April 23, 2024, 04:35:34 PM

Author Topic: Tobagonians get 2,000 tickets for June 6 match  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobagonians get 2,000 tickets for June 6 match
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:51:08 AM »
Tobagonians get 2,000 tickets for June 6 match
By Karl E. Cupid (T&T Newsday)

AN ALLOTMENT of 2,000 tickets specifically reserved for Tobagonians for the Soca Warriors World Cup qualifier clash against Coasta Rica at the Dwight Yorke stadium, Bacolet, Tobago on June 6 - goes on sale 8 am on Monday in Tobago through a hotline service 635-BALL (2255).

This was revealed by John Arnold, a member of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) in Tobago, during a press briefing at the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) Administrative Complex at Calder Hall, in Scarborough, on Thursday.

Also present were Theophilus Trim, Director of Sport at the THA, and Harvey Jack, president of the Tobago Football Association (TFA), both members of the LOC (Tobago).

Arnold explained that five attendants will man the hotline service with sales closing at 4 pm. Each person will be limited to two tickets, and persons booking tickets will be required to provide information on address, Identification Card or Driver’s Permit number.

Tickets will be distributed on a strictly cash basis (no ATM, LINX, Credit Card woud be accepted) on Wednesday (May 27) once the information given by phone is authenticated, in terms of address in Tobago and correct ID or DP number.

Tickets are priced at $400 for covered stands and $200, uncovered; and, of the 2,000 tickets, 500 would be available for the covered stands, while the remaining 1,500 are for uncovered stands.

It was also announced that there is a distinct possibility of additional bleachers seating 2,000 persons being installed for the match which will feature Tobago-born national team captain Dwight Yorke in his first appearance in an international game at the stadium which bears his name, and what many believe would be his last before a home crowd. “We have spoken to the Fire Service and they have assured it is safe to add 2,000 seats”, Trim reported. He added that they had also consulted with the TT Football Federation (TTFF) and were advised it would be no problem.

Trim, however, stressed that the additional seating accomodation must pass “engineering scrutiny”, and bleachers of the correct quality and strength have been located in Trinidad.

Meanwhile, Jack disclosed that tickets would be distributed today from 9 am at the Dwight Yorke stadium to those persons who were successful in buying tickets online for the match. Trim stressed this would be from the 5,500 tickets that were made available online, and is not to be confused with the 2,000 specially set aside for Tobagonians which go on sale from Monday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobagonians get 2,000 tickets for June 6 match
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »
“We have spoken to the Fire Service and they have assured it is safe to add 2,000 seats”, Trim reported. He added that they had also consulted with the TT Football Federation (TTFF) and were advised it would be no problem.

Trim, however, stressed that the additional seating accomodation must pass “engineering scrutiny”, and bleachers of the correct quality and strength have been located in Trinidad.

Why it is I just doh trust this part?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:29:18 PM »
all tobagonians have to do is get the ticket and sell it to a trinidadian for a higher price. ;D  business works

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
So 5500 tickets were available online + 2000 allocated for tobagonians = 7500 (Stadium full)

They want to add 2000 more so we have 9500.. I guessing these additional seats going below the scoreboard on the northern side of the ground...Shoulda always have seats there to begin with

Costa Rica had no ticket allocation?.. I don't know how it works just wondering if the hosting team has to set aside a certain allocation for the visiting team or is a see fuh yuhself as in their fans buy their own tickets online  or they have their own version of a Simpaul travel agency offering package deals... Just asking for my edification.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »
Extra bleacher seating eh?

Ah hope dey doh contract de same people who build de stage dat collapse at dis year's Tobago Panorama Finals at de same Dwight Yorke Stadium dat cause dat Panorama Finals to be cancelled after de 1st band start to play.  Dey was very lucky nobody was seriously injured or dead dat night.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »
So 5500 tickets were available online + 2000 allocated for tobagonians = 7500 (Stadium full)

They want to add 2000 more so we have 9500.. I guessing these additional seats going below the scoreboard on the northern side of the ground...Shoulda always have seats there to begin with

Costa Rica had no ticket allocation?.. I don't know how it works just wondering if the hosting team has to set aside a certain allocation for the visiting team or is a see fuh yuhself as in their fans buy their own tickets online  or they have their own version of a Simpaul travel agency offering package deals... Just asking for my edification.

