April 16, 2024, 12:27:04 AM

Author Topic: Lawyers in fist fight over young attorney  (Read 2211 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lawyers in fist fight over young attorney
« on: May 29, 2009, 04:22:55 PM »
anybody hav names?? ah kno ppl hav names..!!..ah wa names!!

Published: 29 May 2009

The legal fraternity was abuzz yesterday, when news spread that two male lawyers came to blows over a young female attorney, shortly after midnight last Friday in Port-of-Spain. Yesterday, one of the combatants spoke to the T&T Guardian about the incident, in which he rained blows on his colleague, who sustained head, mouth and face injuries.

A report has been lodged at the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Port-of-Spain, and an Insp Edwards is conducting the investigations. It started when a lawyer who has strong connections to the ruling People’s National Movement (PNM), went on a lime with other lawyers at a bar on Ariapita Avenue, Woodbrook, last Friday night. There were several other lawyers there, including Law Association President Martin Daly, SC, and some of the attorneys who took part in the Uff Commission of Inquiry, which ended that same day.
The lawyer went with one of his juniors to the lime, leaving her boyfriend, another lawyer, to lime with his friends elsewhere. However, as time went by, the boyfriend became concerned for his girlfriend. She made a call on the boss’ cellphone, saying she was alright, and that she would meet him later to collect a key to his home. Hours went by and the boyfriend, who practises in the criminal courts, went in search of his girlfriend. He made calls to cellphones of his girlfriend and her boss, but there was no answer.
He decided to drive over to his girlfriend’s work place, and saw her car and also that of her boss parked on a street in Port-of-Spain, shortly before 2 am.

The boyfriend pressed the doorbell numerous times, but there was no answer. He also called the cellphones again, but there was no answer. “I did not know what to do. I walked down the street, across the next street, up the next street and came back. I pressed the bell again; no answer. I rang the phones, no answer,” he told the Guardian. As the boyfriend was about to give up, he noticed his girlfriend coming down the steps, seemingly in an intoxicated manner. She uttered certain words to him, forcing him to fly up the steps and confront the boss. He found the boss cleaning up the room. He beat the boss, who practises in the civil courts. “I was so mad, I wanted to throw him down the steps. What is wrong with these fellas?” he asked. The boyfriend and his girlfriend went to the CID and made a report.

While there, the boss turned up, suffering from injuries to his head, face and mouth. He, too, made a report. While there, a Senior Counsel and his brother-in-law arrived at the police station. However, up to last night, the female attorney had not given a formal statement to the police, as she is being legally advised by a senior lawyer. No charges have been laid against anyone, although the boss indicated that he wanted no police action. The boyfriend said he was not going to hide the incident. He spoke openly about it yesterday in the Hall of Justice. “If I have to repeat it one hundred times, I will do it,” he said.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2009/05/29/lawyers-fist-fight-over-young-attorney

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lawyers in fist fight over young attorney
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
De law is an ass and so ... never mind

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »
is de echo ah the horn does drive man crazy.  ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:56:47 PM »
is de echo ah the horn does drive man crazy.  ;D

Ducks doh echo so all yuh need to take d horn like water on a ducks back.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:06:29 AM »
This is just too damned funny... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »
Funny, the TV stations does import all them soap operas to entertain us all these years. We have enough material in TT to make plenty telenovelas for years to come.

Corbeaux

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

The legal fraternity was abuzz yesterday, when news spread that two male lawyers came to blows over a young female attorney, shortly after midnight last Friday in Port-of-Spain. Yesterday, one of the combatants spoke to the T&T Guardian about the incident, in which he rained blows on his colleague, who sustained head, mouth and face injuries.

A report has been lodged at the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Port-of-Spain, and an Insp Edwards is conducting the investigations. It started when a lawyer who has strong connections to the ruling People’s National Movement (PNM), went on a lime with other lawyers at a bar on Ariapita Avenue, Woodbrook, last Friday night. There were several other lawyers there, including Law Association President Martin Daly, SC, and some of the attorneys who took part in the Uff Commission of Inquiry, which ended that same day.
The lawyer went with one of his juniors to the lime, leaving her boyfriend, another lawyer, to lime with his friends elsewhere. However, as time went by, the boyfriend became concerned for his girlfriend. She made a call on the boss’ cellphone, saying she was alright, and that she would meet him later to collect a key to his home. Hours went by and the boyfriend, who practises in the criminal courts, went in search of his girlfriend. He made calls to cellphones of his girlfriend and her boss, but there was no answer.
He decided to drive over to his girlfriend’s work place, and saw her car and also that of her boss parked on a street in Port-of-Spain, shortly before 2 am.

The boyfriend pressed the doorbell numerous times, but there was no answer. He also called the cellphones again, but there was no answer. “I did not know what to do. I walked down the street, across the next street, up the next street and came back. I pressed the bell again; no answer. I rang the phones, no answer,” he told the Guardian. As the boyfriend was about to give up, he noticed his girlfriend coming down the steps, seemingly in an intoxicated manner. She uttered certain words to him, forcing him to fly up the steps and confront the boss. He found the boss cleaning up the room. He beat the boss, who practises in the civil courts. “I was so mad, I wanted to throw him down the steps. What is wrong with these fellas?” he asked. The boyfriend and his girlfriend went to the CID and made a report.

While there, the boss turned up, suffering from injuries to his head, face and mouth. He, too, made a report. While there, a Senior Counsel and his brother-in-law arrived at the police station. However, up to last night, the female attorney had not given a formal statement to the police, as she is being legally advised by a senior lawyer. No charges have been laid against anyone, although the boss indicated that he wanted no police action. The boyfriend said he was not going to hide the incident. He spoke openly about it yesterday in the Hall of Justice. “If I have to repeat it one hundred times, I will do it,” he said.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2009/05/29/lawyers-fist-fight-over-young-attorney
Ah hav names but it will cost yuh.  D horner man might get lockup 4 a while.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »

horner man it was the gyal who was cheating!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 03:02:25 PM »

U C if it walks like a duck ... But it is a swan dis tme
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
tripe article

Corbeaux

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

She wasn't cheating if yuh want meh to go into details ah need at least 2 grand, dat is classified information.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 07:16:24 AM »

She wasn't cheating if yuh want meh to go into details ah need at least 2 grand, dat is classified information.

How yuh taking payment, Mastercard, cash, linx, cheque??... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 04:03:46 PM »
Dat "classified information" devaluing every second.

1]; } ?>