March 28, 2024, 01:57:57 PM

Author Topic: EPL Relagation thread.  (Read 6642 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: EPL Relagation thread.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »
newcastle goes down!!!!!   >:( :(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »
Newcastle gets relegated due to an own goal and an insipid second half display.

Sums up Newcastle's season really.

For some reason, I feel really sad. I'm a diehard Liverpool fan, but I have a soft spot for the Toon.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »
hull lucky d banana peel they slip on wasnt lil bit longer
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
Some fans had a sign that said, "Let's laugh at Newcastle HA HA." - Dey should thank dey lucky stars the smell an EPL next season.  Real changes will be made!!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
Kinda sad Newcastle had to go down but they didnt seem so desperate like i would of expected of them but o well am just glad Sunderland save most likely Newcastle be right back up so its w/e...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 11:03:28 AM »
rightos , who want to buy martins and where owen going
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
rightos , who want to buy martins and where owen going

Owen looking like his best days are behind him.

He is looking every day of his 29 years.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »
Somewhat anti-climatic last day...no final day heroics....as they came in today, they leave.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
Newcastle have a huge wage bill to reduce to there's going to be a serious fire sale.  The problem is going to be finding buyers for players that were so poor throughout the season.

I've never been a fan of Newcastle but no club deserves to be run into the ground like they have.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »
Prediction Roundup:

Sunderland vs Chelsea
Sunderland cut-ass book. They finishing this game with 10 men too. Is only left to see who helping them in the other matches.

Sunderland 2 - Chelsea 1
Cut-ass: check
10 men: fail
Relegated: No

Hull vs Man U
Man U winning this one even with the youth squad. 2-1.

Hull 0 - Man U 1
Cut-ass: check
2-1 Score: fail
Relegated: No

West Ham vs Middlesborough
West ham is a strong side, but Boro is a better side than the results suggest. Which is to say, they will be up 1-0 until the 80th minute, when they give up 2 quick to lose 2-1.
West Ham 2 - Boro 1
Cut-ass: Check
2-1 Score: Check!
Relegated: Yes

Aston Villa vs Newcastle
As long as Joey Barton not playing, Newcastle have a shot to finish with 11 men on the field.
As long as Shearer is the coach and not on the field, Newcastle have a shot to make the playoffs next season in the Championship.
Aston Villa 1 - Newcastle 0
Cut-ass: Check

Blackburn Rovers vs West Brom
West Brom done have they Championship bus schedule map out. They might come out just to kick-up Bolton men because that is what yuh does feel to do every time you see Bolton on a field. Rest some king-fu on them.
Blackburn 0 - West Brom 0
Cut-ass: no
Drunken Monkey Boxing: Check

So the end result is that they all lose, the table remains the same and we can look forward to another Season of shit from Sunderland.

All Lose: More or less!
Another Shit Season from Sunderland: Who can predict the future? (yes!)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 11:17:25 AM »
JDB should be relegated from fantasy for picking ronaldo as his captain this week  :devil:
what an epic crawl to the finish line
those 5 shit sides could play another 3 months and non of them hit 40 points

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »
wish hull went down

i was liking them at the start of the season then phil brown and that electronic q-tip of a microphone of his started getting batty, esp with his tv LIE about Cesc spitting on his staff member.

hope they get pounded next season

as for newcastle goingdown isnt just embarrassing they are in a financial world of shite

i see them going the way of leeds utd.

very very sad

sunderland still not good enough for the prem i feel but others were worse they they were

funny, thought british pres want a british england manager, yet two english managers just got relegated... something to ponder

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 12:11:37 PM »
wow, look at the shit team man utd putting out...

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville, Brown, De Laet, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Welbeck, Martin, Macheda.

Yeah, they're shit because most of them are young.

Is the auto-pilot button on your brain permanently stuck or do you actually dare to think constructivelyfrom time to time?

Either way, four of those players have more Champions League medals than most of Chelsea's first team...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »
i really hope that newcastle survive..

hull and boro could go down for all i care, but imo the EPL go lose something if Newcastle end up playing championship ball next season.

When yuh look at their roster, yuh have to scratch yuh head on how they got there to begin with.

You realy find so Kicker?

I watch that squad and I see the biggest set of over-rated and past it players yuh could imagine. Necastle problem is that they keep buying names that could excite the fans like Luque, Owen

Viduka, good player but lazy, the definition of mercenary.
Owen, nuff said, just sad the turns his career took.
Duff, I had to check Wikipedia to confirm that Duff is only 30 years old. His best days are long gone and he looking like he close to retirment.
Coloccini, a wildman masquerading as a footballer, the Argentinian Gabby Heinze...oh wait.
Barton, actually a very skilful footballer but an absolute nutcase
Alan Smith, for all those who talk about Kenwyne not being a striker, just look at Smith as an example of what we don't want from Kenwyne

Worse yet they get rid of their best defender, Faye, last summer, and their only top class player, Given, in January.

Add to that a clueless owner who leave the side without a manager for months and it is a surprise they last this long. Is only the mess that is Sunderlasnd and Hull that keep them afloat.

Anyway I glad United win, vindication for Ferguson. Real men criticise Gibson in the semis but he is a quality player. I hope they keep him in the squad.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 01:27:48 PM »

hull and boro could go down for all i care, but imo the EPL go lose something if Newcastle end up playing championship ball next season.

