March 28, 2024, 04:34:40 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 102759 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Owen arrives at Manchester United for medical
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2009, 06:34:55 AM »
The original sicknote yes...but if woodgate could ketch heself Owen could do the same.

Owen strength in he prime was speed, running at players...now he is a poacher.

But I still feel he could score bout 6-10 goal a season if he sweat.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2009, 07:01:19 AM »
From the BBC's gossip page

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

And Finally

In four years at Newcastle, Michael Owen started 65 games and scored 30 goals. He is reported to have cost the relegated club an eye-watering £41m in fees and wages. (Various)

Tells you everything you need to know.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2009, 07:11:18 AM »
The original sicknote yes...but if woodgate could ketch heself Owen could do the same.

Owen strength in he prime was speed, running at players...now he is a poacher.

But I still feel he could score bout 6-10 goal a season if he sweat.

Owen always had good finishing touch imo. Like you said, even with diminished skills, I could see him scoring a respectable amount of goals a season on a good team.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2009, 07:14:19 AM »

With the service he going to get and not to mention the room he will have , I predict many goals from him this season , about his speed, maybe diminished a bit because of his knees and ankles but he is still a class act if he has the company.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Primus secures Pompey deal
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5413403,00.html

Portsmouth defender Linvoy Primus has agreed a new one-year contract and will also take on an ambassadorial role at Fratton Park.

Primus joined Pompey in 2000 from Reading and the new contract will take him into a testimonial season with the club.

He has made just one substitute's appearance for Pompey in the last two years after battling back from a serious knee injury.

The 35-year-old is happy to have secured a new contract on the South Coast and also outlined the additional duties he will take on this season.

"I'm going to be working with the younger players on and off the pitch," Primus told the club's official website.

"I'm not going to be coaching them, I'm going to be more of an advisor, more of a mentor for them.

"I'm definitely going to finish my career here and then stay with the club when that finishes.

"In the two years that I haven't played for the first team, the club have stood by me and looked after me.

"They made sure my knee is fine and have given me an opportunity to play and also given me the chance to move into a new role."
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2009, 07:42:19 AM »
Michael Owen's skills may not have diminished but I wonder how much fitness he can maintain through a season any more.  Maybe if manure could attract more than flies they won't need him on the field as much.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »
Alex Ferguson gone mad.

I expect Small Mag in here soon talking about "this is a good acquisition for us, he will slot in well for Berba and Rooney yada yada yada."

Més que un club.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »
Alex Ferguson gone mad.

De amount of times dat musbe get said in de past. I hadda see how dis work out.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2009, 08:09:09 AM »
he pass the medical yet?   supposedly they going to give him a stringent medical examination, if they find anything i sure they going to call off the deal.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »
Alex Ferguson gone mad.

I expect Small Mag in here soon talking about "this is a good acquisition for us, he will slot in well for Berba and Rooney yada yada yada."

He could sign and tear his acl in the same day and Small mag will say it still made sense.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »
Check that pic behind Kaka.

I take this paragraph out of an article I was reading. it real make meh laugh.

With all the focus on Ronaldo it was easy to forget that Perez had already made the brave decision to break with tradition and spend €15m (£13m) on a defender, yes a defender, as he recognised the need to address a problem area that had proved to be the Achilles heel of the first galacticos.

Més que un club.

Offline bigwrig

• New Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »
Owen joins Manchester United in shock move

July 3, 2009

Source: Soccernet.com

Michael Owen has been confirmed as a Manchester United player. The striker has signed a two-year deal to play at Old Trafford and no transfer was paid as the former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle forward was a free agent.

Michael Owen: A free agent who joins on a deal believed to be incentivised

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson happily confirmed the deal saying, "Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question. Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish"

Owen himself was similarly happy, and said: "I had just begun to talk to other Clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me. I agreed without a moment's thought.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands.

"I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here. I missed pre season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from day one.

"I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances"

The striker spent Friday morning at United's training complex, Carrington, before heading to a south Manchester hospital for more tests.

Owen left the hospital just after five o'clock and was understood to be returning to United's Carrington training ground to complete the formalities of the move.

The England international had been without a club following the expiry of his contract with Newcastle United and it appeared only Stoke City and Hull City were interested in offering him a contract.

But Sir Alex Ferguson has snapped up a player who is fourth in the all-time goalscorers list for his country.

Newspaper reports suggest the contract will be purely incentive based, depending on minutes played and goals scored. Sir Alex tried to sign the player - a boyhood Everton fan - as a teenager but instead he opted, on the advice of his father, to pen a contract with Liverpool where he scored 118 goals in 216 games.

United have been searching for a new forward since the departure of Carlos Tevez at the end of his loan deal. They had been linked with the likes of Karim Benzema and David Villa, but now it seems Owen will be arriving to pep up their striking options.

The 29-year-old suffered an injury-ravaged time at St James' Park but still managed to score 10 goals as the Magpies dropped out of the Premier League.

