April 23, 2024, 09:53:56 AM

Author Topic: Rooney: Iniesta is the world's best  (Read 8924 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news for La Liga, CL Teams and de other 31 World Cup teams
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »
Andres Iniesta is BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!

De man put down a master class on de weekend sah.

Wheeeeyyyyysss.

Nex man on a rampage was de one and only Ronaldinho.

A Brazil Spain world cup final would arguably be the greatest world cup final of them all.

But yes....ah dreamin and plenty can happen between now and then.

He look sweet
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »

Wheeeeyyyyysss.

A Brazil Spain world cup final would arguably be the greatest world cup final of them all.

good game against Sevilla in the cup too. He was unluck not to score.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
He remind me of Fletcher dey boy ;D

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 01:58:13 PM »
I would like to see a Brazil vs. Spain final.  Based on the WC draw, we can see that match up either in the round of 16 or the finals.  If they both win their group or both come second then they will be in opposite sides of the draw and cant meet till the final.  If one wins their group and the other finishes second then they will meet in the round of 16.

Nice to see Ronaldinho rounding into top form.  Hope Dunga starts him and leaves Robinho on the bench.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 02:02:52 PM »
what i am excited about for the second half of this season is seeing the top 3 players in world football at peak form and competing for titles... Messi, Ronaldinho and C. Ronaldo..  Players who on their day if on top form can be unstoppable..

its a long time since so many game changers were all at the top of their game at the same time.. last i remember was when Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Figo were plying their trades.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 02:07:28 PM »
what i am excited about for the second half of this season is seeing the top 3 players in world football at peak form and competing for titles... Messi, Ronaldinho and C. Ronaldo..  Players who on their day if on top form can be unstoppable..

its a long time since so many game changers were all at the top of their game at the same time.. last i remember was when Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Figo were plying their trades.

Drogba should be in that top 3, Ronaldinho hadda get drop lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
Xavi was impeccable over the weekend too- his pass to the Pedro for the 3rd (i think) goal was one for the history books...

Ronaldinho is showing flashes...Still not convinced that he'll ever be back to what the world is waiting and hoping for.  If nothing else he is one player who if he never finds his previous form, will leave the world stage as a somewhat underappreciated figure, and have fans haunted forever.  Anyone who is fan of Ronaldinho (or neutral) until this day holds his/her breath for a piece of magic anytime he touches the ball... and each game he gives you enough to hope for, but not enough consistency to feel satisfied with .... and it's been like this for years now!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:32:49 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »
He remind me of Fletcher dey boy ;D

Bladowww !!!  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »
Xavi was impeccable over the weekend too- his pass to the Pedro for the 3rd (i think) goal was one for the history books...

Ronaldinho is showing flashes...Still not convinced that he'll ever be back to what the world is waiting and hoping for.  If nothing else he is one player who if he never finds his previous form, will leave the world stage as a somewhat underappreciated figure, and have fans haunted forever.  Anyone who is fan of Ronaldinho (or neutral) until this day holds his/her breath for a piece of magic anytime he touches the ball... and each game he gives you enough to hope for, but not enough consistency to feel satisfied with .... and it's been like this for years now!!

Feel you in every word there. Felt like that with R9 too. Maybe we should accept that they human  :D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »
Jah gol.....2:32 to 3:01 in dah clip yuh gi we dey wit de REAL special one was MAGICAL dread!

Wheeeeeeeyyyyyyssss!!

BIG PLAYERS does go tru a whole season without havin as many highlights as dinho had in dah ONE GAME!

Check out de expression of de Siena player right at de end askin fuh Dinho jersey.

