March 29, 2024, 07:08:21 AM

Author Topic: Rooney: Iniesta is the world's best  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rooney: Iniesta is the world's best
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »
Rooney masks pain to hail Iniesta as world's best

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney did not let the disappointment of Wednesday's 2-0 defeat in the Champions League final stop him hailing Barcelona's Andres Iniesta as the world's best player.

Iniesta was instrumental as the Catalans controlled midfield to claim their third European Cup with relative ease. He laid on Samuel Eto'o's 10th-minute opener before Lionel Messi sealed victory with a rare header in the second half.

"They are a brilliant team and I think Iniesta is the best player in the world at the moment," the forward, among the English champions' biggest disappointments on the night, told reporters.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney: Iniesta is the world's best
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »
I wouldnt say he's the world's best..I think he and Xavi are the World's most dangerous partnership...they compliment each other unbelievably

As for World's best...its between the young Argentine and Cristiano... Both had good games yesterday but IMO Cristiano was more involved

But Messi deserves his world player of the year award as CR7 was not as consistent as last year... watch out next season though  ;)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »
I wouldnt say he's the world's best..I think he and Xavi are the World's most dangerous partnership...they compliment each other unbelievably

As for World's best...its between the young Argentine and Cristiano... Both had good games yesterday but IMO Cristiano was more involved

But Messi deserves his world player of the year award as CR7 was not as consistent as last year... watch out next season though  ;)

Seriously, what game you was watching?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 09:46:18 AM »

I found Messi was good last night...but not that involved as he normally is... Cristiano imo was very good...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 10:03:02 AM »

IMO Iniesta was the best player last night over 90 mins.  Xavi/Messi tied for 2nd...CR9 was good- but after his freekick in the first minute, a long range shot hit well wide, his missed left foot volley, and a dangerous run where he was pulled down at the top of the box, he slowly resorted to frustration plays/tackles and sorta played himself out of the game.  Iniesta ruled the midfield for pretty much the entire game.

Xavi was actually the official man of the match- as usual alot of his work goes unnoticed....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »
Ah tink it was Observer who said it best for me.

Xavi ran tings last night

Iniesta made it possible for him to do so.

But dah chess trap from a bullet pass, turn past 2 men who was stickin to him like glue and burst a speed afterwards to leff dem in de duss by Messi in de 82nd minute last night was by itself worth de TV rights paid for the broadcast.  MY FLICKIN WORD!

BTW....Xavi...MOM in CL Final 2009.  MVP of Euro 2009.  Quadruple Crown winner in a calendar year....European Cup, Copa Del Rey, La Liga Title, and CL Title.  He could still add de Confederation's Cup with Spain later dis year.

And yuh does hardly hear bout he in comparison to some oddah men.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 10:38:12 AM »

But dah chess trap from a bullet pass, turn past 2 men who was stickin to him like glue and burst a speed afterwards to leff dem in de duss by Messi in de 82nd minute last night was by itself worth de TV rights paid for the broadcast.  MY FLICKIN WORD!

ditto.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »

ditto.

it really look playstation-ish..

ah hoping diehard warrior could organize ah lil animated gif for we to browse it over.. :devil:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »
ah hoping diehard warrior could organize ah lil animated gif for we to browse it over.. :devil:

why alyuh so ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
A couple years ago, I said Xavi was the best mf in Europe imo. I remember a good few men on here catch real kix off meh. Truth is, Xavi playing at this level long time. Before he mash up his knee in 2006, he was arguably a little bit better. Since then the Catalns saying Xavi never loses the ball. Now honestly, I've seen him misplace passes, but tell me the last time allyuh see anyone actually take a ball of Xavi foot. (of course it happens, but so few times i can't recall any and I watch barca alot). He's only now getting the recognition his skill and vision deserve. Last year, men claiming to be Barca fans was talking about how Barca doh need Xavi. He good but just a regular player.  ::) I think the brilliance of player like Dinho more easily recognizable. BUt guys like Xavi go unnoticed even if there are no players who can play the position the way he does. I know most people may not think he is the best mf in Europe, but at least nobody in their right mind will laugh at the idea any more.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »

I found Messi was good last night...but not that involved as he normally is... Cristiano imo was very good...

Cristiano looked alive for about 30 minutes. The game is 90 minutes long. Messi started off slower than CRonaldo, but he grew into the game and was tormenting the United defense long after Cr was getting  sniff of the ball. But I doh blame the Portuguese international. He was up for it, but the support wasn't there. For him, it was more a case of what he could have done. As for Rooney, he only saying Iniesta is the best player cuz he too embarrass to say it was Sylvinho  :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »
A couple years ago, I said Xavi was the best mf in Europe imo. I remember a good few men on here catch real kix off meh. Truth is, Xavi playing at this level long time. Before he mash up his knee in 2006, he was arguably a little bit better. Since then the Catalns saying Xavi never loses the ball. Now honestly, I've seen him misplace passes, but tell me the last time allyuh see anyone actually take a ball of Xavi foot. (of course it happens, but so few times i can't recall any and I watch barca alot). He's only now getting the recognition his skill and vision deserve. Last year, men claiming to be Barca fans was talking about how Barca doh need Xavi. He good but just a regular player.  ::) I think the brilliance of player like Dinho more easily recognizable. BUt guys like Xavi go unnoticed even if there are no players who can play the position the way he does. I know most people may not think he is the best mf in Europe, but at least nobody in their right mind will laugh at the idea any more.