The former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker will be hoping a move to Old Trafford will push him back into the thoughts of England coach Fabio Capello ahead of next summer's World Cup finals.

In Manchester and among fans, the reaction has been mixed; Red Devils' messageboards have been lighting up with negative comments.

"Not happy. From what I've seen he is nowhere near as good as he was," was one; while another discontented fan lamented: "Owen hasnt been the same for years!"

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
Words fail me.... dat man is ah blight   >:( another flecking alan smith???

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
1 minute yuh have CRonaldo and Tevez - next minute yuh have Valencia and Owen

:rotfl:

glory glory

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

glory glory

i really think this one has backfired on fergie, this opens the door for liverpool and chelsea and arsenal

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 03, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »
The Wasserman Media Group (WMG), the management company that represents him, sent out a brochure to a number of clubs reminding them of the talent that resulted in the striker scoring 158 goals in 297 games for Liverpool and 40 goals in 89 appearances for England.

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE: The complete 32-page agents' dossier on the out-of-contract Newcastle striker - and Fergie appears to like what he's read!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2009, 02:05:32 PM »

glory glory

i really think this one has backfired on fergie, this opens the door for liverpool and chelsea and arsenal
He was free, we have nothing to lose signing him, besides I am sure Fergie still going for a top notch forward.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/5735152/Manchester-City-prepare-third-bid-for-John-Terry.html

Manchester City prepare third bid for John Terry
Manchester City are set to make a third offer for John Terry despite being told by Chelsea that the defender is “not for sale” following the rejection of a £30 million bid.

By Jason Burt
Published: 8:25PM BST 03 Jul 2009

City sources insist that the club has been given grounds for encouragement that Terry may be prised away from Stamford Bridge and are to test Chelsea’s resolve further.

For their part Chelsea claim that the statement they released on Thursday, saying they had “completely rejected” City’s latest approach was endorsed by Terry.

Unlike in January, however, when Chelsea first refused City permission to speak to the defender, Terry has not, as yet, issued his own statement. He is currently on holiday.

Chelsea are adamant that Terry is not for sale, no matter what City offer, and it may well be that to force through the transfer the 28-year-old himself would have to ask for a move. That is highly unlikely to happen given Terry’s commitment to Chelsea.

It’s thought Terry may have been concerned earlier last season at Chelsea’s progress under Luiz Felipe Scolari, and the sale of Wayne Bridge to City, and this may be what is partly still encouraging City now.

At the same time Chelsea may have work to do to placate Jose Bosingwa who is believed to have become unsettled after it became clear that the club was trying to sign Glen Johnson as his replacement. Bosingwa was offered to Bayern Munich as part of the discussions to sign Franck Ribery and although, so far, the German club has refused to sell its star asset it remains interested in the Portuguese right-back. Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge stated yesterday that he had not given up on Bosingwa.

With Chelsea’s players due to meet new manager Carlo Ancelotti tomorrow, the club hopes that a deal can still be struck for Andrei Shevchenko, who is due to return on 9 July, not to see out the final year of his contract. Dynamo Kiev’s president Ihor Surkis confirmed on Friday that Shevchenko’s former club had made an offer to him to join them as a player and coach.

“His reaction to the proposal was very positive. Everything now depends strictly on him,” he said. Shevchenko will try and negotiate a pay-off from Chelsea.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »
I'm not happy wit dis move >:(

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
Fellas, Sir Alex has nothing to lose.  He signing de man on a free, and an incentive contract.   Owen going and be hurt by Sept...he blight since he leave 'Pool.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE

that's quite spiffy.

CRonaldo all of a sudden missing Old Trafford - erm how to say it? ... he have a burning desire to return.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2009, 05:42:06 PM »
only bad thing about signing owen is that he use to be a pool player. besides that this could work out good for us, he's a proven goal scorer in the premiership, he's not going to be a starter so he wont have much wear and tear on his legs and he will have a much better team around him than at new castle, better service so he'll score some goal this season. plus fergie sign him for free and paying him small change, can't go wrong there.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »
dont c how any one can call this a bad move.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #266 on: July 03, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
dont c how any one can call this a bad move.

Agreed. Ferguson put a big carrot in front the man:

the chance to play at a big club
the chance to get England recognition again
the chance to prove doubters wrong and resuscitate his reputation

is just for Owen to grab the chance.

Either way it is low risk for United. No fee and performance related wages. If it works Ferguson is a genius, if it dosn't the player moves on.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 03, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »
Smells like desperation to me. :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
Smells like desperation to me. :devil:

:heehee:

for a side that does just roll out big stars out of their storied development program they shouldn't have to rely on a broken down footballer.

If Michael Owen was a car - the owner would've returned it to the dealership and ask for a new one under the lemon law legislation.

... If it works Ferguson is a genius, if it dosn't the player moves on.

probably the funniest thing I read whole day because Fergie is a genius if it work - but if it fail, blame the player and absolve Fergie.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »
lol acb yuh like thing eh.

Stop trying to provoke Triniairman plz, he's one of the more likeable ManU supporters.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>