March 29, 2024, 03:47:36 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 102779 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #630 on: August 28, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »
can't believe Real Madrid gone and sell their best player to bayern..

Robben on the left, Schweinsteiger on the right and Ribery in the middle that is some firepower right there..

Arjen Robben signs for Bayern Munich

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9992614/Arjen-Robben-signs-for-Bayern-Munich

MUNICH (AP) - Bayern Munich completed the transfer of Arjen Robben from Real Madrid, and the Netherlands winger could make his Bundesliga debut Saturday against defending champion Wolfsburg.

"I am in top shape. I have good preparation with Real Madrid behind me and I am ready to play," Robben said Friday after signing a four-year contract.

Details of the deal were not released.

"It all went very fast," Robben told Bayern's house TV. "I had a few things to think about and at the end I decided that I'd like to go to such a big club as Bayern."

The 25-year-old Dutchman arrived in Munich late Thursday to undergo medical tests.

"I feel very welcome here. It's big club with a great history and I am pleased to be here now," Robben said.

Robben will reunite with Dutch coach Louis van Gaal, who once picked him to play for the Netherlands at the under-20 World Cup.

Van Gaal said earlier Friday that Robben's fitness and creativity will make him a major asset to the team.

"I believe that he's fit, that he can play," Van Gaal said. "He has played in Madrid for two years, but now he's coming here. And that's something different, I think."

Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness said Robben might be ready to make his debut on Saturday against defending champion Wolfsburg.

Van Gaal compared Robben's creative style of play to that of Franck Ribery, the French star winger whom the coach wants to move into central midfield.

"(Franck) Ribery has this quality, but Robben does, too," Van Gaal said. "And we need that, I think."

Van Gaal is off to a rocky start as Bayern Munich's new coach. The team remains winless in its first three league games, with just two points from a possible nine.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 28, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »
http://www.safc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10281~1781292,00.html

Bruce completes Mensah swoop

EXCLUSIVE: Sunderland have signed Olympique Lyonnais centre-back John Mensah on a season-long loan deal.

Sunderland have completed the signing of Olympique Lyonnais centre-back John Mensah, safc.com can exclusively reveal.

Mensah, 26, joins on a season-long loan from the French giants.  Sunderland have an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the loan spell.

Nicknamed 'the Rock of Gibraltar' in his native Ghana, Mensah has represented his country on almost 60 occasions and is the current vice-captain of the Ghanaian national squad.

He represented Ghana in the 2006 FIFA World Cup and was named in the All-Star team for the African Nations Cup earlier in the same year.

Mensah started his career in the Ghanaian capital with MBC Accra before being spotted as a youngster by Italian Serie A side Bologna.

After moves to Chievo Verona and US Cremonese and loan spells with Swiss outfit AC Bellinzona, Genoa and Modena, Mensah signed for French side Stade Rennais in January 2006.

The defender made more than 60 Ligue 1 appearances for Rennais before attracting the attention of Lyon, who paid 8.4m Euros to acquire his services in July 2008.

Mensah becomes Steve Bruce's sixth signing of the summer, joining Fraizer Campbell, Paulo Da Silva, Lorik Cana, Darren Bent and Lee Cattermole at the Stadium of Light.

Keep checking safc.com for more on this breaking story, including an exclusive first chat with Mensah as well as full reaction from manager Steve Bruce.

Never seen him so not a clue about him, but can't be any worse than a couple of the muppets we have already.

giggsy11

« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2009, 09:20:04 AM »
It seems like Real not only strengthening La Liga with their signings but it appears that the players they are selling are strengthening other leagues. Only EPL gettin left behind.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 30, 2009, 02:19:17 AM »
ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO RETURNS TO KIEV
Andriy Shevchenko has rejoined his old club Dynamo Kiev on a free transfer from Chelsea.

The Ukrainian striker decided to quit Stamford Bridge after coach Carlo Ancelotti said he could not guarantee the 33-year-old first-team football this season.

Shevchenko spent last season on loan with AC Milan, working with Ancelotti, and the Italian coach wanted him to play a part in Chelsea's season.

