April 27, 2024, 10:53:04 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 103645 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »
Spurs agree Crouch deal
Skysports.com

Tottenham have reached an agreement with Portsmouth to sign striker Peter Crouch.

Harry Redknapp worked with Crouch during his time in charge at Fratton Park and declared an interest in the England striker earlier this month.

Redknapp also hinted that Crouch may be too expensive for Spurs but Pompey have now accepted an offer, believed to be in the region of £9million.

The 28-year-old has also completed a medical at White Hart Lane and agreed personal terms.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2009, 03:50:25 PM »
It's official, having passed his medical examination this morning Zlatan Ibrahimovic returned to Camp Nou this afternoon to sign the contract which makes him a Barça player until 2014. The exact details of the deal were also revealed: Barça have paid Inter Milan €43.25 million + Samuel Eto'o (valued at €20 million) + the loan of Alexandr Hleb (Inter will pay 30% of Hleb's salary with Barça paying the other 70%). The reasoning behind the difference in value for Ibrahimovic and Eto'o is that Eto'o only had one year left on his contract while Ibrahimovic had five years remaining on his contract at Inter. Whatever the case Inter Milan have got a great deal here.

However, despite the figures I do not see it as a bad move for Barça. Ibra will give us different options in attack and I'm sure we will all appreciate his skill. Eto'o did a great job for Barça but I trust that Guardiola knows what he's doing and we are better off getting €20 million for Eto'o now than nothing next summer after a last season where Eto'o might have found it difficult to be so motivated. Admitedly the club have not treated Eto'o well but unfortunately this is what happens when a club decide they want to unload a player. However, the manner that things have been done has not been befitting from the club.

But the past is the past now and we should all get behind Ibra, I'm confident he will not disappoint us.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:54:07 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mourinho eyes up United job when Sir Alex quits
« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2009, 02:18:57 AM »
July 28, 2009

Jose Mourinho would jump at the chance of managing Manchester United should the Old Trafford hierarchy decide he is the man to replace Sir Alex Ferguson.
Click Here

At 67, Ferguson knows he cannot continue indefinitely, even though he is presently fit and healthy and has no intention of giving up a job he has held for almost 23 years.

United chief executive David Gill knows finding a suitable alternative will be the single most difficult task he will face given the incredible success Ferguson has enjoyed with the Red Devils.

Mourinho's name has been mentioned fairly frequently since his exit from Chelsea.

The Portuguese coach certainly has the charisma required to take on one of football's biggest jobs and is unlikely to be overwhelmed by the task of replacing the most successful British manager of all time.

And, while he insists he remains totally focused on trying to end Inter Milan's 54-year European Cup drought, he admitted the lure of returning to England with the current Premier League champions would probably be irresistible.

"I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson,'' he told the Daily Mirror. "If they do, then of course.

"I like England, where the fans are very passionate and make the game a beautiful occasion with such an incredible atmosphere.''

It has not escaped Mourinho's notice that since his controversial exit two years ago, Chelsea are now onto their fourth manager and have failed to recapture the title, while he - having guided Chelsea to back-to-back championships - has now won Serie A with Inter.

"I had many conversations before Chelsea and I decided on a divorce,'' he said. "It was difficult for me because we loved each other but the relationship went in one direction and it was best for everyone.

"Since I left I became champion again but they have not been champions again. I keep on winning and they don't.''
.....this man ent easy yes... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Does the Eto'o - Ibrahimovic Swap makes sense?
« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2009, 03:12:16 AM »
Yes. Barca values Ibra very highly, obviously they see him as a Kaka/Ronaldo level player.

On the other hand Eto'o is worth very little to them.

In 6 months he would be a free agent and he didn't want to stay. Eto'o looking for his last big payday and the money he was asking for to stay at Barca was ridiculous. The 40M price looking high when added to Eto'o because he is a big name striker but his actual trade value to Barca is less than 10M, probably closer to 5M.

By using him as a makeweight at least they get first option on Ibrahimovich which, for them, is good business. Good business for Inter too if Eto'o does not cause problems.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 28, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »
As a Barca man, leh meh just say, this has to be the single worse move since the letting go of Figo and the subsequent signing of Rochembak(sp).

