the player to leave.

"I believe Wigan will sell Antonio for the right offer and they will decide that once they receive that," Herrera told skysports.com.

"Real Madrid made an offer last week, but nobody from Wigan has told me of an offer from Manchester United.

"There are a number of interested clubs and I will speak with Wigan about it this week.

"Once the season is over I expect offers to be made and I will sit down with Antonio and decide what offer is in his best interests."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5336264,00.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:48:49 PM by Flex »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread for The 2009-2010 football season
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
I dont see why we should go in for him... He is Nani but unlike Nani he is fully settled in the PL

Apparently we are going to bid for Valencia with Nani going to the jjb for a season long loan... I could see that being true

But if we lose Tevez which seems like its gonna happen I would rather buy David Silva or Ribery .. in that way we can have 2 top strikers (Wazza and Berba) and if Injuries or resting needs to occur we could use CR7 up front which he seems to enjoy and we have the likes of Macheda, F.Campbell, Manucho and even Silva or Ribery

But knowing United if we lose Tevez we'll buy a Striker and a Winger

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »
ah mite as well...

Cannavaro seals Juve return despite fans' anger
Reuters
May 19, 2009

Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro will return to Juventus from Real Madrid on July 1 despite widespread supporter anger over the move.

The Serie A club, who are also interested in signing Werder Bremen playmaker Diego, said in a statement on Tuesday that 35-year-old centre back Cannavaro, soon out of contract at Real, had signed a one-year deal.

Juve fans were upset by Cannavaro leaving for Real in 2006 when they were demoted for match-fixing, while other top players such as Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluigi Buffon stuck with the club for their season in the second tier.

A small group of fans have protested at recent matches against Cannavaro's return after club bosses admitted they were in talks with the 2006 European and World Player of the Year.

"I am sure I will be able to convince even the most sceptical fans thanks to my hard work, professionalism and passion with which I will approach this new adventure," the World Cup winner said.

Cannavaro won two league titles in his two years at Juve, but they were both revoked in the match-fixing affair.

"Fabio is a world champion, a Ballon d'Or winner and a great man in the dressing room," Juve sporting director Alessio Secco said in a bid to calm supporter unrest.

"During the summer of 2006 the club had to sell him for urgent economic reasons."

The Turin club, who sacked coach Claudio Ranieri on Monday, are also in the process of signing Brazilian playmaker Diego from Werder Bremen.

Diego 'signs' Juventus deall

Agent claims midfielder has agreed five-year contract with Italians

By Luis Mira   Last updated: 12th May 2009

Werder Bremen's Diego has signed for Juventus in a €25million (£22.3m) deal, according to the midfielder's agent.

Giacomo Petralito claims the 24-year-old Brazil international has agreed a five-year contract with the Italian giants and will complete the transfer at the end of the season.

Diego has been an integral part of Uefa Cup finalists Werder's side since arriving from Porto in 2006 and he has been linked with Bayern Munich in the past.

But the player's representative, Petralito, claims his client has opted to leave Germany in order to make a big-money move to Serie A.

Petralito told Kicker: "Diego has signed for Juventus. Everything happened last Wednesday."

Diego, who is suspended for the Uefa Cup final against Shakhtar Donetsk, has scored 33 goals in 87 matches. He has also won 38 caps for Brazil and scored seven times.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12961_5318665,00.html

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 05:45:38 AM »
Diego in white & black

Juventus Football Club announces that the agreement with Werder Bremen for the acquisition of the registration rights of the player Da Cunha Diego has been finalized. Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment starting from 1 July 2009.

The Brazilian midfielder, yesterday in Turin for medical check-up and for signing the agreement, went back to Germany where on Saturday May, 30th, will play the Germany Cup final vs. Bayer Leverkusen. Before going back to Brema he declared: «I’m enthusiastic of Juventus and proud of becoming part of such a prestigious club, a club I’ve been dreaming of since I was a little boy. After the experience in Portugal and in the Bundesliga I will have the chance to face a very high level soccer, in a difficult and very competitive championship. It’s the right time of my career to take such an important decision and I’m sure with Juventus I will be able to achieve great successes. But now I want to concentrate on Saturday’s final: I want to leave Werder’s supporters in the best way possible, because it’s also thanks to them if in these years I’ve grown up, so to deserve this new opportunity».

