March 28, 2024, 05:59:46 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors to play a Tobago team in friendly.  (Read 11038 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Soca Warriors to play a Tobago team in friendly.
« on: May 22, 2009, 05:11:57 AM »
Soca Warriors vs Tobago at opening.
Tobago News.

Jack explained that the technical staff of the National team which is preparing for their all important CONCACAF Qualifier against Costa Rica at the Dwight Yorke Stadium on June 6, requested a friendly against a Tobago representative team on May 31, the date set for the launch of the season.

He added that his executive jumped at this golden opportunity for Tobago players to showcase their talent against the National team and to the technical staff.

They also believed that because the National team will be on show there will be a significant increase in the number of spectators which will augur well for their coffers.

However, while some of the foreign-based players should be in the squad that is expected to be in Tobago for a one-week camp prior to the CONCACAF Qualifier, Tobago News could not confirm if the Soca Warriors captain and most influential player, Tobago's and Trinidad and Tobago most celebrated player Dwight Yorke, will be in the line-up. Yorke is coming off a two-match ban for an act of ill-discipline during the World Cup Qualifier against Honduras.

The Tobago Representative team whose head coach is Bertille Baird with Terry Williams and James Campbell as his assistants have invited a number of Tobago players who are presently playing in the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Football League and bmobile League to represent Tobago in addition to a few from the Association's League.

Among the Pro League and Super league players invited are; Cyd Gray, Jeremie Wiliams, Kevorn Woodly - Petrotrin United; Handel Manswell, Dale Simon - East West Coaching School, Dwayne Jack (if not in National team line-up), Jamal Jack - Tobago United; Keon Warner, Denzil James, Trevin Caesar, Kino Proctor - Mau Pau, Leandro Williams, Kevin Keith, Andel Noray, Andel Bain - Phoenix, while Kerron and Warren Phillips, Dominique Mc Dougal, Kayode Legall are some of the Tobago-based players.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:13:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors to play a Tobago team in friendly.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:24:12 AM »
 ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:41:38 AM »
::)

U on  ::)>:( we not even playin WASA but a compilation team who eh know each other Loud Steups
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:30:01 AM »
guyana too busy or what?  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:36:21 AM »
guyana too busy or what?  :rotfl:

Yes dem was ok 2 pad Mats win rtio but not good enuff 4 Latas
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:41:19 AM »
Call Panama. I saw them against a local Argentina team and even scored against Argentina,

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:44:50 AM »
Call Panama. I saw them against a local Argentina team and even scored against Argentina,

We play dem b4 Honduras

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:11:49 AM »
A Tobago Representative team??? WTF? What sort of level it that??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 07:13:21 AM »
A Tobago Representative team??? WTF? What sort of level it that??

Doc/Freak your move

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 07:29:34 AM »
so call soca warriors vs tobago all stars = $0
preparation for the wc = clueless
against a world class team = will cost too much
costa rica vs venezuela friendly = priceless
costa rica vs sucker warriors = costa rica 3 points; worryers 0 points
latas ask 4 dis friendly = wow!!!!
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 07:39:57 AM »
Tobago News.

They also believed that because the National team will be on show there will be a significant increase in the number of spectators which will augur well for their coffers.

A 10 000 seat stadium will offer more spectators and more money...................... ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 07:45:29 AM »
Tobago News.

A 10 000 seat stadium will offer more spectators and more money...................... ;D

VB

So if u eh get ticket or cyah affordd 06/06 game go c d sw on 31/10

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »
Good going Latapy, this friendly will do wonders for us. I doubt Costa Rica would even waste their time scouting T&T.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 08:13:40 AM »
Good going Latapy, this friendly will do wonders for us. I doubt Costa Rica would even waste their time scouting T&T.

Oh gawwd.........you gone and let de cat out o' de bag.

You know ppl does macco this site  :)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 09:31:31 AM »
     Oh my gosh!! what is it you all want,don't blame Latas,he only doing what Mats and Anton could not do,he is salvaging all the crap the ones before him did,remember he is a magician,JW can't control him or tell him what to do,you all now realizing don't matter who you put there is the same shyt going to happen,Benie was an exception but nobody has any weight in T&T Football except JW,i waiting for someone to find a name for Latas,Mats was dumptist,Anton was cornmeal,come on i'm waiting.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
     Oh my gosh!! what is it you all want,don't blame Latas,he only doing what Mats and Anton could not do,he is salvaging all the crap the ones before him did,remember he is a magician,JW can't control him or tell him what to do,you all now realizing don't matter who you put there is the same shyt going to happen,Benie was an exception but nobody has any weight in T&T Football except JW,i waiting for someone to find a name for Latas,Mats was dumptist,Anton was cornmeal,come on i'm waiting.

All I will call him is naive 4 feelin dat tings to change under he watch

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »
Coops,

I partly agree with you, specifically in terms of the impression that if Latas were to fail to achieve "success" in a hurry, then he will instantly be crowned in classic vulgar self loathing fashion, the next royal shittong extraordinaire according to the we-are-authorized-to-decide-who-is-shittong crew that spend time anointing people oon the message board.

The only thing that somewhat surprised me for a while, was that that kind of hate has not deterred Latas. He is not driven by fear of failure but excitement of contribution as a true patriot. Quite impresive actually.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:30 AM »
Coops,

I partly agree with you, specifically in terms of the impression that if Latas were to fail to achieve "success" in a hurry, then he will instantly be crowned in classic vulgar self loathing fashion, the next royal shittong extraordinaire according to the we-are-authorized-to-decide-who-is-shittong crew that spend time anointing people oon the message board.