Xavi like a great ref.  Nobody notice he till game done.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »

Boy, is there no end to the shit yuh does talk??

All Ronaldo do is for the latter protion of the 1st half and the 2nd half is dribble and lose the ball. Then, we he find that wasn't enough, he resort to pelting blade behind Puyol till said Xavi had to pull up he socks.

Come nah Small Mag, stop being so overly biased nuh. 

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 11:22:13 AM »

That was ridiculous. Me and meh padna watch one another in awe.

BUt even Xavi and Iniesta was collecting some bullet pass from out the back and trapping and turning with ease. 

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »

All Ronaldo do is for the latter protion of the 1st half and the 2nd half is dribble and lose the ball. Then, we he find that wasn't enough, he resort to pelting blade behind Puyol till said Xavi had to pull up he socks.

no end to my shit talk? lol funny coming from you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »

no end to my shit talk? lol funny coming from you

I am surprised a couple of expletives weren't thrown in for good measure.

Més que un club.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »

Spoken like a true fan. :rotfl: :rotfl:

CR was the most involved player on an uninvolved team :devil:

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were all better than CR.

He was most involved in trying to kick people at the end of the game. Tasteless!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 02:10:01 PM »

The reason being teams see him as the major threat and dey game plan is to have 3 or 4 men on him at all times...and still he's so good he still finds a way to make something happen...Best Player in the world Hands Down at the moment!

Ah tink it was Observer who said it best for me.

Xavi ran tings last night

Iniesta made it possible for him to do so.

BTW....Xavi...MOM in CL Final 2009.  MVP of Euro 2009.  Quadruple Crown winner in a calendar year....European Cup, Copa Del Rey, La Liga Title, and CL Title.  He could still add de Confederation's Cup with Spain later dis year.

And yuh does hardly hear bout he in comparison to some oddah men.

as a result of teams tryin to keep Messi at bay by tryin to mark him out THE GAME....dey pay for it because both Iniesta and Xavi have more room to cause havoc...And many teams fail to realize that Iniesta deserves more attention than what he got in the last few games (Chelsea..Man Boo - but they know now) and as a result of sleepin on Iniesta with the main goal to contain Messi...Iniesta was the guy to cement we success!

IMO Iniesta was the best player last night over 90 mins.  Xavi/Messi tied for 2nd...CR9 was good- but after his freekick in the first minute, a long range shot hit well wide, his missed left foot volley, and a dangerous run where he was pulled down at the top of the box, he slowly resorted to frustration plays/tackles and sorta played himself out of the game.  Iniesta ruled the midfield for pretty much the entire game.

Xavi was actually the official man of the match- as usual alot of his work goes unnoticed....

And yes Messi by Iniesta by Xavi by Eto'o might get most of the praises...but for me the most important man for us in the last couple of games was YaYa FULLSTOP! So dais my man of the MATCH for the last few games str8! Cuz allyuh eh see wuh the man do....IMO d man is already one of the best MF around right now....when i say MF...ah talkin bout complete MF-ders...solid both offensively & defensively! We take the man out of he cormfort zone in the MF and use the man in a CB position and the man so versatile he was lookin like a seasoned CB....in fact he was lookin better than men who play dey for dey whole life! In addition, d man wasn't just defending for country but d man was bursin forward constantly when teams was sleepin defensively too and either scorin of creatin problems by findin players with precise passin..AS AH CB! ANd altho rell ppl was lookin at the injury to Rafa dem as a problem..it was a blessing cuz when YaYa burse forward form d defense we were a man up in the middle and I believe that was one of the things that caused us to have the advantage in d MF cuz teams doh relly make provisions to contain attackin CB's...so it very hard for a team to adjust to the extra man comin in the middle to strengthen a MF group that don't need the extra support! So Yaya was the key for me cuz everybody kno what Messi by Iniesta by Xavi by Eto'o by Henry could do....so is no surprise for me to see dem do what dey did cuz dey was doing it whole season! 
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »
Breezers. Yaya deserves props for playing well out of position. But that that doesn't mean he deserves m.o.t.m honors. Pique was easily the better of the two center backs imo, or at least he seemed to make the more crucial interventions (no one mentioning that he practically won the game for Barca for that tackle on Park after C Ronaldo's free kick..had that gone in may have been a different game). His positioning was superb and he seemed to be in place to clear virtually every single cross ball from United. Yaya had his issues and he almost swiped the ball into his own net 2nd half under pressure from C Ronaldo. He did very well, albeit with a couple shaky moments...but you doh get handicap points for playing out of position. Pique looked the more accomplished and comfortable of the two in the centre back positions. Puyol was probably the best of all the defenders, if only for the fact that he played both sides (defense and attack) well. Had his header gone in, or his chip from the break on the right, it would have been fair reward for a swashbuckling display

