March 29, 2024, 02:54:40 AM

Author Topic: Reebok Grand Prix!!!!!!!!  (Read 11543 times)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reebok Grand Prix!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 03:59:36 PM »
yeh boy Richard need to put on some more muscle mass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 04:10:38 PM »
muscle mass doh always mean speed eh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
Event 1 Men 100 Meter Dash 'A' Race
=====================================================================
Sponsored by
VISA
World: W 9.69 8/16/2008 Usain BOLT, Jamaica
Meet: M 9.72 2008 Usain BOLT, JAM
American: A 9.77 6/28/2008 Tyson GAY, adidas
All-Comers: * 9.72 5/31/2008 Usain BOLT, JAM
Name Year Team Finals Wind
=====================================================================
Finals
1 Mike Rodgers United States 9.93 3.1
2 Travis Padgett United States 9.96 3.1
3 Steve Mullings Jamaica 9.98 3.1
4 Darvis Patton United States 10.00 3.1
5 Richard Thompson Trinidad & Tobago 10.01 3.1
6 Daniel Bailey Antigua & Barbuda 10.02 3.1
7 Asafa Powell Jamaica 10.10 3.1
8 Michael Frater Jamaica 10.15 3.1
9 Nesta Carter Jamaica 10.16 3.1

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »

Not criticising you but how did you come to that conclusion after one race? serious question!

I don't feel he needs to but I ent ah track expert!

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
No dais after watchin he lose race after race this season and after seeing him run 9.89s in the olympic final I know he should be running faster than 5th place and in a tailwind of 3.1 m/s he should definitely be dipping under 10 seconds. I just feel building heself a bit more would give him that raw power(like asafa). However he does have a different style to asafa so my idea maybe total rubbish but I do think adding just a bit more muscle will do more good than damage.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »

Not criticising you but how did you come to that conclusion after one race? serious question!

carib briton aka futbol is back come hope to see you around this time next saturday when we are taking on costa rica.... ...

yes and how is dwaine chambers
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 06:03:18 PM »
MVP 3rd to last, 2nd to last and last.....possum indeed, Willi! They are doing a great job if that is in fact the case lol

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »
My notes....

Renny Quow is looking better every race and is beginning to supplant himself as the leader of the second group( Wariner and Merritt being the first) of 400m runners.

KAB- The time might have been winded, but I am very happy with the placement. Keep doing what your doing, because you are looking better and better.

RT- He is obviously very short on work and needs to take a break from all this racing. I personally don't want to see his name on a start list aside from trials until July 3rd in Oslo. He needs to put in a solid training block and that cannot be accomplished when racing. Manger and coach do the right thing. Not all money is good money....

Callendar got a bad lane draw and so was his race, but I am not to concerned seeing that he did run 20.40 just last week.

One a non trini note...TYSON GAY is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a stupefying opening run. Berlin will be great.

P.S. monsieur Boldon, next time doh drink so much joy juice before you go on air. "Powell has the physical tools to destroy Bolt" ??? ??? Beat maybe, destroy NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FTvJvVSrKc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-FTvJvVSrKc</a>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:37:57 PM by Aviator »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 07:02:03 PM »
I would like to see ato talk up quow more
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGrqmsuFXh4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iGrqmsuFXh4</a>

Fast forward to the 0:37 mark. KAB ketch real joy when she see she time. ;D

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 08:43:48 PM »
I dunno why everyone is living as though every time Bolt runs it will be Beijing 2008's ghost. Asafa with the way he can start and the way he ran the anchor in Beijing can destroy BOLT. I said what I meant to say. Destroy as in "shit I am in a hole I cant get out of because finally someone has exposed my weakness - watch Stockholm 08 for reference....

Your scoffing implies no one can possibly "destroy Bolt". And that simply is not true.  I think everyone seems to be living in 2008 still....a year in track is a lifetime....ask Wariner, Atkins, Melaine Walker et al.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 11:13:11 PM »
I dunno why everyone is living as though every time Bolt runs it will be Beijing 2008's ghost. Asafa with the way he can start and the way he ran the anchor in Beijing can destroy BOLT. I said what I meant to say. Destroy as in "shit I am in a hole I cant get out of because finally someone has exposed my weakness - watch Stockholm 08 for reference....