De man face light up like a chile actually seein santa claus in de flesh......and he now finish colleck 4 eh!  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
Iniesta and crew in demolition derby...watch xavi pass at 4:01

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/lDve_Pqya7k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/lDve_Pqya7k</a>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:41:14 PM by palos »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »
Iniesta and crew in demolition derby...watch xavi pass at 4:01

It would have been a deep insult if Pedro didn't score off that pass. I wish Ray Hudon had commentate on that game...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:15:10 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »

i really eh know what more u want from a player than what he showed yesterday
that was a classic performance. he coulda scored 6
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »

Feel you in every word there. Felt like that with R9 too. Maybe we should accept that they human  :D

Just don't believe the hype!!!!   ;D  Not sure what allyuh want though after watching that clip I not sure it have any player could do the things he does do when he's on.  Just magical. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
An ah man on here say Messi left foot is just to keep him balanced.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney: Iniesta is the world's best
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 07:51:20 AM »
welcome back dinho we've missed ya :beermug:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 09:06:25 AM »
I posted that Pedro Goal/Xavi pass in another thread.

Some soldier named Shotta had the gall to say Barca lucky and trying to compare Fletcher to Xavi.

Anyhow look the link to the goal.
http://www.d1g.com/video/space/sports/show/?id=3480773

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2010, 09:14:21 AM »

Want to see that kinda performance more often & consistently.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »

Yuh lickrish  :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2010, 09:23:50 AM »

you haven't been watching serie A ball this season or what? Off the top of my head, I particularly remember the games he played against Catania, Sampdoria and Marseille in the CL as standouts but the improvement has been steady and he is not far off his peak imo.

Look at that third goal again.. the very quick foot shake and then a correct bullet.

that was as they would say, "straight out of the top shelf".

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »

you haven't been watching serie A ball this season or what? Off the top of my head, I particularly remember the games he played against Catania, Sampdoria and Marseille in the CL as standouts but the improvement has been steady and he is not far off his peak imo.

Look at that third goal again.. the very quick foot shake and then a correct bullet.

I've been watching quite a bit...steady improvement I agree... Not far off his peak? - not sure...I still think he has a ways to go.  The R10 that scored 2 solo runs in one game against Real Madrid, that cut back pull the carpet from under Maldini and the entire Milan defense and slap with the left up in the V in CL, toe p against Chelsea, bicycle kicks, scissors kicks, numerous free kicks, spannering, fanning, capping, running at and blowing by men at will with flicks, tricks and winning FIFA world player of the year 2wice is still in a different class to what we're seeing now.  His speed alone was night and day compared to now.  I'm not saying that it's realistic for him to be that player again...but let's be honest.  That last game this weekend was his best this season and probably the best he's had since he left Barca....and that was a satisfying flash of what we used to know.  The other games that you called up there smaller flashes.  The man is clearly enjoying his football again and it's natural/normal that people will start to rush the brush and say he's the R10 of old ...but he's not...at least not yet.  A part of me just wants to see more of that more consistently, and a part of me juss doh wanna blight the man before World Cup  lol  ;D...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:42:16 AM by kicker »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
I agree dinho, ronaldhino has been playing very well of late and he said he is better than he was at barca....it may not look that way but at barca he had better players around him which will make him look better and also the Serie A is a more physical league so he may not appear to be regain his previous barca form......Dunga hadda b mad not to carry him WC
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »

Wheeeeyyyyysss.

Andres Iniesta is ah boss....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
Ronaldinho has been gradually catching his form this season and now you're seeing that joy when he plays which you could've seen was missing earlier, to me he looked some what fraustrated. Now he's getting back to doing what he wants on the ball and steady attacking down the flank....all dem defenders could do is contain and foul, don't try to tackle cause yuh might set someting ;D

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »

I've been watching quite a bit...steady improvement I agree... Not far off his peak? - not sure...I still think he has a ways to go.  The R10 that scored 2 solo runs in one game against Real Madrid, that cut back pull the carpet from under Maldini and the entire Milan defense and slap with the left up in the V in CL, toe p against Chelsea, bicycle kicks, scissors kicks, numerous free kicks, spannering, fanning, capping, running at and blowing by men at will with flicks, tricks and winning FIFA world player of the year 2wice is still in a different class to what we're seeing now.  His speed alone was night and day compared to now.  I'm not saying that it's realistic for him to be that player again...but let's be honest.  That last game this weekend was his best this season and probably the best he's had since he left Barca....and that was a satisfying flash of what we used to know.  The other games that you called up there smaller flashes.  The man is clearly enjoying his football again and it's natural/normal that people will start to rush the brush and say he's the R10 of old ...but he's not...at least not yet.  A part of me just wants to see more of that more consistently, and a part of me juss doh wanna blight the man before World Cup  lol  ;D...