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »
Breezers. Yaya deserves props for playing well out of position. But that that doesn't mean he deserves m.o.t.m honors. Pique was easily the better of the two center backs imo, or at least he seemed to make the more crucial interventions (no one mentioning that he practically won the game for Barca for that tackle on Park after C Ronaldo's free kick..had that gone in may have been a different game). His positioning was superb and he seemed to be in place to clear virtually every single cross ball from United. Yaya had his issues and he almost swiped the ball into his own net 2nd half under pressure from C Ronaldo. He did very well, albeit with a couple shaky moments...but you doh get handicap points for playing out of position. Pique looked the more accomplished and comfortable of the two in the centre back positions. Puyol was probably the best of all the defenders, if only for the fact that he played both sides (defense and attack) well. Had his header gone in, or his chip from the break on the right, it would have been fair reward for a swashbuckling display

I understand where yuh comin from Filho...but for me i was alwayz comfortable when the ball was in Yaya's vicinity..Pique had a some big performances for us this season and he certainly deserves the credit but the thing about it..he actually did what he suppose to...he's ah CB....that's his duties...so within his role as ah CB he have to be able to make timely tackles and have good positionin....so it's expected by me for him to do so and it's been long overdue...my major beef with him and abidal in particular...is them fellaz does trip when dey ready and give away the ball in ungodly places and put the team under pressure. But at the end of the day dais what we have..so dais what we shall use until better could be done! Hence, I was impressed by Yaya...he was comin out of the back with precise passin and he tend to look for feet instead of just kickin way the ball EPL style..lol. So for me he was more composed!

In terms of Puyol he was indeed the best defender on the day and he's been d best defender we have for a couple of yrs now! He's the HEART & SOUL of the defense and also of Barca..to me he always have been and he would continue to be until he quit playin!! Rell ppl didnt kno he was dat versatile too..he's ah man will fan yuh up and whip in a tellin cross fuh the strikers and still bawl dem up if dey eh score....lol. I could remember Puyol talkin tuh Overmars like he's a lil boi for a mistake he make.....so i was laffin..lol
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:55:31 PM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »

:rotfl: Yuh know!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »

Cristiano looked alive for about 30 minutes. The game is 90 minutes long. Messi started off slower than CRonaldo, but he grew into the game and was tormenting the United defense long after Cr was getting  sniff of the ball. But I doh blame the Portuguese international. He was up for it, but the support wasn't there. For him, it was more a case of what he could have done. As for Rooney, he only saying Iniesta is the best player cuz he too embarrass to say it was Sylvinho  :devil:

:rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »

:rotfl:
Like yuh gone undercover wid Barca now aought? :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
Ah realise nobody talkin bout Busquets.

He had a demon of a game too...in a very quiet manner.

Proteck dat back line and also did not give away the ball.  Gave Xavi & Iniesta massive support and performed his role (de one Ya Ya does normally play) to perfection IMO.  Excellent player and one who came up through Barca's youth ranks

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »
aye is whole day  in wuk men talking bout that all weh messi chest trap, ah neede ah video of that dread.

b4 the chelsea game i said it and i will say it again. if u want to stop barca u have to stop iniesta( atleast thats how i saw it 4 dis season)

next thing. y barca yute system so successful? and b4 any1 4get fabregas was also a member of d barca yute academy
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »
i have to admit i never really watch xavi and iniesta  play until this year really, and you can't deny their control of that midfield and they area and they are so smooth in doing so. it also helps that they have man like Eto, Henry, and  Messi to pass to but he right iniesta is boss
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »
I hope the TT team watch the game. Two teams fairly even. It boiled down to who controlled the middle effectively. It was Barca all the way. Forget the goals for the moment. Manu had some control, but not the way Barca controlled the ball when they had it. All yuh think we team have the men to play half as much as Barca mid-field.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
    Terry Venables wrote:"If it does come down to Messi against Ronaldo, well, Messi is one of the best players in the world, but give me Ronaldo. Messi is wonderful on the right but Ronaldo is terrific on the right, the left and through the middle as well. He also scores goals with his head, which Messi couldn’t do even if they put a top hat on him."

egg on yuh face terry?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Bad news for La Liga, CL Teams and de other 31 World Cup teams
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
Andres Iniesta is BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!

De man put down a master class on de weekend sah.

Wheeeeyyyyysss.

Nex man on a rampage was de one and only Ronaldinho.

A Brazil Spain world cup final would arguably be the greatest world cup final of them all.

But yes....ah dreamin and plenty can happen between now and then.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Bad news for La Liga, CL Teams and de other 31 World Cup teams
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
Andres Iniesta is BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!

De man put down a master class on de weekend sah.

Wheeeeyyyyysss.

Nex man on a rampage was de one and only Ronaldinho.

A Brazil Spain world cup final would arguably be the greatest world cup final of them all.

But yes....ah dreamin and plenty can happen between now and then.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/9-WbMY2Ggtg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/9-WbMY2Ggtg</a>

1]; } ?>