Your scoffing implies no one can possibly "destroy Bolt". And that simply is not true.  I think everyone seems to be living in 2008 still....a year in track is a lifetime....ask Wariner, Atkins, Melaine Walker et al.

i know we shouldn't deal in absolutes, but there isn't a soul out there that can destroy Bolt. What Bolt did to RT and what Powell did to Dix(Lausanne) is the definition of destruction. No one could do to Bolt what he and Powell did to RT and Dix respectively. You use Stockholm as a reference, but I can hardly call beating someone by 0.01s as being destroyed and had Bolt wanted to win that race, all he had to do was lean forward instead of back. Furthermore that was arguably Bolt's worst start of the season, so you will have to hope Bolt screws up badly for anyone to destroy him. Like I said the first time, can some one beat him i.e.(<0.10s) yes, DESTROY him....absolutely no!!!!!!!!!

The man has already run 9.90 in piss poor conditions mere weeks after an accident and with a considerable amount of training time lost. Watch the piece of fireworks he will put down here in Toronto, after having a nice 3 week training block.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 06:13:53 AM »

i know we shouldn't deal in absolutes, but there isn't a soul out there that can destroy Bolt. What Bolt did to RT and what Powell did to Dix(Lausanne) is the definition of destruction. No one could do to Bolt what he and Powell did to RT and Dix respectively. You use Stockholm as a reference, but I can hardly call beating someone by 0.01s as being destroyed and had Bolt wanted to win that race, all he had to do was lean forward instead of back. Furthermore that was arguably Bolt's worst start of the season, so you will have to hope Bolt screws up badly for anyone to destroy him. Like I said the first time, can some one beat him i.e.(<0.10s) yes, DESTROY him....absolutely no!!!!!!!!!

The man has already run 9.90 in piss poor conditions mere weeks after an accident and with a considerable amount of training time lost. Watch the piece of fireworks he will put down here in Toronto, after having a nice 3 week training block.

forget asafa lets talk about tyson gay .....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 06:22:54 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGrqmsuFXh4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iGrqmsuFXh4</a>

Fast forward to the 0:37 mark. KAB ketch real joy when she see she time. ;D

kelly is up there with them running in lane 2 etc  ...
she will beat them in time
RT need to hit that gym ....

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »
MVP 3rd to last, 2nd to last and last.....possum indeed, Willi! They are doing a great job if that is in fact the case lol

We shall see.

A man of your perspicasity should now that Asafa at 10.10s +3.1ms means what, exactly?

BTW, you said on air that Asafa had ZERO Oly medals and that RT had 2 silvers from beijng. Check that again.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 05:41:05 AM »
What is happening to RT he seems to be getting slower and his execution has become arocious he is rushing his drive phase and losing form badly at the end of the race.It seems like his technique is declining every single race ,Is he doint too much racing and not getting the time to correct these deficiencies , should his camp limit the amount of meets he is running in .Or could it be the same as mvp athletes that they are now coming off weights training so they are not race ready as yet.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 12:59:05 AM »
and Quow is still very young...he is one of our very promosing athletes..

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 12:37:26 AM »
You check what I said, I am aware of what I said - I said 100 medals
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »

OK, I tek your word for it.

My bad then.

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 02:55:46 PM »

No you did not...you said "still no olympic medal"...You may have been thinking 100 medals, but thats not what you said.  In fairness right before you made the statment you were commenting on Asafa's sub 9.8 runs in the 100. 

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 12:38:30 AM »
Exactly. And to those who don't think Bolt can be destroyed. Watch a race of Asafa starting when he is on, now watch the relay anchor leg. Now imagine them together. I dunno why you all act as though I just casually say things....

If I say something like that it's not to get a rise its because I have broken down film and I believe it. Willi knows I have my Asafa issues but If you woke up tomorrow and Asafa had run 9.59 would u be totally shocked? I wouldn't and 9.59 would destroy anything else out there this year.