Eto'o is a big game player and by that I mean players who duz score against big teams when it matters right through. He score in 2 CL finals. He score against Real, Bayern, Chelsea and AC Milan just to name a few.

Doh get me wrong, Zlatan eh no shit-snake. But he eh no Eto'o either. Zlatan put down some best goals this season, and has made a the highlight reel many a time this season with his acrobatics but is no Eto'o.

Barca treat Eto'o real bad and may come to rue this decision.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 28, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »
Later boy Samuel a true champion.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2009, 09:18:35 AM »
At least we have a tall man up top........sigh

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2009, 09:18:56 AM »
Ibra is not better than Eto'o.

Barca just pay a setta money to get what they already had.

I guess they just wanted a change.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2009, 09:30:07 AM »
Barca will soon learn that Ibra is a disloyal, moody, overrated, yet talented striker.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »
Zlatan will score goals in Spain. If scored goals in Italy for 3 seasons and he did well. Italy is tough league for strikers to shine. Is Eto who might have tough time. Italy does always dry up strikers and if a striker can score 20 plus goals, in 2 seasons in a row, he have a good chance of doing the same in Spain, where u have all the room to play ball. Plus on a Barca team that play such possession game, Zlatan would shine.

That is a very good point...

jah boy, Eto'o looking outta place in that Inter kit and he look like he forcing ah smile but say wha.. Hopefully he have a good season in Serie A, after all he's at the best club in Italy.

cant wait for the season to start already.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »
Ibra is not better than Eto'o.

Barca just pay a setta money to get what they already had.

I guess they just wanted a change.

Eto'o eh better dan Ibra neither.  It's all business Eto'o was disgruntled and to some extent rightfully so.  His wage demands on Barca were absurd, and what he wanted from city must have been through the roof (since they made public that he would be the higest weekly salaried player in football if he signed).  I don't think he ever really wanted to go to city so he made it near impossible by demanding more than he thought they would pay.  Inter on the other hand are almost always CL bound and gives him a potential opportunity to see Barca from the enemy side of the field and crush them.  My belief is he would not have re-signed after the current deal expired because Barca would not have wanted to pay his asking price.  So with that it was best to move him now.  Ibra had 4 or 5 years left on his deal which drives up the price on a player (as it becomes a basic buyout by the pursuing team). Add the fact that once Real paid over 150M Euro for Ronaldo and Kaka, Inter's president estimated Ibra's value at around 70-75M and it becomes clear.  Barca paid for the man they wanted fair and square.  Ibra brings quite a few qualities that will fit perfectly within Barca's style of play.  He is an excellent passer (better than Eto'o), bigger and stronger than Eto'o and a proven top notch striker just like Eto'o.  Watch him rip up CL opponents and make the nay sayers eat their words.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2009, 09:47:40 AM »
wait i forget about the history yes, yuh see how this football is a funny thing..

Eto'o, Mourinho vow to work together at Inter

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9858648/Eto%27o,-Mourinho-vow-to-work-together-at-Inter

MILAN (AP) - Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho and new signing Samuel Eto'o said Tuesday they were happy to forget their past differences when they were each at different clubs.

The pair had been involved in numerous verbal exchanges following Champions League matches between Eto'o's Barcelona and Mourinho's Chelsea.

"We played six times in three years," Mourinho said. "Six times in the Champions League and six decisive matches. But now I don't care if he said this or he said that. I am very happy to have Samuel here with us."

The ill feeling reached its pinnacle when Barcelona beat Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in the first knockout round in 2006, in which Blues left back Asier de Horno was sent off for a wild challenge on Lionel Messi.

"That match was highly charged and many things were said afterward," Eto'o said. "I have never insulted Mourinho and being coached by him is an honor."

The 28-year-old Cameroon striker signed a five-year deal at Inter on Monday in a deal that took Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the opposite direction to Barcelona. On Tuesday, Eto'o was presented at a news conference.

