April 18, 2024, 05:38:52 PM

Author Topic: Hope USA win. - USA vs Costa Rica.  (Read 29132 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs Costa Rica...wed 9:00 on espn2
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »
Deserved win for CR... USA didnt show up... early 2 goals proved that... pitch was fast and exhausting(hopefully CR get a lil bun in this game)

#9 the 1st goal scorer is their danger man.... their wingplay is quick as well

allyuh acting like they are Spain... relax..they are home..they are hostile..they are quick ...they use an artificial pitch to their advantage.. USA has a terrible record there..USA had some key defensive injuries...USA had a poor game

They will be nowhere that quick and good on Saturday... we have to be loud and hostile and once our boys up for it  they cannot beat us

we have to attack them so they do not attack us...

In Latas we Trust

that is it attack them so they dont attack us,some of alluh acting like is we going to Costa Rica & play,let them come Tobago & deal with the MAGIC

While in Tobago the MAGIC gets stronger and becomes OBEAH!

That is Shadow's home town after all!   :mackdaddy:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hope USA win. - USA vs Costa Rica.
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
Howard was absolutely horrendous (guess he still pinning from Lampard strike).

Nonsense.

The defenders were at fault for those goals. Not Howard.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »

Nonsense.

2nd goal he went with h is bottom hand, top; hand and he tips it onto the bar or out. On each goal he was caught with bad positioning. He is part of the defense and need to do his part. He was out of it whether you want to admit it or not.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »

Nonsense.

2nd goal he went with h is bottom hand, top; hand and he tips it onto the bar or out. On each goal he was caught with bad positioning. He is part of the defense and need to do his part. He was out of it whether you want to admit it or not.

I agree with Zeppo....I don't believe except for maybe the first goal which I believe he "may' have been a tad too far off his line, the other 2 goals he had no chance dude...come on...give jack he jacket and him he jimboots, Howard's defense let him down badly....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »
Howard may be the cause of all 3 goal because of bad positioning and some sloppy keeping, but that does not deny the fact that they were outplayed. CR deserve their victory.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »
was expecting that from costa rica, however they not winning in tobago, tt must think of playing in mexico, this qualfying as i said from the beginning wont be easy but we going through, our team is better than before, that last US match was a throw away

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

If all the games were between now and before the EPL start, I would say we would have a chance of qualifying. We would have all the guys together. But when the English guys go back is back to the old grind. Who coming back, who injured!!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA.WE BEATING COSTA RICA.WE BEATING COSTA RICA.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:29:29 PM by Peter »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2009, 03:51:22 PM »
what will it take to get a FOOTBALL ONLY STADIUM like that Costa Rica have in trinidad. Something like Jack Warners M.L.stadium but grass and more capacity.  That get the fans great views and spirit into the game while intimidated the visiting team. t and t needs that right now and the future.  them athletic tracks are kill joys and keep the spectator view too far away from the pitch action.  
Costa Rica stadium is not football only. They does use it just like Hasely Crawford.

Astro-turf is shit and it is the Antichrist of football!

It's not astroturf.

Correct. Astroturf is a whole other beast with a completely different bounce - and you definitely wouldn't see any sane person making slide tackles. What they were playing on is a hybrid most likely, or probably just straight up synthetic grass ... don't know why ESPN commentators were making such a fuss. When the Eagles stadium opened, AC Milan, Celtic and Manchester United were amongst the first teams to use it - and their review and approval was through the roof.

US got outclassed, and it's just a convenient excuse.... nobody says anything when they're playing on a field demarked with American Football lines - of course that is totally acceptable.

"astro-turf" being the generic term for whatever it is.  It isn't GRASS, growing out of soil, and it's shit, no matter what they call it, hybrid, faux grass, whatever.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »
what will it take to get a FOOTBALL ONLY STADIUM like that Costa Rica have in trinidad. Something like Jack Warners M.L.stadium but grass and more capacity.  That get the fans great views and spirit into the game while intimidated the visiting team. t and t needs that right now and the future.  them athletic tracks are kill joys and keep the spectator view too far away from the pitch action.  
Costa Rica stadium is not football only. They does use it just like Hasely Crawford.

Astro-turf is shit and it is the Antichrist of football!

It's not astroturf.

Correct. Astroturf is a whole other beast with a completely different bounce - and you definitely wouldn't see any sane person making slide tackles. What they were playing on is a hybrid most likely, or probably just straight up synthetic grass ... don't know why ESPN commentators were making such a fuss. When the Eagles stadium opened, AC Milan, Celtic and Manchester United were amongst the first teams to use it - and their review and approval was through the roof.

US got outclassed, and it's just a convenient excuse.... nobody says anything when they're playing on a field demarked with American Football lines - of course that is totally acceptable.

