April 28, 2024, 02:50:43 AM

Author Topic: USA vs Honduras  (Read 5987 times)

Re: USA vs Honduras
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »
i think this is a good thing for us as that means Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador wouldn't be to far from us...

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:31 PM »
i think this is a good thing for us as that means Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador wouldn't be to far from us...
Yep.

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »

yea. we have to play for 3rd and 4th spot

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
game done, but
US stays behind CRC in points

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • RVR guitarist
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »

yea. we have to play for 3rd and 4th spot

at least we getting somewhere... at least there r finally some positives to take from a game

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »
TnT, Brazil and USA...dem is my team in football, so it is really amusing to see men comments bout US (everybody entitled to dey opinion though), I glad dey shut up dem blasted Honduran dem in friggin Soldier Field.

so men rather all dem central american team over USA? why exactly? is it just de US football team, or is it America on de whole? ah doh normally ask dem kinda question eh, but reading some men post make meh wonder.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »
TnT, Brazil and USA...dem is my team in football, so it is really amusing to see men comments bout US (everybody entitled to dey opinion though), I glad dey shut up dem blasted Honduran dem in friggin Soldier Field.

so men rather all dem central american team over USA? why exactly? is it just de US football team, or is it America on de whole? ah doh normally ask dem kinda question eh, but reading some men post make meh wonder.

for me is the US Football Team because of Nov 19th 1989. That, and the condesceding nature of the players involved and people surrounding their program.

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
I live in the US so if they not affecting our outcome i does want them to win but i just hate how americans big up the team sometimes alot of ppl here don't appreciate football and think america is the best thing since slice bread so they should be beating ppl left right and center and sometimes i does be glad when they are proven otherwise thats all but overall i don't mind the US winning games...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:52:26 PM by Trinidogg »

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »
I live in the US so if they not affection our outcome i does want them to win but i just hate how americans big up the team sometimes alot of ppl here don't appreciate football and think america is the best thing since slice bread so they should be beating ppl left right and center and sometimes i does be glad when they are proven otherwise thats all but overall i don't mind the US winning games...
I guess this sums me up. I don't appreciate some of their fans, but I have no problem with their team. As long as they ain't affecting us, I wish them success til they get too cocky.

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
lawd, these male American caucasians singing outta time, beating riddim outta time and holding up a huge WC trophy replica like if they win the trophy, or will ever win it for that matter.

.... and we does rain fire and brimstone on waggonist ... ah go take waggonist over dat kinda support any day.

how old you is breds? lemme get dis straight, white american males with no timing, and outta time? really? since i know meself i know dat, yuh know seeing dem jumping up outta time for carnival an ting, but thanks for dat insight....you feel Birchall and dem care if we in-time or outta-time? eh eh, just as long as we SUPPORTING..look lemme stop eh, ah done vex we lost and to come and read dis set ah cacholeness...i gone, yu know what, you right, dey outta time, dey shouldn't make a replica WC trophy, dat is not real support.  

US rebounds to beat Honduras 2-1
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »
US rebounds to beat Honduras 2-1

Carlos Bocanegra scored on a diving header off Landon Donovan’s corner kick in the 68th minute, and the United States rallied to beat Honduras 2-1 in a World Cup qualifier Saturday night.

Coming off a 3-1 loss at Costa Rica on Wednesday, the United States fell behind when Carlos Costly scored in the fifth minute. Donovan, the best U.S. player throughout the match, tied the score with a penalty kick in the 43rd minute after a needless handball by Mario Besta.

Donovan then started the play for the go-ahead goal with a corner kick that was headed down by Clint Dempsey, who outjumped Hendry Thomas. Bocanegra charged in and, horizontal to the field, headed it in from about 3 yards for his 11th international goal.

(continue)

Re: US rebounds to beat Honduras 2-1
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 09:05:32 PM »

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
Can't stand the bastards but this is better for T&T so...

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »

Did u hear El Salvador beat Mexico?

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »

Did u hear El Salvador beat Mexico?
Yes E.S. won 2-1....that's actually good for us to be honest.  We still have to play both Mexico and El Salvador at home....

Offline Peter

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »

I agree.cosign

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 06:03:10 AM »
U.S. shows grit in comeback against Honduras

World Cup qualifying was supposed to be a mere formality for the United States, but reality is proving to be something very different. The Americans continued to make life hard for themselves in Saturday's match against Honduras, yet they took a major step towards qualification with a vital 2-1 victory over the Catrachos.

It was a victory borne of grit, guts, and just about any other adjective that is code for an ugly win. Yet the Americans will take it just the same, notching their first comeback victory in qualifying since a 2-1 win over Trinidad & Tobago back in 1985.

Just like in Wednesday's loss to Costa Rica, the U.S. endured another shocking start to the match. On this occasion, Clint Dempsey was stripped of the ball in his own half by Wilson Palacios in the fifth minute, and Palacios' feed to Carlos Costly found his teammate in enough space to lash home his shot past Tim Howard. It was a goal that sent the largely pro-Honduran crowd into rapture, and plunged the U.S. into serious self-doubt.

(continue)

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
Anyone believe in Match fixing?

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »

I do.

And I want to know just how much the Trini defenders received for standing and watching like statues on Costa Rica's winning goal.

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

I do.

And I want to know just how much the Trini defenders received for standing and watching like statues on Costa Rica's winning goal.

Given how the power structure works in these matters, they probably received far less than the officials from yesterdays usa-Hunduras game.

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »

I do.

Given how the power structure works in these matters, they probably received far less than the officials from yesterdays usa-Hunduras game.

I watch the USA V Honduras game and Honduras players by far better than every single players on the USA team. Imagine the defender taking ball down on they chest in the box and passing out of trouble. Honduras ball move,ent and off the ball movements was amazing, it reminded me of the video someone posted of the Brazilian 1982 team. However when is time to play a simple 5-10 yards pass they giving it straight to the Americans. They never looked bothered by the score and there was never (as far as I saw) an emergency for them.

Now Zeppo I not saying that it is , but it was really funny how they could pla so intricately and then canot make a pass with no pressuer. It just funny to me.