The only thing that somewhat surprised me for a while, was that that kind of hate has not deterred Latas. He is not driven by fear of failure but excitement of contribution as a true patriot. Quite impresive actually.

Agree Dreamer knowin what d TTFF gives he still take d wuk. Dat is a PATRIOTTTTTTTTTTT. So I guess he answer yes 2 will he return home.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »

Naive?  After all de rhetoric yuh had fuh oddahs?

Careful...some people might call yuh predjudiced... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

Naive?  After all de rhetoric yuh had fuh oddahs?

Careful...some people might call yuh predjudiced... 8)

In he worse state he cyah b worse than dumbtist. So I stickin wit naive. I predjudiced because anybody else I wouid say dotish because he agree 2 wuk 4 d TTFF. But dem fellas is real Patriotic as u must have heard Bish on Andre yday sounding like he best friend died when speakin bout d WI team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »
According to Lasana. We put we team in the hands of a magician....  :rotfl:

Next thing Latapy pull a rabbit out Yorke ass and we end up beating Costa Rica.

Allyuh, suppose de Tobago team beat we.... allyuh feel Latapy will make them play Costa Rica instead...

At least Maturana got Guyana and El Salvador to practice..... de magician get a surprise bag.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »
Coops,

So what's the difference between "Patriot" Latapy who took the wuk despite knowing is the TTFF he dealin with and driven by the "excitement of contribution"

And "Incompetent" Bertille St Clair who did the same thing?  What was he driven by?

How about "Chipmunk" Corneal?  He was driven by something else?

"Waste a space" Shabazz?

"Shithong" Hannibal Najjar?

"Foreign Shithong" Stuart Charles - Fevrier?

Peeps by de dozens callin fuh Terry "Trini" Fenwick to coach de team.  He driven by "Patriotism" too ah guess.

Or is a case of Latas bein a favourite son so he gets a bligh?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
Now tell me what team in Tobago could actually help prepare our national team for Costa Rica?  Shouldn’t they be playing one or two teams with the same type of style to help better prepare them?

Latas yuh know better.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:44:53 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Now tell me what team in Tobago could actually help prepare our national team for Costa Rica?  Shouldn’t they be playing one or two teams with the same type of style to help better prepare them?

Yes but can he do betta

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 11:43:09 AM »

Aye Latas have a lot of personal buddys on this site,guys who play with him,went to school with him,lime/party with him,guys who can talk to him personally,PM or give him a call nah,he does talk English so we eh have no problem,tell him who to select and what teams to play,it have real Coaches on here with the answers to all our problems.I think he follows this website a lot of good information is posted on here. 

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 12:08:31 PM »

Aye Latas have a lot of personal buddys on this site,guys who play with him,went to school with him,lime/party with him,guys who can talk to him personally,PM or give him a call nah,he does talk English so we eh have no problem,tell him who to select and what teams to play,it have real Coaches on here with the answers to all our problems.I think he follows this website a lot of good information is posted on here. 

Coops that is what people does do on public forums.  Give suggestions. If Latas need to come on to this forum to get answers, then he not ready.  Everybody have their rights to an opinion, don't you think Cooper?
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
A tobago team made up of players who want the coach to get another look at them ...hmmnnn
Now that may sound like a good plan to some but surely we kyah be still scouting ??? Latas eh pick he team yet ?
Wha wrong wid jack dis time ? he looking to pad Latas win/lose record already ? Like he know something we eh know or what ?
Dat game could be played ..I eh have nothing wid dat ..but it come just like de sweat in de stadium among de squad this past week ..it eh nothing to make big announcement bout !

So we sharpening we squad ..dais if over 30's could sharpen ...wid some tobagonian /trinidadian rejects and others including some more over 30's from Tobago now .
Ah tell allyuh already football is for young people ...after yuh build ah side of over 30's is really only ah weaker over 30 side yuh could play .
The recovery time for older players is far greater than for younger players ..so dais why we playing Tobago over 30's now I guess ..we doh have to expend much energy cause dey same age as we and we go rest before de next game ...
I tell allyuh this is bout round 29 for me and it looking just like round one !
It eh have nothing new under dis sun ..whether it rise or eh rise ! is Jackway  or de highway !

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 12:57:44 PM »
Allyuh, suppose de Tobago team beat we....
:o
Well Doc, Brownsugar and Freak will be happy like Pappy ;D
den people go be saying "Tobago goin SA2010" :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :devil:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:03:41 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
Dis game remind meh of when ah tink we did play a Tobago XI at a camp in Tobago a couple days before we did play a WCQ on Ash Wednesday.

Dat time Bertille was de coach.

Ah tink Devon Leacock did play fuh T&T in dat game

Ah tink a nex Tobago balla did play fuh T&T in dat game too.  Tink he did go Australia to play ball and if ah not mistaken, end up deadin about a couple years ago.  Cyah remember he name.

Nuff controversy because a dem ting.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
yeah well it's clear that perspectives differ greatly on this topic. for instance, what I see is that the coach is taking this opportunity to give his selections a chance to play as a team for the first ?? time. remember right now they are training and partners are changing as they play games during the training session-so he could learn the best combinations/ chemistry etc.
what is wrong with that? what is wrong with a team playing a team they know they should beat, and then actually beating them to gain confidence? yes Mats got to play big teams, but this will be like an exhibition game with the TT warriors going all out to prove something- yes, to prove that they are ready !!!
come on let's give them a chance, nah... ;D

1]; } ?>