«Thanks to his technical characteristics – Juventus’ CEO Jean-Claude Blanc stated – Diego becomes a fundamental player to strengthen the team. We have always said that our goal is to put young men and champions together and Diego summarizes both these two identities: even though he’s only 24, in fact, he is a great experience player, with more than 7 years as a professional at high levels. I’m sure his contribution will be important to make Juventus keep on growing and to make a further step forward, considering our next goals».

«Registering this contract – Sport Director Alessio Secco added – we have definitively entered an agreement we’ve been working on for many months. Diego is a unique player and to bring him to Juventus we had to compete with some of most important European Clubs. His acquisition increases the team potentiality and will allow testing different forms of play. His performances during the last sport seasons, and his personality that made him special in Germany and in Europe, are the confirmation to his qualities. He will be a further “weapon” to face with faith also the next Champions League, mathematically achieved last Sunday ».

The attacking midfielder with a compact and fast physique has excellent technique and vision of play. He is a complete player who is good at dribbling, sudden changes of pace and creating numerical superiority. He is very precise with long balls, has a powerful shot and is particularly skilled at taking free-kicks, capabilities which make him a great finisher. After having made his debut with Santos in 2002 at 16 years of age he was transferred to Porto after two years during which he won 2 championships. At Porto he spent 2 seasons winning the Intercontinental Cup, a championship and a Portuguese Supercup before being transferred to Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga. In Germany Diego’s career exploded winning a League Cup and being named best player of the championship in 2007. In the meantime he has been winning himself more and more space in the Brazilian national team with which side he won two Coppa America (in 2004 and 2007) and a bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008. In the last season Diego played 32 matches and scored 20 goals (Championship: 20 appearances – 12 goals, European Cups:  8 appearances –   6 goals, German Cup: 4 appearances –  2 goals).

d article didnt mention this but regarding d monies...

Juventus will pay cash in the Werder Bremen 24, 5 million in three installments, secured by bank guarantee: € 14 million on 1 July 2009, € 5.5 million on 1 July 2010, € 5 million on 1 July 2011. The purchase will increase up to a further € 2.5 million, related to the achievement of certain targets sports over the next five years

source: www.juventus.com

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Robinho want to go home too!!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=651052&sec=england&cc=3888

If Robinho end up heading back Santos, Ronaldinho better overs he brother advice and get back to his roots too. With Ronaldo, Adriano, Ronaldinho and Robinho playing in Brazil, Dunga could plan without Kaka and have a purely local based side that playing together right through til 2010.

Brazil will be dven greater favourites for sure then...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »
Genoa clinch Crespo deal
Argentinian star signs from Inter, with Quaresma set to follow
Genoa have completed the signing of Argentinian star Hernan Crespo from Inter Milan.

Club president Enrico Preziosi met with the 33-year-old's agent, Fernando Hidalgo, on Friday to finalise the negotiations.

And later that day Preziosi confirmed that Genoa had signed the former Lazio, Parma and Chelsea striker on a two-year deal.

"It's an important signing, we're very happy," he said. "Crespo is a great player, a serious lad who we've been following for a long time."

Crespo has been recognised as one of the top strikers in Europe over the last decade but had become a bit-part player for Inter this season after falling behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Mario Balotelli and Adriano in the pecking order.

Confidence
Hidalgo claimed Fiorentina were also interested in Crespo but were only willing to offer a one-year deal.

"We have agreed a two-year contract (with Genoa) and that's an important demonstration of confidence in Hernan," said Crespo's agent.

Genoa are also on the verge of signing Inter's Portugal winger Ricardo Quaresma and Preziosi hopes to tie up that deal next week.

