April 29, 2024, 12:02:12 AM

Author Topic: Roy Keane target Carlos Edwards.  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Roy Keane target Carlos Edwards.
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:29 AM »
Town to launch triple Sunderland raid ?
By: Phil (ClubFanzine).

Town boss Roy Keane is set to make a triple signing from former club Sunderland, according to reports in a number of this morning’s tabloids. Defender Paul McShane, striker Daryl Murphy and winger Carlos Edwards are all said to be part of a planned £3 million raid.

New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, a close friend of Keane’s from their Manchester United days, is said to be ready to do the deal, having been confirmed as the new Black Cats boss yesterday.

McShane and Murphy have both previously been linked with the Blues this summer, while Edwards was reportedly watched by Town in 2004 during his time at Wrexham.

The Trinidad and Tobago international eventually moved on to Luton in 2005 on a free transfer, having joined Wrexham from Defence Force in his home country in 1999.

The 5ft 11in tall right-sided winger, who can also operate at full-back, joined Keane’s Sunderland for £1.5 million in January 2007.

Capped 71 times by his country, scoring three goals, Edwards’s first season at the Stadium of Light was hampered by a hamstring problem and then a broken leg. Those injuries have limited the 30-year-old’s Sunderland appearances to 36 starts and 19 games from the bench, yielding five goals.

Last season, Edwards, who is contracted to the Black Cats until 2010, spent a month on loan at Wolves, making five starts and one sub appearance but failing to score.

The midfielder, who played every minute of Trinidad and Tobago’s games at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, including their 2-0 defeat to England, is currently away with the Soca Warriors ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica on Saturday.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Roy Keane target Carlos Edwards.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:28:26 AM »
This is an interesting turn of events

:thinking:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »
Why Keane like Carlos so, next thing he go come fuh KJ and maybe call back Yorkie.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:49:28 AM »
"The 5ft 11in tall"

carlos growing still?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
Why Keane like Carlos so, next thing he go come fuh KJ and maybe call back Yorkie.  ;)

wonder if he will pay the 20M quid he self value KJ at ... but knowing how Keane like to spend, I wouldn't doubt it.

Yorkie have a chance for a 1 year contract because of the drop in standard of play - but the money will have to be good - and Keane might want him to officially hang up his international boots.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:28:16 AM »
That is not interesting in my part. Carlos needs to lift his game dribble inside and shoot to goal, once he start scoring more  goals he would not have these shit sides chasing after him.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:32:39 AM »
That is not interesting in my part. Carlos needs to lift his game dribble inside and shoot to goal, once he start scoring more  goals he would not have these shit sides chasing after him.

I agree and he can do it too but he haven't to bad he bout to hit 31 this year his chances are running out...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »
hear nah acb dat gif in u footer how long dat dey, u nearly gi mih are heart attack .......see wonder out loud "how d fuuck dat sour fly get inside my monitor ::) :-[
I pity the fool....

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
hear nah acb dat gif in u footer how long dat dey, u nearly gi mih are heart attack .......see wonder out loud "how d fuuck dat sour fly get inside my monitor ::) :-[

hahaha
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »

I always wonder why Carlos never take over the games more. He has the ability to do so, because of his ability to control and dribble. His shooting is another strength that he needs to be more of a threat with.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »
Keane agrees fee for duo.
By: Clubcall.

Ipswich boss Roy Keane could land Carlos Edwards and Daryl Murphy from Sunderland after admitting he has agreed a deal for two players.

Keane looks set to raid the Stadium of Light for winger Edwards and striker Murphy although he has also insisted he is not just looking at some of his former Black Cats stars.

Speaking after the 2-1 pre-season defeat at Finn Harps on Tuesday night, the Town chief said: "We have agreed a price with two players from a club I hope to meet in the next 48 hours, one of them is Irish.

"I've been linked with about 70 players since I took the job, they are two players that did very well for me at Sunderland. But it is difficult for us to get players out of the Premiership for lots of reasons and I can't keep coming back to the same players I had at Sunderland either."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »
Keane agrees fee for duo.
By: Clubcall.

Ipswich boss Roy Keane could land Carlos Edwards and Daryl Murphy from Sunderland after admitting he has agreed a deal for two players.

