March 28, 2024, 06:38:46 PM

Author Topic: Hope USA win. - USA vs Costa Rica.  (Read 28895 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hope USA win. - USA vs Costa Rica.
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2009, 02:02:12 PM »
I will have to disagree on the school of thought that Tim was responsible for the goals scored against Costa Rica. I would say that the players in front of him really let him down. The first goal was set up by Beasley poor negative first touch( he was doing this quite often throughout the game) After which poor defending(Torres and Pablo) on top of the 18 resulted in him being exposed. He could not get to a well placed strike to the upper 90. On the second goal the outside mid and the outside back were the victims of well a well time combination play. He  was forced to over compensate to deal with a possible shot and instead the ball was crossed to a wide open costa rican( mind you Beasley had to deal with three men on that side of the field while their attacking mid #8 was jogging back watching the play. The last one I may give you the benefit of the doubt. However, when you have defenders not stepping up (Carlos)inside your 18yard box to put pressure on the ball that is ingredients for disaster. He was beaten for pace but I would say that is one he probably should have gotten to. GK's are encourage to set their feet before a shot is taken. If you look at Tim's feet the were still moving as the ball was about to be struck. So I am wiling to concede on the last goal

Forget the players in front of him, If you were doing a GK keeper session and the position the ball was in would you not correct his positioning?

Again I am not "blaming" him for the goal perse, it's just a simple observation I made. It could be wrong but if I was coaching after blowing out the defense I would HAVE to adress the GK. Just saying.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hope USA win. - USA vs Costa Rica.
« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »
Is all good Elan still have much respect for your football IQ
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

1]; } ?>