"The Quaresma question is very simple, there is an agreement between the two clubs, all we need is the player's signature," he told Radio Kiss Kiss.

"I don't believe there will be any big problems but we'll meet next week to resolve everything."

Quaresma joined Inter at the beginning of the season but has failed to live up to expectations since his 19million Euro (£16.6m) move from Porto and was loaned out to Chelsea in January.

Rebuilding
Genoa have already been in transfer talks with Inter, with star players Diego Milito and Thiago Motta agreeing deals to move to the San Siro this summer.

The pair led Genoa to the brink of Champions League qualification this season and although the club just missed out on a top-four finish in Serie A, they will return to Europe after a 17-year absence and just four years after winning promotion from the third division.

Besides Crespo and Quaresma, Genoa are also looking to compensate for the loss of Milito and Motta by bringing in Sergio Floccari, who scored 12 goals for Atalanta this season.

"There's just the formality of the exchange of contract with Atalanta but there's no problems because the lad has already signed and everything's OK," Preziosi added.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5355616,00.html

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »
Italy rel eh stickin wit the transfers this season at all....some big move already within the league.

doh forget genoa done sign flocarri from atalanta & aquafresca again too, so i sudn't be surprised if they pushing for europe again nex season too.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »
Italy rel eh stickin wit the transfers this season at all....some big move already within the league.

doh forget genoa done sign flocarri from atalanta & aquafresca again too, so i sudn't be surprised if they pushing for europe again nex season too.

genoa is ah side that rel impress me..wit some rel sweet football...and i hope and pray that our board bring back criscito!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tevez could go to City
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 05:02:00 AM »
Tevez could go to City

By Soccernet staff

June 1, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Carlos Tevez's agents would like their player to sign for Manchester City - to spite Manchester United.

Empics

Tevez: from red to blue?

The Argentine striker's advisers are free to negotiate his next move, with any fee to be paid to his owners rather than a club. And they are keen on a switch between the local rivals, according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

Tevez's main man Kia Joorabchian is interested in the City option because of the big money on offer at Eastlands, as well as the chance to prove Sir Alex Ferguson and United wrong.

United had the option of acquiring Tevez at a price agreed at the start of his two-year loan deal, but they chose not to exercise it. There is still the possibility that the player could remain at Old Trafford, but equally it may be decided that his future lies elsewhere.

Liverpool and Tottenham would also like Tevez, but they know they are behind City in the queue and would have to pay a fee in excess of £25m.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 05:04:09 AM »
Real Madrid And Milan Reach Kaka Deal - Report
Kaka is all set to play his last match for AC Milan, with a move to the Bernabeu almost sealed...
31 May 2009 07:46:15

Players

* Kaká

Tonight's game against Fiorentina will be Kaka's last in a Milan shirt, as the club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid, according to reports.

According to AS, Real Madrid are poised to sign Kaka for €60 million.

The deal was agreed on May 16, but Milan's executive director Adriano Galliani requested that it not be made public until now, so that the Brazilian could concentrate on the end of the season for the Rossoneri, who are still not sure of an automatic Champions League spot.

It is believed that Kaka will sign a five year contract with wages of around €9,120,000 per year. In addition, 50% of his image rights will go to Real Madrid.

The transfer fee will go a long way towards helping Milan pay off their considerable debts

Arjun Miglani, Goal.com
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tevez could go to City
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:25 AM »
Tevez, Robinho....maybe they could chain up Ronaldinho, get a striker (Roque Santa Cruz) and a big name influential Cenral Defender, and they good to go, man.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 07:25:17 AM »
carlo ancellotti get a new robocop-inspired shirt.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 08:17:12 AM »
Real Madrid And Milan Reach Kaka Deal - Report
Kaka is all set to play his last match for AC Milan, with a move to the Bernabeu almost sealed...
31 May 2009 07:46:15

Players

* Kaká

Tonight's game against Fiorentina will be Kaka's last in a Milan shirt, as the club have reached an agreement with Real Madrid, according to reports.

