April 29, 2024, 12:15:37 AM

Author Topic: Corner kicks.  (Read 2846 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Corner kicks.
« on: May 25, 2009, 05:20:48 PM »
I was looking at some play-off matches and instead of dumping the ball in the crowed box when taking a corner it was played back at an angle about 15 or 20 metres to someone to take a shot at goal,which almost came off.Could TT not use this ploy with Birchill doing the shooting,we his ability from outside,Spann is also capable of shooting from outside the box.I suppose you can do it as a surprise maybe early in the match or late when its a surprise element.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Corner kicks.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
Hear wha....suggestions like dis.....pm flex and tallman..and let him get it on to latas nah.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »
Hear wha....suggestions like dis.....pm flex and tallman..and let him get it on to latas nah.

4get d middle men go straight to Latas
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »

Aight...give him latas user name nah.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »

Aight...give him latas user name nah.

Betta than dat I go give him he cell number.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
Bruce Arena prob. aready have him lineup fuh dat role.
From de training pics,it look like he was driving from outside.
We know he could fix it,come on Birchie drive it.   ;D
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 06:44:38 AM »
And allyuh funny too.Cut de bull and gimme some contact numbers nah. :)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 06:51:45 AM »
AWRITE MATES,YALL LAUGH NOW BUT IF TT SCORE A GOAL LIKE THAT I'll be larfing my bloody head off. 8)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 11:20:41 AM »
I talk to Latas the other day (someday I see him coming out of TTFF or Concacaf to take a smoke) and I tell him bout my suggestion to jst have a day on set pieces cause with Dog, Lawrence, Stern, Dwight and Kenwyne, we should be killing sides once the ball get in the box...plus we always conceding to set pieces so it helps both the defence and offense.

He shake he head affirmatively and say "True, true".

But u know how it is,he's a nice fella to his fans so he probably just didn;t want to cuss me and say "But what d ass wrong with you, i in this game 30+ years and u coming to give me advice? U ever see ManU doing that whole day or what? Real pros doh waste time with that nonsense...steups, let me smoke in piece nah man!"

But at the same token, he is a man of the ppl so u never know, maybe we'll trying some set piece tactics and variations at some point before the game...including maybe the one suggested at the beginning of this thread.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
Ah love that 'spideybuff ',but yuh know what I dont really see us try to be innovative enough on set pieces.I AM HAPPY THAT WE DONT HAVE TO DEPEND ON SET PIECES FOR GOAL BUT WE NEED TO START LOOKING AT THAT A LITTLE MORE.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 02:32:39 PM »
dumping the ball in the crowed box  It might look like that but all good teams have many types of corners up their sleeves.  Scouting and film will suggest which ones to use during a game vs a D with specific tendencies.  But what if the D come out and give you a different look?  Coaches have to be flexible.  The Dumping as you call it is designed to get the ball into the Prime Target Area and the Black Hole where the odds of scoring are the highest based on extensive research and stats.  Remember a lot of these goals come off of deflections and multiple attempts.  It's not always direct contact with the ball.  Defensive confusion causes lots of goals.  There is not a lot of confusion when corners are directed to the top or outside of the box.  A good defense should handle those more easily.  Everything is happening right in front of them. Defenders doh have to worry dat de ball going over dey head and landing within striking range of an opponent.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
Nice explanation Savannah boy,I was more than aware of what you have said but I couldn't articulate as well as you did.You have obviously studied the game well enough but I feel sometimes we could use a different ploy with corners,I'm sure we could surprise some people,its worth a try...sometimes.The reason I mentioned it is bcoz I saw it in a match the other night,some blokes had a laugh when I posted the comment.A few years ago Tottenham did quite a lot and got goals with Sheringham hitting them like free kicks.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
Dread..doh feel i post dat to belittle yuh or nuttin eh. I agree we doh exploit set pieces enough...jus hit and hope. Wha i mean is...someting like dis....dat could seriously be useful.....best we doh post it...unless we sure it could get to the correct channels exclusively.

Fact is....ball does jus get hit in de general area of de 6 yard box....cuz....anyting could happen dey. No serious attempt does really be made to target somebody...nuttin. Free kicks and all...dey does jus float it across....is only cuz keon daniel does be making an attempt to hit de target like dat become a consideration. Even if de defense clear it....somebody should be able to hit a bullet from outside. Throws and all...like wha delap does do for stoke...all dem ting is considerations. Buh....we doh use dem.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 05:42:04 PM »
Bourbon,I am not bothered about a little piss-take, as a Trini you expect to give a little and take a little,the thing is I've seen THE CORNER USED AS FREE KICKS THAT IS WHY i STARTED THE THREAD.I am pleased I started the thread coz you and Savannahboy have given me a better insight about corners,you mentioned De lap,I also thought about him and the long throws,I think Lawrence can throw quite as long as delap,anyway I appreciate the sensible comments from both of you blokes.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
De ting bout delap throws is....dat it low and hard. And yuh cyar be offside for a throw. It does take rel practice to do without de throws looping and ting......buh...is an avenue.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
Whatever our boys do lets hope it ends with 3 points for us.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »
I'm not against dat strategy Frico if as you put it...is for de sake of variety.  Yuh never know in dis game.  What I know for sure is dat as player and coach yuh doh ever want to walk off de pitch saying...what if we tried dis and dat.  Leave it all out on the field.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 07:10:03 AM »
Whatever our boys do lets hope it ends with 3 points for us.

Cosign x 100

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mnxhlm3hEmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Mnxhlm3hEmc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxUFomfJM14" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YxUFomfJM14</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
Yo dem is 2 rell shitty corners in troot  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>