April 28, 2024, 05:59:44 PM

Author Topic: Reebok Grand Prix!!!!!!!!  (Read 11692 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reebok Grand Prix!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 01:24:31 PM »
Barely , but you proving my point with that video , did he catch him ,or he barely catch him that is the point I have to prove , do you know at the altitude and the wind adjustment to a legal amount that time equates to 9.87 , He ran full out after that bad start and he managed a 9.87 clocking and you think that time will be good enough to beat Asafa and Tyson Gay. So I guess I am the one who is doing the educating
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:44:09 PM by jusbless »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
Barely , but you proving my point with that video , did he catch him ,or he barely catch him that is the point I have to prove , do you know at the altitude and the wind adjustment to a legal amount that time equates to 9.87 , He ran full out after that bad start and he managed a 9.87 clocking and you think that time will be good enough to beat Asafa and Tyson Gay. So I guess I am the one who is doing the educating

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Let's go over this. Ato said that Bolt with a bad start will ONLY run 9.9 or 10.0x. He just DESTROYED that notion.

Secondly you don't wind correct times one person race and not the other and then have the audacity to compare them. ::) =

If Bolt gets a bad start a Tyson he wlil be able to catch him. Guess why A.) Becasue if you pay attention you will know that Gay is not a good starter and will not be much further ahead if any. and B.) His ability to accelerate is inferior to Bolt's.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »
I think that you are missing the picture what I am trying to say is that Asafa has not been able to put his perfect race together that is the start and the finish. If he puts that together ,I think he will be able to destroy bolt . Who you have to admit if he does not get a good start he tends to force the issue and does not run his race look how much he pushed today , he was not his usual relax self. So let me break it down to you what I am saying is that if Asafa finds a way to combine that finish that we saw at the relays in the Olympics and his usual lightning start , he in no uncertain terms will destroy Usain Bolt. Which big athlete was in the race with him today , he did not have to abandon his normal race pattern and lose his relaxation and would of still won convincingly with probably a better timing but he did, what does that tell you. Next counting out Tyson Gay might be a dangerous things to do last year was last year this year is a different story to open with 19.58 is not a joking matter  , The strange thing about track and field is that when someone sets a new bar level , you always see competitors stepping up to that level also it may be because they push themselves harder or because they see that it can be done , the great thing about this is time will tell and teach all.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
I am no expert but it seems strange that men are still doubting Bolt . what about if bolt gets his perfect race at the same time that powell gets his ....what is likely to happen then ?  why compare a perfect Powell with an imperfect Bolt to see who is better ?
Anyone saying that all athletes in perfect shape and running their perfect race that Bolt can be destroyed by any other runner on the planet ?
Again I am no expert....
saw bolt with a bad start run 9.7 ....one can only imagine if he gets everything right what he can do. remember some experts had said he would  never be a great 100 meters runner because of his height and the fact that the competition at this time was too good .....

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2009, 09:43:24 PM »
I think that you are missing the picture what I am trying to say is that Asafa has not been able to put his perfect race together that is the start and the finish. If he puts that together ,I think he will be able to destroy bolt . Who you have to admit if he does not get a good start he tends to force the issue and does not run his race look how much he pushed today , he was not his usual relax self. So let me break it down to you what I am saying is that if Asafa finds a way to combine that finish that we saw at the relays in the Olympics and his usual lightning start , he in no uncertain terms will destroy Usain Bolt. Which big athlete was in the race with him today , he did not have to abandon his normal race pattern and lose his relaxation and would of still won convincingly with probably a better timing but he did, what does that tell you. Next counting out Tyson Gay might be a dangerous things to do last year was last year this year is a different story to open with 19.58 is not a joking matter  , The strange thing about track and field is that when someone sets a new bar level , you always see competitors stepping up to that level also it may be because they push themselves harder or because they see that it can be done , the great thing about this is time will tell and teach all.

Like I said earlier in this thread, the only way Powell destroys his Bolt is for Powell to put together a complete race while Bolt is having a terrible day. You guys keep going on about if Powell gets a blistering start he will be able to destroy Bolt. But here is a little factoid. In Beijing Bolt passed through 60m in 6.31s with an average start( NY was his best start of the season). A grand total of ZERO people have run faster through 60m that Bolt did that night and we all know his last 40m is second to none. What if Bolt starts like that on the same day as Powell.....LMAO

The only reason why you saw Bolt straining like that today is because Mills wanted him to push himself to see exactly how his training progress is going.So for a man who started training 6 weeks late and then even when he got started had numerous interruptions then a further 2 weeks missed from the car accident, to come an run a slightly winded 9.77 speaks volumes. He will be a terror in Berlin. Two months is a lot of time to train.

As for Gay let me see how he does over the 100m at US trials. He will have to make some serious technical improvements over the first 30m to be able to run with Bolt. As for the 200m I know he will make Bolt sweat, but the 100m is a different game.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:44:57 PM by Aviator »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »
I am no expert but it seems strange that men are still doubting Bolt . what about if bolt gets his perfect race at the same time that powell gets his ....what is likely to happen then ?  why compare a perfect Powell with an imperfect Bolt to see who is better ?
Anyone saying that all athletes in perfect shape and running their perfect race that Bolt can be destroyed by any other runner on the planet ?
Again I am no expert....
saw bolt with a bad start run 9.7 ....one can only imagine if he gets everything right what he can do. remember some experts had said he would  never be a great 100 meters runner because of his height and the fact that the competition at this time was too good .....

