April 19, 2024, 06:20:11 PM

Author Topic: How would you compare our present day players to those of the past  (Read 4268 times)

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How would you compare our present day players to those of the past
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »
Well look at that,  thanks Palos....  :) and I cussing Haiti fuh years now...  :-X

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 04:57:50 PM »
Palos,
        i can agree with you on that. But that is still the chicken and egg theory. Yes we lost the first game but we rebounded and should have won the second. What if we had won the first and then lost to Mexi. Maybe it just was not our time to go.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 01:13:25 AM »
know yuh fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »
No comment I born in 74

i will listen to the words of the wise on this one but something to think about

was Michael Jordon better than Dr J
is Le Bron or Kobe better than michael J
Are the tactics now better than before

the only thing the previous generation had that we probably dont now a days is natural skill and talent

Guus was able to shut messi and barca down, these days its all tactics

it seems like we grooming soldiers now a days

Like KJ no real talent but feed him right train him right and play to his limited strengths and we may have a star one day, if only the coaches can be tactically up to the task of harnessing what we have to work with we may progress

ps: currently i think we lack natural ability and skill and in need of a good tactical coach

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
Aye Mock,
              I ain't knocking these present players because I am from the past and I have something against them. That is far from the truth. I am amazed them men playing in the EPL. When I was growing up that was a dream or illusion, depending on how you look at it. When Dwight went to Manu, that was amazing thing to see a small island boy break into one of the top club in the world and was a "STARBOY". The man was on par with Best, Charlton, Law, Cantona, etc. How could a ball jumbie like me or any Trini  not feel proud?

From what I seeing with this team. We need two good wing backs with skill who could defend well and be able to bring the ball at least past the half-line. And we need a mid-field trio who could win and control the ball in the mid for about 50% of the game. Right now that is non-existent.

1]; } ?>