When yuh look at their roster, yuh have to scratch yuh head on how they got there to begin with.

I watch that squad and I see the biggest set of over-rated and past it players yuh could imagine. Necastle problem is that they keep buying names that could excite the fans like Luque, Owen

Duff, I had to check Wikipedia to confirm that Duff is only 30 years old. His best days are long gone and he looking like he close to retirment.
Coloccini, a wildman masquerading as a footballer, the Argentinian Gabby Heinze...oh wait.
Alan Smith, for all those who talk about Kenwyne not being a striker, just look at Smith as an example of what we don't want from Kenwyne

Worse yet they get rid of their best defender, Faye, last summer, and their only top class player, Given, in January.

Add to that a clueless owner who leave the side without a manager for months and it is a surprise they last this long. Is only the mess that is Sunderlasnd and Hull that keep them afloat.

Anyway I glad United win, vindication for Ferguson. Real men criticise Gibson in the semis but he is a quality player. I hope they keep him in the squad.

Yeah, I hear you and I've thought the same thing at times this season....but yuh would feel they have enough quality and experience to escape relegation....not necessarily a good enough roster for Europe, or maybe not even a top half if yuh  want to begrudge them that...but I wouldn't peg them as a relegation bound team...But then again Middlesborough fans could argue the same...

To me their achilles heel was sloppy defending- when they advance the ball at pace as they did many times this season, they look like a competitive unit.....they don't look like Hull or even Stoke for e.g. when they move the ball around the field...they actually look like a smooth unit...but like you say that  all important cutting edge is what they don't have because their roster is heavy on the "has-been" side of things...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:32:28 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »

sunderland still not good enough for the prem i feel but others were worse they they were

well, I'd imagine that means they are good enough for the EPL. otherwise they would have been relegated today. no?

really glad they stayed alive.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 07:55:40 PM »
Speaking of relegation.
Harry Redknapp have a deal with the devil eh.

The way I figure, he make the deal to manage in the prem league, and as the twist, the Devil make sure all his teams have to fight off relegation.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 05:20:57 AM »
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 08:39:46 AM »

newcastle eh all dat bad man.. or at least not bad enough to be relegated imo.. i just think they blight..

it seems like anytime a player goes there is just downhill after that.. I find they actually have some really good players..

Martins is still a great player, but his form suffered in that side. I coulda never understand why they thought an unfit and uninterested Owen was a better option to start earlier this season.

Coloccini is actually a good defender in my books, but needs more time and more pace to develop in the prem. Beye is very good as well.. Also, I find Gutierrez have real potential to be a great player as well..

When Duff got there he was still a very good player and just fizzle out in that side. Viduka big and lazy, but them kinda forwards effective in the prem.

newcastle have the ingredients to be a mid table but they needed a good coach. Shearer in the end didnt convince me and look like he didnt know what he was doing but they giving him a bligh cause he name Shearer. Anyone else woulda gotten slaughtered..

the EPL will miss them. Big club, big stadium and some of the most passionate fans in England. Sad to see them go... I used to real like that side back in the days of Asprilla, Ginola, Beardsley, Phillipe Albert, Rob Lee, Keith Gillespie and Shaka so i still have a lil soft spot for them.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »
Jonas Gutierrez is one of the top 10 players in the EPL IMO.

He won't be going to the Championship division.

For his sake, I hope he plays in another league like La Liga or Serie A.  His talents will be better utilised not to mention appreciated there.  Diego has already seen the light.  If they haven't already, others soon will.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 11:50:38 AM »
Newcastle had a EPL side at the start of the season. Once Given and N'Zogbia left, that became debatable.

Every manager, until Shearer, kept starting Owen in front of Martins, or letting Martins be the first sub even though he was the only good player on the field. Even when the man scoring goals.

Viduka and Owen, unfit and never got back to half their levels.
The midfield full of hustle bustle men and no creativity, yet they were playing N'Zogbia everywhere else except as the creative mid.
The defence...in a mess. Only Habib Beye and Bassong looked like decent buys(and S. Taylor was consistent yet they keep shifting him all acros the backline.)

Of Newcastle side Gutierrez, Beye, Taylor, Bassong and Martins were the only players who seem capable of being in any other EPL squad.

Butt, Barton, Owen, Viduka, Coloccini, Duff and Nolan could survive on past glories but not how they played at Newcastle.

Geremi, Smith, Ameobi, Ryan Taylor and the rest of the side...not EPL material.

Guthrie and Carroll could stay for potential and we could build on them along with whoever willing to stay in that first batch of players.

The again, the names on this side still do sound better than the names at Fulham and West Ham...ah well. Mismanagement at its best...this is the kick up the backside Newcastle needs to get their house in order and come back strong.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
Speaking of relegation.
Harry Redknapp have a deal with the devil eh.

The way I figure, he make the deal to manage in the prem league, and as the twist, the Devil make sure all his teams have to fight off relegation.

Tottenham ended the season fighting with Fulham for the last place in Europe . They lost out when Liverpool beat them on the last day of the season. Not really a relegation fight. Unless you mean his teams have to fight off relegation at some point of the season..not necessarily the end. But he also managed some moderately successful Portsmouth teams that were never in danger of relegation.

1]; } ?>