Eto'o also said he hopes there will be no repeat of the racial abuse toward Inter's Mario Balotelli. The Italian striker, who is of Ghanaian descent, was abused by Juventus fans last season, resulting in the Turin club serving a one-match supporter ban.

In Spain, Eto'o once threatened to walk off the pitch in protest following racist chanting by Real Zaragoza's supporters. Such was the abuse he received, that he stopped bringing family members to matches.

"If the problem occurs, and I hope it doesn't, we can talk about it," Eto'o said. "Unfortunately, these problems happen. I'm proud to be black and proud of my country, but all players are equal."

During his time with Barcelona, Eto'o won the Champions League twice, in 2006 and 2009, and scored in both finals. He has also won an Olympic gold medal and two African Cup of Nations with Cameroon.

Inter last won the European Cup in 1965, but collected the UEFA Cup in 1998.

"Winning a Champions League with Inter would be like the first time we won it with Barcelona," Eto'o said. "We hadn't won it for a long time and it is a big challenge.

"Wearing the Barcelona shirt was an honor. I won nearly everything with Barcelona, but now I want to make history with Inter."

Earlier Tuesday, Eto'o arrived at Inter's training ground to meet coach Jose Mourinho and greet about 500 supporters who had been allowed in to greet him. He then some light training with fitness coach Rui Faria.

On Tuesday morning, the rest of Inter's squad returned to Italy following its two-week preseason tour to the United States.

"The team has started to come together as I wanted," Mourinho said. "The defence is settled and we have an excellent group of strikers with Samuel, Diego Milito, Mario Balotelli and even David Suazo with his speed.

"I now have great trust in this squad."

The team will return to training on Wednesday morning before departing for Monaco on Thursday.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
next up...toure from arsenal to man city.

i doh understand this move since he is not a striker.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2009, 11:36:23 AM »
Toure signs City deal
Former Gunners star makes switch to Eastlands
Kolo Toure has signed a four-year deal at Manchester City for a fee reported to be in the region of £16million.

The former Arsenal defender agreed personal terms at Eastlands earlier on Wednesday and successfully passed a medical later in the day.

A severance package, which was thought to be a stumbling block, for Toure has now been agreed with the Gunners and the Ivory Coast star has completed his move after seven seasons at Emirates Stadium.

City boss Mark Hughes is pleased to have signed the versatile defender and believes that he will add world-class ability.

"I am delighted to welcome Kolo to Manchester City," The Welshman told the club's official website.

"It is no secret that we have been looking to strengthen our defence, and in Kolo I feel we have recruited a world-class player. He brings a wealth of Premier League experience from his seven seasons with Arsenal.

Strong
"Kolo has been a central figure in a very strong Arsenal team for many years, and I have been an admirer of him for a long time. He is strong, quick, reads the game well and will be an influential figure in the dressing room."

There have been suggestions that City are offering lucrative wages, but Toure's agent, Saif Rubie, insists his client has moved for footballing reasons.

Rubie told Sky Sports News: "Kolo is very ambitious at this time in his career. He was very impressed with (owner) Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak's vision for the club.

"For him, it is a new challenge he is very excited with what Mark Hughes is doing at the club and sees himself as a lynchpin for the team."

Rubie added: "Anybody who knows Kolo Toure knows that he is a man that plays and fights with his heart."

Everton's Joleon Lescott is thought to be next on City's wanted list after a bid of £15million was rejected by the Toffees earlier in July.

Hughes is understood to be ready to table an improved offer to the Goodison Park hierarchy for the England defender.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5460332,00.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2009, 12:06:03 PM »
next up...toure from arsenal to man city.

i doh understand this move since he is not a striker.

;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »
"The team has started to come together as I wanted," Mourinho said. "The defence is settled and we have an excellent group of strikers with Samuel, Diego Milito, Mario Balotelli and even David Suazo with his speed.

"I now have great trust in this squad."

This is going to be interesting. Suazo is in rehab for his knee injury, and has been alternating individual and joint sessions with the squad. Right now, he's not sure whether he'll be participating versus Costa Rica on the 12th ...  I'd like to see him settle with Inter ... dude has barely touched a ball within the last 5 months.