Feel you. But I watch every AC Milan game and the man has been playing this well for at least a month and a half. The big difference is that since Seedorf's injury AC Milan has been employing 2 defensive mids and pushing Pirlo more forward. The effect of this is 2-fold...more defensive cover for the attackers, and better service from Pirlo who has also rounded into his top form.
Add to that Antonini is 10x better than Zambrotta or Jankulovski and enjoys supplying Ronnie that ball on the left. Believe it or not Beckham has helped too, as no Pato means is only one ball-hog on the field and more opprotunities.

R80 might never regain that speed of old (which 30-year old does?), but his skill, vision and passion is right up there with the best of his Barca days.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:39:38 AM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010, 10:36:54 AM »

i hear you.. but i find i seeing it.. ah seeing men getting level spanner and fan.. he dishing out a mandatory 2 breed per game.. he getting up on de bike, just none eh gone in as yet.. everything going through him, close control on and men getting best ball right thru. Boriello only grinning right thru.

i eh looking for him to run through an italian defense like that because none of them top sides as porous as that Real Madrid defense was that get skin open with Helguera in de back. Italian defences lock up tighter than Spanish plus less of the ball is played on the floor (just ask Eto'o). Notably against Juventus he didnt have the freedom of the park even though he came away with a goal, so just the fact that he still lighting up like that to me is a credit.

will be interesting to see what he do in champs league and last half of the league. not backing milan, inter all the way but it makes for good entertainment.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »
Careful dis thread get merge into one from 3 years ago dat did say Ronaldinho in de title  8)

A little more on Dinho....

Early in de season....dinho used to try and go past man and was level BAT he was gettin.  I used to think to mehself...dinho in he heyday woulda never fail to beat a man so consistently.

But in de past month or so, ah realizin de man passin man like nutting now.  And de difference is de speed at which he movin wit de ball.

I feel it come down to 2 tings as de difference between early in de season and now

1 - FITNESS
2 - PLAYING TIME

Even when he was playin bad and was gettin ridicule by commentators and fans alike Leonardo keep playing him.  Great faith and WISDOM by coach Leonardo.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:07:45 AM by palos »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 05:43:39 AM »
Careful dis thread get merge into one from 3 years ago dat did say Ronaldinho in de title  8)

A little more on Dinho....

Early in de season....dinho used to try and go past man and was level BAT he was gettin.  I used to think to mehself...dinho in he heyday woulda never fail to beat a man so consistently.

But in de past month or so, ah realizin de man passin man like nutting now.  And de difference is de speed at which he movin wit de ball.

I feel it come down to 2 tings as de difference between early in de season and now

1 - FITNESS
2 - PLAYING TIME

Even when he was playin bad and was gettin ridicule by commentators and fans alike Leonardo keep playing him.  Great faith and WISDOM by coach Leonardo.

class is class ..form is temporary . Dinho was burned out ..too much football ..too little rest ...but you dont lose your skill ...just your desire and maybe some youth.
Dinho is now motivated to show the mocking pretenders that he is back to claim his place at the top of the heap ...all dem women and dem have to take ah side now ...nuff ah dat in de past ...
To a brazilian ..the world cup year is a serious time ...no time for skylark ...you will notice that dinho scored three but could have had more which he created with his bag of tricks.
so all of a sudden Pato is no longer de star at Milan and kaka is gone ...let me see Dunga keep him out now !

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »

In that Sampdoria game didnt he have 3 assists in 30 minutes of football and they took him off because he tweeked his hamstring and they needed him fresh for the wednesday CL game? that was a classic performance as well. this past weekend he looked brilliant too. right now he looking better than cr7 on current form. he almost in the same sentence with messi and xavi now. definitely he should be on that brazil squad before robinho on current form. to get sub on and sub off says alot! :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:32:08 AM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

1]; } ?>