April 29, 2024, 04:10:49 AM

Author Topic: T&TFF targets UK-born Zamora, Samuel again  (Read 9668 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
T&TFF targets UK-born Zamora, Samuel again
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »
T&TFF targets UK-born Zamora, Samuel again.
T&T Guardian reports.

The T&T Football Federation is looking at the prospect of going after English-born players, striker Bobby Zamora of Fulham and Bolton Wanderers left back, Jlloyd Samuel, both of T&T parentage once again. This after a decision was made by Fifa at its 59th Congress in Nassau, Bahamas, on Wednesday to remove the age limit on players changing national teams. Under established rules players with dual nationality, who had already played for a country’s national team at youth level, were only allowed to switch loyalties at the age of 21 during a one-year window.

But the motion removing the age limit was approved by 58 per cent of the congress, while the other 42 per cent voted against it. However, the rule change does not affect any player who has played for the full national team as they are barred from switching nations. When contacted on the matter, T&TFF special advisor and Concacaf boss, Jack Warner, intransit from Bahamas to Cayman Islands with Fifa president Sepp Blatter, said the local federation had written to Fifa asking for Zamora and Samuel to join the T&T team. “Fifa’s legal consultants are currently addressing the situation to give the T&TFF a response with the regards to the two players as soon as possible.”

During the 2006 Fifa World Cup campaign, both Samuel and Zamora then with Premiership clubs, Aston Villa and West Ham United respectively were targeted by former T&T coach, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker as possible additions to the Soca Warriors World Cup squad. But in the end, the request for the players were denied by Fifa after they informed the T&TFF that Zamora, whose father was born in Carenage, did not qualify to play for T&T, having represented England at Under-18 and Under-21 level while Samuel was also turned down for similar reasons.

It was further explained that Samuel like Zamora did not utilised the one-year window given by Fifa when a reversal of their status could have been possible. Since then both players have not represented England at senior level and may finally get a chance to play for the Soca Warriors during the 2010 Concacaf World Cup qualifiers.

Bobby Zamora...Fulham player, left,
Jlloyd Samuel...plays for Bolton.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF targets UK-born Zamora, Samuel again
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:17:03 AM »
ahh, this is good news. Any quality that can be added to the team is very welcome, especially defense(I'm talking about you J Lloyd Samuel) Thanks to Mr Warner once again for pulling an ace out of his sleave to try and help this ungrateful country's football. Yeah yeah, I dislike him for the blacklist, but have to admit he's done more than anyone else to further our football, even though he occasionally makes it take 5 steps backwards after 3 forwards.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:12:33 AM »
ahh, this is good news. Any quality that can be added to the team is very welcome, especially defense(I'm talking about you J Lloyd Samuel) Thanks to Mr Warner once again for pulling an ace out of his sleave to try and help this ungrateful country's football. Yeah yeah, I dislike him for the blacklist, but have to admit he's done more than anyone else to further our football, even though he occasionally makes it take 5 steps backwards after 3 forwards.

Aye, yuh post is full of contradictions.....yuh like Warner but dislike him for the blacklist.....the country ungrateful because he has done more for football than anyone else but he "occasionally" takes it 5 steps back after taking it 3 steps forward....uuuuummmmm make up yuh mind....

On another but related note, I keep reading forumites posting that getting these guys (Samuel in particular) is good for us.  I'll take their word for it because I've never seen them play.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 03:19:16 AM »
hear nah....yuh tink dem fellas could make it in time for d Mexico game?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 03:21:06 AM »
boy leh zamora haul he tail eh.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32:17 AM »

Aye, yuh post is full of contradictions.....yuh like Warner but dislike him for the blacklist.....the country ungrateful because he has done more for football than anyone else but he "occasionally" takes it 5 steps back after taking it 3 steps forward....uuuuummmmm make up yuh mind....

On another but related note, I keep reading forumites posting that getting these guys (Samuel in particular) is good for us.  I'll take their word for it because I've never seen them play.....

lol, i know it sounds contradictory, but i'm just saying, that instead of only looking at the negative(plenty) and demonizing the man, we should look at the many positives also. Yes, even though I said all those things, I still think OVERALL he's done more for our football than anyone else, if you add up all the positives and negatives. You think we would have gotten to germany 06 without Warner? I know people with their hating will say yes, but looking at it objectively it's obviously no. To just mention one thing, Beenhackker big toe wouldn't have set foot on T&T if not for Warner.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32:42 AM »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 05:24:59 AM »
Steeuups......
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:28:05 AM »
But the motion removing the age limit was approved by 58 per cent of the congress, while the other 42 per cent voted against it.
Them does just feel to waste ink or something?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:31:12 AM »
But the motion removing the age limit was approved by 58 per cent of the congress, while the other 42 per cent voted against it.
some could have abstained.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 07:00:19 AM »
samuel yes....an in form Zamora definitely. for me he is too inconsistant as a striker..but when on his game he can produce. samuel brings good pace and experience which is sorely lacking in our defense....especially at the wing back position. we shud also look for other players outside of england as well. trinidadians does find themselves all over the world so with this new ruling they need to start searching other leagues in other countries to locate talent. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 07:23:43 AM »
right now i taking anything i could get yes, we need it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 07:30:12 AM »
boy leh zamora haul he tail eh.

ent!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 07:48:13 AM »
this is ah real judas topic oui... thing get real beat here in the past. ah notice non of the older heads eh commenting.