Just as curious about this frontline as I am about Owen's coming production for Man U.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »
Uh oh

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30072009/58/barclays-premier-league-elano-leaves-city.html

Barclays Premier League - Elano leaves City
Eurosport - Thu, 30 Jul 12:02:00 2009

Manchester City midfielder Elano has joined Turkish side Galatasaray.

The Brazilian playmaker has ended his two-year spell at Eastlands and will move to the Istanbul giants for a fee believed to be around £8 million.

A statement on the Manchester City website read: "Everyone at Manchester City would like to thank Elano for his services and wish him the very best of luck for the future with both his new club and with Brazil."

Elano, 28, arrived at City from Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer of 2007 as one of Sven-Goran Eriksson's first signings after becoming manager.

After an impressive start for the club, his form and fitness suffered as City slipped down the table towards the end of Eriksson's season-long tenure at the club. The arrival of new manager Mark Hughes saw him come in and out of the side.

With City recruiting a whole host of forward players during the summer to add to the wealth of attacking talent already at the club, the Brazilian has taken up the challenge of helping revive one of Turkey's biggest clubs following their disappointing fifth-place league finish last season.

Elano becomes the second City player to leave the club for Turkey this summer following striker Darius Vassell's transfer to Ankaragucu.

Tony Mabert / Eurosport
throw parties, not grenades.

giggsy11

WTF duece
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »
Times Online July 30, 2009

Manchester United targeted by Jakarta hotel bombersRichard Lloyd Parry, Asia Editor 9 Comments

(AFP/Ge
The suicide bombers who attacked two luxury hotels in Indonesia this month were aiming to kill members of the Manchester United football team, according to an internet message allegedly written by the fugitive leader of an al-Qaeda faction.

The message, posted on a blog in the name of Noordin Mohammed Top, self-styled leader of al-Qaeda Organisation Indonesia, has not been authenticated by police investigating the bombings two weeks ago. If it is genuine, then it represents an alarming threat to the security of sports teams across the world.
Mr Noordin was immediately named as the chief suspect in the bombings, and is wanted in connection with four earlier attacks going back six years which have killed 240 people. The statement in his name celebrates the double suicide bombings which killed six foreigners and one Indonesian at the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott hotels in Jakarta.

“The [Manchester United] club consists of players who are Crusaders [Christians] and therefore they did not deserve to play in a Muslim country,” the message reads. If true, the bombers struck hopelessly early — the team was not due to check in to the Ritz Carlton until the week after the bombing for a friendly fixture against a local Indonesian team. The trip was immediately cancelled.
Jemaah Islamiyah behind Jakarta suicide bombs
Four of those who died were attending a breakfast business meeting in the Marriott, and the author of the message states that foreign businessmen, especially the American Chamber of Commerce and Industry were a specific target, as “intelligence agents” of the United States.

“We know the hotels were used as a meeting point for Western businessmen to create more wicked strategies that in the end would only create misery for our Muslim brothers and sisters,” it said. “We want to destroy their strength in this country, those who steal the valuables belonging to Muslims in this country.”

“It is retribution for all the acts by the United States and its lackeys against Muslims and Muslim holy warriors,” said the statement in Arabic and Indonesian.

The attacks were dedicated to Azahari bin Husin and Sariyah Jabir, two bomb makers for the jihadi group Jemaah Islamiyah, who were killed by Indonesia anti-terrorist police during raids in 2005 and 2006.

Noordin Mohammed Top, a 40-year old Malaysian, is one of the most wanted men in south-east Asia and the leader of what appears to be the region’s most active terrorist groups. He has been blamed for other attacks against Western targets, including the Australian Embassy in Jakarta and an earlier strike against the Marriott hotel.

