April 28, 2024, 07:16:51 AM

Author Topic: Uefa charges Drogba and Bosingwa  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Uefa charges Drogba and Bosingwa
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »
Uefa charges Drogba and Bosingwa

Uefa has charged Chelsea players Didier Drogba and Jose Bosingwa for insulting the referee after their Champions League exit at the hands of Barcelona.

Uefa has also initiated disciplinary proceedings against Chelsea for the improper conduct of their players and the throwing of missiles by their fans. 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Uefa charges Drogba and Bosingwa
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:08:34 AM »
Stevie Wonder saw dis 1 comin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »
so who is going to charge UEFA for putting that shit ref in charge of the game?

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »

Dey lucky dey not American... otherwise Congress...  :devil:
But the European Union have better things to do, so UEFA get-way scotch free.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
I surprise Ballack name eh get call. Den again UEFA must be figure he would face disciplinary action from the club itself.......for ducking  :devil:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
Eufa and dem eh have no judge to judge dem ...Chelsea was robbed ..in front millions of people . I eh no Chelsea fan but the organisation who introduced fairplay must examine what can be done to prevent this from ever occuring.
Everybody see Drogba do he ting ... so he must be punished but it didn't have de effect as what de referee did ...but say what everybody, except Chelsea and its fans, and the two most popular teams reach de final ...so all's well that ends well right ?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
These charges are a fackting disgrace  :devil:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:17:52 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
These charges are a fackting disgrace  :devil:

a Fwaking disgwayce...lol

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »

get out of jail free card, "part of the game"

plus that does not justify the players reactions, otherwise i should be allowed to shoot every perpetrator of a bad drive i get and tell the police it was a f**king disgrace they way he was driving

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 06:49:43 PM »
Eufa and dem eh have no judge to judge dem ...Chelsea was robbed ..in front millions of people . I eh no Chelsea fan but the organisation who introduced fairplay must examine what can be done to prevent this from ever occuring.
Everybody see Drogba do he ting ... so he must be punished but it didn't have de effect as what de referee did ...but say what everybody, except Chelsea and its fans, and the two most popular teams reach de final ...so all's well that ends well right ?

Yes, Chelsea had multiple bad calls go against them.

But Barcelona had to play the final half hour of the game with only 10 men thanks to Abidal's bogus red card. A lot of people seem to forget that.

It went both ways.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »

But Barcelona had to play the final half hour of the game with only 10 men thanks to Abidal's bogus red card. A lot of people seem to forget that.

It went both ways.

Amnesia
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »
efffed up calls happen on so much ah damn times every midweek weekend or wenever football matches played..wats new..jeez...still doh warrant da kinda behaviour...because u feel undone by somtin u hadda react in dat kinda way?..wa kinda message dat sendin? steups...hit 'em heavy uefa

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:01 AM »
beaten semi-finalist bacahnalll
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea's Drogba and Bosingwa banned by UEFA
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
Chelsea's Drogba and Bosingwa banned by UEFA

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has been banned for six Champions League matches, two of them deferred, for his improper behaviour in last season’s semi-final against Barcelona, UEFA said on Wednesday.

His team mate Jose Bosingwa was also suspended for four UEFA matches for his comments after the second leg at Stamford Bridge which ended in a 1-1 draw to send Barca through on away goals.

The final match of Bosingwa’s ban was deferred also for a probationary period of two years.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea's Drogba and Bosingwa banned by UEFA
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »
wdmc!

this is a f**king disgrace!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea's Drogba and Bosingwa banned by UEFA
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »
level f**kry!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 10:52:34 AM »

It went both ways.

:applause:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »
Ban dem.  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
I guess it' okay to call people N*@@*r and toss bananas and make monkey chants, but to tell a ref he is a cheat is the worst thing that could happen in football.

What an organization.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:16:55 AM »
I guess it' okay to call people N*@@*r and toss bananas and make monkey chants, but to tell a ref he is a cheat is the worst thing that could happen in football.

What an organization.

It's just that the referee demands a level of respect as he is the authority figure on the field.

