March 28, 2024, 04:38:21 AM

Author Topic: National Senior Track and Field Championship  (Read 3684 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National Senior Track and Field Championship
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
With just fifteen days left , they are some cause for concern before the championship begins. First concern is Darrel , is he fit , becuase he is even missing the prefontaine classic , which is a meet sanctioned by his sponsor which I think is mandatory to participate in once fit. Secondly the form of Richard Thompson ,will he be at his best for the championship or are we going to witness substandard performances. Thirdly Keston Bledman 10.52 opening , he has fourteen days to turn that form around , that time is really poor by any standard and a athlete of his calibre should not be performing in that manner. Also Janiel bellile , Stan Waithe , Aleesha Barber has not heard or seen anything of them for the season, are all our athletes first opening going to be the national champonship , so thereby it shows that the national championship is not really taken too serious as most of our athletes will be far from their best as they are now opening their season.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Senior Track and Field Championship
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:34 PM »
Is Trinidad after the Olympics the golden bolden promise change communication and not one fart happen
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:21:47 AM »
Ketch yuh blasted self. The partnership never happened and I am not part of the NAAA
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »
Ketch yuh blasted self. The partnership never happened and I am not part of the NAAA
and who fault was that now!!!! i wonder ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:01:20 AM »
Well, if I am approached to do something, I lay out the plan and the powers that be don't approve the plan, that is whose fault? You clearly not serious. Blame me for whatever it is I am to be blamed for this week, but this I find is a huge reach.  Get some facts before you make a further ass of yourself.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:38:39 AM »
Time for a better topic Ato , that argument is useless, lack of information is all that I can say. Noiw on to a better topic , Ato I taking your bet on carmelita jeter winning the 100m at worlds , I might even go on to say that she will not make the individual 100m event . Yes she is winnind at the moment but at the us trials u have athletes like lauren williams who always pull out something from the bag and you are stunned because she was running crap all year long before that.
As for Trinidad trials who do you think will win the 100m men, Can anyone name the top six positions ( DB , MB, RT , KB, EC, RS ) that is how i think the trials will finish and on the women side i think it will be (KB,SH, FA, RT,SS, NC).

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »
jusbless i have to differ with you there, i don't think DB can come back after that long layoff and win these champs and judging by his teammates performances ASWELL not looking good at all. However he has a slim chance because neither RT or MB are in killer form either so... I have say i am liking how MB is starting in his last 2 races but the end of his race seems to be lacking but i hope it will come along. If Rondell Sorillo is running good I think he can pull off a surprise medal but not too sure but definitely 4th place for him.
The women's side the first two yes but are you sure about Fana? Even though i glad to see her back, third is asking much. I really don't think Reyare Thomas or Sasha Springer would cut it either-where have they been? what times have they run so far this season? Have they run this season? Nandelle Cameron I think if she is running as well as she has been will beat those two ladies. Since Ayanna Hutchinson runs so well home I think it will be the same ladies in the top three from last year. I could be very wrong though so we just have to see.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 09:47:51 AM »
I know some of my predictions would cause a little stir but I chose brown because I have always been a brown supporter and I think his camp knows something that we dont know opening up in national seniors, it is either he is healthy or he is not , but I am hoping he is healthy and seeing that he usually starts his season with a fast start that is why i choose him to win , plus for the first time he has no real pressure on his back as he is no longer the ranked favorite but he has something most trinidaians have and that is bad mind and i think he will want to prove a point to the trinidad public that he is the one to beat. As for fana why i chose fana was because I heard epphraim serrette said she is back and it will no longer be a race between kellyann and samoy , I am going on the premise that he knows something I dont know and i give her the unknown edge someone can not lose all that speed so quickly so my money is on her to run about 11.15 and I dont see ayanna or the others catching her at that time , plus the dark horse is lee ahye if she does choose to particpate with the seniors

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:05:13 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jeter not making the US team - well that there tells me what you are working with. You must be insane. BTW because Williams has surprised me once or twice, don't get carried away like suddenly I don't get these events right 99% of the time from top to bottom.

I did in Osaka (when most were picking Asafa) and I did in Beijing (200WR ring a bell?), so if you want to try for Berlin, then let's go. 3 people aren't beating Jeter in Berlin, and no one will beat her in Eugene at the US trials. Muna Lee will get closest.

As for the change of topic I was off it until 2010 became a troll on the subject.

As far as Darrel there is concern that he does not have an entry time for Nationals and therefore can't run under the new system where the top 24 times or so are taken and that's it. Dunno what the status is - I know he ran a 10.6 in Jamaica somewhere recently which won't make the cut either.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:09:04 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:17:37 AM »
The good thing about it is that in two weeks we shall see the results and as for berlin,we shall see , time will tell probably this is just the 1% time that you got it wrong.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
Not in the 100. Usually in the 400s which I am not as keen on.

Last races I got wrong were Sanya Richards and Wariner winning in Beijing . You clearly are seeing something different if you can't tell Jeter will win US trials.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »
If it was a one off race I would give her the title but when it comes running through the rounds and producing in the finals I think she will not perform as you expect. Jeter did not even get through the rounds . she started off quickly with a 10.97 in the quarterfinals what happened to her after , So i think you need to check your facts she has always run individual races well but has not produce when it comes to running through the rounds . Check last year result and tell me if you still have the same view point.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 12:21:28 PM »
I and no one else picked her last year, did I, so how is that relevant?

"has not produce when it comes to running through the rounds"  :rotfl:

Check the Osaka '07 results, since you worry about "how she does with rounds". SHE ALREADY has made a USA worlds team and won a world championship 100m medal. You don't get those with out being able to run rounds!

If you want to hold her not making the US team at trials last year then hold Lauryn Williams failure to get a medal there as well. You can't win them all.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:24:42 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
I give you that she perfomed in 2007 but I doubt that she will be able to do that again this year . In a week time we will see whose prediction come true . Do you care to predict the winners of the events in our national championship .

1]; } ?>