April 28, 2024, 04:09:40 PM

Author Topic: Baptiste eyes Connection as next victim  (Read 805 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baptiste eyes Connection as next victim
« on: May 22, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »
Baptiste eyes Connection as next victim
By Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

Joe Public star player Kerry Baptiste has scored in every match thus far this season and is confident of continuing his goalscoring form when his team clashes with W Connection this weekend.

He scored a double against Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille in a 3-2 victory, one goal in his team’s 3-3 draw with Defence Force and a double against FC South End taking his tally to 5 goals in three matches making him the most prolific attacker thus far.

“It’s going to be a tough match (against W Connection),” said Baptiste, a former League Championship winner with former club San Juan Jabloteh.

"But I’m actually going to build on my confidence from earlier performances this season and will give a good account on Saturday.”

Joe Public will host the southerners from 4pm on Saturday at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Round One Match Day Four of the 2009 Digicel ProLeague.

Joe Public are currently second on the standings with 7 points—two points behind leaders San Juan Jabloteh.

“We’re not playing bad,” said the 27year old attacker. “But as coach Derek King explained at a session this week, we have some pieces to fix and unless we fix them, we could face some problems.”

Baptiste pointed out young players Micah Lewis, Kareem Young, Chad De Freitas and Kareem Jochim as the future of the club. He also prasied the performances of teammate Carlyle Mitchell adding that the defender should be given the chance at National level.

Baptiste has two major aspirations this season as he explained further, “I am a team player and winning the League Championship with Joe Public on the top of my list for my club. Another thing to achieve this year is to help my country qualify for the 2010 World Cup.”

Baptiste has returned to the T&T National setup under new coach and former player Russell Latapy. He is expected to travel to Tobago with the setup in preparations for their World Cup qualifier on June 6 against Costa Rica at the Dwight Yorke Stadium.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Baptiste eyes Connection as next victim
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »
well done Kerry

ah hear is striker he playing at JP ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
Kerry, ah backing yuh all de way as one of the speediest right sided wingers in T&T and capable of the juiciest pinpoint crosses that I've seen a socawarrior produce and not easy wit de goal scoring in de league. Always 1st or 2nd in de table. A must for SAA 2010 if we reach.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
yea big mag .............tinto on the left  highly on the right...............gueverra and baptiste on top
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>