I always thought all the stadiums built in 2001 could hold 10,000 people....I was surprised when it was announced 2 months ago that DYS could only hold 7,500...I wonder what's the capacity of the other 3??...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 05:55:03 PM »
Extra bleacher seating eh?

Ah hope dey doh contract de same people who build de stage dat collapse at dis year's Tobago Panorama Finals at de same Dwight Yorke Stadium dat cause dat Panorama Finals to be cancelled after de 1st band start to play.  Dey was very lucky nobody was seriously injured or dead dat night.

Thanks Palos we go have 2 check d contractor
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
I sure is the bleachers that he build up in the MLS he shipping across.

They ent bad atall.

I watch two games on them Ja and Bermuda.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »
I sure is the bleachers that he build up in the MLS he shipping across.

They ent bad atall.

I watch two games on them Ja and Bermuda.

Of course is dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »
i think they set aside 500 tickets for the CR fans.. i think i read that somewhere....

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »
well like this 635 ball number is ah joke cause no one answering the phone. like ah not supposed to see this game yes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »
well like this 635 ball number is ah joke cause no one answering the phone. like ah not supposed to see this game yes

Peeps get through yuh redial finger go need therapy after.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
d phone jus ringing
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »
ah now get through yes

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57:52 AM »

I always thought all the stadiums built in 2001 could hold 10,000 people....I was surprised when it was announced 2 months ago that DYS could only hold 7,500...I wonder what's the capacity of the other 3??...

larry gomes holds 10,000 the rest 7500. because the larry gomes seats go right around , PLUS Arima Run things  ;D  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »

It doh make sense to build a stadium holdin 10,000 people when it cyah fill half dat amount on any kinda consistent basis.

Den again....ah now read back meh post..."It doh make sense".  What de hell was I thinking?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »

It doh make sense to build a stadium holdin 10,000 people when it cyah fill half dat amount on any kinda consistent basis.

Den again....ah now read back meh post..."It doh make sense".  What de hell was I thinking?  ::)

U were not tinkin.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
The 635-BALL worked well. it only took me 2 hrs to get through the first time...... After that we got through 3 more times Got tickets for me, my co-worker and my boss. They even had uncovered section tickets till almost 2pm.
No one should really complain...... but then again it TnT so I can't expect anything else.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »
no one can complain  about..............?

. dont know what u refering to, but i called that place llike 50 times and i not  exaggerating. on the 5 occassions i did not get a busy signal, the phone rang rang rang and rang no answer. if thats d norm, well excuse mi

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 07:35:28 PM »
no one can complain  about..............?

. dont know what u refering to, but i called that place llike 50 times and i not  exaggerating. on the 5 occassions i did not get a busy signal, the phone rang rang rang and rang no answer. if thats d norm, well excuse mi
Have you ever called 800-FANS?????

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
nope. mi statment "if thats d norm excuse mi" hints at that fact, but ah reserve ah ticket even though it aint uncovered. so say wah

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »
nope. mi statment "if thats d norm excuse mi" hints at that fact, but ah reserve ah ticket even though it aint uncovered. so say wah
OK ah hope you have a 'bago address to pick up that ticket.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
OK ah hope you have a 'bago address to pick up that ticket.....

U just pretendin dat u eh know Freak from bago. Ok we know everybody eh know everybody d place eh dat small.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 08:22:52 AM »
OK just got my tickets....the pick up process took less than 2 mins. Walked in walked up to the counter the tickets were sectioned off by No. Went to my attendant and gave my information...Ticket. No stress.

The only problem is that peeps in Bago ent get pay yet so we had to borrow the money......I for one getting pay tomorrow.
Is a good ting ah had back up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
I for one getting pay tomorrow.
Yuh see how yuh lookin tuh get rob  ;D.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »

Nah d Trinis eh reachin till d 05/06 and beyond he eh go get rob.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »

Nah d Trinis eh reachin till d 05/06 and beyond he eh go get rob.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: all the way to the bank

1]; } ?>