April 24, 2024, 05:39:11 PM

Author Topic: Shake-up in Under-20 team’s technical staff  (Read 6637 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Shake-up in Under-20 team’s technical staff
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
Shake-up in Under-20 team’s technical staff.
By: Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday).

WITH ONLY three months to go before the start of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt, there has been a shake-up in the coaching staff.

The only survivors are coach Zoran Vranes, assistant coach Hutson Charles and manager Chris De Silva.

Those booted out are physiotherapist Otis Hislop, assistant manager Carl Joseph, equipment manager Irvin Thomas, goalkeeper coach Jefferson George and trainer Ashton Mills.

And Anton Corneal has been drafted in as assistant coach.

They all received letters from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) on Tuesday informing them that their services were no longer needed.

One of the fired officials who requested anonymity explained that no reason was given for their dismissals.

He described the situation as “extremely bad” as it comes so close to the start of the World Cup. The Trinidad and Tobago Under-20s have been drawn in Group “A” with hosts Egypt, Paraguay and Italy.

They will open their campaign against Egypt on September 24 before taking on the Italians on September 28.

The Young Soca Warriors will, on October 1, complete the preliminary rounds of matches with an encounter with South Americans Paraguay.

Yesterday Oliver Camps, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) said that adjustments were required by coach Vranes hence the shake-up in the Under-20 staff.

The Yugoslavian born coach is currently in the sister-isle of Tobago, as an assistant coach with the senior national team preparing to face Costa Rica in a crucial World Cup Qualifier tomorrow at the Dwight Yorke Stadium.

Newsday learnt that the Under-20 team now trains without the intensity it should exhibit because there is no trainer and physiotherapist.

It was also revealed that Vranes, a former Joe Public coach allegedly had a fall-out with goalkeeper coach George while the team was on a recent tour of Nigeria.

Newsday was also reliably informed that Vranes attempted to intervene during a training session conducted by George but was rebuffed.

Some members of the technical staff are also confused about the appointment of Anton Corneal, coach of the recent unsuccessful Under- 17 football team in Mexico, to the technical staff as assistant coach.

The team trains five times a week at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva and is expected to leave on another overseas international warm-up tournament soon.

Another affected official expressed disappointment at the decision by the football federation. “This is not good at all, at least at this point in time.”

Camps could not give details on who will be replacing the sacked members but issued the assurance that it will be done when he and other members of the football federation return from the current FIFA Congress in the Bahamas.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shake-up in Under-20 team’s technical staff
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »
Well it look like dey jus gone and blight de u-20 team.  How did Anton Corneal get to become de assistant after de shit he jus do wid de u-17 team.  Once again de TTFF have me scratchin meh head.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:42:44 AM »
WHAT!! flippin Anton Corneal AGAIN!!!  ???

Man, if I could get wuk like him ah wouldn't have ah care in the world. What he doing tuh get luv up by the TTFF so?

>:(

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »
sigh
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 04:11:13 AM »
I don't understaand the logic of the TTFA a lot of times. With all the different coaches in T&T how is it that Anton Corneal and Vranes gets all the jobs to coach these teams? Every year seem to be the same people over and over.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 04:37:11 AM »
I am convince. Jack owes Alvin Corneal a big favor because there is no way Anton should be around our teams.

Zorvan Vranes days are numbered.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 05:51:38 AM »
Shake-up in Under-20 team’s technical staff.
By: Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday).

Newsday learnt that the Under-20 team now trains without the intensity it should exhibit because there is no trainer and physiotherapist.

nothing cannot run smooth in the ttff ... and corneal oh lord !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 05:54:52 AM »
WHAT!! flippin Anton Corneal AGAIN!!!  ???

Man, if I could get wuk like him ah wouldn't have ah care in the world. What he doing tuh get luv up by the TTFF so?