After a triple suicide bombings on the holiday island of Bali in 2005, the second in three years, he posted a similar internet message claiming responsibility for the attack, which was judged to be authentic. At that time, his organisation was named as al-Qaeda in the Malay Archipelago, suggesting wider ambitions than just Indonesia. The change may reflect a dwindling of the group’s capacity after seven years of intense anti-terrorist activity.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WTF duece
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »
Fork al qaeda!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenny Cooper signs with 1860 Munich
« Reply #560 on: July 31, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
Cooper transfers to TSV 1860 Munich

FC Dallas announced Friday that forward Kenny Cooper has been transferred to German second division side TSV 1860 Munich pending a medical examination. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

"Kenny has been an outstanding player for us over the last four seasons as well as a tremendous ambassador for FC Dallas in his time with the club, and we wish him the best in Munich," said general manager Michael Hitchcock in a press release. "Kenny indicated to us that he wanted to return to Europe when his contract expired next year. The timing of this transfer allows Kenny to continue his career overseas while providing our club with valuable resources for new acquisitions."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 31, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »
Obafemi Martins signs four-year deal with Wolfsburg

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9875978/Obafemi-Martins-signs-four-year-deal-with-Wolfsburg

WOLFSBURG, Germany (AP) - Bundesliga champion Wolfsburg has signed Nigeria forward Obafemi Martins from Newcastle.

Martins signed a four-year contract with the German club on Friday.

The 24-year-old Martins will join a forward line of Grafite and Edin Dzeko, who combined for a Bundesliga record 54 goals last season in leading Wolfsburg to its first title.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
Obafemi Martins signs four-year deal with Wolfsburg

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9875978/Obafemi-Martins-signs-four-year-deal-with-Wolfsburg

WOLFSBURG, Germany (AP) - Bundesliga champion Wolfsburg has signed Nigeria forward Obafemi Martins from Newcastle.

Martins signed a four-year contract with the German club on Friday.

The 24-year-old Martins will join a forward line of Grafite and Edin Dzeko, who combined for a Bundesliga record 54 goals last season in leading Wolfsburg to its first title.
Newcastle expecting to get promoted? this would of been a good pick up if Sunderland were to get him...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 31, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
this might mean that dzeko is about to leave.  i know the club has said he is going nowhere but he wants to leave...who knows what could happen.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 01, 2009, 04:38:43 PM »
Another Ibra-Eto'oesque type deal, but I'd take this as a Chelsea fan. As an AC Milan fan, I can see why they feel as though they need to start over from scratch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203755/Andrea-Pirlo-set-Chelsea-10m-Claudio-Pizarro-moves-AC-Milan.html?ITO=1490

Andrea Pirlo set for Chelsea in £10m move but only if Claudio Pizarro moves to AC Milan
By Mark Ryan Last updated at 9:55 PM on 01st August 2009

Andrea Pirlo, Italy's World Cup-winning midfielder, is set to rejoin Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea in the next few days.

AC Milan are prepared to accept an offer of £10million for Pirlo if they can take striker Claudio Pizarro in the opposite direction.

The Italians have been trying to hold out for £14m for Pirlo, although they are expected to lower their price tomorrow to set the transfer in motion.

All parties are confident a deal can be done because the 30-year-old is very keen on the move and personal terms have already been agreed.

Ancelotti wants Pirlo, who helped him win the Champions League twice at AC Milan, to bring stability and technical excellence to his first Premier League campaign.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 01, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
pizarro did well last year in germany.   i feel he could get some goals in milan, lord knows they will need it b/c from the looks of things they are going to be shipping goals by the bundle

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 01, 2009, 04:51:07 PM »
pizarro did well last year in germany.   i feel he could get some goals in milan, lord knows they will need it b/c from the looks of things they are going to be shipping goals by the bundle

yup, was really surprised that Bremen didn't keep him, especially with Diego leaving to Juve. Chelsea might be benefitting from good karma for letting Sheva return to Milan last year.

As for Milan's defence, Onyewu seems to the star of alot of the defensive blunders that are leaking goals. I think Milan couldve done alot better than going for the basement bargain player.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 02, 2009, 02:06:23 PM »
Paper Talk
Skysports.com looks at today's newspapers
Last updated: 2nd August 20

Sunday August 2nd

United aim for Silva deal - News of the World
Manchester United are ready to tell Valencia to name their price for David Silva ahead of the friendly between the two teams in midweek. Would Silva be a hit in the Premier League?