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 07:50:38 AM »
ride out with Zamora!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »
ride out with Zamora!!!

im pretty sure he will accept and come lol  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 08:23:32 AM »
samuel yes....an in form Zamora definitely. for me he is too inconsistant as a striker..but when on his game he can produce. samuel brings good pace and experience which is sorely lacking in our defense....especially at the wing back position. we shud also look for other players outside of england as well. trinidadians does find themselves all over the world so with this new ruling they need to start searching other leagues in other countries to locate talent. :beermug:

bring in zamora there will be stiff competiton up front  stern scotty and jones  they have to produce ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:28 AM »
i know this post is about dem two fellas, but jack "d brain" warner is a thief.

d brain is a rich man who got his riches on the backs of football players who only lately decided to not let d biggest con artist in tnt con dem anymore, dis is a man who surrounded himself with yes men, men who doh really care about anybody else but themselves, d brain, and impregnating their bank accounts. dat is all i am going to say about dat part.

as for bringing football along in tnt, are you serious?? you have got to be kidding. why are we unable to match usa, costa rica, honduras, and mexico and even el salvador and guatamela in the level of play and quality players on the field where it counts d most. we are behind these countries in preparedness and quality football programmes.

you cannot tell me that someone else would not have done a better job after all this time. 100 years, they just celebrated 100 years in existence and tnt still d low rung on d totem pole. d proof is in d pudding.

you know what it, warnerman just pisses me off. i am not going to say anymore right now. i am going to save some for my next rebuttle.

forgive my anger but this is crazy.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 08:48:06 AM »
Trini-man famous for sowing dey seeds all over de world...doh matter where yuh goh, yuh does hear somebody say "my father trinidadian".....with that said, my suggestion would be to put ah add in de Italian papers so we could get ah Italian defense. put out one in spain and portugal for ah left midfield..puy one out in brazil for ah center midfield and one in africa for ah striker

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »
I doh want to see Zamora nowhere close to we national team.  That asshole turned his back on us before.  Where we going running him dong now?  He had his chance.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 09:13:54 AM »
Trini-man famous for sowing dey seeds all over de world...doh matter where yuh goh, yuh does hear somebody say "my father trinidadian".....with that said, my suggestion would be to put ah add in de Italian papers so we could get ah Italian defense. put out one in spain and portugal for ah left midfield..puy one out in brazil for ah center midfield and one in africa for ah striker
Fer real ,on a radio talk show this morning ,one of the girl from Naked news say shes a Trini ,from POS to Canada.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »
some could have abstained.

Wow that would have been HUGE news!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »
I doh want to see Zamora nowhere close to we national team.  That asshole turned his back on us before.  Where we going running him dong now?  He had his chance.

I guess you rather we come last in de Hex?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »
Fantastic News!

I understand the bitter sentiment regarding Zamora, but at this stage, we have to take what we can get.
Hart for president

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »
This Zamora ting gone to people head,at the time he refused TT he had aspirations of playing for England and there was that chance,Jlloyd also refused at a time that was crucial to him.I cannot see why you all are dismissing Zamora and saying yes to Samuel,the bottom line is they are both EPL players and "beggars cant be choosers",Zamora could also play in mid-field.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »

lol, i know it sounds contradictory, but i'm just saying, that instead of only looking at the negative(plenty) and demonizing the man, we should look at the many positives also. Yes, even though I said all those things, I still think OVERALL he's done more for our football than anyone else, if you add up all the positives and negatives. You think we would have gotten to germany 06 without Warner? I know people with their hating will say yes, but looking at it objectively it's obviously no. To just mention one thing, Beenhackker big toe wouldn't have set foot on T&T if not for Warner.

Of course no one has ever done more for our football ....has anyone else ever gotten a chance ?
Like I've always said...we made it to Germany IN SPITE OF Jack Warner.  And who is to say if another person was in charge they wouldn't have gotten Beenhacker too, or maybe even a bigger name coach for that matter.  

And what who is to say whether Warner was behind the move to remove the age limit from the rules.  I hardly see a man like Warner fighting a battle like that just for T&T to get players like Zamora and Samuel to join the team.  I coulda understand if there was a possibility of getting CRonaldo and Kaka maybe.  In any case the rule does not only affect us alone, but also all other opposing teams as well.  

If you want to talk about doings things for T&T football, talk about implementing good football programs, even settling for the programs to emulate the other CONCACAF teams who ranked ahead of us and still doh have a Jack Warner to pull they strings.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 10:55:53 AM »

Of course no one has ever done more for our football ....has anyone else ever gotten a chance ?
Like I've always said...we made it to Germany IN SPITE OF Jack Warner.  And who is to say if another person was in charge they wouldn't have gotten Beenhacker too, or maybe even a bigger name coach for that matter.  

And what who is to say whether Warner was behind the move to remove the age limit from the rules.  I hardly see a man like Warner fighting a battle like that just for T&T to get players like Zamora and Samuel to join the team.  I coulda understand if there was a possibility of getting CRonaldo and Kaka maybe.  In any case the rule does not only affect us alone, but also all other opposing teams as well.  

If you want to talk about doings things for T&T football, talk about implementing good football programs, even settling for the programs to emulate the other CONCACAF teams who ranked ahead of us and still doh have a Jack Warner to pull they strings.
[/quote]

my sentiments exactly..........
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
This Zamora ting gone to people head,at the time he refused TT he had aspirations of playing for England and there was that chance,Jlloyd also refused at a time that was crucial to him.I cannot see why you all are dismissing Zamora and saying yes to Samuel,the bottom line is they are both EPL players and "beggars cant be choosers",Zamora could also play in mid-field.
We is not beggars ...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 11:23:50 AM »
I use the word "beggars" as a figure of speech and its not meant as an insult,why should we not use better players if they are willing to play,have we got better.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
Ok ...we have Warriors ,I doh know if they better or have a warrior heart,good plugs for holes we might have doh.

1]; } ?>