March 28, 2024, 02:29:21 PM

Author Topic: 2009 French Open.  (Read 13717 times)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 French Open.
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25:21 PM »
6 - 4 Fed
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:34:25 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 12:31:26 PM »
Del Porto cracking up again.

Federer not looking solid at all, he have just enough to win.

Bitter you seeing the match or wah?

http://www.justin.tv/livesoccer_x_

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
Fed wins.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

http://www.justin.tv/livesoccer_x_

Oh ho

This match almost went down to the wire. At least he pull through.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »

The interwebs is the best!

I about to watch some cricket dey
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »
I have the site saved on my comp but I forget to check that oui. ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
Soderling vs. Federer in the final. I didn't realise how good a record Fed has on clay.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
Soderling vs. Federer in the final. I didn't realise how good a record Fed has on clay.

Yeah man. For the last four years he's been in the French Final. Just the king has beaten him in those. Other than Nadal Federer has dismantled everyone embarrassingly.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 02:30:57 PM »

Yeah man. For the last four years he's been in the French Final. Just the king has beaten him in those. Other than Nadal Federer has dismantled everyone embarrassingly.

I knew what he's managed at Roland Garros, it's what he's done in other clay court tournaments and his overall record on the surface that suprised me.

Safina still doesn't have a Grand Slam title losing 6-4, 6-2 to Kuznetsova. Men's final tomorrow.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2009, 05:27:49 AM »
federer has been magnificent on clay. if not solely for rafa nadal, federer would probably already have already won a few French titles and maybe considered the greatest clay court player of all time. he's definitely the best clay court player never to have won a french thus far.

hopefully that changes today. go roger!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
Federer looking focussed today.
I think Soderling is going down in straight sets.

giggsy11

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 07:49:20 AM »
Federer is mentally weak that is why I am not a fan! If Soderling finds a way tuh make him second guess him self watch him crumble. Blasted Soderling take out Nadal and this the sh!t he puttin down in the final. Tennis fans crazy yes! Federer's wife almost had the baby yes!

giggsy11

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:46 AM »
Must have been a Nadal fan!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2009, 08:05:57 AM »
Is 13 grand slams the man win, and you calling him mentally weak?
He seem to be plenty tough in the last few matches coming from behind.

giggsy11

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »

How many of those grand slams did he come from behind to win? Is the same reason Nadal reduced him to tears plus is one of the reasons he has not been able to beat Nadal when he has fallen behind. Front runner, you plant doubt in his head and he loses confidence! He is a great player for all he has accomplshed but not the greatest- Nadal was the only competition he has gotten over the past 7-10 years. Sampras would have demolished him!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »
Swiss teen Federer ends Sampras' Wimbledon run
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/2001/wimbledon/news/2001/07/02/wimbledon_monday_ap/

Sampras vs Federer on Wimbledon 2001:

Some stats about the historic match in the Round of 16. It was the only time they both met and since Sampras has retired, Federer holds a 1-0 lifetime head to head against him. Going into the match:

• Pete had never lost a 5-set match at Wimbledon before he lost to Federer 7-6, 5-7, 6-4, 6-7, 7- 5.
  • He had a streak of 31 straight wins at Wimbledon, tying him with Rod Laver.
  • Pete had won the seven of the last 8 Wimbledons going into the 2001 Wimby.
  • Pete was looking for his 100th win at Wimbledon when he met Federer. He got his 100th win at Wimbledon with his 3-set win over Martin Lee in R128 the next year. It was also his last win at Wimbledon.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2009, 10:15:04 AM »
the man did it today...i made my lil 2 yr old son sit and watch championship point with me.  netjets had a commercial ready and waiting oui, it was funny too.   next month he have a chance to make it 15 at his favorite tournament...wimbledon.  stay tuned.

Offline TriniWoman11

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2009, 10:45:22 AM »
"I freed thousands of slaves. I could have freed thousands more if they knew they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2009, 10:56:12 AM »

How many of those grand slams did he come from behind to win? Is the same reason Nadal reduced him to tears plus is one of the reasons he has not been able to beat Nadal when he has fallen behind. Front runner, you plant doubt in his head and he loses confidence! He is a great player for all he has accomplshed but not the greatest- Nadal was the only competition he has gotten over the past 7-10 years. Sampras would have demolished him!