Shevchenko, who joined Chelsea three years ago for a fee thought to have been around £32million, had 11 months remaining on his current contract but after detailed discussions, the club have agreed to release him.

Shevchenko's official return to Kiev is expected to take place on Sunday.
http://orange.football365.com/Story/0,17169,8668_5523143,00.html

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Jesus Christ has signed for FC Barcelona.

Amen.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
Jesus Christ has signed for FC Barcelona.

Amen.

:rotfl:

Well yuh know is treble every year now!
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 31, 2009, 01:11:31 PM »
Sunderland sign Turner from Hull

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 31, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
Did they have tuh give up any players , like cambell forinstance or murphy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 31, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »

No just a straight deal, wild variations on price £6-10 Million no one knows really.

Suspect will now bid for Figuero (sp) as Bruce seems to have lost it with the defence.  Sold McShane to Hull for a reported £2-3 Million and selling Collins to Stoke for a reported £3-4 Million, Nosworthy maybe also off so it looks like Turner has netted down to about £2-4 Million, so I suppose not bad business. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 31, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

No just a straight deal, wild variations on price £6-10 Million no one knows really.

Suspect will now bid for Figuero (sp) as Bruce seems to have lost it with the defence.  Sold McShane to Hull for a reported £2-3 Million and selling Collins to Stoke for a reported £3-4 Million, Nosworthy maybe also off so it looks like Turner has netted down to about £2-4 Million, so I suppose not bad business. 
So ah guess carlos is safe until january? since tomorrow is the last day for transfers and carlos is out of the country on international duty.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 31, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »
Last I heard he was still talking to Ipswich, strong rumour that he is gone, but nothing confirmed either way.  I would of thought something would of been announced if he had turned down Ipswich tbh. 

If he is not going to get a start I would of thought he and T&T would be better off him getting another club and playing 1st team football imho.

Window closes 5pm tomorrow usually a busy day so not long to wait.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 31, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Last I heard he was still talking to Ipswich, strong rumour that he is gone, but nothing confirmed either way.  I would of thought something would of been announced if he had turned down Ipswich tbh. 

If he is not going to get a start I would of thought he and T&T would be better off him getting another club and playing 1st team football imho.

yuh must remember that carlos is ah foreigner and it's a lot of paper work tuh get done for ah transfer on the last day of the window, i believe things didn't go through BC as we speak he's on ah plane on his way to honduras. he still needs ah medical and ah renewed work permitt.

BTW, i thought the window closed @ 11 59 pm on th 31st, ah guess things have changed this season?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 31, 2009, 01:53:56 PM »
I bow to your superior knowledge (as usual ;))

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 31, 2009, 02:07:22 PM »
Come on man, no need tuh go there, we just reasoning. remember my post had ah question mark @ the end so i was in all actuality depending on your superior knowledge. BTW yuh didn't answer my question.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 31, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »

yuh must remember that carlos is ah foreigner and it's a lot of paper work tuh get done for ah transfer on the last day of the window, i believe things didn't go through BC as we speak he's on ah plane on his way to honduras. he still needs ah medical and ah renewed work permitt.

BTW, i thought the window closed @ 11 59 pm on th 31st, ah guess things have changed this season?

Bank holiday exception.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 31, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »
ICEMAN TO MONACO.

Iceland striker Eidur Gudjohnsen has joined Monaco from Barcelona on a two-year contract, the Ligue 1 club said on Monday.

The 30-year-old, who joined the Spanish club in 2006 after six seasons at Chelsea, no longer played any part in Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola's plans.

The much-travelled Gudjohnsen, who has also had spells at PSV Eindhoven and Bolton Wanderers, has moved for an undisclosed transfer fee, Monaco said on their website.

read the rest if yuh want to
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42:41 PM »
Come on man, no need tuh go there, we just reasoning. remember my post had ah question mark @ the end so i was in all actuality depending on your superior knowledge. BTW yuh didn't answer my question.