According to AS, Real Madrid are poised to sign Kaka for €60 million.

The deal was agreed on May 16, but Milan's executive director Adriano Galliani requested that it not be made public until now, so that the Brazilian could concentrate on the end of the season for the Rossoneri, who are still not sure of an automatic Champions League spot.

It is believed that Kaka will sign a five year contract with wages of around €9,120,000 per year. In addition, 50% of his image rights will go to Real Madrid.

The transfer fee will go a long way towards helping Milan pay off their considerable debts

Arjun Miglani, Goal.com

hoss ogal.com is one of the most unreliable sources of information with regards to information.......most of there articles based on hear-say & fabrications. They're banned on quite a few forums i've been to

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 10:30:07 AM »
Celtic move for Martinez
Swansea chairman reveals approach
Last updated: 1st June 2009

Source: Skysports.com

Martinez: Celtic target

Celtic have made an official approach for Swansea boss Roberto Martinez, according to the Championship club's chairman Huw Jenkins.

The Glasgow side are looking for a new manager following the departure of Gordon Strachan at the end of the SPL season.

A number of names have been linked with the vacant role but Martinez was not among the favourites to succeed Strachan.

However, Jenkins claims that Celtic have now requested permission to speak with the Spaniard.

"I had a call off their chief executive [Peter Lawwell] making me aware that they'd like to talk to Roberto," said Jenkins.

"Like I've always done I refused that until I've spoken to Roberto myself and talked things through."

Martinez is currently on holiday in Ibiza but is expected back in Britain by the middle of the week.

The 35-year-old is regarded as one of the finest young coaches in the business after making a big impression during his two seasons in charge at the Liberty Stadium.

He steered the club to promotion from League One in his first year at the helm before Swansea came close to a Championship play-off spot in 2008/9.

Martinez had also been connected with Wigan before news surfaced of Celtic's interest, with current Latics boss Steve Bruce in talks with Sunderland.

i wonder how this will affect Scotty???
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
Celtic move for Martinez
Swansea chairman reveals approach
Last updated: 1st June 2009

Source: Skysports.com

Martinez: Celtic target

Celtic have made an official approach for Swansea boss Roberto Martinez, according to the Championship club's chairman Huw Jenkins.

The Glasgow side are looking for a new manager following the departure of Gordon Strachan at the end of the SPL season.

A number of names have been linked with the vacant role but Martinez was not among the favourites to succeed Strachan.

However, Jenkins claims that Celtic have now requested permission to speak with the Spaniard.

"I had a call off their chief executive [Peter Lawwell] making me aware that they'd like to talk to Roberto," said Jenkins.

"Like I've always done I refused that until I've spoken to Roberto myself and talked things through."

Martinez is currently on holiday in Ibiza but is expected back in Britain by the middle of the week.

The 35-year-old is regarded as one of the finest young coaches in the business after making a big impression during his two seasons in charge at the Liberty Stadium.

He steered the club to promotion from League One in his first year at the helm before Swansea came close to a Championship play-off spot in 2008/9.

Martinez had also been connected with Wigan before news surfaced of Celtic's interest, with current Latics boss Steve Bruce in talks with Sunderland.

i wonder how this will affect Scotty???

maybe scotty will get a move to celtic in the future and get a taste of champions league ball....i could see it happening
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »
kaka to madrid next week for 65mil euros

galliani was in madrid with his dad finalising the negotation today apparently. but nothing official as yet

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 01:14:31 PM »
Barry gone to Man City for 12 million. Didn't see that one coming. It doh make sense to me. He shoulda either go to one of the big four or hold on for the next year and see if Villa could make the break through, instead of going to a club that now trying to start something.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »
Barry gone to Man City for 12 million. Didn't see that one coming. It doh make sense to me. He shoulda either go to one of the big four or hold on for the next year and see if Villa could make the break through, instead of going to a club that now trying to start something.

d man goin to make ah monies

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
Real Madrid complete deal for £56m Kaka?