Keane looks set to raid the Stadium of Light for winger Edwards and striker Murphy although he has also insisted he is not just looking at some of his former Black Cats stars.

Speaking after the 2-1 pre-season defeat at Finn Harps on Tuesday night, the Town chief said: "We have agreed a price with two players from a club I hope to meet in the next 48 hours, one of them is Irish.

"I've been linked with about 70 players since I took the job, they are two players that did very well for me at Sunderland. But it is difficult for us to get players out of the Premiership for lots of reasons and I can't keep coming back to the same players I had at Sunderland either."
Conflicting reports on this. Some saying Carlos and Murphy. Some saying Whitehead and Murphy. I have a feeling is de former, though. Whitehead ain't going from starting regularly in the Prem to playing for some Championship team.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 06:01:44 AM »
Why go down?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »
Why go down?

If the side doh want you, you have little choice unlss you want to rot in the reserves in a World Cup year and colect money but lose confidence and playing time.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 06:57:55 AM »
I hope the move take place..cyah wait to see carlos light it up again  :beermug:  although moving down is a kinda bummer.

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Edwards Bid Accepted?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 04:11:16 AM »
Sunderland are yet to accept an offer from Town for Trinidad and Tobago international Carlos Edwards, according to reports on Wearside. The press in the North-East also claim Town are unlikely to be successful with their reported £7 million offer for four players.

While midfielder Grant Leadbitter is due for talks at Portman Road today after the clubs agreed a fee, the Black Cats have not yet accepted Town’s offer for Edwards, according to the latest reports in Sunderland.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=15169&title=edwards_bid_not_accepted
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:58:16 AM by jonny »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards Bid Not Accepted
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 04:18:35 AM »
If bruce bounce his head and sell edwards he will be sorry, BC carlos is now getting back to his usual self , and he also needs back up for that right wing mid position, that yute may not be able tuh hold down that spot by himself.

in any case ah hope carlos go to wolves, hull, stoke, burnley or portsmouth, and make some prem dollars instead of going back to the championship and make less paper. bruce is ah good manager, but he could be ah clueless dick as well.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline BlackCat

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards Bid Not Accepted
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 04:22:38 AM »
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has confirmed that Grant Leadbitter and Carlos Edwards are in talks with Ipswich.

As revealed by skysports.com on Wednesday, Ipswich have lined up a move for Leadbitter and Edwards after agreeing fees with Sunderland for the midfield duo.  Ipswich boss Roy Keane is determined to bolster his squad and is keen to be reunited with Leadbitter and Edwards having worked with the pair during his time in charge of the Stadium of Light.

Bruce said: "We have given both players permission to go and speak with Roy. "We'll see what develops after that."

However, he said he was not aware of suggestions that Ipswich were also interested in defender Nyron Nosworthy and striker Daryl Murphy.

Bruce also confirmed that defender Paul McShane has had a medical at Hull, where he spent the first half of last season on loan, with a view to completing a £2million permanent switch to the KC Stadium.

The Black Cats chief is believed to be in the market for a new defender, but he has ruled out a move for Portsmouth's Sylvain Distin because of the asking price for the Frenchman.

"There's nothing there. The valuation, in my opinion, is too high for somebody who is nearly 32-years-old," added Bruce.

Source:  http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5516561,00.html

I think the thread title may need altering!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:41:05 AM by BlackCat »

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards Bid Accepted?
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 04:59:11 AM »
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has confirmed that midfielder Carlos Edwards will join team-mate Grant Leadbitter for talks with Town. However, Bruce says he is unaware of any current Town interest in Nyron Nosworthy and Daryl Murphy.

Bruce says he has consented to the duo talking to Blues boss Roy Keane: "We have given both players permission to go and speak with Roy. We'll see what develops after that."

Reports in the North-East say that while a fee has been agreed for Leadbitter, talks between the clubs are still ongoing regarding Edwards but with a deal close.

www.twtd.co.uk

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Ipswich bid for Carlos
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 05:21:12 AM »
Ipswich move for Sunderland duo 

Leadbitter joined Sunderland as a 16-year-old
Ipswich Town are to hold talks with Sunderland midfielders Grant Leadbitter and Carlos Edwards about potential moves to Portman Road.

Black Cats manager Steve Bruce confirmed Roy Keane's Ipswich had been given permission to talk to the pair.