I'm sorry but that's foolishness. Nadal is a great player who got the best of Federer. No one else has even come close to dominating Federer. 20 straight slam semis to prove it. Is it right to call someone a frontrunner because he's always in front - NO! He has been behind against some players and came back to win and it's only Nadal who has given him trouble. Look at this tournament and count the amount of times he came from behind.

Nadal beating Federer is not a confidence thing - Nadal's game has been and is better than Federer on clay. Nadal was in amazing form at the US and Wimbledon and both matches were tight. Don't mistake Federer's emotions for weakness. And don't be biased by the media bs.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »

so a man have to come from behind to win?  People does say the same thing about Tiger Woods: he never win a major he wasn't leading to start the last day.  

You making a circular argument: he win a lot of titles because he had no competition.   But the reason people does say he had no competition is that he didn't have any peers who win multiple titles.  This of course is because he was beating them going and coming etc etc etc.

Up until last season, only one man used to beat Federer and he could only do it on one surface.

talking about last season, it never had a tennis player so good that winning the US Open, making it to the finals of Wimbledon and the French and the semis of the Australian would be considered a down year.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »
Federer is mentally weak that is why I am not a fan! If Soderling finds a way tuh make him second guess him self watch him crumble. Blasted Soderling take out Nadal and this the sh!t he puttin down in the final. Tennis fans crazy yes! Federer's wife almost had the baby yes!

You may have some reasoning behind your statement but reason fans are so committed to seeing him complete the win is because he has played the game with such honour giving the sport the respect that everyone think it deserves. With that he is considered a great talent that many think they have never seen in their time, only Rod Laver or a guy called Pancho Gonsalves has dominated the sport the way he has. With that said Laver is still well behind him in consecutive finals. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:01:19 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

He had occasions where he's been tested and came out victorious to win championships. Such realised talent is hardly threatened when at it best. Everyone knows when Nadal back him on a wall he has rarely come through shining.Every top player has had a person or two that has been their bogey. Just that a particular style may not suite you. You can't discredit the performance because he was present when no one else was. The fact that he made the final says he was up to the challengers. If Nadal was unable to be there it was his loss.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:23:07 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »
PARIS (AP) -- Pete Sampras says Roger Federer already earned the title of best tennis player in history, even before winning the French Open.

Sampras tells The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Los Angeles that he's happy for Federer, who won his first championship at Roland Garros on Sunday. It's Federer's 14th Grand Slam singles title, tying Sampras' record.

Says Sampras: "I'm sure he's going to go on and win a lot more."

Sampras retired after winning the 2002 U.S. Open.

Says Sampras: "Now that he's won in Paris, I think it just more solidifies his place in history as the greatest player that played the game, in my opinion."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2009, 02:19:24 PM »
fed has de potential to win at least 20 gran slam titles.he became de 6th man to have won all 4 major events.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2009, 06:02:59 PM »
I wonder how much Fed does get paid to remember to put on the watch for the cameras before lifting the trophy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2009, 10:19:25 PM »
PARIS (AP) -- Pete Sampras says Roger Federer already earned the title of best tennis player in history, even before winning the French Open.

Sampras tells The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Los Angeles that he's happy for Federer, who won his first championship at Roland Garros on Sunday. It's Federer's 14th Grand Slam singles title, tying Sampras' record.

Says Sampras: "I'm sure he's going to go on and win a lot more."

Sampras retired after winning the 2002 U.S. Open.

Says Sampras: "Now that he's won in Paris, I think it just more solidifies his place in history as the greatest player that played the game, in my opinion."

Big on u Pete
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:51 AM »
Doesn't the fact that only the one player has dominated him (and that only recently) seal his place as one of if not the greatest? He's so good that no one else even gets a chance to get out in front, it is a mark of his ability. If what he's done is so easy then more people would be doing it and he'd be losing far more matches.

As for different generation time period that is and there will always be speculation as to who was better than who. Now that he's done Sampras is remembered as almost infallible, but there were times in his career where he was critisized for a variety of things and it was generally only at Wimbledon that he was considered unbeatable. Federer has been considered unbeatable on all surfaces, except when playing Nadal. You don't have to be a fan of the man to appreciate that he's a great in his own right.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »
What Roger Federer hasn't accomplished yet.  ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »
fed great and in time to come will become even greater.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2009, 05:27:45 PM »
Right.

Pressha off now.

Thunder between Federer and Nadal now!
Ketch footballitis

1]; } ?>