Only joking JC, sorry didn't come across like that in the post, already answered by FK.

btw I am not sure about the rules on international clearances, do they still have to be completed by deadline or can the players be registered awaiting clearance, anybody know.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:07 AM »

Only joking JC, sorry didn't come across like that in the post, already answered by FK.

btw I am not sure about the rules on international clearances, do they still have to be completed by deadline or can the players be registered awaiting clearance, anybody know.
Don't fret kev , i was joshing too. :beermug: about the clearance, i don't know for sure, but i remember when KJ signed for sunlun he had to wait for international clearance and couldn't till he got a letter from our local football union pfatt, and scotland had to wait as well when he recently signed for wigan, but please don't quote me on that.                          positive.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2009, 07:16:15 AM »
Leadbitter completes switch
Skysports.com

Black Cats midfielder completes move to Tractor Boys

Skysports.com understands that Sunderland's Grant Leadbitter has completed his move to Ipswich, signing a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old was keen to rejoin former Black Cats manager Roy Keane at the Championship club in a bid to find first-team football.

Leadbitter has seen himself fall down the pecking order at the Stadium of Light following the summer arrivals of Lorik Cana and Lee Cattermole.

As a result of the extreme competition for places the midfielder has started just one game under manager Steve Bruce this term which came in the 4-1 Carling Cup win over Norwich.

It is all a far cry from his time under Keane when Leadbitter made 37 Premier League appearances, 19 of them starts, during the Irishman's 18 months in charge in the top flight.

Leadbitter's Sunderland team-mate Carlos Edwards is also close to finalising his move to Portman Road.

From safc:Black Cat pair seal switch
Carlos off to Ipswich

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:48:28 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 01, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »

Don't fret kev , i was joshing too. :beermug: about the clearance, i don't know for sure, but i remember when KJ signed for sunlun he had to wait for international clearance and couldn't till he got a letter from our local football union pfatt, and scotland had to wait as well when he recently signed for wigan, but please don't quote me on that.                          positive.

Must be OK to move and wait, just been SSN anyone moving today that requires a work permit (which would include Carlos) the application had to be in to the FA by noon yesterday. 

Obviously clubs expecting to sign players would of put an application in just in case. The player didn't have to sign yesterday.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 01, 2009, 07:43:53 AM »
Why Wenger ent doing no business... ???

We need quality and experience to come in...at least 3 players.

It is very disheartening to see Bendtner warming up.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 01, 2009, 07:51:02 AM »
1448: Done deals: Sunderland have confirmed Ipswich have signed Grant Leadbitter for up to £2.6m and fellow midfielder Carlos Edwards for up to £1.35m.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »

EXCLUSIVE: Sunderland have signed Olympique Lyonnais centre-back John Mensah on a season-long loan deal.

Sunderland have completed the signing of Olympique Lyonnais centre-back John Mensah, safc.com can exclusively reveal.

Mensah, 26, joins on a season-long loan from the French giants.  Sunderland have an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the loan spell.

Nicknamed 'the Rock of Gibraltar' in his native Ghana, Mensah has represented his country on almost 60 occasions and is the current vice-captain of the Ghanaian national squad.

He represented Ghana in the 2006 FIFA World Cup and was named in the All-Star team for the African Nations Cup earlier in the same year.

Mensah started his career in the Ghanaian capital with MBC Accra before being spotted as a youngster by Italian Serie A side Bologna.

After moves to Chievo Verona and US Cremonese and loan spells with Swiss outfit AC Bellinzona, Genoa and Modena, Mensah signed for French side Stade Rennais in January 2006.

The defender made more than 60 Ligue 1 appearances for Rennais before attracting the attention of Lyon, who paid 8.4m Euros to acquire his services in July 2008.

Mensah becomes Steve Bruce's sixth signing of the summer, joining Fraizer Campbell, Paulo Da Silva, Lorik Cana, Darren Bent and Lee Cattermole at the Stadium of Light.

Keep checking safc.com for more on this breaking story, including an exclusive first chat with Mensah as well as full reaction from manager Steve Bruce.

Never seen him so not a clue about him, but can't be any worse than a couple of the muppets we have already.
He's a better than average defender, or at least used to be. Problem is he's rather injury prone. I'd wrap him up in cotton wool and keep him for the teams that actually play football as opposed to the Stoke, Blackburn, Boltons and other bruisers...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 01, 2009, 09:16:34 AM »

He's a better than average defender, or at least used to be. Problem is he's rather injury prone. I'd wrap him up in cotton wool and keep him for the teams that actually play football as opposed to the Stoke, Blackburn, Boltons and other bruisers...

