March 28, 2024, 05:17:01 PM

Author Topic: Which player has something to prove?  (Read 7582 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Which player has something to prove?
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »
Who do alyuh think have something to prove for this upcoming T&T vs Costa Rica game and why.

Would you say Latas or maybe Yorke because the game is in his home town? Does KJ need to prove that he is the real deal or does Jason Scottland show that he means business, as now coming off a great season with his club?

Will Brichall show us and his new club that he can regain his form and score like he did against Bahrain to take us to another WC. Will newly added pro-league players, step up to the plate now given an opportunity to represent the county? Or would you say…Hyland, Keon, Carlos, Avery or even Cornell after his relegation. What about newly reinstated Collin Samuel or Dog.

Post your thoughts on here let us hear what you have to say...
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Which player has something to prove?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »
1 - Yorke
2 - Theobald
3 - Baptiste
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
All of them- They owe us a good performance. Those whom we say have potential - like The young ones must actualize it on Saturday. Those who are playing for big clubs must score for us. And those who want to represent the REd/ White/ Black must play with passion and Imagination.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »
All of them- They owe us a good performance. Those whom we say have potential - like The young ones must actualize it on Saturday. Those who are playing for big clubs must score for us. And those who want to represent the REd/ White/ Black must play with passion and Imagination.
TRUE TALK all of them have to proform they owe us big time

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
The whole stinkin side ... its time to putup and show some gutts... and win ah friggin game. If not.... presha

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
I will say KJ, since his injury from the England game he has yet to prove his worth to this country and its fans, with his ability to score goals. Another player I would say is Keon Daniels is another; he has not recently showed us that he can be the player that most of us know he can be.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »
My boi DOGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:27:38 PM »
Theobald has something to prove . He needs to show he can track back and stop jogging behind the opposing attack .
KJ , playing like mentally he still injured .

One player have nothing to prove is Glen. He is our wayne rooney , tireless , willing and never complains. Give the man a sweat !!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »
all a dem!!!!!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »
Theobald has something to prove . He needs to show he can track back and stop jogging behind the opposing attack .

One player have nothing to prove is Glen. He is our wayne rooney , tireless , willing and never complains. Give the man a sweat !!!

How is that, have Glen scored in big games for us resently?  ???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37:41 PM »

Yuh cyah score if yuh doh get pick right?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 12:45:59 PM »
yeah
ALL AH DEM
and by them doin that we go geh 3 of the best
watch comments now ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:50:15 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 12:47:02 PM »
Dog going to score d opening goal with a trademark header from a free kick in the first 15 minutes. You heard it first here!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »

How much games he ent play???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »

Seein dat is YOU mention BIG Games....

He didn't start against Guatemala in Guatemala...came on in de 46th minute (after cyd red card)

He was dropped against USA in Trinidad

He was dropped against Cuba in Trinidad

He didn't start against El Salvador...came on in de 77th minute

He get drop for de Honduras and USA games (never mind he score in every match for T&T on de Argentina tour before El Salvador and again in de friendly match prior to de Honduras match)

So which BIG Matches recently he did get an opportunity to play in so he could score?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »
The whole stinkin side ... its time to putup and show some gutts... and win ah friggin game. If not.... presha

Real Talk!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »

He didn't start against Guatemala in Guatemala...came on in de 46th minute (after cyd red card)

He get drop for de Honduras and USA games (never mind he score in every match for T&T on de Argentina tour before El Salvador and again in de friendly match prior to de Honduras match)

So which BIG Matches recently he did get an opportunity to play in so he could score?

Sweden 10/06/06
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

Sweden 10/06/06

Even dat he didn't start.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »

De highlighted two above plus ah couple more games. I don't have a problem with Glenn just that he needs to score more goals to prove his worth. I know he have speed and could beat etc etc. So score more goals fuh me please and I go be happy like pappy.  :)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »

De highlighted two above plus ah couple more games. I don't have a problem with Glenn just that he needs to score more goals to prove his worth. I know he have speed and could beat etc etc. So score more goals fuh me please and I go be happy like pappy.  :)

well is not like the big stars like Scotty and KJ scoring a whole lot of goals ... or any goals fro that matter, and the players who actually score can't get a sweat infront of dem.

If anything, KJ and Scotty should be the ones who have to prove their worth to the team. Starboy attitude have dem feeling like TT Football owe dem something, when they ain't do sh!t for TT Football yet.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »
Ah will start wid de general and den ah will say two other players.

Latapy - I guess he is not playing, so fuh now he wouldn't be considered a player. However, his coaching tactics, I believe we are all anxious to see de brand of ball, dat T&T will be playing on Saturday.

Yorke - I believe dat is de biggest game dat will be played on Yorke's stadium. I think he don't have any thing to prove, he is a general fuh sure. However, I do feel dat he owe de people from Tobago a great performance, cuz dis might be last time dey will see him play in a T&T uniform in Tobago.

KJ - Not much to say here, cuz he is in de EPL and is rated highly by a few top coaches. He does a good job in de EPL, but is too lazy in a T&T uniform. Jones, I'm one of your biggest supporters, but my country come first my yute, so ah have to say it as it is.. I'm sure all of T&T love you as a player, but please step it up and put T&T on your back and carry us. You have de ability and experience, is just dat effort yuh missing breddah. Bless. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:19:55 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »
All a dem!!!!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »
No, they don't owe us shit. You all see the crap we call "support" that goes on in the Hasely Crawford Stadium?

I think the team would be more successful if they had no home matches, and all were away. I remember hearing Stern(yes, the intensely loyal and patriotic Stern that these "deserving" supporters lambaste and deride at every opportunity) say in an interview that they play better away than at home, and all I could do was shake my head in shame.

Very good and relevant topic though, I think many have something to prove as I think about it. Much more than usual.

To mention just two:

1) Kenwyne Jones: would want to show why he plays in the best league and show that he is a top striker, which obviously means that he should be dominant in this Concacaf region. He's also gotten back into decent form nearing the end of the EPL season.

2.) Carlos Edwards: Wants to stay in the EPL, so would want to show Sunderland that they should take another look at him and think twice before letting him out the door in their planned clear out. That damn ungrateful shit-side might want to let the man go after he brought them up from the championship, and just had misfortune with injury derail his prem impact. He's better than almost all the players on that shit side.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 03:01:17 PM »
Peter,
           It make no sense not having not games. Only Mexico, and Elsalvador can play almost anywhere in the US and it is a home game for them.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:12 PM »
Peter,
           It make no sense not having not games. Only Mexico, and Elsalvador can play almost anywhere in the US and it is a home game for them.

nah i'm not saying that, i'm just saying that with the "support" the team gets, we have no so called "home advantage." In fact, they probably play better away from home because of this, and Stern confirmed it with his alarming comment. So because of this, we'll would probably do better if all our matches were away- away from the poisonous impact that is our "home support" for the most part. most of the times anyways, not always. hopefully, the game being in Tobago will make a difference. I feel that's a big part of the reason they decided to have the game in Tobago and in the lower capacity Dwight Yorke Stadium.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
I feel we go beat CR, if we play an uptempo game. Don't sit back. We go be asking for trouble.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 03:20:01 PM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA

lol, I agree. I like how you does just come in randomly and post that one line, like that's all it comes down to through all the talk, lol.

WE BEATING COSTA RICA.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
All bullshit aside, the TEAM need to prove that they deserve to go South Africa, so the answer is all ah flickin dem.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
ALLYUH TALK 4-4-2 AND 4-5-1 AND WING BACK AND TING

WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>