Leadbitter, 23, has made just two appearances for Sunderland this season while Edwards has appeared just once.

Keane is looking to bolster his squad after a poor start to their Championship campaign.

Matthew Buck of the Professional Footballers' Association, who represents Leadbitter, told the East Anglian Daily Times he was waiting for developments.

"We have been given permission to open talks with Ipswich. We're heading for talks now and will see what happens," he said.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 05:54:21 AM »
Kinda hoped Wolves atleast woulda wanted him really sucks to see him go back in the championship at this age... but better than taking bench at sunderland with a head coach who don't give a rats ass bout him well just to wait and see what happens now...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 06:21:04 AM »
That last game I see Carlos play vs Norwich, I don't think that he did anything to help his cause to keep him. This is a smaller side and his passing was 60-40 at best, he got burned on the side a couple times because of bad positioning, even when he had help.
I don't think he was placed in the RB position to succeed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zacariah United

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos to Ipswich
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
Sky Sports ticker showing that Sunderland has accepted a bid for Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbitter from Ipswich!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:30:58 AM by Zacariah United »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos to Ipswich
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »
Sky Sports ticker showing that Sunderland has accepted a bid for Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbetter from Ipswich!!!

Ah well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8225079.stm

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has revealed there could be transfer movement at the Stadium of Light before the end of the transfer window.

The Wearsiders have been linked with a number of players, with Lyon defender John Mensah tipped to sign imminently.

"We've got a few on the go - Mensah who we've spoken about. We've got irons in the fire," Bruce told BBC Newcastle.

"I'm reluctant to talk about individuals because it's disrespectful to the opposing teams."

The close of the transfer window comes on Tuesday, 1 September, as the deadline is extended to cope with the bank holiday.

And Bruce admitted the end of the transfer period will come as a relief to him and his fellow managers.

"I'll be absolutely delighted to see the end of it, the quicker they scrap the whole thing the better," Bruce added.

"It's inevitable that there will be comings and goings that's for sure, but how many we'll wait and see.

"I didn't envisage that I would be so busy, but we've had offers for Grant (Leadbitter) and Carlos (Edwards) from Ipswich which we've accepted, but I'm not going to leave the squad short."
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Ipswich in talks with Sunderland duo Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbitter
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »
Ipswich in talks with Sunderland duo Carlos Edwards and Grant Leadbitter

27 Aug 2009 - 09:49:42

Former Sunderland manager Roy Keane, now in charge at Portman Road, has made a joint bid to recruit the two men after a dreadful start to his side's Championship campaign.
Four games into the new season and Ipswich are struggling at the wrong end of the table.
 Related ArticlesFerguson's Posh down Keane's TownKeane's men have picked up just one point after losing to Coventry, Crystal Palace and West Brom and managing a goalless draw with Leicester City.
Ipswich also crashed out of the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, losing 2-1 to Peterborough, and so Keane has turned to the core players who helped him achieve promotion while Sunderland manager, but are now considered surplus to requirements at the Stadium of Light.
Leadbitter, a product of Sunderland's Academy, has played only a peripheral role so far this season following the summer arrivals of Lee Cattermole and Lorik Cana.
Trinidad and Tobago international winger Edwards, who was signed by Keane from Luton for £1.4m in Jan 2007, played a major part in the club's promotion campaign that season, but has been unable to command a regular place in the starting line-up in the Premier League.
Bruce said: "We have given both players permission to go and speak with Roy. We'll see what develops after that."
Bruce also confirmed that defender Paul McShane has had a medical at Hull, where he spent the first half of last season on loan, with a view to completing a £2 million permanent switch to the KC Stadium.
However, he said he was not aware of suggestions that Ipswich were also interested in defender Nyron Nosworthy and striker Daryl Murphy.

http://www.football.co.uk/sunderland/ipswich_in_talks_with_sunderland_duo_carlos_edwards_and_grant_leadbitter_rss188427.shtml
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
Well Carlos getting regular sweat will be good for us.

I sorry for him though, he never get a chance to prove himself in the big leagues. Hopefully Keano could do it again and take a side from second to last after 3 games to promotion. At least Carlos should have a 2 decent years ahead of him to do something in the EPL...it will be too late for a big transfer to a big club though.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>