By Soccernet staff

June 3, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

The future of Brazilian midfielder Kaka was shrouded in mystery on Tuesday night after Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reported he had joined Real Madrid for £56m - only for the player's spokesman to deny any deal had been agreed.

Kaka

Picture/AFP

Kaka: £56m mega deal?

Real are set to go on a spending spree following the return of Florentino Perez as the club's president. Despite Kaka not wishing to leave AC Milan it seems the offer was too good to turn down and, unlike with Manchester City in January, it seems unlikely the player will reject the move.

The fee would represent a new world record, surpassing the £46m Real paid to Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001. It would also mean Real hold the three highest fees paid, with the £37m for Luis Figo from Barcelona in 2000 completing the set.

The radio station reported a fee of €65million (£56million) which had been confirmed by Kaka's father and agent, Bosco Leite.

But Kaka's spokeman, Diogo Kotscho, said on Tuesday evening: "Kaka will listen to Real and decide whether or not to make the transfer.

"What I can say for certain is that the Spaniards and Milan have not reached any agreement."

Kaka has repeatedly said he does not want to play his football away from the San Siro, saying following Sunday's final game of the Serie A season at Fiorentina: "I say it for the last time. I don't want to leave Milan."

AC Milan are set for a major rebuilding exercise following the departure of long-term boss Carlo Ancelotti and the appointment of Leonardo. Milan know they need funds for their new coach to play with and cashing in on the 27-year-old attacking midfielder is seen as one way of providing that.

It also seems to bring to an end speculation that Kaka will be reunited with Ancelotti at Chelsea.

But it will not end the rumours over Cristiano Ronaldo after Perez lavished praise on the player earlier on Tuesday. It is believed that Perez sees Kaka and Ronaldo as the two perfect signings for his new tenure at the Bernabeu.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
da technically means tho that he wud have "cost" meeelan 55million euros. cuz madrid offering 65 while man city was offering 120 in jan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »
Come United...slip a bid in quick... we need a driving inspirational player

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »
Kaka = overrated & overpriced.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 02:32:57 PM »
Kaka = overrated & overpriced.

I wouldnt say too overrated..but overpriced i agree with

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
I heard Vidic signed today for Inter Milan....£22.8 million

This clears the way for Alex Ferguson to be able to afford to sign Aklie Edwards.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »

This clears the way for Alex Ferguson to be able to afford to sign Aklie Edwards.

Steups...

Cant we keep only official transfers in this thread and leave the rumors and hogwash to another thread?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »

Steups...

Cant we keep only official transfers in this thread and leave the rumors and hogwash to another thread?

Then stop posting.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 02:53:55 PM »

Steups...

Then stop posting.

Yuh doh see the thread title says official transfers or yuh blind?

we had the same problem last year, i just saying lewwe keep it on track cause yuh know it could get out of hand.

as ah ex moderator, i find yuh could come better than that.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

Steups...

rumors and hogsh!t

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 02:59:56 PM »
I dont see why we should go in for him... He is Nani but unlike Nani he is fully settled in the PL

Apparently we are going to bid for Valencia with Nani going to the jjb for a season long loan... I could see that being true

But if we lose Tevez which seems like its gonna happen I would rather buy David Silva or Ribery .. in that way we can have 2 top strikers (Wazza and Berba) and if Injuries or resting needs to occur we could use CR7 up front which he seems to enjoy and we have the likes of Macheda, F.Campbell, Manucho and even Silva or Ribery

But knowing United if we lose Tevez we'll buy a Striker and a Winger

you sure is not David Villa you want?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »

Steups...

Then stop posting.

Yuh doh see the thread title says official transfers or yuh blind?

we had the same problem last year, i just saying lewwe keep it on track cause yuh know it could get out of hand.

as ah ex moderator, i find yuh could come better than that.

If is angle yuh anglin fuh a messageboard police wuk...jes send flex a private message.   Until den....u make your posts and I'll make mine.

1]; } ?>