"astro-turf" being the generic term for whatever it is.  It isn't GRASS, growing out of soil, and it's shit, no matter what they call it, hybrid, faux grass, whatever.
Estadio Ricardo Saprissa Aymá is a 1Star rated FieldTurf field

FIFA ratings here
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Costa Rica 3-1 over USA... bess result
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2009, 04:09:04 PM »
This is good news for T&T bcuz Costa Rica sitting comfortable on top the group now and they go jess back when they come.... Stadium Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1 T&T to win

Wha allyuh think bout costa rica win over USA.. Good for we????

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »
after seein CR dismantle usa defense i will say concacaf have a new powerhouse.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »
I'm reading some of these views and comments and wonder why the standard of the WC finals has dropped,today teams are depending on the politics in the game to qualify,FIFA has designed these different zones/groups or how ever they want to call them and you find a lot of low quality teams qualifying for WC,imagine teams making one or two points and they in a WC finals.

Why are we hoping this one beat that one etc or the usual what uncle JW can do and not we beat everybody and go to the WC finals as a team worthy of being there,it seems to me like we are satisfied with just going to a WC finals,all the WC finals we have been too so far we got blown away because we try to do just enough to get there,we have not worked out the formula for afterwards.

Don't worry about the US/Mexico and them,we have to worry about ourselves,all those teams know how much points it going to take to get them to qualify and they already know where those points coming from,if they loose a game they are not as worried as us.I don't understand why T&T does not have confidence in themselves,we suppose to be one of the feared teams in this region after just playing in the last WC,we got players with WC experience.      

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »

Dais de ting Capo, CR always been very good, but their consistency has been less than that of Mex and the US, let's see how they continue to do, hope we can get it together this weekend, forward warriors  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »

Dais de ting Capo, CR always been very good, but their consistency has been less than that of Mex and the US, let's see how they continue to do, hope we can get it together this weekend, forward warriors  :beermug:

I was just reading yesterday (before the game) that the US had never earned a single point in 6 games in that particular stadium.  7 games now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andrea_canales/06/01/costa-rica/index.html 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »

Nonsense.

I agree with Zeppo....I don't believe except for maybe the first goal which I believe he "may' have been a tad too far off his line, the other 2 goals he had no chance dude...come on...give jack he jacket and him he jimboots, Howard's defense let him down badly....

I am not saying he is the CAUSE of the goal, but he had bad positioning on alll the goals and even on some other simple plays. You have to be able to depend on your GK to keep you in the game, and he fell flat. That's all I am saying.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2009, 09:58:34 PM »
I'm reading some of these views and comments and wonder why the standard of the WC finals has dropped,today teams are depending on the politics in the game to qualify,FIFA has designed these different zones/groups or how ever they want to call them and you find a lot of low quality teams qualifying for WC,imagine teams making one or two points and they in a WC finals.

Why are we hoping this one beat that one etc or the usual what uncle JW can do and not we beat everybody and go to the WC finals as a team worthy of being there,it seems to me like we are satisfied with just going to a WC finals,all the WC finals we have been too so far we got blown away because we try to do just enough to get there,we have not worked out the formula for afterwards.

Don't worry about the US/Mexico and them,we have to worry about ourselves,all those teams know how much points it going to take to get them to qualify and they already know where those points coming from,if they loose a game they are not as worried as us.I don't understand why T&T does not have confidence in themselves,we suppose to be one of the feared teams in this region after just playing in the last WC,we got players with WC experience.      

In your time...when you played for T&T....how many times did your T&T team beat Mexico?  Or USA?  Or Costa Rica?  Or Honduras?  Or even El Salvador?

How about we make it easier and ask how much times allyuh even beat Haiti?  Or Suriname?  U carryin on like if in your time T&T was some kinda powerhouse team.  Because we play in a WC we supposed to be a feared team?  Well at least we make a WC.  T&T when u was playin fuh T&T ever make a Hex even?

Lawd man Coop's.  Is almost like nutting dese fellas do go be good enough fuh allyuh.

Yuh tink Hull wasn't hopin dat Newcastle lorse to Aston Villa so dat dey coulda stay in de EPL? 

Yuh tink Argentina wasn't hopin dat Nigeria beat Englabnd so dat dey Argentina could go through to de second rounds of WC 2002 instead of England?  Argentina is not a "feared team"?  Dese kinda tings does happen all de time.

Come man Coop's...you better dan dat.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »
Things are not looking good for T&T.  My Crystal ball shows a bleak day tomorrow - be prepared. :(

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:39 AM »
Things are not looking good for T&T.  My Crystal ball shows a bleak day tomorrow - be prepared. :(

go so wid dem negative vibes nah padnah. as ppl say.... is 11 vs 11. any number cud play!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »

go so wid dem negative vibes nah padnah. as ppl say.... is 11 vs 11. any number cud play!

Saywha, Yuh cyar be using the same avatar as me and have that negative vibes. Outside with dat.

As BM would say "We beating Costa Rica"
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »

Nonsense.

I am not saying he is the CAUSE of the goal, but he had bad positioning on alll the goals and even on some other simple plays. You have to be able to depend on your GK to keep you in the game, and he fell flat. That's all I am saying.