Amen...

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 03:22:26 AM »
I was not suggesting that bolt has a bad race for asafa to win , We have seen bolt put together some perfect races from start to finish and we know what times we can expect from him when he does that can we say the same for Asafa and Tyson or Darrel Brown. For me these are guys whose real potential has not be seen yet and are still trying to execute those perfect races . Did you even noticed the fast start tyson had in his 200m I have never seen him start like that before and from what I heard he has been working with Jon Drummond one of the fastest starters, who knows it seems to be rubbing off, But I fail to believe like some of you that bolt is unbeatable , I think this year will show that he is not. P.S. Anytime Darrel can stay healthy he can surprise the world, just remember at junior level we talked about two phenom , Brown and bolt , Bolt was healthy, darrel was not once his injuries worries are behind him I think he can destroy bolt also.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »
Bolt was healthy?

Where have you been from 2004-2006?

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »
Jusbless no one ever said Bolt was unbeatable and earlier in this thread I actually said that Powell could beat him. Its this whole "destroy" thing that I am getting at. What Bolt did to RT in Beijing is your definition of destruction. NO ONE will EVER beat Bolt that badly.

As for Tyson Gay how he starts in the deuce has no bearings on how he starts in the hundred. Let me take you back to 2007 for one of Gay''s blazing curves, when him 100m start was even worse than it is now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blNYXMo44I

P.S. Powell has put together a complete race on many occasion, just never at the right time. I am a huge Darrel fan, but no one should be mentioned in the same breath as Bolt unless you have a 9.7x PR next to your name.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 08:34:33 PM »
Clearly my definition of destroy and some others is different....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 07:25:58 AM »
Clearly my definition of destroy and some others is different....

Okay Ato, even If I went along with you definition of destruction, I believe Powell might still be left wanting. If both men execute their races respective to perfection, we are looking at a scenario where Powell will be marginally ahead(0.03s at most) of Bolt. What happens in the last 40m??? Who has a last 40m like Bolt??

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »
It's not because I feel to say something like that. It's because I spend too much time looking at film (always have but now its actually my job). If I could show you what I see in terms of Asafa's 4x100m leg in Beijing (so otherworldly its not funny, but its a relay leg so it gets discarded, until you realize the floated thru the zone but still ran 8.7 and it was a full 100m flying) Then start to look at Asafa's best starts in the last few years esp when he was consistent in 06 and 07 and u realize that a race like Brussels last year or Stockholm is part of it - he can if he would stop running not to LOSE put such a gap on Bolt that Bolt would have a hard time catching him. YES he would. So me saying destroy is saying make BOLT become the one feeling victimized because his race model is inferior. This of course will take consistency from Asafa, which has been sorely lacking thus far in 09.

A little reminder of how Asafa can crank them out when he is ready. This list I like because it takes away wind altitude etc and just brings all races ever back to ZERO WIND and ALT etc....

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/asset/special/2009/100m_Times_Adjusted.pdf

what Powell has done isn't to be taken lightly and I repeat, he has the talent to destroy Bolt. 9.6 LOW or 9.5 on a non Beijing track is in him, and I say that not because I am a fan I haven't been known to necessarily root for Asafa, but because once I break someone down on film, I don't waver from what I have ascertained.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:33:32 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2009, 07:30:34 AM »
MVP 3rd to last, 2nd to last and last.....possum indeed, Willi! They are doing a great job if that is in fact the case lol

Awright now Ato,

As a Possumist (Carib T&F nickname for us hopefuls), I hope you noted that  Andrew Hinds from MVP dropped a PB 10.03 to win the Bajan trials and that DB (another from MVP) ran a massive season opener with a poor start to record a 10.05s (closing like a train). Also, you have seen that Callendar from Racers ran a PB 10.14s in the 100m and came 2nd in the 200m (albeit in a pedestrian time).

This augers well for possum playing and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating on Saturday when the bulk from these 2 camps attempt to qualify. Note that those canny coaches are far more interested in qualifying than in sending "messages" at trials like the yanks. You have seen the yanks kill off each other at their trials doing way more than necessary in many cases. If the likes of Frater, Asafa, SAF, Melaine, Waugh, Marvin Anderson, Blake, Gunz, Forsythe, Markino Buckley, Ric Chambers, etc qualify in whatever position, it will be pleasing to their coaches. All who are looking for an Asafa vs bolt clash at trials will be disappointed. I am sure Bolt will win and Asafa will do enuff for 2nd and the real battle will be for 3rd.

If the above happens, the possumism would have reigned supreme and the yanks would have to reassess their extreme optimism this year.

Right now for the men 4x100m, TnT is VERY dangerous. Jamaica will need both bolt and Asafa firing well to hold off TnT. Not sure that we can afford a sub-par Asafa. As for the US, they better hope that Dix steps up to partner Gay as otherwise they running for Bronze. Suh mi see it! LoL

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
LOL let's see what the times become in Europe....trials always seem to have fast times, don't they...
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
Lol

Yeah, you know I love to see times backed up!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »
MVP 3rd to last, 2nd to last and last.....possum indeed, Willi! They are doing a great job if that is in fact the case lol

Mek yuh noise fi di Possum Posseeeee!

Cut a soca tune of dat for me.

More to come in Berlin

1]; } ?>