>:(

Knee pads.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 06:06:42 AM »
Anton Corneal....the man is a waste!!!!
Blaming the players for his shortcommings!!!
R.I.P U20!!!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 06:34:39 AM »
After that embarassing show in Mexico?  Nice way to reward a coach for doing sh*t...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 06:36:14 AM »
steups!! anton like fackin salt when it comes to t&t football. he always in everything. steups!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 06:54:33 AM »
this is ah real joke and its sad that the youth program has to suffer for big people stupidity!!! no wonder our football program is in the toilet and we does be struggling campaign after campaign to do wat we supposed to be doing and beating these teams in concacaf. no wonder dwight and latas go be playing til they 50 cause TTFF killing we youth football!!! this is a total disgrace....
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 06:58:39 AM »
this smells rotten....makes no sense that a technical staff that has been havin so much success should be replaced jus before the world cup that they earned qualification for..to be replaced by a coach who miserably failed to accomplish the same feat......smells like fish in the TTFF again....i hope the players (who suppose to matter the most to TTFF but don't) hold dem head and continue them good work some how....Vranes under pressure now...geez boy TTFF allyuh really doh care bout we football nah...cyah see nottin goin good, have to put allyuh  hand in it
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 07:01:17 AM »
in a situation like this, the solution is simple

Jack run tings
Jack run tings
Jack run tings
Jack run tings
Jack run tings
ok ah good for ah next 24 hours
 :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »
Peeps here does tell me i talking shyt when i say certain things on this forum,nothing going on here surprises me because it happened to me,is the same people in control,is there way of doing and dealing with situations,if you all don't see a pattern over the years you all blind,show me a Coach in T&T that have never coached a national team wheather it's Snr,Youth,Women,may be Rangers Coach Anthony Streets.

Technical staff,Coaches/Trainers etc are used and abused in T&T,players have been fighting for their sanity though it's not what it should be,but these officials are poppets because they are surviving day to day,they always have to tow the line else this is what happens.Keep blaming the Corneals for everything,the reason they are always involved is because they play the game the TTFF wants them to play.

This is not a shake-up,this is a mash-up,don't be surprised,it's T&T Football,plenty drama always on the edge of your seats,always looking forward to the next episode,Latas boy hold tight ah hear yu strong and could stand up to them,may be you are the answer.  

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »
Peeps here does tell me i talking shyt when i say certain things on this forum,nothing going on here surprises me because it happened to me,is the same people in control,is there way of doing and dealing with situations,if you all don't see a pattern over the years you all blind,show me a Coach in T&T that have never coached a national team wheather it's Snr,Youth,Women,may be Rangers Coach Anthony Streets.

Technical staff,Coaches/Trainers etc are used and abused in T&T,players have been fighting for their sanity though it's not what it should be,but these officials are poppets because they are surviving day to day,they always have to tow the line else this is what happens.Keep blaming the Corneals for everything,the reason they are always involved is because they play the game the TTFF wants them to play.

This is not a shake-up,this is a mash-up,don't be surprised,it's T&T Football,plenty drama always on the edge of your seats,always looking forward to the next episode,Latas boy hold tight ah hear yu strong and could stand up to them,may be you are the answer.  

coops at this point i just hope he doesnt become a victim to the jackassness of the TTFF!!!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »

coops at this point i just hope he doesnt become a victim to the jackassness of the TTFF!!!  :beermug:
historically MANY people have been treated VERY BADLY :-[ :-[
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 08:05:25 AM »
how in de world yuh could jump from the embarrassment in Mexico to de U20s...and expect to be respected, dis might be bad to say eh but dem fellahs have as much belly as dem man who does be shooting people in dey head and standing up over dem and pumping more into dem to finish dem off....how dem fellahs could really live wid deyself...watch how he go weasel he way back into de senior team once we qualify for the WC eh.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:12:23 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
d ttff fire dem fellas and dem and put cornmeal dey.

i have a question. who elects ttff officials? men like d brain, oliver gumps, dick greedy, and all the other unknowns dat yuh never hear about but getting rich, to posiitions in d ttfeeblefederation, because if i am not mistaken saddam hussein had a similar way of running elections in iraq where nobody else dare not oppose him and he wins 100% of the votes every time, every time manny. how does it work?

dais d plan to advance d game in tnt for the next 5 years?