Point well taken...  However, Tim had no chance on the 2nd goal and on the third goal he may have been blinded.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »
We beating Costa Rica...i doh care wah dem do to the USA....who is the USA anyways dread...that game jus show me what i always been sayin...USA not a strong team....dem does jus get too much respect from we....as i does always say we does give USA too much freedom to pass the ball around and dais when dey(as any team should) does kill we....anytime a team start to pressure dem high up the pitch and close dem dopwn in the midfield dem does always buckle....same ting happen against El Salvador.....is just we like to sit back behind the half line and wait on dem to cross...den move further back to the top ah the 18 before we start to contest for the ball and dais why we does always get lick up.....USA not good fellas....once man contestin dem for the all dem have to turn and pass the ball backward cause dem cyah beat nobody one on one....and then dem does run out ah ideas and give whey the ball  like in the CR game...

Lookin at Costa Rica...dem eh look all dah strong neither, three goals from three poor defensive displays doh make dem strong....watch the play besides that goal and see how scrappy dem look in the middle....bad pass galore, poor control...bad positioning, plenty faults for we to exploit....our fitness hadda be up cause dem boy dem does run...whole game...but if we come out with no fear fellas, with the kinda quality we have, we beating Costa Rica and Mexico dis week....our boys jus hadda believe in dem ability  man.....
so if any ah allyuh lose heart because costa rica beat ah jokey US team...den allyuh eh serious....once we come out like WARRIORS for once, none ah dem team in the Hex could beat we jsu so..

Go warriors
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:22 AM »
We beating Costa Rica...i doh care wah dem do to the USA....who is the USA anyways dread...that game jus show me what i always been sayin...USA not a strong team....dem does jus get too much respect from we....as i does always say we does give USA too much freedom to pass the ball around and dais when dey(as any team should) does kill we....anytime a team start to pressure dem high up the pitch and close dem dopwn in the midfield dem does always buckle....same ting happen against El Salvador.....is just we like to sit back behind the half line and wait on dem to cross...den move further back to the top ah the 18 before we start to contest for the ball and dais why we does always get lick up.....USA not good fellas....once man contestin dem for the all dem have to turn and pass the ball backward cause dem cyah beat nobody one on one....and then dem does run out ah ideas and give whey the ball  like in the CR game...

Lookin at Costa Rica...dem eh look all dah strong neither, three goals from three poor defensive displays doh make dem strong....watch the play besides that goal and see how scrappy dem look in the middle....bad pass galore, poor control...bad positioning, plenty faults for we to exploit....our fitness hadda be up cause dem boy dem does run...whole game...but if we come out with no fear fellas, with the kinda quality we have, we beating Costa Rica and Mexico dis week....our boys jus hadda believe in dem ability  man.....
so if any ah allyuh lose heart because costa rica beat ah jokey US team...den allyuh eh serious....once we come out like WARRIORS for once, none ah dem team in the Hex could beat we jsu so..

Go warriors

:beermug: :beermug: :cheers: :bringiton: :bringiton: :challenge:
I pity the fool....

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »

Go warriors

Blessing yuh make some good observations but don't get carried away.  The US is a good team.  They had a bad game that's all.  Also give CR their do, they made the US look bad.

All you really doing is trying to hype up our base and that is ok.  Most of them Central American teams doh play that good away from home anyway, so I know we could beat CR.  The boys just have to bring it and take it to CR.

GO WARRIORS!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:23 AM »

for real go so with them vibes man

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
If you miss the game like me, this is a download for it.

Downloading like a beast right now.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2653171

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2009, 11:42:30 AM »

Saywha, Yuh cyar be using the same avatar as me and have that negative vibes. Outside with dat.

As BM would say "We beating Costa Rica"

Ok, ah will be a lil more positive....
If we guys play with real heart, blood, sweat and tears, and doh play like how dey play and dem previous games we have a chance. But de moment ah see men standing up and watching ball passing and giving away chances it will be another story.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
I will have to disagree on the school of thought that Tim was responsible for the goals scored against Costa Rica. I would say that the players in front of him really let him down. The first goal was set up by Beasley poor negative first touch( he was doing this quite often throughout the game) After which poor defending(Torres and Pablo) on top of the 18 resulted in him being exposed. He could not get to a well placed strike to the upper 90. On the second goal the outside mid and the outside back were the victims of well a well time combination play. He  was forced to over compensate to deal with a possible shot and instead the ball was crossed to a wide open costa rican( mind you Beasley had to deal with three men on that side of the field while their attacking mid #8 was jogging back watching the play. The last one I may give you the benefit of the doubt. However, when you have defenders not stepping up (Carlos)inside your 18yard box to put pressure on the ball that is ingredients for disaster. He was beaten for pace but I would say that is one he probably should have gotten to. GK's are encourage to set their feet before a shot is taken. If you look at Tim's feet the were still moving as the ball was about to be struck. So I am wiling to concede on the last goal
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline sHOTTA)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »
Well as the result stands we haven't seen the US get beaten so badly in a long long time.

1]; } ?>