Cheers

Seems to have had problems with racism at lyon which looked like they got to him and played out of position when he did play.  Probably teh reason why its a loan rather than permanent deal.  Collins has gone aswell so 1 muppet less.

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:10 AM »
Sky Sports:  Alan Hutton swap deal with Anton Ferdinand between Sunderland and Spurs.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Bain makes Tranmere move
« Reply #656 on: September 09, 2009, 08:04:31 AM »
Rovers boss snaps up striker

Bain makes Tranmere move

Last updated: 8th September 2009

Bain: Rovers move

Grenada international striker Kithson Bain has joined League One strugglers Tranmere until 2010.

Rovers secured a work permit for Bain on appeal earlier in the summer after the forward impressed manager John Barnes while on international duty.

The 27-year-old, who is an international team-mate of Blackburn striker Jason Roberts, becomes the first Grenada based-player ever to move overseas.

Barnes said: "Kithson is a strong, quick striker and I'm pleased to be able to bring him to the club.

"He was the top scorer in the Caribbean Cup with six goals when I was manager of Jamaica and he carried the Grenada side.

"He will add another dimension to our attacking options and I look forward to working with him

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bain makes Tranmere move
« Reply #657 on: September 09, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »
I know that Grenadians are practically Trini's but I still don't see why this article was posted...It doh have no spice boyz forum?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bain makes Tranmere move
« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2009, 08:42:56 AM »
I know that Grenadians are practically Trini's but I still don't see why this article was posted...It doh have no spice boyz forum?

is all bout caribbean brotherhood brother.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De Guzman signs with Toronto FC
« Reply #659 on: September 11, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »
De Guzman signs with Toronto FC

Toronto FC has signed Canadian international Julian de Guzman as the club’s first designated player.

The MLS team announced the move Friday at a news conference at BMO Field.

"This is an exciting day for Toronto FC fans," said general manager Mo Johnston. "This deal to bring Julian back home was a long time coming, and we are absolutely delighted that we got it done and he's back playing in his hometown.

"For me, he is a tremendous young talent; he ticks all the boxes in what we were looking for in a DP and will help our team straight away."

De Guzman, a midfielder who spent the last four years with Deportivo la Coruna, had been out of contract since the end of the 2008-09 Spanish league season.

Financial details of the deal were not released, but the club confirmed that the 28-year-old native of Scarborough, Ont., has agreed to terms on a contract that ties him to the club through the 2012 Major League Soccer season.

"This is a dream come true for me, to be part of a professional team at this level in Toronto," said de Guzman, who will wear No. 6 for Toronto. "I'm home again. Couldn't ask for anything better."

Fielded other offers

Johnston and de Guzman were in contract negotiations earlier this summer, but the midfielder turned down a lucrative offer to become the club's first designated player because he wanted to continue his career with a European club. De Guzman reportedly fielded offers from teams in England, Holland and Spain, but nothing came of it, paving the way for him to sign with Toronto.

Under MLS rules, teams are granted one designated player roster spot that they can use to sign a marquee star, with only $400,000 US of his contract counting against the $2.3 million salary cap.

The Los Angeles Galaxy famously made use of the DP rule to sign English superstar David Beckham in January 2007.

De Guzman has made over 40 appearances and scored four goals since making his debut for Canada’s national team as the 2002 Gold Cup.

The Canadian men's player of the year in 2008 started his club career with Germany's Hannover 96 in 2002 before moving to Spain three years later.

Toronto FC's interest shouldn't come as a surprise as de Guzman is considered among the best players in Canadian soccer and would be a prized acquisition for Canada's lone MLS team.

Toronto currently sits 11th overall in the MLS standings, three spots behind Real Salt Lake, which occupies the eighth and final playoff position. The Reds are involved in a seven-way dogfight for the final four post-season berths but, with just six games left in the season, time is running out.

Interest decision by De Guzman, supposedly passed up offers from England, Holland and Spain to play MLS ball.  hmmm.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

1]; } ?>