Potters to break bank for Bent - Daily Star Sunday
Stoke City are ready to make a club record £15million offer for Tottenham striker Darren Bent. Can the Potters convince Bent to move to the Britannia Stadium?

Gunners track PSV ace - The People
Arsenal are lining up a £7million bid for PSV Eindhoven midfielder Ibrahim Afellay. Could Afellay help inspire the Gunners this season?

Duo jostle for Benjani deal - Various
Blackburn Rovers and Portsmouth are locked in a battle to sign Manchester City striker Benjani. Who should Benjani join?

United back in for Aguero - Daily Star Sunday
Manchester United are ready to make a fresh attempt to sign Sergio Aguero from Atletico Madrid. Can United convince Atletico to sell?

Black Cats want Spurs duo - The People
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is planning a bid to sign Tottenham Hotspur pair David Bentley and Michael Dawson. Would these two be good additions to Bruce's squad?

Tigers to hijack Seyi deal - Daily Star Sunday
Hull City are ready to make a late £2.5million swoop for Stoke City midfielder Seyi Olofinjana, who had been expected to join Monaco. Where will Olofinjana go?

Spurs want Van Bommel - News of the World
After seemingly missing out on Patrick Vieira, Spurs will now make a move for Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel. Would the Dutchman be a success at White Hart Lane?

Beye eyed up by duo - The People
After Hull City declared an interest in Habib Beye, Aston Villa and Blackburn are now keen on the Newcastle full-back. Where will Beye end up?

I really hope that Sergio Aguero bid could happen, I been hoping United buy this player, and if we get David Silva, that will be a bonus.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »
Don't know how the Ribery thing will play out when Bayern has already rejected £80M from Real Madrid, led by some heavy lobbying from Zidane. Also, Bayern might have a little bit of bad mind towards Chelsea for scuppering their Bosingwa bid.

News outlets seem to have determined that the Pirlo deal is done, but you haven't heard anything confirming or denying the reports - which makes me believe that the deal is probably as good as done. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pirlo in West London before the Community Sheild match - which could mean that Deco, who's been having a great pre-season could end up as a part of a package deal for Ribery, or the other rumour Aguero - which Manchester is reportedly courting.

Given the bad treatment meted out to Argentines in  Manchester RE: Veron, Heinze and Tevez, wouldn't be surprised if Aguero scorned a move there in favour of liming with fellow countryman Di Santo at Chelsea.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03082009/58/barclays-premier-league-chelsea-set-100m-trio.html

Barclays Premier League - Chelsea 'set for £100m trio'
Eurosport - Mon, 03 Aug 11:14:00 2009

Chelsea are expected to complete the signing of Andrea Pirlo before turning their attentions to Franck Ribery and Sergio Aguero, according to reports.

The triple swoop will set back the Blues a cool £100 million, but the Daily Mail claims club owner Roman Abramovich is willing to outlay the money as he is desperate to prove he still has what it takes to compete in the transfer market.

Milan midfielder Pirlo is on the verge of sealing a move to Stamford Bridge to again link up with former Rossoneri boss Carlo Ancelotti, despite claims to the contrary in Italy.

An initial approach for the Italy international has been turned down, but Chelsea are confident an increased offer of £12m, plus striker Claudio Pizarro, will persuade Milan to sell.

A deal could even be in place in time for next weekend's Community Shield showdown with Manchester United who, along with Chelsea, are interested in Ribery (pictured) and Aguero.

Ribery wants to leave Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and with Real Madrid having cooled their interest in the France international, Chelsea and United are set to battle it out for his signature.

Chelsea believe they have the edge as Abramovich is willing to spend over £40m to secure the services of the talented Frenchman.

The Daily Mail also claims Abramovich is prepared to meet Atletico Madrid's £45m valuation of Aguero in a bid to pip United to the highly-rated Argentine striker.

Eurosport

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 03, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »
wouldn't be surprised if Aguero scorned a move there in favour of liming with fellow countryman Di Santo at Chelsea.

:-X
Check thing, Di Santo to Blackburn Rovers on loan.

1]; } ?>