If two fellas fight or quarrell in school, that's one thing. But a student cussing a teacher or principal, well of course the punishment will be much greater.

So of course Drogba's sentence was harsh. Look at his behaviour after the match.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 11:23:20 AM »

What an organization.

It's just that the referee demands a level of respect as he is the authority figure on the field.

If two fellas fight or quarrell in school, that's one thing. But a student cussing a teacher or principal, well of course the punishment will be much greater.

So of course Drogba's sentence was harsh. Look at his behaviour after the match.

So you are saying that respect towards an individual position, far out weighs people actions toward an entire ethnic group?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

What an organization.

So you are saying that respect towards an individual position, far out weighs people actions toward an entire ethnic group?

I am saying you need to take the context into consideration. You're just being melodramatic because you're a Chelsea man.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »
this is pure bullshit...but a hard luck none the less..

unfortunatley for the rest of de teams.. This is the kinda thinng that will get a man like Drogbar all fired up and start to buss some serious net when he returns   :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »
again.... so what are the charges for the referee Tom Ovrebo?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 12:01:32 PM »
again.... so what are the charges for the referee Tom Ovrebo?

They probably charge him with ever refering in Stamford Bridge again...
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

What an organization.

I am saying you need to take the context into consideration. You're just being melodramatic because you're a Chelsea man.

If you say so.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
Chelsea tell UEFA they'll appeal Euro bans

Chelsea have told UEFA they intend to lodge an appeal against the lengthy European bans handed out to striker Didier Drogba and defender Jose Bosingwa

read on
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 07:52:18 PM »
Talking about putting things into perspective...
Yes I am a Chelsea fan, but I am considered a very fair person... When a ref makes a bad call against my team,or the opposing team, I tell him.. ref you made a mistake on that one.... (Unless the team is a real nasty team, that just trying to mash up players on my team)...
That being said...
If Chelsea drew their 1st game at home 0-0, and the 2nd game was at the Nou Camp, and the ref sent off Abidal for a phantom foul and Chelsea scored after that,Barcelona fans would have reacted exactly the same way and I am sure some of the players would have too... In the heat of the game and knowing what is at stake, I would understand and agree with the Barca fans, or any team for that matter... I hate Manu, but if it had happened to them, fair is fair and I would understand if they reacted that way....
Yes the ref sent of a Barca player unjustly, but it did not affect the outcome of the game.By not giving 1 of the 4 penalties. It potentially affected the outcome.So you are comparing zabico to mango julie...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 01:17:13 PM »
Drogba and Bosingwa bans reduced

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8152833.stm

Chelsea pair Didier Drogba and Jose Bosewinga have had their European bans reduced by one match by Uefa.

Striker Drogba was suspended for "offensive comments" made when reacting to his side's Champions League semi-final defeat by Barcelona in May.

However, Drogba, 31, successfully pleaded his case in person alongside team-mate Bosingwa, 26, who had his ban reduced from three matches to two.

A suspended ban for another two games is still in place for Drogba.

Bosingwa, who was suspended for offensive comments about Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo, also has a one-match suspended ban.

606: DEBATE
Fair enough. Team and players have now been punished. There remains one question - what happens to the referee?

NanaEssien

The suspended bans will be deferred for a probationary period of three years.

Uefa confirmed Chelsea will be fined £86,000 for the club's failings in the incident.

"The 100,000 euros fine imposed against Chelsea by the Uefa control and disciplinary body remains confirmed (as the club withdrew their appeal), for the improper conduct of their players and the throwing of missiles by their supporters at the match against Barcelona," said a Uefa statement.

"We're happy with the outcome and we've had a fair hearing," said Chelsea lawyer Jim Sturman.

Referee Ovrebo, who also appeared at the hearings, denied several penalty appeals in the match at Stamford Bridge.

And the referee said the post-match incidents were "regrettable and occurred only because of the high emotions and frustrations which arose from the disappointment of a controversial defeat in such an important game."

Ivory Coast forward Drogba, who has also been fined £15,000 by Uefa, will now miss the first three of Chelsea's Champions League games this season while Bosingwa, who was fined £10,000, will miss the first two.

1]; } ?>