WOW!!!!!!!!
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 08:58:57 AM »
Unless we as fans find some way to get these scoundrels like Jack and Camps out of office we football will not advance.  I use to think that we just have to endure until Jack and Camps dead but it suddenly dawn on me that Jack go probably install one ah he sons to take over de TTFF before he dead.  I don't think there is any football federation in the world that is run as bad as ours.

And, Anton Corneal doh even have ah lil shame to decline de job?  De man just destroy a whole group of footballers in Mexico dey go look to put him around de one group of players that showing some promise for the future. 

Anton Corneal if yuh read this ah hope yuh know yuh is a f**kin blight, ah shithong wid ah capital S.  Stay away from T&T football please.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:56 AM »
Unless we as fans find some way to get these scoundrels like Jack and Camps out of office we football will not advance.  I use to think that we just have to endure until Jack and Camps dead but it suddenly dawn on me that Jack go probably install one ah he sons to take over de TTFF before he dead. 

dat is scary. i was visioning d same thing d other day, when it dawned on me, trinidadtobagofeeblefederation is actually a family earloom.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 09:09:25 AM »
Thank you for bringing that to light Mr. Alibey. I was hoping to travel to Egypt in September, but I'l put that on hold for now.

If Corneal had any piece of integrity left he would have refused this appointment and take some more time to reflect over that disastrous campaign and its aftermath.  

This coach now have a nex big job and where the U-17 players? What TTFF doing for that team? That team should be getting opportunity, instead 'our' federation still looking out for the same coach who already get chance after chance after chance. They abandon a whole team but give their failed coach a big wuk.

The U-20 team could be strengthened by the addition of certain U-17 players, doh expect Corneal to put aside his personal feelings for the good of the team.

Sub1 yuh was right all along boss.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 09:21:59 AM »
The message sent is a unique one. The members of the staff who are not responsible for making coaching decisions (outside of the GK coached)were deemed unfit to be a part of the staff. This is surely a change from what should have take place. Only in Trini boy! only in Trini!
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
STEUPS!!!!!!

Anton is like a fvkin virus!
Hart for president

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 10:10:47 AM »
Check and see how many personel from the Technical staff,officials that accompanied the team (WC contingent) from the last WC are involved or around this or our present Snr team,they are all gone,i'm sure a lot of knowledge and experience was gained by those people but they were discarded,i was told by reliable sourses Benie had a well oiled machine and everybody had their share of work cut out for them,it was not a matter of making a trip,you had to work they were all pieces of the puzzle.  

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »
Don't only focus on Corneal alone nah....like ah say already, Vranes done take this team as far as I could take them.  I really this team training whole week in ABS...I thought was some church league team oui.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
Don't only focus on Corneal alone nah....like ah say already, Vranes done take this team as far as I could take them.  I really this team training whole week in ABS...I thought was some church league team oui.

You eh read where they say there is no athletic trainers so the intensity in practice have to be low. YOu don't want the players to get injured and no trained medical staff on site. Read the article again nah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
Sometimes a coach can improve from his mistakes. Maybe Anton has learned something from his previous coaching failures and might be able to offer some coaching knowledge that can help the U20 team.

But, if coaching was not meant to be your thing it's like trying to "spin a top in mud"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:49 AM »
Sometimes a coach can improve from his mistakes. Maybe Anton has learned something from his previous coaching failures and might be able to offer some coaching knowledge that can help the U20 team.But, if coaching was not meant to be your thing it's like trying to "spin a top in mud"

The amount of chances he already get, if he was learning something the team would not have lost 7-0 to Mexico and ended up with a 13-0 record. But the pertinent question as Fenwick alluded to was...how come is only he getting chance after chance after chance ad nauseum?

Consider the disparity between the U-20s and the U-17s. Look at their performance against COCACAF opponents. Now tell why we want Corneal as coach again?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »
Sometimes a coach can improve from his mistakes. Maybe Anton has learned something from his previous coaching failures and might be able to offer some coaching knowledge that can help the U20 team.

But, if coaching was not meant to be your thing it's like trying to "spin a top in mud"

Why should he learn? People only learn when there is a reason to and he does not have a reason to learn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>