Every year we must go thru this??? People saying I am calling Jeter prematurely. Really? Based on what? Who wants to bet against Jeter as a worlds medalist this year? Against her being in the top 2?
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »
No way Jeter has looked strong since the start of the season and is I've been saying that since she run first race she is a medalist unless she has some freak accident.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 05:14:13 AM »
Exactly. And to those who don't think Bolt can be destroyed. Watch a race of Asafa starting when he is on, now watch the relay anchor leg. Now imagine them together. I dunno why you all act as though I just casually say things....

If I say something like that it's not to get a rise its because I have broken down film and I believe it. Willi knows I have my Asafa issues but If you woke up tomorrow and Asafa had run 9.59 would u be totally shocked? I wouldn't and 9.59 would destroy anything else out there this year.

Every year we must go thru this??? People saying I am calling Jeter prematurely. Really? Based on what? Who wants to bet against Jeter as a worlds medalist this year? Against her being in the top 2?

Part of the process is the education of the casual fan. You have to keep drilling this in for it to stick to the newcomers.

You know we dont always predict the same, but I do highly respect your educated opinion in track as I know you do deep dive research to back up the views.

However, in the heat of commentary, things can slip and its really no big deal. You will hear it from us though, as track fans are nitpicking perfectionists and are crazy about the most minute details.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 08:08:44 AM »

Ato, I would like to know what is your definition of destruction. Because when I think of someone destroying another competitor over 100m I am thinking of a margin of defeat 0.10s or more.

So if we are to go along and use my arbitrary defeat margin of 0.10s, I could never see Powell beating and IN FORM Bolt by that margin. Damn near impossible. You said you have analyzed tape of Asafa, but in all your analysis you seemed to have missed that Powell for all his " Ka-Boom" starts has NEVER gone through 60m en route to 100m faster than Bolt, and we know who has the better last 40m. So for Powell to destroy Bolt as you say, he will have to catch him a on bad day, and in form Bolt and it will not happen. I will go a step further and say that when in form neither man is capable of beating the other by more than 0.05s or so.

As for Jeter she will be a factor come World's, but you should get too carried away knowing full well that Jeter is in peak shape right, while that JAM girls have run into all kinds of hurdles sans Kerron Stewart(who is still the WL) that has only allowed them to recently start their seasons. Because when likkle safa, VCB and Stewart get their engines revving at full speed, Jeter better be ready to handle hell. U.S./JAM Trails will tell the full story. I with hold medalist predictions until then.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 11:15:53 AM »
Destroy as in Bolt with a bad start will run 9.9 or 10.00 this year. Asafa can still run 9.8 with one....destroy as in can't make up ground cuz Asafa finally has put one together start middle and finish
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:22 AM »

carib briton aka futbol is back come hope to see you around this time next saturday when we are taking on costa rica.... ...

yes and how is dwaine chambers

Chambers is fine, he always at my local track (His training base - well duh of course he would be always there ;D). I think he's ran 10.17 and 10.06 for his last races.

I was here for the CR game

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »
Destroy as in Bolt with a bad start will run 9.9 or 10.00 this year. Asafa can still run 9.8 with one....destroy as in can't make up ground cuz Asafa finally has put one together start middle and finish

Well then I guess you are basically agreeing with me then. Because you are pretty much saying that Bolt will have to have a bad day for him to be destroyed.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 12:37:26 PM »

Well Mr.Boldon I think Lord Bolt just made you eat those words. He got a bad start with a awful 0.206 reaction time and still ran 9.77(+2.1)

So lets put this destruction 'talk' to rest shall we ;D

For your viewing pleasure.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gH4EcxSUjmY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gH4EcxSUjmY</a>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:02:33 PM by Aviator »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 01:12:42 PM »
I have to agree with Ato , It does not happen often but I believe if bolt get that bad start against Asaafa he will not be able to catch him or Tyson Gay

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »
I have to agree with Ato , It does not happen often but I believe if bolt get that bad start against Asaafa he will not be able to catch him or Tyson Gay

Education time....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZnCauVH4o

Powell barely keeps him off and that's only because Bolt didn't dip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FT7i5EBnkQ

As for Tyson Gay, he doesn't belong in this convo.

1]; } ?>